The Paid Girlfriend

By typokween

Sabrina Welsh was just a simple waitress when Liam Collins walked into her life. He wanted her but she was to... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty - Epilogue

The Paid Girlfriend

1M 7.5K 2.2K
By typokween

A/N: chapter 8 is private so you'll have to follow me to read it. Sorry c: it's not my fault. I guess Wattpad thought it was a wee bit too much lol. Also, you may have to wait a little while for it to work. The link's in my message board if that helps as well <3

Chapter One

"Oh la, la, hottie at twelve o'clock," Devon whispered under his breath, grabbing a menu for the customer. "Wish me luck sweetness."

I rolled my eyes as he practically skipped away, too focused on trying not to make a mess of refilling the salt shakers to look up. I've worked for Mel's Diner for half a year now and already my coworkers were like family to me. Devon was full-on, flamboyantly gay and was so proud he wore it like a second skin. Too bad his parents didn't share that feeling. They disowned him and now he was saving every penny like it was his last.

"Ugh, he's married," Devon muttered solemnly, stomping back, giving the cook his order ticket.

"Poor Devy," Tonya cooed mockingly, reaching over to ruffle his black hair. He slapped it away, grabbing a glass and filling it with sweet tea.

"Whatevs, I wouldn't have had time for him anyways," Devon muttered, poking his bottom lip out sulkingly.

I screwed the top on the last salt shaker and pushed it into the little wired basket before brushing my hands off against my apron. "It'll be alright Dev. You deserve happiness," I said reassuringly, reaching over to squeeze his shoulder before he shuffled away.

"He needs to give up already on the Cinderella fantasy he has going on. No one's going to come in here, sweep him off his feet and give him everything his little heart desires," Tonya muttered, wiping down the counter, wisps of blond hair falling in her face.

"Tonya," I scowled her. "That's mean."

She rolled her green eyes. "Sab, you can't honestly say you're not tired of hearing Dev whine about every straight or married guy that walks in here."

I rolled my eyes. "Devon's going through a tough time. He needs us."

She huffed but said nothing else. It was just the three of us for tonigt, plus the cook for the night, Jimmy. We were just forty minutes until closing time and I just prayed no one else came in.

Devon came back with his hands full of his last costumers' tip and a tub full of dirty dishes.

"I have to stick these in the dish washer, Cruella, do you mind giving table seven his order?" Devon asked Tonya.

"Sure, want me to spit in it?" Tonya snarked, grabbing the hot plate.

Devon snorted, "no thanks sugar, lord knows what disease you'll give him." With that he disappeared in the back.

I rolled my eyes. Tonya and Devon had the oddest relationship I've ever seen. It was like they loved to hate each other. One second they're whispering behind each other backs, calling each crude names, and the next second they're spitting in costumer's food for each other.

Tonya came back and asked if it was okay for her to leave early. I waved her away. She usually slacked off when the owner wasn't around. Devon's last costumer left, leaving a heavy tip and I told him it was cool if he left too. He'd lucked out and got a double shift so I knew his feet were killing him. With a kiss on my cheek and a thank you he skipped out of the diner.

I was wiping off the last remaining table when the bell ringed, singling that someone walked into the diner. I sighed disappointedly. Looks like I'm missing Scandle tonight. With a forced smile I turned around...

Only to jump back a foot.

I shrieked, dropping the rag on the ground and covering my heart as if to keep it from bursting from my chest. Jimmy busted out the kitchen, spatcula and greasy apron included.

"What's going on out here?" He demanded, his wild eyes landing on the man who scared the living hell out of me just a second ago. "What did you do?"

"Nothing," the mystery man sneered quietly, "I saw her and came up behind her but she turned around before I could announce my prescience."

I nodded my head in agreement. "Sorry Jimmy, everything's fine."

Jimmy narrowed his eyes but left.

I took a deep breath and grabbed the rag I dropped. "Sorry about that sir. Was there anything you needed?" I kept my eyes on the rag as I fidgeted, too embarrassed to look up.

He cleared his throat, "a coffee and a slice of pie, if that's not a problem."

"That's fine," I stuttered, taking a step to walk around him but he blocked me. I frowned, looking up at him in bewilderment before my face went slack.

God he's sexy.

I felt his blue eyes piercing through my soul as he stared me down with so much intensity I forgot to breath. His strong jaw, littered with a 5 o'clock shadow, was locked, his full lips pressed in a hard line. And his hair...I was shocked when I saw my hand reached out as if to see if his dark brown locks were as soft as they looked. I dropped my hand.

"E-excuse me," I squeaked, my cheeks warming up at the embarrassing sound.

He narrowed his eyes before moving a inch to the side, forcing my body to brush against his as I scurried behind the counter, grabbing the coffee pot and a couple of filters before starting a new batch. I rinsed off a mug and placed it in front of a stool as I ran towards the section where the pies were displayed. I hesitated. I'd forgotten to ask which one he wanted. I looked up to see him sitting in the stool, I'd rudely chosen for him, looking at me with amusement.

"Apple," he murmured, his smooth voice filling the silence in the empty diner.

