Nursing The Bad Boy (Complete...

De dreamsswim28

He hissed as the alcohol touched his bleeding wound and he grabbed my hand. His touch ignited a flame and I k... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20--Bonds Made--
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28--Friends--
Part 29--Once and for All--
Part 30--Painless Nights and Ruining Lives--
Part 31--River of Tears--
Part 32--Unspoken Words--
Part 33--Not Over Yet--
Part 34--Something Unexpected--
Part 35--Epilogue--
--Sequel Time--
Sequel!

Part 21

66.3K 2.6K 1.2K
De dreamsswim28

Breathe Gemma, breathe. He's just another specimen on the face of this earth, there is nothing special about him, you shouldn't care about him. In fact, he should bother you in no way possible because he is just another living organism. Okay....That is the biggest lie I have ever told. 

Wyatt and I sat next to one another in the back seat of my father's car. Rosaline and dad didn't tell us where we were going or when we would be back, but Wyatt and I hadn't asked any questions. It took me the utmost effort not to speak to Wyatt, but I didn't want to give in. 

Within minutes we had reached the restaurant. It seemed fancy, with lights illuminating the outside of the restaurant and parking that stretched almost a block.  I was a simple person, so I wasn't a fan of such restaurant, but I appreciated the effort. 

Wyatt and  my dad slipped out of the car and Rosaline turned to me. "Try to let go tonight, love."  

Her advice didn't sink in until Wyatt opened my door and looked at me for the first time in two days. His eyes didn't hold the same darkness, in fact he looked at ease and that made me smile. Wyatt smiled back at me and it gave me a sense of comfort. 

"Ready, beautiful?" Wyatt asked leaning down and putting his hand out to me. 

He was a dream. A dream that was too good to be true. But we only live once right? So although there will be problems and not all good things last, we should make the best of it. So I decided to. "Yes, handsome." And with that I placed my hand in his. 

Wyatt gently pulled me out of the car and he intertwined his fingers in mines. "You look very beautiful." 

I tried to hide my smile, but the more I tried, the harder it became. "Thank you." 

Rosaline and my father dazed at us and smiled, but looked away quickly when we caught there gaze. "We'll meet you inside." Called my father as he turned and started walking away. 

I awkwardly looked up at Wyatt and he smiled again, "Let's go." He spoke quietly. 

Wyatt and I walked hand in hand inside the restaurant but before we stepped inside, I pulled Wyatt back. He looked taken aback but stepped aside regardless. "I'm sorry..." I sighed, looking down. It had been killing me not to speak to him and if I had to be the bigger person and apologize for not responding to his confession, then I would. 

Wyatt looked at me intently and without expression. "You shouldn't be apologizing." Wyatt mumbled. 

I shook my head. "Wyatt, I'm not apologizing because I did something wrong. I know I didn't because that's just how I am. I'm apologizing because...." I trailed off, thinking about what I was about to say. 

"Because...." Wyatt encouraged. 

"Because...I value our conversations more than I value my ego and it hurt not to talk to you....Oh god, you probably think I'm just being cheesy and weird-" I shook my head as soon as I spoke the words. What was I thinking? Being honest lifts a weight off of me, but afterwards it makes me feel stupid. 

Wyatt chuckled throatily and grabbed my hand. He pulled me close and whispered. "I missed you too, pumpkin." 

My stomach was going to explode because of the butterflies. It was a weird analysis but that's just how I felt. "Let's go inside," I chuckled and let go of his hand. In that moment, I didn't know what to say to Wyatt, he was being so sweet and I didn't want to ruin it with my awkwardness so I just ended it and turned around swiftly, I was happy that we had made up though.  

Wyatt nodded and followed me in. Rosaline and Dad had already went inside, and I didn't know what to say to Wyatt, right there and then. I'm glad he caught onto what I was trying to say, without me having to say it. The restaurant was beautiful and dimly lit, with ancient paintings covering the walls and dark wooden tables scattered throughout the large area. Wyatt reached our table before me and came around to pull out my chair for me. 

I smiled at him kindly and looked up to meet his gaze. "Thanks." 

