Give It Up

By RissyRozzayy

At school, Hope is known as the baddest girl around. Every girl wanted to be her and every guy wanted to have... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 (Part 1)
Chapter 5 (Part 2)
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 6

31K 633 263
By RissyRozzayy

*Xavi's POV:

TGIF! That's all I have to say as I walk through the doors of Benjamin Banneker High School. I can't stand this hellhole. It's full of dirty, stanky ass hoes dying for attention and niggas that try too hard to claim to something. Worse, these teachers ain't give a flying f-ck about our ass. Half of em barely pay attention to us in class or teach us properly. That's probably why we got hoes running around selling their bodies instead of getting a decent job and niggas who not knowing what's two plus two and sh*t.

As soon as I step in, I spot my boys Marcus and K'eion by our usual spot.

"So uhh, how them Knicks doing?" Marcus asked sarcastically as I walked up to them. He had that stupid smirk he always be putting on whenever he trynna pack on my favorite teams. 

"Nigga, shut the hell up!" I said laughing. "I ain't say nothing to you when the Clippers whooped them Celtics' ass last week!" Marcus and I were always debating about basketball. He was just salty how the Celtics got crushed by the Clippers. 122-67 nigga! HE's just being a hater. Whole time though, the Knicks got a better record.

"Aye, there she go," K'eion said as he pointed to something behind me. 

I turned around and instantly my eyes locked with Hope's distinctive, deep brown eyes. She looked away immediately but I continued to stare.

Damn, she looked good, as always. She had on a white t-shirt that hugged her body, showing me every inch of her delicious curves. And her shorts showed off her perfect onion bottom and them long, sexyass legs....

"Xavi!" Marcus yelled at me interrupting my thoughts on Hope. "Damn nigga, I called your name bout twenty times. What you daydreaming about?"

"Nothing," I murmured. 

"Ahhh, I see you!" I looked over at K'eion smirking at me. "You was thinking bout Hope wasn't you?"

"No!" I said.

"Aye, Hope!" Marcus yelled across the hallway. 

I immediately jumped across and clapped my hand across Marcus's mouth.

"Aye man! Shut the f-ck up!," I whispered.

Hope looked over at us with a quick look of confusion and disgust. I quickly looked away.

"Looks like Xavi has a lil thing going on for Hope," K'eion teased.

"Yeah, I saw the way you was looking at her," Marcus co-signed. "And how you jumped to save her ass at Waffle House the other day." They both stood there howling with laughter.

I started to blush and walked away. I was rounding the corner when I bumped into someone. Papers went flying everywhere and books slammed violently to the ground. I looked up and saw Hope. She looked annoyed and rolled her eyes.

"Sorry," I said nervously as I bent down to pick up her books.

She mumbled something and stooped down to pick up her book. We both reached out to pick up her World Studies book when our fingertips touched. A spark stronger than any lighting bolt set off between us. I jerked my hand away and looked up to see her suppressing a smile. 

"Thanks," she said while standing up. 

"No problem," I replied. 

"Well, umm, see you around I guess..." she turned and started walking away.

"Wait!" I grabbed her arm. "Can I umm, have your number?"

"Lemme think bout that," she said.

Of course, she would swerve me. She knew she wanted me though. I could see it in her eyes. When was she just gonna cut the bad girl act and just be nice for once?Why she always turning down niggas like it's her job or something?

"Look, you either give it to me or you don't. I ain't one of those niggas that be on their knees beggin for your number and sh*t," I snapped.

"Boy, you better watch who you talking to before I pop you in ya f-ckin neck," she snapped back.

"Smchh," I sucked my teeth. "I don't even know why I'm waisting my time on your ass anyways."

"Ain't nobody asked you to!" she yelled. "There's plenty more niggas where YOU came from!" 

I shook my head as I walked away. Yeah, there were plenty more niggas alright but I was the only one who seemed to genuinely care about her and not set my mind on trynna open them fineass legs. (Although I wouldn't mind being able to ;]) Hope Gonzalez was just to stubborn to give guys like me a chance. And until she does, I won't be f-ckin with her ass no more.

