Redneck Romeo [Completed]

By BoOk_DrEaMeR

(Excerpt) I looked up into his gorgeous, honey-colored eyes and felt my heart begin to thrum with the love t... More

Redneck Romeo
*Chapter 1*
*Chapter 2*
*Chapter 3*
*Chapter 4*
*Chapter 5*
*Chapter 6*
*Chapter 7*
*Chapter 8*
*Chapter 9*
*Chapter 10*
*Chapter 11*
*Chapter 12*
*Chapter 13*
*Chapter 15*
*Chapter 16*
*Chapter 17*
*Chapter 18*
*Chapter 19*
*Chapter 20*
*Chapter 21*
*Chapter 22*
*Chapter 23*
*Chapter 24*
*Chapter 25*
*Epilogue*

*Chapter 14*

7.7K 219 29
By BoOk_DrEaMeR

People banging around in the kitchen arose me from my peaceful slumber the next morning. I reached behind me and felt around in the bed to find that I was alone. I pried my eyes open and scanned my eyes around the room until I found an alarm clock on the dresser. It was only nine.

I grumbled under my breath about having annoying friends and scuttled into the joint bathroom. I quickly washed my face, brushed my teeth, and pulled my hair up into a sloppy bun. Then, I went back into the room and put on my clothes from the previous day.

I stumbled down the stairs, still not fully awake. I entered the kitchen and looked around me. Looks like I was the last person that decided to get up. As always.

"OMG!"Jessica screeched falsely, slapping a hand daintily over her mouth,"Princess Isabelle has come out of her chambers before noon!"

I blushed a deep scarlet and slapped her on the arm. Everybody chuckled at my dispense, causing me to jut my tongue out at them childishly. This only encouraged their laughter and it was a good few minutes before it had all faded away. 

Then, Clark took me comfortingly into his arms and whispered in my ear,"They're just messing with you babe. What do you want me to make you for breakfast?"

I shivered as his warm breath tickled my ear,"Okay. A pop-tart and some coffee would be fine."

He nodded and removed himself from me before busying himself with getting my food and drink ready. God, I have the best boyfriend ever. I gave a sideways glance to Luke, who was leaning casually against the door frame looking as sexy as ever. He wore a jealous expression, but when he saw me looking, he quickly masked it with indifference.

I shook my head at how bipolar he was. One minute he tells me that he's giving up on me and he doesn't love me, and the next he is glaring at me for hanging with my boyfriend. Just screw him and his mood swings.

I sat on one of the stools by the counter and Clark promptly placed a plate with two chocolate chip pop tarts and then a mug of steaming hot coffee with a bit of cream and a lot of sugar-just how I like it. I looked up at him with a grateful smile.

"Thanks babe."

"No problem,"he gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before following the guys out back to help put up the stage equipment. Luckily, Jessica had brought in the guitars last night, so they weren't left out all night.

I finished up my breakfast before throwing my plate away and placing my empty cup in the sink. Then, I joined everyone out back and did my part by helping to pick up all of the food supplies. With all of us working diligently, it didn't take long for the backyard to look pristine once again. We smiled and high-fived each other in congratulations. We had cleaned it up before the parents got back! That was a victory if I had ever seen one!

The victory was short lived, however, when Clark announced that he had to get going if he was going to finish his Lit paper on time. We all bid him goodbye and I walked him to his guitar. When we reached it, we turned to each other.

"I guess this is goodbye,"I said dramatically.

He smiled and then quickly covered it with a serious expression,"I suppose so."

"Woe is me,"I closed my eyes and put the back of my hand to my forehead.

We both broke character and burst into laughter. Once we had finally calmed ourselves, he placed a soft, lingering kiss on my lips. Then, when I opened my eyes, he was in his car and driving away. I watched as he turned out and drove down the road until he was no longer visible.

 I headed back to the others, that were now sprawled starfish style across the cool grass. I chuckled under my breath and joined them, letting the dew soak through my tee and shorts. We just laid there for a minute, letting the silence consume us, enjoying the time to ourselves even as we all laid right beside each other.

It didn't last long, because Jared just had to break the calming silence with a thunderous sneeze. We all turned to him with glares, which he returned with a sheepish smile. I huffed and stood up, wiping pieces of grass off of my bum and back. I turned to the others that were also getting up.