"No problem, pumpkin." He winked. I felt the heat rush onto my face and what  made things worse was that my dad and Rosaline bore their eyes into my soul. 

I sat in between my father and Rosaline, Wyatt sat across from me and smirked at me as he sat down. Soon enough, we had ordered and even finished dinner. Throughout the night, we made small talk about Wyatt and his family and how I had been doing, dad didn't touch on the "mom" topic, nor did Rosaline, for which I was grateful. Considering that we had just made up only yesterday and today, things were still tense and it was felt, but I didn't say anything and no one else did either, but I knew everyone thought it. 

All in all, it was a nice dinner. We were all waiting for the check, and Rosaline was about to whisper something to me when I felt something softly touching my leg. My instant reaction was to look at Wyatt and low and behold, he was smirking at me again. I realized that what was touching my leg, was his extended leg. Holding my gaze, Wyatt extended both his legs, so that ours were touching. I felt a wave of heat and swallowed hard. The smile spreading to my lips started to become uncontrollable and I didn't know how I could possibly hide it. 

Rosaline suddenly stood up and as did my father. "Okay, let's go" She sighed. I looked over at Wyatt but his gaze hadn't moved from mine's. He pulled at my leg, but I looked away trying to hide my blush. 

"Um, yah. Let's go." I choked out. 

We left the restaurant swiftly. Rosaline and dad walked hand in hand, in front of Wyatt and I. I was looking around at the trees moving in the breeze, when I felt my cold hand being taken into a warm one. I didn't have to turn around to see who it was, so I just intertwined my fingers with his and walked comfortably back to our car. 

As Rosaline and dad were about to get in, Wyatt spoke. "Uh, Mr and Mrs. Reynolds, Gemma and I just thought we'd stay out for a little longer, is that alright?" 

My head whipped and I turned to Wyatt curiously. It was funny that he remembered things that I don't even recall saying. "Yes, of course." My father smiled at both of us. 

Rosaline smiled at me and winked before she got into the car and before I knew it, I stood beside Wyatt staring at an empty parking spot. "I don't remember saying anything." I spoke, still staring at the parking spot, but smiling now. 

Wyatt slipped his fingers out of mine and turned to me. "You didn't have to, I can read minds." 

I turned to him and was met with his devious smirk. "Oh can you now?" I raised my eyebrows. "I don't recall you telling me that." 

Wyatt stepped closer and I could feel his minty fresh breathe fan my lips. "I told you before, pumpkin. There's a lot you don't know about me." 

I bore my eyes into his eyes, trying not to let my gaze fall to examine his face, because um, that would be weird and probably make me twin with the fire hydrant in the west parking lot of the restaurant. "Name another one." 

Wyatt's serious look suddenly transformed into a smile. "Hmm, let's see..." He pretended to think. "I can sing?" He laughed nervously. 

I stumbled back slightly so I could look at Wyatt properly. "Really? I think that's cool." I spoke as I turned on my heel and started to walk towards the sidewalk. 

"Do you?" Wyatt asked interestingly, as he followed me.  

"I do," I nodded in affirmation. I think that someone who has a talent like singing dancing or anything artsy is to be appreciated, it's not very often you meet someone like that. Especially me, I can only sing a little. However, in all honesty, I just wanted to hear the bad boy sing.

"Well then..." Wyatt trailed off and for a few moments we both walked in silence. My eyes wandered to my feet and I unconsciously started counting my steps and trying to keep in sync with Wyatt. 

"She's watching the taxi driver, he pulls away. She's been locked up inside her apartment a hundred days" Wyatt mumbled, melodiously. 

I looked up at Wyatt but his gaze remained stuck in the distance and he didn't look at me, but a silly little smile was planted on his lips. 

