Daughter of Neptune (Percy Ja...

By leourasalvatore

** I wrote this story before reading the next series of Percy Jackson, so don't hate...this is purely my imag... More

Daughter of Neptune
Prologue - Arya DeLuise
Chapter 1 - Eva DeLuise
Chapter 2 - On the Bus
Chapter 3 - Empousai
Chapter 4 - Camp True Blood
Chapter 5 - Breakfast
Chapter 6 - Audiance
Chapter 7 - Travelling Bags
Chapter 8 - Bus trip
Chapter 9 - Percy Jackson
Chapter 11 - Dumb Beefstick
Chapter 12 - Recovery
Chapter 13 - Maple Tree
Chapter 14 - Flying Pigs
Chapter 15 - Riots
Chapter 16 - Partying Ponies?
Chapter 17 - Park
Chapter 18 - Rachel Dare
Chapter 19 - Bleeding Heart
Chapter 20 - The Elevators
Chapter 21 - The Throne Room
Chapter 22 - Surprise, surprise
Chapter 23 - It's Time
Chapter 24 - Heroes
Chapter 25 - Gifts from the Gods
Chapter 26 - Deal
Chapter 27 - Reasonable
Chapter 28 - The New Oracle
Chapter 29 - Fairytale? Nahh
Chapter 30 - (Epilogue)

Chapter 10 - The Rivers

13.4K 221 10
By leourasalvatore

There were a lot of cars and other transports around. ''So where are we going?'' I asked, I hate it when I don't know things.

''We are going to the Hudson and East rivers'' Annabeth answered.

I was going to ask them why when I understood ''to stop the troops from coming onto the land right?'' I guessed and Annabeth grinned.

''Sorry dude'' Percy said as he pulled the driver of a red Vespa off,

I sighed and said ''you guys go on the scooter, I'm gonna ride that midnight blue motor bike right there'' pointing at the bike which was leaning against the brick wall. It looked cool, and I do know how to ride a motor bike, even though I'm not supposed to.

They nodded and got on, Percy was driving of course with Annabeth clinging onto him. I went to my rental bike and threw the helmet on the floor, who needs a helmet? it is no use when you're gonna fight monsters and a Titan. Percy drove in the front since I don't know area, we zigzagged in and out. The engines' soft purr was the only noise apart from the rare occasion of a phone going off.

We did stop when we saw people sleeping on the roads, and put them on the pavements. It was a huge task, but it needed to be done. I as moving a little girl when my phone buzzed, I gently put the girl down and answered it. It was Trevor.

''What's the matter?'' I asked, if it was something pathetic....

He sighed through the phone and said ''Arya the Greeks are getting on my nerves. They won't listen to us and they won't tell us anything about what they are doing.'' he complained. Seriously? did the head of Minerva cabin call me to complain? He was the son of the Goddess of Wisdom for gods' sake!

I took a deep breath trying to stop the anger that was building up. Percy and Annabeth looked at me, but I shook my head and turned my back to them and walked a couple of paces away.

''Trevor....seriously? you called me because of this? we are in the middle of the greatest battle of the century....and you are calling me because you are not happy with the way the Greeks are treating you. Grow up, seriously, I thought you were better than this, you are the son of Minerva. Sort it out.'' I hissed through the phone, if I were saying it to his face, he would have flinched.

''But, they are insulting our intelligence'' he whined,

I sighed and said ''Trevor listen to me, you have to keep our camp under control, don't mind the Greeks ok. We are here to do a task''.

He sighed and said ''I know Arya, sorry'', I rolled my eyes and ended the call.

This is going to be difficult, if Minerva cabin can't get along with the Greeks....I doubt no one else can too. I walked back to my brother and Annabeth, they moved the people away from the road and were waiting for me on their scooter. ''What was it then?'' Percy asked as he turned the ignition on,

I got on my bike and said ''just a quarrel, no biggie''. Both of them looked at me and then Percy lead the way again.

I followed closely behind them, we had to stop a fire on a pretzel vendor's cart and catch a baby carriage that was rolling down the street. The funny thing was that there was a poodle instead of a baby, who does that? We were passing a square park when Annabeth told Percy to stop, yes, I was confused, but I pulled over too.

Annabeth jumped out and ran into the park, I groaned this is not the time to play on the swings, I thought irritated. When me and Percy caught up with her, she was staring at a bronze statue on a red marble pedestal. I recognised it instantly it was William Seward.

''Annabeth what are we doing here?'' I said crossing my arms, I was growing impatient like hell.

''Why do we care about...William H. Steward?'' Percy said struggling to read. Typical demi-god.

''Seward'' Annabeth corrected, I sighed. ''He was a New York governor. Minor demi-god - son of Hebe, I think. But that's not important. It's the statue I care about'' she continued.