************************************************************************************************************

*Hope's POV:

I walked into school and as usual, all eyes were on me. I picked out a basic fit for today. My tribal print t-shirt and some shorts with my new black Grape 5's. It wasn't anything special, but you already know people at my school can't keep their eyes off me.

I looked across the hallways and saw Xavi's eyes glued to my body. He caught me looking so I turned my head and started talking to Brooklyn.

"Aye Hope!" Marcus called out to me. Oh Lord, what could this nigga possibly want?

I saw Xavi leap over and smack his hand over Marcus's mouth. He whispered something in Marcus's ear then turned and smiled at me. The hell? Creeps.....

I turned my head and continued walking to class.

"Ooooo girl,"  Brooklyn teased. " Is saw that boy staring you up and down like you was a piece of meat."

"Well that is how they treat me. That's why I don't f-ck around with their childish asses."

"But I peeped you staring too. You looking like you want a lil piece of that fine caramel man candy!" she laughed.

"Girl, shutup," I said laughing. "Ain't nothing going on between me and Xavi. Never will be either." 

"And you know his name too?! Oooo, soon, you'll be gettin the D!" We both bursted out laughing.

"No boo, it is NOT that serious," I laughed.

"Whatever man," Brooklyn replied. "You know you want it." She started singing Blurred Lines. "You know you want it. You know you want it..." she sang as she danced down the hallway.

Shaking my head, I started heading towards class. I was walking around the corner when someone rushed into me and my books flew out my hands.

I don't know who it was I bumped into but I was ready to start kirkin on they ass. Who they think they are bumping into ME?!

As soon as I was about to open my mouth, I looked up and saw Xavi's face looking as red as a firetruck.

"Sorry," he said bending down to pick up my books.

"It had to be you, I mumbled. I  started to pick up my books.

I reached out to pick up my World Studies book when he stretched out yo pick it up. Our fingertips brushed against each other and a tingling sensation went throughout my body. I snatched my hand away and tried hiding the smile that was creeping up on my face.

"Thanks," I said standing up.

"No problem," he replied.

"Well um, see you around I guess." It was already awkward between us so I just decided to leave before things got more uncomfortable.

I was walking away when I felt his hand grab my arm. "Wait!" he said. "Can I umm have your number?"

I had no problem giving it to him but I'm the type of person that likes to play hard to get. These boys out here gon have to WORK to earn THIS... if they ever do.

"Lemme think bout that," I responded.

"Look," he started. "You either give it to me or you don't. I ain't one of those niggas that be on their knees begging for your number and sh*t."

Oh naww, who the HELL does he think he talkin to like that? I look around to see if there's anyone else in the hallway. Not a soul was around.

"Boy, you better watch who you talking to before I pop you in ya f-ckin neck," I snapped. 

"Smchh," he sucked his teeth. "I don't even know why I'm waisting my time on your ass anyways."

"Ain't nobody asked you to!" I yelled. "there's plenty more niggas where YOU came from!"

Damn right there was. I didn't need Xavi. He THOUGHT he could talk to me like I'm one of them lil trashy hoes that I see lining the hallways everyday. Smch, I ain't for the half of it. If he wanted me, he was gonna have to treat me with the utmost respect. Until he does, he can get to steppin before I step my foot in his throat. Nigga better watch who he f-ckin with...

************************************************************************************************************

~Lunchtime~

I can't wait til my date with DeMarco tonight. Well, technically, it's not date. It's just, you know, us coolin together. We just going to see the basketball game and come home. No kissing, no hugging, no touching, none of that. 

I still gotta find something to wear. It has to be something cute and casual but not too tomboyish. I still wanted DeMarco to know I have a girly side.