"She says, 'Yeah, he's still coming, just a little bit late.He got stuck at the laundromat washing his cape.' She's just watching the clouds roll by and they spell her name. Like Lois Lane" Wyatt looked at me and his deep blue eyes smiled genuinely, I smiled back in awe "And she smiles, oh the way she smiles

My heart beat quickened and I continued singing while a laugh played at my throat. "She's talking to angels, Counting the stars, Making a wish on a passing car, She's dancing with strangers, Falling apart -" 

" Waiting for Superman to pick her up, In his arms, yeah, in his arms, yeah Waiting for Superman."  Wyatt grabbed my arm and pulled me in close, whispering the lyrics to me. 

I gasped at his closeness, but tried to brush it off by slipping out of his grip and running away. I felt free and truly happy, so I continued to sink. " She's out on the corner trying to catch a glimpse, Nothing's making sense. She's been chasing an answer, a sign lost in the abyss, This Metropolis"  

Wyatt ran after me laughing. "She says, 'Yeah, he's still coming, just a little bit late. He got stuck at the Five and Dime saving the day.' She says, 'If life was a movie, then it wouldn't end like this, Left without a kiss.' Still, she smiles, oh, the way she smiles, yeah "  

"She's talking to angels,Counting the stars, Making a wish on a passing car, She's dancing with strangers, She's falling apart-" I ran faster so Wyatt wouldn't be able to catch up to me, but it was too late and before I knew it, his arms wrapped around my waist and he picked me up and twirled me around. I couldn't stop my laughter and Wyatt continued to sing.

"Waiting for Superman to pick her up. In his arms, yeah, in his arms, yeah. She's waiting for Superman..."   Wyatt put me down and both of us laughed at the top of our lungs. We were both breathless and totally and completely free. For a second, it felt like all of our troubles had vanished. We were our true selves, we were what we wanted to be in this moment. And this moment was perfect. 

Our laughter faded slowly and our gazes met. Another breeze blew by, but nothing could take my gaze off of Wyatt's and he didn't flinch either. He was breathing deeply and so was I. Wyatt was hesitant but he took a step closer, closing the gap in between us. At this point, all I could hear was my heart beating so loudly I felt that I would go deaf. My stomach was full of butterflies and I felt like a teenage girl. 

"Gemma..." Wyatt whispered, as his gaze made it's way down to my lips. 

I was too scared to respond. My eyes traveled down to his lips too and I let out a shaky breath. He was so close and I knew what would happen if I didn't move, but I still didn't. I stood in the middle of that sidewalk with Wyatt, no cars flew by and no one could interrupt us. But I was terrified. 

"Tell me to stop, and I will." Wyatt whispered. 

He bent his head down and moved in closer, slowly his lips grazed mine. He was teasing me and it was working. A shiver went down my spine and I was shaking in nervousness. Wyatt's eyes closed and so did mine. His lips officially met mine and we both relaxed. Wyatt's arms slipped around my waist and my arms snaked around his neck. Wyatt kissed me slowly, like he was being cautious and asking for permission. I could feel that he still wasn't sure that I was allowing him to kiss me. My thoughts were rapid and I was going to relax into the kiss, when I heard a piercing sound. 

My eyes opened quickly and Wyatt's lips stopped moving against mine. His eyes went wide and his lips slowly detached from mine. Before I could take in the sight before me or stop what was happening from happening in the first place, it was way too late. Wyatt's body went limp and he collapsed onto the ground, I realized then that the sound I heard was a gunshot and that Wyatt had just been shot.

(A/N: Writing this chapter was insane. I could feel the intensity. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I appreciate all your love and thank you all soooooo very much the support. Stay wonderful :) <3 And I promise I will update soon, even I want to know what happens next ;)  Oh and the song that Wyatt and Gemma are singing in this chapter is "Waiting for Superman" by Daughtry, one of my favourites  <3

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

10.9K 146 44
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
1.5K 106 13
He watched as her eyes skimmed over his dark eyes and black hair with barely a reaction. He felt his pride twinge a bit so he went further. Lifting h...
4.9K 132 19
𝟏𝟖+| I was said to be 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. I had heard it so much...
If Only You Knew De ❥ ᴀsʜ

Ficção Adolescente

208K 8.1K 29
"Why can't you just tell me what's wrong" he whispered, getting quieter than before and cupped my face in his hands. With every passing day we grow...