I ducked my head and cut a healthy portion of it before sliding it on a small plate and sticking it in the microwave for a couple of seconds. In five minutes Mystery Man was scarfing day old pie in his mouth, rinsing it down with fresh, hot, black coffee.

"Sabrina, I'm out," Jimmy announced, peeking his head out to give me a wave. He eyed my last costumer. "You alright to lock up?" I nodded.

"Totally. See ya tomorrow," I called out softly, fidgeting with the hem of my apron. He nodded before disappearing behind the swing door.

"Sabrina." I jumped at the sound of name, spinning around to see Mystery Man staring at me. "Lovely name." I guess my face gave away my shock because he chuckled. "I suppose we got off on the wrong foot," he offered his hand as if he wanted to shake, "William Collins, but my friends call me Liam."

I reached out and wrapped my hand around his much larger one and squeezed. His smile grew as he squeezed back, his thumb brushing across the back of my whole hand before he dropped his. "Sabrina Welsh," I gasped, wishing my heart would stop pounding at the simple touch.

"Hello Ms. Sabrina Welsh, you're a very beautiful woman," he murmured, his eyes smoldering. My eyes widened at his bashful compliment. My face flushed as I wrung my hands.

"Uh, thanks," I stammered quietly.

"Are you about to close?" He asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

I nodded, grabbing his plate, but before I could pull back, his fingers wrapped around my boney wrists.

"God you're so fucking sexy," he'd breathed, his face moving closer to mine. "Go out with me," he groaned.

I gasped before nodding. His scent was so intoxicating. His eyes so hypnotizing, especially when they were smoldering.

"Kiss me," he growled, his eyes suddenly dark and wild with...with lust.

I couldn't get my lips on his fast enough.

His large hands released my wrists and framed my face, as if to keep me in place, as he ravished my mouth with his, forcing his tongue in my mouth and tangling it with mine. I dropped the plate, ignoring the loud sound it made as it fell on the counter. I tangled my fingers in his hair, pushing his face impossibly closer to my own as we panted each other breath.

Abruptly he pulled away, only to attack my neck with as much enthusiasm as my lips.

"L-Liam," I panted, my voice full of pleasure.

"You have no idea how much I like the sound of my name falling from your sweet lips," he groaned, pulling back so that I can see his face. His lips were shiny and swollen, his hair standing at all direction and his eyes hungry and wild. To put it blunt, he looked freshly fucked.

And I just met this man.

I dropped my hands and slipped from between his hands, frightened of the effect this stranger had of me. I'd never done anything so-so rash before.

"I-I think you need to get out. I m-mean it's closing time," I panted out.

Liam, if that's even his name, cocked his head to the side. "Of course love, if you'll just give me your number."

Right. Because I agreed to go out with him. A virtual stranger that could kidnap and murder me.

Stupid, stupid Sabrina.

"Right," I grabbed the pad I usual wrote orders on and wrote seven random numbers on it and handed it to him. Liam smirked.

"It's been a pleasure Ms. Welsh," he crooned, giving me that eye again before he spoon around in his leather shoes and clicked away.

I let myself stare at his ass one last time.

.-.-.-.-.-.

"Boo boo we need to go out, I'm getting tired of my own face."

"Maybe if your apartment wasn't made entirely of mirrors you wouldn't have to look at it," Tonya muttered.

"Sabrina, why are we three-waying with this skank? Mother Paula's more entertaining than her," Devon huffed.

Paula's another coworker of ours. She use to be a nun so everybody calls her Mother Paula for a poke of fun.

I held the phone between my shoulder and ear as I stirred the red gravy, making sure to keep it simmering instead of bubbling.

"Because we all love each other," I said patiently.

"No. We love you, Gayboy and I tolerate each other," Tonya corrected me, popcorn popping in the background.

"Bickering like old women is tolerating each other?" I scoffed, turning off the stove when the sauce was hot enough, holding the phone in my hand again.

"Take it or leave it short stuff," Devon sang.

"My ears are bleeding."

"Shut up Cruella."

"I'm hanging up," I announced, popping a cherry tomato in my mouth.

"Bye boo," Devon hung up.

"See ya princess," Tonya hung up.

I threw my cell phone on my hand-me-down couch and went to grab a plate. Someone knocking on my door stopped me from doing so.

I huffed in annoyance. I was hungry and just got back from working a ten hour shift.

"This better be an emergency," I grumbled as I swung my door open.

Did my jaw fall on the ground?

"L-Liam?" I gasped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

889 12 18
Dion Huxley, wealthy businessman and CEO of 2 successful companies had gotten the greatest revelation of his life, and it had been right under his no...
23.3M 804K 64
Alexander James is at the top of the food chain with his multi billion dollar company. Just the sound of his name makes men's blood boil in jealousy...
95.4K 2.8K 44
Quinn, a struggling young lawyer, is given a final chance to prove herself. But when her next client turns out to be her handsome billionaire bully f...
810K 27.6K 42
"I'm not beautiful." She told him, hoping that he would leave her alone. He stared at her incredulously and she watched as his dark eyebrows arched i...