(HYBRID) A Replacement to an...

By WhiteSwordsman01

Contains violence, some scenes may not be for everyone, but they are marked with *** or aren't even written... More

Prologue [edited]
Chapter 1: The Shore [edited]
Chapter 2: The First time I saw him [edited]
Chapter 03: [edited] Our first conversation wasn't...
Chapter 4: We were never meant to meet again
Chapter 5: I shouldn't have said that
Chapter 6: He's not worth it
Chapter 7: Alone
Chapter 8: Village
Chapter 10: On a Bloody Night...
Chapter 11: Into the depths of the Castle
Chapter 12: Her Blood was Calling for Him
Chapter 12: Do you Remember that Starry Sky?

Chapter 9: Bloodbath

8.6K 343 56
By WhiteSwordsman01

CHAPTER 9:
BLOODBATH

How the fúck does one noble have a castle as scary as the one Ivan was staring at, yet have the blue roses planted around it?

It's exactly what Ivan's been wondering since he saw the castle the noble who goes by the name of Daryun Vyekovechan, has been living in. He wondered as to why is he even living in a castle as big as it is. Nobles don't usually have that big castles unless they are royals, but he was sure as hell that this guy wasn't one.

"Let's get this done with and go home," he said to himself as he started using his ability to became some other creature. That ability of his was powerful just by itself, enough for him to become a king, but he knew that he was nothing compared to Van. Van was a skilled warrior and the teleportation ability he possessed with combination of it were enough to make him the most powerful hybrid that walked the Earth. Compared to that man, no one was qualified to be the supreme ruler. But he had a weakness, and that was his past. Every hybrid had the one, but his was darker and more painful.

Sighing, he felt his fangs elongating and eyes changing completely as he was taking a form of a vampire, he thought how his job could be boring from time to time. Being the third in control, he had to deal with armies, diplomatic deals, problems like the one he's currently facing aka. the betrayal of selfish matters from the noble, securing and protecting both his King and the castle... And although he was grateful for having the chance to do it, he partly hated all of the responsibilities placed on his shoulder. Protecting Van was one, he loved that part, but having to deal with affairs of supernatural as twisted as they were...

He knocked on the gate before sighing again, here it comes again: that noble will lick his feet and try to look like the best person alive.

The little window on the huge wooden gate opened and Ivan saw a vampire staring down at him in disgust as he only smiled his way. The guard checked him up and down and Ivan guessed that he was trying to figure out if he was someone important or not. From his next words, Ivan guessed that he thought of the later.

"What do you want, scum. Do you know whose castle are you entering?" the vampire said as Ivan stayed stunned for few minutes before grinning. That sounded like a better version of his entrance. Did they treat everyone that came here without an certificate or invitation like that?

"Nope, some poor and bad vampire, I guess?" he decided to push the guard's buttons. He'll open the doors for him.

"You just signed yourself a death wish," the guy through the little window said before closing it as the gates started opening. He hadn't had some action in a while anyway, so it was a great opportunity. He'll send the warning to Daryun and kill the boredom at the same time. Van wouldn't mind, he broke the law using his position as a noble vampire to take more man than needed, Ivan thought.

The gate finally opened and there stood five man before him. He tilted his head. Just? C'mon, he has atleast fifty men on stand-by when someone enters the royal palace, you can never know how dangerous someone really is by just staring at them the first time you see them. The world of supernatural got too cocky just because of hybrids. That was their downfall and that's exactly why they would have lost the war if there weren't for hybrids.

*****

Van started at the window before taking a glance at the woman in his bed. She wasn't enough. In the last fee days, he couldn't find pleasure in the women he fùcked, not ever since he felt Evelyn's warm mouth around his cøck. He wanted to be deep inside of her, his body ached to have her skin to skin, but no. He didn't want her. He was disgusted by the mere thought of having a beloved while his mate is there somewhere ready to meet him. It's how it usually went. He will find a beloved, and I few months he'll find his soul-mate. The real soul-mate who'll be able to birth him children, the real soul-mate who'll be his for eternity like other three hybrids had. Out of twenty three hybrids that existed, three had met their soul-mates while eight, including him and them, met their beloveds. It's always the same, it never changed. The three beloved who used to be are now chained deep inside of the castle where no one will ever find them, as soul-mates didn't held an liking to them. It was that or rip their heads off. Since every hybrid still had a soft spot for them, they chose the first option. They all fell in love with them, and no matter if they had soul-mate, it was hard to get rid of beloveds. That's why he didn't want the girl.

Both he and her were better off without each other. He stared at the crying girl in his bed who was wondering about what did she do the wrong? Why couldn't she satisfy him? Why wasn't she enough?

Sighing, he put his pants on before heading out of his room.

"Your Highness, please... Wait..." she was afraid that he'll kill her because of it. She wanted to correct that, and she was ready to do anything that could help her in doing so. She'd please him however he wanted, just to stay alive.

"Reward her, and tell her to get lost by an hour," he said as he passed the guards on his doors as the werewolves only bowed and headed inside where the naked woman stared at his retreating form in despair. He couldn't kill the girl, if wasn't her fault that he couldn't come, and she was some daughter of fourthy-first progenitor from royal vampire family... Which was it again? He couldn't tell. After all, he's been getting one royal or noble daughter from each family every week ever since he came to rule. They all hoped to be pregnant and birth him a prince, but he knew better. Only his soul-mate was capable of it.

Just as he passed the corridor, he saw the second most powerful hybrid, his beta, Stephan. He was a red haired man, the one woman all around the world wanted, but he never cared for them. He frowned when he noticed the absence of Ivan, he was always there with him for a meeting they usually held at that time.

"Where's Ivan?" he asked as he started heading downstairs and buttoned his shirt up.

