Nursing The Bad Boy (Complete...

By dreamsswim28

He hissed as the alcohol touched his bleeding wound and he grabbed my hand. His touch ignited a flame and I k... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28--Friends--
Part 29--Once and for All--
Part 30--Painless Nights and Ruining Lives--
Part 31--River of Tears--
Part 32--Unspoken Words--
Part 33--Not Over Yet--
Part 34--Something Unexpected--
Part 35--Epilogue--
--Sequel Time--
Sequel!

Part 20--Bonds Made--

62.4K 2.4K 292
By dreamsswim28

(A/N: WARNING; UNEDITED, I hope you guys like this chapter. It's not much but it is the beginning to something ;) Also, I hope you all know that I read each and everyone of your comments and they make me smile. I try to respond to as many as possible, but I am not always able to. Thanks for your love. Enjoy this chapter <3 )

It didn't take long for the news of mine and Rosaline's patch up to hit the rest of the family. My dad was especially quick about it. I hadn't spoken to my father in the past three days that we had been her, but I figured it was time to now.

"Dad....." I spoke slowly, as I walked into the living area.

My father looked up from the plasma television and instantly fumbled. "Oh, Gemma." He grabbed the remote and switched off the T.V. "Uh, what's up?"

I cautiously walked over to my father and sat down beside him on the couch. "I just wanted to talk...."

He nodded and a small smile made its way onto his face. "I heard you and Rosaline talked as well."

I nodded and played with my fingers. "Yah, we worked things out. I thought it was our turn now."

"Gemma, I wanted to work things out for the past 20 years." My dad sighed.

"I know, but I'm ready now." I looked up and met my dad's gaze.

His eyes smiled. "I'm glad."

We spent the next hour or so working out every complicated detail of our relationship. We went back to my childhood and everything that had happened till now. I was a wreck by the end of it, as was my father. All in all though, it felt nice to be able to speak to him again. It was not easy to move past everything, in fact I can safely say that I have not in any way completely moved past everything, but things were better and for that I was grateful.

"How about, Rosaline and I and you and Wyatt go out for dinner tonight. You know, as a way to seal the deal?" My father laughed.

Although his offer was completely out of context, I smiled and nodded, only to remember that Wyatt and I were not on speaking terms. "Uh, yah I suppose that's a good idea."

My dad's smile slowly faded. "What's wrong? Are you not comfortable with going out with us yet? If not, we understand we could arrange something else-" My dad rambled, concernedly.

"Oh no," I halted him. "I am completely content about the idea, it's just...you know what, never mind. Tonight sounds good."

My dad didn't seem convinced. "Is this about you and Wyatt because..."

My eyes widened and I proceeded to deny the fact but Rosaline entered just then. "What happened with Wyatt?"

"Gemmy's having boyfriend troubles." Dad grimaced.

"Guys! He's not my boyfriend." I spoke quickly.

Rosaline tried, but failed, to hide the smirk inching onto her face. "Oh yah, no of course not. Um...yah okay so if tonight suits us well, Gemma you and I should get ready because its already 4pm and the restaurant opens at 6pm. And honey?" Rosaline spoke to my father. "Speak to Wyatt, please?"

Rosaline and my father exchanged devious smiles and my father responded. "Oh yah, of course." My father dashed out of the room and it was just Rosaline and I.

"So..." Rosaline stretched as she made her way to the couch. "If and only if you feel comfortable with sharing, why don't you tell me what's going on with Wyatt and you."

I hesitated. Then I didn't speak for a while. Did I really feel comfortable with sharing? After a lot of pondering I came to the conclusion of yes. Only because I wanted someone to tell. I needed someone to help me and I wanted wise advice. Although, Rosaline and I had only made patches yesterday. It was just something I felt could bring us closer. "Yah." But I didn't say anything. It was hard.

"Alright....on a scale of one to 10, how much to you feel for him?" Rosaline sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"Uh....." I pondered. I didn't want to be rash and say the number I was actually thinking because feelings take time to develop, but in all honesty I wanted advice so I told her the truth. "9?"