"Hey girl," Brooklyn said interrupting my thoughts. She sat down with a big ass tray of food. She had fries, a burger, a milkshake, a drink, pizza, and a bowl of fruit. Where Brooklyn's stomach ended is what I'm still trying to figure out. 

"Girl, you eatin like the apocalypse starting tomorrow." I laughed.

"And what if it does?" she replied with a mouthful of fries.

I shook my head. "Girl, you too much sometimes."

"But you still luhh me doeee!" she said. "Anyways, what time should I pick you up tonight?"

"Tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah, you still coming with me to see The Purge right?" she asked.

Oh snap! I was supposed to go to the Bulls game with DeMarco tonight! I completely forgot about my plans with Brooklyn.

"Crap! Umm, about that..." I started.

"You can't go huh?" Brooklyn said.

"I'm SO sorry! It's just that I already made plans with a friend and I COMPLETELY forgot and it's too late to cancel because it's REALLY important and-"

"No, it's fine," Brooklyn smiled. "Don't worry, you still my homegirl."

"Still....you know what? I'll make it up to you," I said.

"Trust me, it's okay," Brooklyn said.

I felt terrible about canceling on Brooklyn. What made it worse was that I ditched her to go out with her stupid ex. I couldn't cancel on him. He already had the tickets. Besides, I knew Brooklyn would understand. Him? Probably not.

************************************************************************************************************

~That Evening~

I had two hours until DeMarco was supposed to pick me up. That gave me enough time to get dressed and look all cute (not that I have to try).

I finally picked out a decent outfit for the night. My autographed Derrick Rose jersey, black denim shorts, and my Juicy Couture sandals. My hair spiraled into tiny curls that sat perfectly on my shoulders. I had to admit, I. Looked. Good.

"Ooooo, work bewwwwwww! Yaassssssss! Yaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssss!" I said to myself in the mirror. Yes, I have my ratchet moments. Who doesn't?

"Ding-dong!" my doorbell sang.

I took my time before walking downstairs to the door. I didn't want to seem eager.

I opened the door and saw DeMarco's fineass standing on my steps holding a huge bag of Jolly Ranchers.

"You remembered?!" I gasped.

"Of course I did. How could I forget?" he laughed.

Jolly Ranchers were my favoriteeeeee candy. I loved them more than anything else. Everyone knew that about me. Don't play around with me and my jolly ranchers.

When we got to the car, DeMarco surprised me by opening the door for me. 

"And you a gentleman too? Hmmm," I smiled.

"I try to be," he laughed.

The radio was turned down low but I could still hear it. No new friends was playing.

"Ayeee, this my song!" I said turning it up.

"No new friends! No new friends! No new friends, no no no!" me and DeMarco sang down the highway. I swear, people was muggin us like crazy. They hatin cause they don't live the good life like us. It sure as hell wasn't my problem.

When we arrive to the stadium, it was PACKED. I swear, the whole state was there. Almost everyone had on a Bulls jersey. Ayeee, "f-ck Lebron and his hairline," I thought as I mean mugged some kid passing by with a Heat jersey on.

"You hungry?" DeMarco asked struggling to maneuver through the thick crowd.

"Nahh, let's go find our seats. This crowd giving me a headache." I said.

We finally managed to find our seats after like twenty minutes of sitting in the hot, sweaty crowd. I don't do crowds. I'm claustrophobic and I don't like people rubbing and bumping all up on me, especially when I don't even know who they are.

"You already know Heat winning tonight," DeMarco said sitting down.

"Boyyyyy, you MUST be crazy. It's all bout them Bulls. Whoop-WHOOOP!" I hollered.

"Ardd, how bout this," he said. "If Bulls lose, you owe me a kiss."

"Whoa, whoa whoa, whoa, whoa!" I said. "And if they win?"

"Then, do whatever you want... but just know, if we win, I'm getting that kiss."

"You ain't gonna touch these lips cause I'm sure as hell, we gonna win!" I said.

"Okayy...." he smiled.

