The Shrink Program

By Shayni

Maddison Tramph makes terrible life choices and is shrunken as a result. To return to normal, she must refor... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Part Two
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Part Three
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Part Four
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
PART FIVE
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Epilogue.
Bonus

Chapter 148

617 40 47
By Shayni

Let me tell you a story.

The story of Princess No height, and the seven Giants.

There was Snarky

"Assuming that you people didn't drag us out here just to backstab Tramph again... "Apollo drawled sarcastically, lollipop help loftily in one hand. "Is there something that we could be doing right now besides confessing our private feelings for the entire group to hear?"

Grumpy

"Shut it short straw. " Alex snarled, moving to stand intimidatingly over the smaller boy. "The only reason you get to tag along with us after your bedtime is because Alan wants to use you as a hostage if things go to hell. If all you're going to do is pick fights, your purpose is served just as well with you tied up in the back of the helicopter."

Dopey

"Stop. " Before Apollo could open his mouth to snarl a reply, Robin wondered over to stand protectively at his side. "No fighting."

Smarmy

"Robin is exactly right. Shame on you, Alexander. What did I say to you about picking on children?" Alan wrapped an arm around his bothers shoulders, grinding his knuckles into Alex's temple. "Only do it when you want to make them cry. We haven't got time for that, so don't act so leisurely."

"I'll show you Leisurely!"

Flirty

"Are you alright Love?" Artemis questioned me gently as the others began to squabble. "You've been rather quiet for a while now... "

Dumbass.

"Oh, no." Nigel gasped in the same moment everyone suddenly shut up and turned to stare at us.

And.

Icy.

"Exactly who..."

Vain slowly, stiffly, turned his head to look up at Artemis.

"Are you calling Love ...? "

One day, the Princess and the seven giants were forced to work together to save the world.

The tall blond blinked back, his blue eyes showing confusion rather than concern.

"Ah... I meant no offence. It's simply an endearment-. "

I didn't end well.

"Okay!" Alan was suddenly in between them, keeping a hand on Vain's shoulder and likely saving Artemis' life. "Enough chit chat. Let's go save the world, shall we?"

"I vote yes to shutting up and saving the world." I raised a serious hand.

Alan sent me a pleased smile.

"Glad to hear it."

He stepped forward, expertly looping his arms through Vain's and escorting the both of us towards the Hill.

Seeing as the Hill was clearly within eyesight, the gesture was unnecessary... As well as dangerous, but at least it covered up the fact that Alan had to physically drag Vain away from glaring at Artemis.

"Cause the other option was changing our identities and running away to a secret tropical Island." Alan chuckled darkly to himself. "And there are only six seats on the helicopter."

That could only mean...

"... We'd have to leave Alex behind..."I stared up at Alan with haunted eyes "Wouldn't we? "

The cheerful Floid brother nodded sombrely.

"I'm afraid so."

After a long moment of letting the realisation sink in, I shrugged.

"... I could live with that."

A soft weight pressed against my back and I looked over my shoulder to see Alex poking at me with a peeved look on his face.

"And why exactly am I the one getting left behind?"

After my heart settled from the surprising touch, I gave Alex my most nonchalant shrug.

"....you and Alan are pretty much the same... If you really think about it, we'd only need one of you, right?"

Alex blinked at me, the anger not registering as if he couldn't believe that I had just said that.

A little ways behind us, Apollo snickered, spurning Alex to send him a threatening look over his shoulder.

I used the distraction, turning back to look at the Hill.

Artemis had noticed.

Which meant that pretty much everyone one must have noticed, but knew better than to ask.

"....Even if that were true, I can't believe you would pick Alan over me." Alex muttered moodily behind me.

"If I'm going to play survivor on a deserted Island Alex, I need someone I don't mind sacrificing to the volcano God..." My mouth continued to move on autopilot.

"Not seeing how this is shutting up and saving the world. " Apollo muttered as Alan began to squawk indignantly.

"Don't be rude Polly." I heard Artemis chide, and spun around just in time to see Apollo swing a clawing hand at his older brother, like a cat lashing out in righteous fury.

Artemis avoided the blow by simply stepping out of arms reach, smiling apologetically at Apollo's reproachful glare.

My lips twitched.

Polly?

"We need to establish communication before we go in," Vain commented to the Floid brother holding his arm.

"Why? Of course, the link is working. Why wouldn't it be?" Alan replied dismissively.

"You're willing to risk our lives on Why wouldn't it be?"

"... Yes. "

" Alan. "

"Fine." Alan used their looped arms to pull Vain into a stop, leaning forward to examine me closely.

"What," I demanded flatly, in no mood for whatever the hell they were talking about.

"We believe that you still have PeriWinkle's Nano Technology inside you. " He announced bluntly.

I stiffened.

"They are still using it to track us?" I guessed, only to have Alan twitch.

Guilty.

"That. Also, there is a high possibility that Peri is using it to... Ah, synchronise with your brain signals."

"Meaning... "

"That he is receiving phantom sensations from your mind."

"Which means...."

"He can hear, see and feel everything that you do. "

"So basically... "

"You and Peri are sharing a brain right now."

Sharing a brain. The exact words I had used to describe the way Winkle and Peri could sense what the other was feeling.

Which meant...

No.

He had...

No.

Witnessed...

Everything.

NO.

"...Are you sure?"

I mean, what are the odds?

"It explains why he didn't show up with Winkle at the party Maddison," Alan explained apologetically.

Right...

"Maybe he's taking a sick day?" I reasoned desperately.

"Did you experience any nausea or head pain when you first woke up? Only to have it eventually stabilised and go away."

"...it could be a coincidence."

Wordlessly, Alan pulled out his phone and typed out a number before holding it out for me to see.

"This is a private number on which we can be contacted. "

Please don't ring. Please don't ring. Please, please, please...

"Idiot! Why are you giving him my number...!" Alex was just stepping forward to snatch the phone out of his brother's hand...

When cheerful music began to play.

Maybe it's a telemarketer...

"You changed the ring tone again!" Alex hissed at his brother angrily.

"As I have already explained to you, Alexander, 1934 is a predictable password."

"Shut up. It's the only one I can remember... !"

"Just answer the phone Floid. " Vain remarked, his tone patient but his words far from it.

Sending his brother one last death glare, Alex reached into his shirt for an inside pocket.

He answered the call, immediately switching the phone to speaker.

The voice that came from the line was sheepishly cheerful.

And painfully familiar.

"Your ring tone is the Super Mario bro's theme?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 538 22
Ladies and Gentlegiants! Come with me to faraway lands where people of strange sizes live. Will they be nice? Will they hurt you? What fantastic -or...
6K 55 17
Samantha is just your average teenage girl, all except for her nano fetish. Lucky for her, half the population in the world is nano-sized, unlucky fo...
75.8K 868 48
G/T short stories! I'm open to suggestions.
23.4K 840 18
One little incident One little act One little tast of his kindness Was all it took for Error to become OBSESSED with the little Gaurdian of Positivit...