Falling for the Boss

Af rkhosp

After finishing university and diving straight into the real world, Natalie never expected to fall in love. S... Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Part 3 of Falling for the Boss...
Part 4 of Falling for the Boss...
Part 5 of Falling for the Boss...
Part 6 of Falling for the Boss
Part 7 of Falling For The Boss
Part 8 of Falling For The Boss
Part 9 of Falling for the Boss
Part 10 of Falling for the Boss
Part 12 of Falling for the Boss
Part 13 of Falling for the Boss

Part 11 of Falling for the Boss...

10.4K 252 18
Af rkhosp

Author's Note- 

I've finally uploaded, and I'm sorry it took so long! But, I've been working on this story and my other story all day, and my hands are literally cramping. One of my family members think I might have something wrong with my right hand because of typing so much, so please be happy that I've uploaded! This is from Natalie's POV, and I've put a recap at the beginning just so you remember what happened last... I hope you enjoy it! :) 

RECAP-

“Natalie, I like you, but,” He said. I knew there would be a ‘but’ coming; I knew this couldn’t work. “You’re my employee, so we can’t be together,” He finished. There was nothing I could say to this; I couldn’t protest or scream, because he was right. I didn’t speak so an awkward silence grew around us, and finally, Mr. Matthews stood up and left the room. I wanted to be upset, but there was nothing I could do. He was my boss, and that was that. I loved him, but it wouldn’t work. There was nothing that could change that, no reason to question it. It was final.

We avoided each other everyday at all costs. He was always late for a meeting or had to rush to a friend called Andrew’s house. I’d never heard him mention Andrew before this had all started, so I wasn’t even sure if he was real.  Where as, as soon as I finished working, I would run to the privacy of my room or speed off to Hayley’s, Chloe’s, or mum’s house.

On the odd occasion that we did bump into each other in the hallway, or we were stuck in the dining room for meals with Harrington, we made a rushed, awkward greeting and fled the scene as soon as we possibly could, one going one direction and the other going the opposite way.

Even Harrington had given up on us. He was no longer his cheerful, humming self. He had become a grumpy, impatient man ever since the awkwardness had started, and I knew that I wasn’t the only one who’d noticed his attitude change. Mr. Matthews noticed, but he didn’t do anything to change it. Neither did I. We just let the hostile ambience around the house remain.

I hadn’t even realized that I was almost done cleaning the whole house. I polished the mantelpiece, which completed the living room. All I had to do now was the kitchen. I retrieved the mop and the bucket from the hallway to clean the kitchen floors. I pushed the door to the kitchen open, where Harrington was propped up on the back counter reading “The Daily News”. His head was lined with creases as I entered, but he didn’t say anything. I mopped the floor in silence, the only thing I heard was the occasional turn of the newspaper pages every minute or two. I finished the floor to perfection after 15 minutes with a swish. I got a cloth out from under the sink to wipe the counters; once I finished that, I’d be done, and I would be able to get out of this hostile environment.

“I’ve already cleaned the worktops, Natalie,” Harrington said curtly.

“Oh, thanks!” I said, trying to keep a calm, pleasant voice as shoved the cloth back under the sink and slammed the door slightly to make a point. “I could’ve done that though. It’s my job…” He didn’t say anything, so I continued talking, “Well, since you’ve finished my job for me, I guess I’ll be going! I’m going to see my mum, then I’m going to Hayley’s house, so I’ll see you later.”

“Well, goodbye then,” he said, his face still in a deep frown.

“Bye, Harrington…” I said wearily, trying for a small smile. “Will you tell Mr. Matthews where I’ve gone?”

His mouth pinched up as if he’d just sucked a lemon. “Why can’t you just tell him yourself? He’s upstairs in his room.”

I frowned at him, my brows caving in a little. “No, Harrington, you know why I can’t do that.”

“Fine. See you tomorrow,” he said. His face was full of disapproval, but that wasn’t new. He didn’t approve of the way Mr. Matthews and I had been acting over the last few days. I gave Harrington a tight smile before going into the hall. I grabbed my bag that was by the door and walked out to the car. I put the car into gear and drove cautiously to mum’s house. It was now coming up to November, so the air was becoming frostier and the roads were getting slicker and slicker, making it easier for cars to skid.

As I drove up to mum’s house, I realized how much I’d gotten used to living in such a big house. Mum’s house was small, but it was a home. Mr. Matthews’ house wasn’t much of a home. It wasn’t filled with love, but mum’s house was. It was a comfort zone, where I could go anytime I needed a loving environment! I walked through the threshold of the house I’d grew up in, and instantly felt warm inside. I could smell apple pie in the oven, making the atmosphere even better.