"Uh oh..." Rosaline spoke.

"Yah, I know." I sighed.

"Alright, leave it up to me honey. I know what I have to do." Rosaline smirked and for the first time in my life, I trusted someone else's better judgement.

*******************

"OH. MY. GOD." I stared at myself in the mirror. What had Rosaline done? My wavy light brown hair was straightened and rested mid back. My eyes were lined with eyeliner and it made them pop. My lips had a light pink colour coating them, but that was about all the makeup I allowed Rosaline to put on me. I didn't like makeup. Rosaline had went through my luggage and thankfully approved of something because I didn't want to have to wear her clothes (Not that they were bad, they just weren't my style) Rosaline picked out black skinny jeans and a flowy, see-through orange blouse that rested a little below my hips. All in all, I looked different.

"You look beautiful, honey." Rosaline gushed. Her eyes teared up slightly in joy and I had to keep myself from scowling, even playfully.

"I.....Rosaline......" I trailed off, still staring at my reflection. I couldn't believe how I looked. I looked.....beautiful. I felt beautiful and I didn't know whether my eyes were deceiving me or whether my mind was.

"Oh Wyatt will just wish he could-"

"ROSALINE!" I stopped her before she could say whatever profanity she was going to. Rosaline, I learned, acted more like a teenager than anything else, but she did so in a wise way. Rosaline had a way of coming down to a person's level and speaking to them in a way that they would understand. I respected that very much.

"What? I'm just saying what's true." She smirked.

I shook my straightened locks and laughed. Taking a quick look at Rosaline, I realized that she had also gotten herself ready while she was getting me ready. She looked beautiful. Her black cocktail dress was plain but it complimented her in a way that showed her true beauty. I was aware that it had only been in a day since Rosaline and I had patched up, but I couldn't help but trust her solely. I needed someone and Rosaline was there so I just let go for a second.

"Okay, honey. Let's go and hit the road. The boys should be ready and I don't want to keep them waiting." Rosaline sighed and grabbed her clutch.

Before I knew it we were out the door and out of the house. It was a beautiful night out , only a light breeze shook my hair and put goosebumps on my arms. The only sound was of the wind and the clicking of Rosaline and I's heels. I took in a deep breath and let it go, but suddenly my stomach felt funny. I was nervous. For what? I knew very well.

I would be with Wyatt tonight, we hadn't spoken since yesterday and I was nervous for everything. I didn't know what he would think of me tonight, I don't know what happened yesterday and I was scared to think about anything. However regardless of what I tried to convince myself of, nothing worked, I was still nervous.

Rosaline and I had only leaned against the black lexus in the driveway when the front door of the house opened and out walked my father and Wyatt. My father supported a stripped grey button down shirt and black pants. He looked very handsome and from beside me I thought I heard Rosaline's breath get caught in her throat.

Wyatt however, supported a black button down shirt and black dark-washed jeans. His hair was messily styled and his eyes shone in the darkness. My heart fell into my stomach and I felt the heat rush onto my face. I couldn't take my eyes of of him as he walked to the car and I felt more than I had ever felt.

I could tell Rosaline was deeply in love with my father and by the way that my father kissed her as he met her by the car, I knew he loved her too. That was the kind of love I wanted. I knew I wasn't in love, I was sure of it but I did know, for a fact this time, that I felt more than just a slight friendship for Wyatt, I really really did like him and although I wasn't in love right now, I knew that soon I would be but unfortunately, I also knew that I may have been falling for someone who wouldn't be there to catch me.

(A/N: So.........I was going to continue this chapter, but I felt it would be too long.....please don't kill me :) I promise I'll update soon and we'll have a lot of Gemma and Wyatt to see and read about. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144 3 7
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬...
1.5M 49.3K 37
BOOK TWO OF THE BLACK SERIES *CANNOT be read as a stand-alone* -- "I mean, let's face it, Hayden," Casey said with a humourless laugh, looking away f...
4K 112 19
𝟏𝟖+| I was said to be 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. I had heard it so much...
194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...