Supernatural Drabble

By BringMeSupernatural

All of my future Supernatural one shots can now be found here. All of the one shots that have been posted bef... More

Stay Until the End
Heart Attack
Asylum
Behind Enemy Lines
Be Mine
The Bet
The Deal
Take Me Back
Wife Swap
Wrapped In Pink
Souls Are Chump Change
The Secret That Can Ruin It All
Candid
Take A Breath
Daylight
A Dozen Letters
Asylum Part 2
Keep Going
Hidden Feelings
Only Half
First Experience
Jailbait
Perfect Sacrifice
Fix Me
I Don't
Asylum Part 3

Visitation Hours

188 6 0
By BringMeSupernatural

Prompt: You seek out information on the Winchesters while they seek out information on you.

Pairing: Dean x Reader

Warnings: none

Words: 1564

A/N: Reader's a bit mean in this one, but it's not too bad. :/

You walked right by your table, ignoring the confused stares following you as you walked through the yard with confidence, your head held high, looking as if you belonged everywhere. After those brothers visited you yesterday, you knew you had to spend your yard time looking for answers to the questions you didn't ask. You hadn't heard your father's name in years, having thought you had gotten rid of him for good. And then in come two brothers to the place where you thought you were finally free of him.

"Hey, Jay." You walked up to the woman sitting at the corner table, where the more aggravated girls sit and plot out people's' deaths. You had steered clear of this table the day you arrived, having learned your listen when a different new girl had tried getting into it. But Jay was a fellow hunter, getting caught plotting a demon's death, plus the counts of murders she did with no time hiding the evidence. Jay had promised you favors since you were Bobby Singer's daughter, something you had to tell her to get in good with her. She owed Bobby on multiple accounts, thinking if she helps his one and only daughter that she'd be in the clear. Yet, you hadn't used her... not until now. "The bird fell out of the nest over by the guard's room. You should come check on it. Seems it needs a little... help."

The table, except Jay, released a synchronized laugh.

"If I was yous, I'd get outta here, Jailbait," Kris, the junkie with a temper, declared. Kris was a bit on the heavy side, but she didn't care. She showed it off, actually. "No ones wants your punk ass 'round here. Get. Shoo!"

"Man, JB, you got some nerve comin' up here. You know you don't belong on these parts of the yard." Lila, the thief with no remorse, snapped. "Get your little digits out of here before you pay the price."

"Yeah, JB! Gets your little digits outta here or else I'ma sends it back the ways you came, y'hear?" Kris chuckled and you rolled your eyes, shaking your head and crossing your arms over your chest.

"Y'know, Kris, I've heard many rumors going around that you got hit in the head so many times by your father that you forgot how to use correct grammar." You sent her a smile. "It's probably better that way, anyway. We wouldn't call you Kris Kringle if you didn't have parents that made you resort to eating to make you feel happy inside."

"That's it!"

"Whoa, whoa, alright!" Jay finally stood up, grabbing Kris's elbow and making her sit back down before she could do anything to you. "Y'all know not to mess with JB, the guards will be on us quicker than nats." Clicking her tongue, she escorted you away from the table, and away from Kris's meaningless glares. "What's wrong with you, Jailbait? You know not to mess with Kris's weight. She may own up to it, but-"

"I know," you declared, "but she really-"

"She pisses everyone off, alright? So, what's the situation?" She leaned against the fence once the two of you reached the side opposite her table, her shoulder against the gate, her arms crossing over her chest as she waited for you to answer her.

You, as well, leaned against the fence, but with your back, your hands tucked in your pockets. "What do you know about two brothers?" you asked. "One with long hair and the other one looking as if he's from a magazine cover."

"Oh." Jay chuckled a bit. "The Winchesters. How'd you get mixed up with them all the way in here?"

"I didn't get mixed up with them," you told her, turning your head in her direction. "They got mixed up with me."

---

Dean nervously played with his hands as he took a seat in the visitation area. He had really regretted wiping that officer's smug grin off his smug little face by flashing his FBI badge. Now, instead of placing him behind glass with a telephone as communication, Dean is now facing you in person, face to face, where he could touch you and you could touch him. If only he hadn't flashed the badge. If only.

"Ah, Agent." Dean's heart began thumping twice as fast at the sound of your voice greeting him. Your voice was much more soothing than when he was listening to it over a phone that was barely against his ear. "Long time no see. How's the brother?" You sat across from him, handcuffs making it awkward as you moved your hands forward, holding one out.