Mum hadn’t heard me enter because of the radio in the kitchen, so I decided to sneak up on her. She was covered in flour from making the base and the pastry of the apple pie, but I didn’t care. I crept up behind her and wrapped my arms around her tightly. She shrieked and spun around, flicking me with flour before even realizing who it was. After I was covered in flour, she realized it was me. “Oh, look at your dress! Don’t you sneak up on me like that, young lady…” She said, her motherly instincts shining through. “But, it’s alright. I’ll forgive you for giving me the fright of my life. Now, come here, let me give you a big hug! That dress is already ruined anyway…” She enveloped me in her warm embrace. Her scent was mixed between her favourite Coco Chanel perfume and apple pie.

“Now, I know you’ve been yearning for that apple pie ever since you walked in the door, so go get another dress from your room and come back down. By the time you’re finished, the apple pie should be ready to come out of the oven,” She said, gesturing with her finger for me to go upstairs. I smiled at her and nodded. I hopped up the stairs and into my bedroom. I hadn’t been in here in a while, and it was good to be back in it. It had the comfort that my room at Mr. Matthew’s didn’t. My room was personalized here. It had parts of me in it. It had memories. I went to my wardrobe and pulled out a grey, wool dress that went just above the knees and matched it with a thick, black belt. I didn’t have to change shoes, so I went back down the stairs just as I heard the oven shutting.  

Mum had two bowls of apple pie ready when I entered the kitchen, both with a scoop of ice cream and surrounded with whipped cream – my favourite. She grinned at my delighted face. She beckoned for me to go into the living room, while she grabbed the two bowls and followed behind me. I sat down on the couch where America’s Next Top Model was just starting. We ate our apple pie in a comfortable silence except for some small talk. After finishing the delicious treat, we finished watching America’s Next Top Model.

As the ending credits played, mum turned around to me. “So, what’s your plan for the rest of your day?”

I told her about how was I was going over to Hayley’s house for an Indian takeaway with her and Chloe. Mum still didn’t know anything about the Mr. Matthews’ situation, but I knew that she was beginning to catch on. She’d noticed that I was spending a lot more time out of Mr. Matthews’ house, but she hadn’t said anything about it.. yet. I helped her clean the dishes that had gotten dirty from baking all day, and before leaving at 6:30, she gave me a huge bowl of chocolate mousse to take to Hayley’s house.

I arrived at flat just as Chloe was parking, so we walked up Hayley’s third floor apartment. When we got to the third floor, we could instantly hear Hayley’s TV blasting. I told Chloe the plan, and she agreed to go along with it.  We opened the unlocked door; my beloved, stupid best friend never bothered to lock the door unless it was when she was going to bed… I closed the door and walked into living room. Hayley was sitting on her luxurious, black leather couch with her eyes glued to the TV.  I gestured for Chloe to get ready – 1, 2, 3! We both jumped onto either side of the couch, knocking right into Hayley.

She screamed hysterically and began to pound the remote down on my head. “Who are you? What are you doing in my flat?! Get off me you pervert! She screamed at me, while Chloe literally rolled on the floor laughing.

“Hayley, it’s me. Calm yourself! There’s no need for you to batter me with the Sky remote,” I said, shaking my sore head in annoyance.

“Hey, don’t you take this out on me, Natalie! You’re the one that just gave me a freaking heart attack. My god, I might need to go to Accident and Emergency because of you!” Her face had set into what looked like a permanent pout.

“I’m sorry…” I said, trying to not snigger as I apologized. “Now, cheer up! Lets look at the menu to see what we want, and then, while we’re waiting, we can pick a film to watch!”  

I laughed as Hayley began to get excited, “Okay! Let’s do this,” she said, as if she was about to complete a big mission. Chloe and I looked at each other, simultaneously rolling our eyes. Hayley pulled the “Shalimar’s Take Away Menu” paper out of a small drawer in her modern kitchen. We chose to share everything, so we decided to get 2 curries, a noodle dish, fried rice, and a naan bread. After we put in our order, we looked for a film to watch.  We were finally able to all agree on one film; don’t worry it had only taken us 20 minutes… As Hayley put the DVD into the DVD player, the doorbell rang.

We sat down with our favourite Indian food and played the movie, a good night with my best friends began. And guess what? I managed to not think of him all night. 

Author's Note #2! -

What did you guys think? Please tell me in  a comment, and vote if you enjoyed this! :) 

It's my summer holidays right now, so today's question will be... where has been your favourite place to visit on holiday? Mine is Spain! It's really nice there... the beaches, the sun, the boys, EVERYTHING!<3

Thanks for all of your support!

-Bekah.  

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

9.6K 299 46
Teenage girl falls in love but it leads down the wrong path. Her life was changed drastically. (COMPLETED !!)
22 0 15
These four characters feel disconnected from their society's no matter which one they are in. The four don't understand what's happening to them unti...
188 4 17
"The whole thing sounds like something from a soap opera. Your mom bringing in some stranger to live with you, getting involved with your soccer coac...
191 47 23
Life of a teenager is never easy...whether dealing with school or other things..finding out who you are...your dream. But along the way, Emily may no...