''Don't tell me he's an automaton'' Percy said looking at Annabeth,

I knitted my eyebrows together and said ''a what?''.

Annabeth turned and said to me ''it's a creation of Daedalus, the creature of the Labyrinth'' I nodded. She turned her attention back to Percy and said ''turns out most of the statues in the city are automatons. Daedalus planted them here just in case he needed an army''.

''For what fighting or defending Olympus?'' I questioned, Annabeth shrugged. I walked back to my bike, to let them talk about it. I didn't care less.

I answered my phone since it was ringing annoyingly loud. I gritted my teeth I swear if it was some other lame complain I'll go nuts. ''Hello?'' I sighed.

It was Anna. ''What's the matter?'' I asked.

I could make out a faint argument in the background, ''Arya, the Greeks..'' she started.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, ''Anna, please I don't know what happened but sort it out'' I moaned, she groaned and was about to say something but I cut her off. ''Hand the phone over Katie'' I grunted, Katie was the head of the Demeter cabin.

''Hello?'' Katie answered but I heard a little bit of acidity,

''Katie what is going on?'' I said

''the Romans are getting in our way'' she proclaimed,

I huffed ''what are they doing exactly?'' I challenged.

''Well, they are not growing the plants properly, which means that we have to regrow them and it's wasting our time'' she muttered,

I closed my eyes and said ''you are all brothers and sisters, try to get along...and the pathetic answer you just gave me...is a lie and you know it'' I said coldly towards the end.

She whispered a low ''sorry'' and I cut the line.

Percy and Annabeth were at my side, when I ended the call. Percy said ''complains?'' I sighed and nodded. Then we made our way to the rivers again. We parked our rides by a Battery Park or something, then Percy told Annabeth to wait. She argued back but lost. Percy went into the polluted water and disappeared.

I decided to talk to Annabeth ''so, how long have you known Percy?'' I asked,

she shrugged and said ''for almost 6 years''. I leaned against my bike when she asked me ''so who do you live with?''

I smirked and said ''my mum, my mortal mum''.

She looked at me confused for a second ''wait, so you really were born through a mortal? she asked amazed,

I rolled my eyes and said ''duh, Jupiter told my parents to get rid of me, so they transferred me to a mortal's womb with the help of the other Gods''.

''Wow'' she said,

I shrugged and said ''to be honest I really don't think that, I consider Neptune as my father, but...I consider my mortal mum as my mother, not Venus.''

She looked at me stunned ''why?'' she gasped.

I took a deep breath and said ''well, Venus is lovely and everything....but she doesn't look at me like a daughter.'' The look on Annabeth's face told me to continue so I did. ''She sees me more like a threat or a disease. I don't know why but...she does and I tried to ignore it...then I realised that no one can. I tried to treat her like a mum, but she rejects it.. and I can't handle that..'' I whispered, but my voice still cracked and I felt tears building up. This was a touchy subject for me, and I hate the look on her face when she sees me. She doesn't act it in front of the other Gods especially dad, and every time I look at her eyes, it always reads the same message 'I wish you were never born'. I could never hate anyone, but she is the closest I'll ever get.

Annabeth looked at me with pity in her eyes and gave me a hug. I hated looking weak, but sometimes we all have to. ''I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked'' she murmured lowering her head,

I shook my head and touched her arm ''there is no need for an apology, but do me a favour and don't tell anyone''. I really don't want people to know about my personal problems. She nodded and then her phone rang.

She answered it, and by the look on her face, I knew that it was serious. She cut the line just as Percy came to us. ''It worked, the rivers are safe'' he told us,

''good because we've got other problems. Michael Yew just called. Another army is marching over the Williamsburg Bridge. The Apollo cabins need help. And Percy the monster leading the enemy....it's the Minotaur'' Annabeth said, her voice shaking.

I gasped and clenched my jaw. I am not gonna let dumb half cow take anyone away from me, I will tear it limb by limb if it even looks at Josh. ''We have to go now'' I said sternly, and both of them quickly nodded but I saw the doubt in their eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 2.6K 30
After losing the one closest to him, he disappears for quite a long time. Another war is coming. Against an enemy that was never seen before. A war...
12.8K 647 27
'I was in love with the stupid sun god.' * Ariadne was born in Tartarus. She had never seen the real world outside of the hell hole that she knew. Bu...
185K 3.3K 32
This is just a little thing I've wanted to do for a while- write a Percabeth fan fiction. So this is basically during The Mark Of Athena, and The Hou...
774K 20.5K 97
1st Place in the Percy Jackson Wattys 2018 * '"So it's settled then." Zeus said, "In order to solidify our truce with Nyx Apollo will marry Nyx's dem...