Recklessly (Divergent Fanfic)...

By caelesjjk

"She holds matches recklessly in her hands." Faction. It's what defines you. The world is not the same anymor... More

Chapter 1 - Sweet Goodbyes
Chapter 2-Not So Free, Afterall.
Chapter 3 - Now, Initiate.
Chapter 4 - Get Up
Chapter 5 - Be Brave
Chapter 6 - Just Breathe
Chapter 7 - Fight For Your Life
Chapter 8 - Heart Against the Mind
Chapter 9 - Suffering
Chapter 10 - The Punisher
Chapter 11 - I Wont Tell A Soul
Chapter 12 - Stay Strong
Chapter 13 - The Line That Defines
Chapter 14 - Please Stay
Chapter 15 - Mentally Drained
Chapter 16 - Constant Star
Chapter 17 - Beautiful Disaster
Chapter 18 - Love and War
Chapter 19 - Irrevocable
Chapter 20 - Heartfelt
Chapter 21 - Practice
Chapter 22 - I Spy
Chapter 23 - Fugitives
Chapter 24 - Candor
Chapter 25 - Everything
Chapter 26 - Surprise
Chapter 27 - The Unknown
Chapter 28 - Gone
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 30 - Escape
Chapter 31 - When All Hope Is Gone
Chapter 32 - Instant Regret
NOT AN UPDATE AGAIN
Chapter 33 - Enlighten Me
DONT KILL ME, NOT an UPDATE
Chapter 34 - Kiss Me, Initiate.
Chapter 35 - Something To Fight For
SNEAK PEEK of SEQUEL
ENDLESSLY
100,000 reads
ANNOUNCEMENT
Actually...
Sorry Everyone

Chapter 29 - Rescue

5.2K 107 9
By caelesjjk

Guys, I'm horrible at updating in a timely fashion. And to be honest, I'm ready to get to the ending of this story. There's probably going to be 35 chapters in this book. Would anyone even be interested in a sequel? I have a few ideas for it.

And just thank you guys so much for reading, this is up to 11,000 reads and that's just amazing to me.

Eric

I didn't get far. Maybe a few miles down the road before I stopped and started pacing back and forth.

Why did she have to be so damn stubborn? So damn selfless? And why did i have to leave? Why couldn't I put my own past aside and stay to protect her?

Zachariah has probably already imprisoned them. He wants me because he wants my leadership influence with Dauntless. What he isn't understanding however, is that my influence will do him no good anymore. I left Dauntless for the girl that I love, the one I so stupidly left with my psychotic father.

I bang my fists against the hard brick walls of the alleyway I wondered into. Kicking over any trash cans and boxes I can get close to. I shouldn't of left. What if he's hurt her?

That thought makes me physically sick, and the answer to my own question is quickly answered. I have to go back. I have to go back and drag Corrine out of there myself if I have to.

I start loading the gun that I had strapped to my back and walking with my eyes down to the ground, not expecting anyone else to be in this area. When I come around the corner of the next street, someone runs right into me.

"Eric! Thank god! You have to come back with us.." Finn starts.

"Where is she? Where's Corrine?" Panic sets in.

"He has her. Zachariah and the toothless guard. They grabbed her when we tried to get out. She wouldn't let me help her.."

"Of course she didn't. Why would she ever think of herself in that situation?" I say sarcastically, finishing loading the gun.

"We are going back with you." Marie says.

"No. No way in hell are you coming back with me. Get back on the train and take it to the fence." I demand.

"She's my sister, Eric. I'm coming with you." Finn grabs the hand gun from the holster on his hip and stands next to me.

"You'll only slow me down. I want her to be alive when we get to her." I tell him sternly.

"Then why are you still arguing with us? Let's go!" Finn shouts at me.

"Is that an order, initiate?" I look at him with a serious face, waiting for his reaction. Finn is a good soldier, he may have been one of he best of he had stayed with Dauntless.

"Damn right." He says, puffing out his chest. I can't help but smirk.

"All right then, let's go." I nod and we all start jogging back towards the Factionless headquarters.

************ ************* ****************

When we reach the outside of the headquarters, we quickly duck down at the tree line. It isn't a lot of cover, but it's better than trying to make a plan out in the open.

"You understand that you may not come out of this alive, correct?" I ask my former initiates. The all nod in understanding.

"They had to of taken her upstairs. We can split up." Ricky says.

"Fine, you two go in first, take out as many guards as you can so that Finn and I can get upstairs. Understood?" I push myself up to stand straight as we head towards the building.

Bullets begin flying towards us almost immediately. Of course Zachariah knew I would come back for her. This was his plan all along.

We are able to take out enough of he guards outside to get to the door. I use the bottom of the gun to break open the lock on the door.

"Shit." I hear Ricky say beside me.

"What is it?" I say. When I turn to look at him I can see a bullet wound through his shoulder. Dammit.