"He's still on a mission, my King," Stephan said as he bowed down "He said that he found some... Nuisance on those lands, so he had to deal with it and will report it all back once he returns," he continued as Van nodded. He took a moment to study his beta, the man just lost his unborn child as his mate isolated herself locked in some room, ignoring him or anyone else at that matter. He was the first to find his soul-mate, and she was about to birth him a son, but she was attacked by the same group of vampires that's been wrecking a havoc with witches, and went through the miscarriage.

It's been hard for everyone, especially from him. He lost his pup, his mate isolated herself, and he was left to deal with it all alone. So, off course, he relieved his anger on his beloved he kept locked away and haven't seen in ages. They managed to save her, but she was in trauma from him and escaped while no one noticed.

Van suspected that they had someone from inside who helped her, but he wasn't so sure. Right now, Stephan's been chasing both those vampires and searching for his beloved, Iris. Be it out of regret or rage, he didn't know, but couldn't stop his friend either. She wasn't Van's for him to try and control Stephan.

"Alright, we'll start without him and by the way," Van started "I want royal ball to be held tomorrow night," and with that headed to the meeting room as Stephan followed with a frown.

Why has his King decided to make a ball out of nowhere? They haven't held one in a long time, decades even, except for Van's birthday, or some other hybrid's, but ball for no reason whatsoever... That was something else.

"Can I know the reason behind it?" he asked Van who only shrugged.

"There is no any pecicular reason behind it," Van shrugged "I just felt like throwing one," because he had nothing else to think of aside from his beloved, and that wasn't good at all.

"Really? If you say so..." Stephan replied.

"Wanna go to hunt?" Van asked.

"What? Kao u dobra stara vremena?" like in good old times?

"Not really," Van shrugged it "Previše smo ljudskih bića ubili do sada. Mislio sam na nešto... Divlje," (We've killed far too many human beings up till now. I meant on something...wilder.) Van said as Stephan nodded.

"Jelene? Sezona im je," (Deers? It's their season,) he asked and van nodded. They had a lot of them around the castle and then he remembered Evelyn. She hunted deers. She's the one that's been hunting them for the royal palace and he knew nothing about it. He always had that picture of bulky, bald man with a bird to be the one who'd hung those powerful and fast animals, but that picture was now ruined by skinny, weak midget such is Evelyn.

He groaned. So much from taking his mind of her.

"Idemo, poslužiće," (let's go, they'll do fine) was all he said before sprinting with his unnatural speed towards the exits of the castle. Good chase is always the best when not planned.

*****

Less then thirty minutes later from when he came to the entrance, Ivan was standing surrounded by the fire and atleast two hundred dead vampires in the garden. Too bad for all those blue roses, they were really rare, but he managed to destroy them all by throwing his enemies across the yard. Maybe he over-exegerated? Nah, he did worse in the past.

Glancing at the position of the sun, he guessed that he's late for the regular meeting, and knowing Van and Stephan, they're probably having some fun without him... They always do when he's not around. Well, he can now enjoy since he had the best time from the three, whatever they did.

He glanced at the entrance that led to the main hall, he'd say, and saw a man stepping out.

"Who are you and why did you come here?" he asked.

"I'm here because I heard some rather interesting things from villagers about this place's lord. Who are you?" Ivan asked and the man's face darkened.

"I am the Lord of this place, Daryun Vyekovechan. I'm still to know your name, vampire. And don't believe the rumours you heard from some petty humans," he said as Ivan sighed. So much from the fun.

"I saw it myself, so I believe in that," he said as Daryun gave him the coolest stare a creature such as himself could ever give. Ivan knew it even before Daryun made a move.

He was out to kill him. He couldn't let Ivan get away with that knowledge, he possessed threat if someone from higher-ups heard of his actions.

Just as he was about to move, Ivan surprised him by flashing behind him and in second, as if time stopped right then, whispered;

"Now, that was what I call a bad move," and with that, he kicked him in his back sending his body flying all the way to the front gates Ivan came from. Okay, maybe he over-exegerated it again.

Sighing, he slowly headed to where he sent the noble flying as he slowly started changing in his real, hybrid form. His eyes lost the red color turning to completely white, ad if he didn't have anything but irises at all, as his brownish hair slowly became lighter and lighter before completely turning to white. He hadn't used that form for a while.

"That's right, I forgot to say my name," he added as he stood over the Vampire who shook in fear "But I guess you probably do know it already," he chuckled.

"Sir, I..." Daryun started, but Ivan rose his head to stop him.

"You broke the law, and that is almost as same as treachery. Since you actually mean something to this state, I won't kill you... Yet. I want you to return the men to the village and never again do something like this, or I won't show as much mercy as I just did. Do you understand?" Daryun nodded repeatedly as Ivan glared at him the same way he did at him earlier.

"Words, I expect answer in words when I ask something," Ivan said as he gulped.

"I understand, sir. It will be done," Daryun responded as Ivan then just dissappeared.

Realizing the humiliation he's just been put through, Daryun roared in fury. Village? It's the one next to the waterfalls, for sure. They are the only ones that were bold enough to chalenge him, to complain against him. He won't let them get away with what they've done, no one gets away with humiliating him in front of his man and anyone else.

He will burn their village and get the women. It will be like nothing they've been through before.

He make them pay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 4.9K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
649K 34.1K 36
[IMPORTANT SEQUEL ALERT: Book #2 of 'The Lost One' Series] Love. That's what they had. He loved her and she loved him. Kaiden had never been as pro...
151K 6.5K 72
I never would wish anyone to lose their mate by rejection nor death. I never would wish this on my greatest enemy or my best friend. I never would wi...
2.4K 137 29
_A broken wolf_ I have longed for a mate. I yearned for love. Maybe my parents loved me, but I have no memory of either of them. My aunt never cared...