He accepted it, his hand engulfing yours. He melted into it, your skin warm and soft against his. He found himself wishing to touch the rest of you. He bit his lip briefly as he removed his hand from yours. "Brother's fine. Thanks for asking."

You smiled at him, a warming smile, and Dean had to look away to hide his blush. "That's nice. Really. I hope the two of you are living the life you had always dream of."

He looked back up to you, anger clearly written on his face. He clenched his jaw and crossed his hands on the table, getting down to business.  "Yeah. We are. Now, I'm here to go over this case." He slid a folder labeled 'confidential' towards you, refolding his hands. "Whoever's behind this is pretty damn good at hiding themselves. They'll kill someone behind locked doors, locked windows, steal their heart, and disappear as if they were never there. No sulfur, no ectoplasm. No evidence."

You squinted his eyes at him.

"Your fa-" He cleared his throat and pulled at his tie. "Bobby told us you had dealt with a case like this before. Said you could help us out, give us the answers we're looking for. That you know more about this specific creature than any other hunter out there."

"Yeah," you said, looking down at the pictures. They were perfect replicas of what you had encountered, but that was the thing. "I know exactly what you're looking for."

"Then what is it?" Dean pushed.

You looked back up at him, your eyes holding something that softened Dean's features. His hands unfolded themselves as he patiently waited for you to open your mouth, to say something. He could see that this was personal, that whoever it was had connected with you on a level he wouldn't understand. "It's... uh..." You cleared your throat as you looked back down at the pictures. You had planned to come in here and play the badass who had no care, not the broken little girl you remembered.

"Take your time, Y/N," Dean said softly, resting his hands gently over yours.

A small smile crawled onto your lips at his touch. "It's a..." You shook your head. "It's a umbra venator." You looked back up. "It's latin for Shadow Hunter. That's what he called himself. They use their shadows against people. They'll pose as someone's shadow and get them when they're behind locked doors and windows alone. They'll take what's most valuable to someone, no matter who they are."

"Their heart."

You nodded as tears pooled at the bottom of your eyes. "There's only one in existence. It didn't have enough to breed and make more. So I don't know how it formed, but it lived on making people miserable by taking their most valuable possession."

"Who is it, Y/N?" Dean asked softly. "Who are we looking for?"

"Visitation hours are now over," an officer called out. "I repeat, visitation hours are now over."

"Y/N?" Dean urged gently. "C'mon. You can tell me."

You sighed a shaky breath. "My ex fiance."

---

Dean had left, and you were being brought back to your cell. You could still feel the warmth Dean's hands had left behind, and you refused to let it go. Even as they called out for count. Even as they shut the lights off and shouted bed time. And, when you closed your eyes, Dean Winchester was the man behind them.

He made you powerless. And you loved it.

---

"That's impossible," Bobby muttered over the phone. "He...He can't be alive. I watched him die. I watched the man die in Y/N's arms."

"What can I say, Bobby?" Dean said. "It's what Y/N said."

Sam sighed as Bobby remained silent. "We'll have to go through Y/N's file.  Figure out what the guy's name is if Bobby's not going to help. We'll need to go back to the prison tomorrow and see if Y/N's willing to give up any more information. I'll go to the prison and-"

"I got it," Dean said, jumping to the gun. "Y/N's more familiar with me, now. After all, she did help out on this even though it hurt her."

Sam squinted his eyes at his older brother. "Okay..." He turned back to the phone. "Bobby, you still there? Are you going to give us a name or not?"

Bobby released a sigh. "His name... His name is Ace King."

"Thanks, Bobby." Sam then hung up, allowing Bobby to wrap his mind about what's happening. "I'll look into this Ace King, see what his pattern is. You can go back to the prison in the morning if you really want to and see if she's willing to give you more information one Ace."

Dean nodded as Sam walked away, a small smile forming on his face in victory. His heart quickened at the thought of seeing you again as his hands heated up from when he touched you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.1K 125
Dean Winchester x Reader one-shots,preferences!!!! I'll take request if you have one just send me a message or a comment and I'll do my best to get i...
537K 11.5K 76
Little stories about Sam x reader. Enjoy~ I don't own any of the characters or Supernatural. But all these stories are mine.
16.1K 168 31
just a bunch of reader × supernatural charecter oneshots! Will be including Sam and Dean. (If someone requests it, I'll do Cas too!) Mostly sam beca...
141K 2.6K 22
Here are some Supernatural Imagines. You can comment a request and I will try to write them. I will also write some of my own. I will try to upload a...