I grab the sleeve of my long black shirt and rip it off. Wrapping it around his arm a few times, enough to stop its bleeding for now.

"Can you still shoot?" I ask.

"Yeah, thanks man. Really." He hold his gun up weakly, but k can worry about him right now. My girl is inside this place, and I hope with everything I've got that she's still breathing. If he harmed one hair on her head, I'll kill him myself.

I lead them through the door, and signal for Marie and Ricky to go to the left, while Finn and I head right and towards the stairs. I can hear more billets being shot down the left side of the hall. I hope they make it out, but if not they died saving their friend who cared about them too much. She cares about them in a way I wish I knew how. But any ounce of love that I have belongs to her.

Finn and I swiftly make our way up the stairs, poking our heads into any room we come across with no luck.

Finally, up ahead, we are the toothless asshole and a few other guards. And lucky for us, they haven't spotted us yet. I signal to Finn that I'm going to take a shot, and he nods.

I discreetly poke the gun around the corner, barely putting my head around and aiming at one of the guards near the door. I pull the trigger, hitting him with a bullet in the neck, his lifeless body falling against the hard tile floor with a thump.

"They're in here!" Toothless shouts. He grabs his gun and they all start firing in our direction.

"I'll cover you, let's go!" I shout to Finn. Without hesitation he comes out of the corner and fires on the guards, hitting the other two and taking them down with ease.

I push my way passed him, ducking in a door way when toothless opens fire, he's the only thing left between me and Corrine and I plan to kill him slowly. I listen, and hear him reloading, taking my chance to open fire on him now, Finn right behind me, his back to mine as he watches the hallway for more.

I come up on toothless while he is still trying to reload the gun. I swing my leg around and kick the gun from his hand and kicking it across the floor and out of his reach.

"Fight me like a man, Dauntless." Toothless says, raising his fists. I will rip this man limb from limb.

"You got it." I place my gun on the floor and step towards him.

His right fist collides with my jaw, knocking me back a bit, but I only pop my jaw and step back towards him again. This time, I grab the back of his head and slam his face down into my knee, his nose instantly fishing with blood. He growls and lunges at me, spearing me to the floor as he knees my stomach and throws quick punches to my ribs.

I'm finally able to grab his wrists and push him off of me. I can see Finn out of the corner of my eye trying to figure out a way to open the door. In my distraction, I don't see toothless get up and grab some object off the floor, he swings it and hits me over the back of my head, causing me to fall forward, knocking the wind from my chest.

I scramble around, my eye sight blurry, looking for my gun or something to hit him with, but he's already shoving his foot down on my back, pushing me to the floor again, the cold metal of a gun pressing to the back of my skull.

"Sit up on your knees." He says through gritted teeth. I put my hands up and slowly slide to my knees.

"Now, say goodbye asshole." He clicks the bullet into place.

Corrine runs through my mind. The first time I saw her. The first time I kissed her. She never thought I was the monster that I truly am. She is everything that I'm not. The most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on. I love her. Every inch of her. To the depths of my soul, I love her.

"Goodbye, asshole." I raspy, almost heavenly voice says behind me. And then the sound of a gun going off loudly booms through my ears. I hear the body skunk against the floor before I turn around to look at a sight a dreamed I'd see again.

"Corrine." Is all I say, before shooting up on my feet and rushing over to her. I grab her in my arms and crush her body to mine, I feel her wince and drop the gun to the floor, but she doesn't pull away.

"You shouldn't of come back." She whispers into my neck.

"I shouldn't of left you. I'm so sorry, baby." I pull back to look at her. Her face is bruised and her lip is busted. I can feel rage burning inside me again.

"I'm okay. I swear." She touches my face with her soft hands, but I can't stop my quick, angry breathing. "I love you." She says softly. Tears welling up in her eyes.

"I love you, so much." I pull her against me again, this time attaching my lips to hers. I brush them softly, knowing the cut on her lip must be sore and achy.

"We need to move." Finn says behind us.

Corrine and I share one last look, before I grab her hand and the three of us rush down the hallway.

I can't and won't lose this girl again.

And Zachariah should learn to sleep with his eyes open.

A/N: yes, I used that one line from the movie. It fit there too perfectly. Hope you enjoyed. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 718 23
Sequel to Initiate Sasha is still in hiding at Amity, regretting the choice that took her there, she thinks she was a coward, running away from the...
211K 4.1K 42
Being an Abnegation transfer to Dauntless is in no way easy. Being the sister of the flawless prodigy is harder. But sleeping with your brother's ene...
780K 10.9K 36
Melody Eaton is leaving the life of abnegation and her father Marcus behind to start a new better life in Dauntless hopefully with her older brother...
304K 6.4K 35
She has always held the world in her hands. Especially when it comes to Dauntless and everything and everyone in it. She's entitled to it, or so she...