The game was good. Joakim Noah and Jimmy Butler were putting in work!  Dropping buckets out there. Heat played alright too. Lebron and Dwayne Wade were out there scoring threes. But Bulls ended up taking the W with a score of 122-76! I know my team, and they ain't come tonight to lose!

"In your face nigga! I told you we would win!" I said in DeMarco's face.

"Alright, alright, alright!" he laughed. "Congratulations."

"Awww, it's okayy. Maybe, next team they play will go a little easier on them," I made the puppy dog face and tried to cheer him up.

"Aye, come here," he said pulling me out a door.

We were in the middle of a dark, dirty alley.

"The f-ck we out here for?" I asked.

"I ain't wanna deal with crowds at the moment and I kind of wanted some alone time with you," he responded.

"I swear, if some big ugly creature comes flying out at me, I'm gon run away and IF you still alive after, I'm gon karate chop your ass!" I said.

"Why don't you karate chop the 'creature' then?" he laughed. "Besides, I'll make sure to protect you." He put his arm around me. "So, what you gonna do now that your team won?"

"Hmmmm, I don't know but I'll think of something..." I said.

" So I don't get my kiss?" he asked.

"Nahh, you gotta earn the good stuff homie. Not just anybody gon have the privilege of these lips."

This alley was giving me hella creeps. I swear, I heard all kinds of noises. I snuggled deeper into DeMarco's arms. They felt like a big shield protecting me from the danger we were walking in.

"Hope," he said. We stopped in the middle of the alley.

"All of seventh grade, you were the focus of my life. I woke up every morning, and the first thing on my mind was you. I dreamed of being your one and only, and being the one you count on to protect you. All year.....I dreamed of doing... this."

Instantly, I felt his lips crash into mine. They were warm, soft, and absolutely perfect. The kiss felt so wrong on SO many levels, yet so....right. I kissed him back and honestly, in that moment, all my worries were gone. Me and DeMarco actually felt right for each other.

It had been 30 seconds, I saw an image of Brooklyn pop up into my brain.

I immediately broke away from the kiss and felt dirty and disgusted with myself. 

"What's wrong?" asked DeMarco.

"I'm sorry, but that wasn't supposed to happen. You're my best friend's EX! Why the hell am I kissing YOU?!"

"Well, you did kiss me back..." he started.

"STILL!" I said on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry, DeMarco, but I got to go." I ran out of the alley.

"Wait, I can still take you home!" he yelled after me. 

"I can take a cab!" I yelled back.

I cried in the car all the way home. I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss and how amazing his lips felt on mine. If I could go back to that moment, I would in an instant, but I can't. It's not right. When that picture of Brooklyn popped up into my head, my stomach turned around in my stomach. How could I do that to her? What kind of friend was I? 

I got home, took my shower, then went straight to sleep. I needed to sleep all this pain and sadness away. DeMarco and Brooklyn kept appearing in my dreams. It was a beautiful nightmare. I wish I could just run away to escape it all.

I needed somebody to release all this pain and anxiety to because if I don't soon, all hell will break loose.

************************************************************************************************************

*A/N: 

-SHOULD HOPE TELL BROOKLYN THE REAL REASON WHY SHE COULDN'T GO TO THE MOVIES?

-SHOULD SHE TELL BROOKLYN WHAT HAPPENED?

-WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT?

(Sound off in the comments below) :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 9K 37
What is so special about relationships anyway? Why do smart females always fall for the thug? Ask Azalea. Time after time she keeps telling herself t...
37.6K 959 22
Taylor might be seen by others as the girl with the perfect life.Shes rich,popular,sexy and chilled.But to Taylor,her life is wrecked.The pain she us...
1.4K 86 42
✨️Diamond is in an Abusive relationship with Jacques. She feels like her life is over but there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. ✨️Jacques...
Trade By Lex

Romance

1.6M 50.8K 35
Aaron Turner had come to terms with his bisexuality at the age of fifteen. His first real relationship was with the man he'd always wanted and it was...