Open Arms (ON HOLD)

By DipDyedPrincess

Moving to a new town in a new state is hard for every teenager. But according to 18 year old Shaylee Dawson... More

Chapter 2 ~Boy Talk and Introductions~
Chapter 3 ~Farewells and Arrivals~
Chapter 4 ~Roomies and Soccer~
Chapter 5 ~Clay Pots and New Friends~
Chapter 6 ~Homeroom and Chemistry Equations~
Chapter 7 ~Rivalry and Spanish Tutoring~
Chapter 8 ~Quesadillas and Eyes~

Chapter 1 ~Moving In and Meeting the Neighbors~

65 2 0
By DipDyedPrincess

"Shay! Do you mind helping carry the boxes out of the van?!" I heard my mom screech out from the backyard.

I opened the kitchen window and yelled out, "Be right there!"

I walked out of the kitchen, slipped on my navy blue converse and headed out the front door. I walked to the van where my mom was taking out boxes from the back and leaned against the car.

"Here, Shay. Take this to the living room, will you?" asks my mom as she hands me a box.

"Kay." I said and headed inside the house. I walked into the huge new living room and placed the box on the coffee table. As I headed out the door again, my 17 year old younger sister, Colette, runs into me with her blackberry in her hand.

"Colette, watch where you're going!" I snapped.

"Sorry, sorry. I was texting Oliver." she apologizes, her eyes glued to her cellphone screen.

"Are you two going to do the 'long distance relationship'?" I asked.

"Yup." she replies with a cheeky grin.

"You know, they're unhealthy for your relationship. Long distance can hurt you two." I said.

"Oliver and I will be fine." she says.

"Whatever you say..." I said with a sigh and walked out of the door.

"Here you go, this is the last one. Thanks for helping me, Shay." says mom as I took another cardboard box full of stuff.

"No problem." I said and walked inside the house again. I placed the last box on the same coffee table and threw myself onto the couch.

"So. Fucking. Tiring." I said to myself as I dropped my head back.

"Feel free to relax, Shay. But be sure you and Colette start unpacking and pack for next week." says my mom, from the kitchen.

Right, next week.

My mom and dad are sending Colette and I to a boarding school.

Orewood Academy.

It's not an ordinary boarding school, but the most richest boardingschool in Massachusetts. If only it was in New York.

One of my fear of moving here is that I was a gigantic New York Yankees fan. My whole entire family is...well, except for Colette who prefers watching football with her boyfriend, Oliver.

Since we all moved here of business circumstances, it's a problem for me.

It's not only a baseball problem, but leaving my friends is a problem.

My bestest friends.

Leaving them is the most tragic part of moving.

As I closed my eyes and relaxed for a bit, the doorbell suddenly rings.

I looked at the door and there were several knocks.

"Colettttttte...the door!" I groaned, lazily.

"You lazy ass." says Colette and opens the door.

"Who is it?" I asked, sitting up straight.

"Your new neighbors." I heard an unfamiliar voice reply.

I turned to the door and stood up.

At the door was a lady about mid 40's and...a guy.

A really cute guy, I must say.

"Um, hi." I said, walking to the door.

"Oh wow! You must be our neighbors!" says mom, walking towards the door and stood next to me.

"Hi, my name is Lucy Freeman." says the lady with a grin in her face. She then places her hand on his son's shoulder, "And this is my son, Trevor."

"Hi, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Clare Dawson." says mom and they both shook hands.

I slowly smiled back at Trevor and said shyly, "I'm Shaylee. Or Shay for short."

"Trevor." he says.

"Here is some cookies that I made a while ago." says Mrs. Freeman, handing mom a plastic box.

"Oh, you shouldn't have. Thank you so much!" says mom, smiling with joy.

"You're very welcome." replies Mrs. Freeman, "Would you all like to come over for a bit?"

"We would love to but we need to finish unpacking and my two daughters need to prepare for school next week." says mom.

"Which school?" asks Mrs. Freeman.

"Orewood Academy." I reply.

"Hey, I go there." says Trevor.

"Oh really? Hear that, Colette? Shay?" says mom.

"Is Orewood a nice school?" asks Colette.

"It's okay, in my honest opinion. It's like a normal high school but we have more strict rules than the public schools." replies Trevor, "Other than that, the food's pretty great. No mystery meat or soup surprises."

I couldn't help but to smile bigger on that. Not about the food but how nice Trevor is.

Most guys are rude and boring.

Especially the ones back in my old high school in Albany. Hated those little shits.

"Why don't you three hang around for a little bit? Don't worry about your packing. You can do it later." says mom.

"Okay. Thanks mom." I said.

Colette, Trevor and I stepped outside and headed out on the streets.

"So, where do you live?" I asked him.

"That one." he says, pointing to a yellow house next to ours.

"Next door neighbors. Nice." says Colette.

"How old are you guys?" he asks us.

"I'm 17." she replies, happily.

"I'm 18." I replied, simply.

"Me too." he says, "Are you a senior?"

"Yup." I said.

"Same here." he says, smiling.

"I can't wait for my first day at Orewood. I hated my old school back in Albany." she says.

"What was wrong with your old school?" he asks.

"Nothing was wrong. Colette just hated it 'cause of her poor grades." I said.

"Ahh." he says.

"My grades weren't bad! They were...decent." she says.

"An F in Geometry is decent?" I said, smirking.

"Shut up, Shay!" she snaps.

"You two are great." chuckles Trevor, "So, your first day is next week?"

"Yup. A dreaded Monday is our first day." I said.

"Speaking of schools, aren't you suppose to be at school right now?" asks Colette.

Trevor and I both looked at Colette.

"What?" she asks.

"It's a Saturday, Colette. Obviously, he has school today." I said in a sarcastic remark.

"Oh...right." she replies with disappointment in her eyes.

I laughed and looked up at the sky. It was blue and the clouds were out, floating.

I took a deep breath and smiled.

Today is a brand new day in Boston.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

I don't usually write sappy stories but I thought I'd want to write a boarding school love story for a change. I've read some of these before (aside from the all boys boarding school crap) and I thought it'd be fun to actually write a story about it.

Hopefully it won't be as boring or stupid. I promise I'll try my best to make this story funny and cute.

Votes and comments on the first chapter, maybe?

Much is appreciated <3

-DipDyedPrincess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 4.9K 48
The typical love story. Bad Boy meets good girl, They fall in love. Blah Blah Blah... Boring and used so many times! But what if the popular Rich Gir...
639 26 17
Caitlin, the new transferee at a high class school, faces challenges with social interaction and a rollercoaster ride of adolescent emotions. She enc...
1.4K 58 19
When Lena goes off to a boarding school for the first time, she expects fun parties and new friends. But she gets the house that has a dark history a...
108 30 30
[COMPLETED] An abandon sanitorium in a quiet upstate New York town becomes a place of discovery and self realization for Tara Kellie. Abandon at birt...