"Well, I think I'm gonna go home so that I can change out of these nappy clothes,"I said, waving at them goodbye.

They waved back, and Samantha and Jared even agreed with me. We all headed to our cars. I hopped into the front seat of my truck, put the key in the ignition, turned it, and...nothing. I tried it again and again but still my car refused to come to life. I let out a loud groan and plonked my head onto the steering wheel. 

My groan must have been pretty loud, because the next thing I know, there is a slight tapping on my window. I look up to find Jared looking at me with a concerned expression clear on his face. I opened the car door and looked at him sadly.

"What's wrong?"

"My car won't start,"I whined.

He seemed thoughtful for a moment, before saying,"I'm sorry. I would drive you, but you are on the complete other side of the town that me."I nodded.

"S'Okay. I'll just catch a ride with someone else. You go ahead and get home,"he walked away hesitantly, before bidding goodbye to his girlfriend and driving away.

I got out of my car and slammed the door before making my way back to Sean, Jessica, Aarron, and Luke. They all gave me confused looks, but I just waved the looks off and headed towards Jessica.

"My car won't start. Do you mind driving me home? I'll call a tow later to take it to the mechanic,"I said.

She shook her head and gave me a smirk,"Luke practically lives in your neighborhood. Plus, I'm sure he would love to give you a ride."She winked and a gave her my best glare. Then, we both turned to Luke, who looked lost in space,"Wouldn't you Luke?"

That caused Luke to break out of his daze and look around confused,"Wouldn't I what?"

"Drive Isabelle home, silly,"she said, as I stood behind her and shook my head wildly making no motions.

"Sure."Now he and Jessica had identical smirks and were looking at me expectantly, even Sean and Aarron had joined in on it.

"Fine,"I huffed and followed a smiling Luke to his car. I climbed into the passenger seat and we were off, but not before spotting a wildly waving set of weirdos sharing goofy grins.

 I shook my head at there stupidity, before deciding that I was going to seize this chance. If I was going to be forced into a car ride with Luke, then I was going to at least get some answers out of them. But first, I typed out a quick text to Jessica:

Whatever you and Sean did to my truck, you better fix it. Now!

I didn't get a reply, but I know that they got it and were taking my threatening text seriously. I was going to have there heads as soon as this whole ordeal was over. I turned in my seat to face Luke, taking a deep breath and trying to figure out what to ask.

"Why are you acting all jealous?"I finally asked.

"What do you mean?"he asked nervously, trying to play dumb. Good thing he chose to be a musician instead of an actor, he sucked at lying.

"You know what I mean, now answer the question!"I demanded, losing my patience. God, this guy turned me into a completely different person.

"Okay, chill,"he gave me a glance before returning his eyes back to the road,"I'm jealous, okay? What else is there to it?"

"Why are you jealous? You said you gave up! You said you weren't going to love me anymore!"I huffed, frustration overtaking me.

He sighed deeply, pulling onto the side of the road,"Is it really not obvious? Everyone else sees it except for you. I wish you could just see it for yourself, so that I wouldn't have to spell it out for you! I love you! I've never stopped loving you and I never plan on stopping! I want to love you forever, I want you to be mine forever! I'm never going to give up, ever!"

I stared at him in shock. What is a girl supposed to say to that? Before I could decided, my mouth was moving,"I love you, too. I never stopped, but I wanted to. I wanted to so bad."

He looked at me and a smile bloomed on his face, before he leaned forward and took my lips in a gentle, passionate kiss. And there were the fireworks. The fireworks that I hadn't experienced in almost two years! They were even more amazing than I remembered. Somewhere in the back of my head, I knew I shouldn't be letting this happen. I had a boyfriend! But, I couldn't bring myself to pull away. So, instead, I wound my arms around his shoulders and let him deepen the kiss. I couldn't get enough. The kisses became more rapid and rough. Then, his hand was under my tee, caressing the bare skin on my stomach. It was when his hand went farther up to cup my breast that I cam back to reality. I jerked back and he immediately brought his hand away.

Luke stuttered, speechless for a moment,"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take it so far, but-"

I cut him off,"Don't be sorry. Just take me home."

His face fell, and he nodded soundlessly. He pulled off of the side and back onto the road. We road in silence, awkward silence nonetheless. It was a short drive, but it felt like an eternity. Finally, he pulled up outside my house, and I jumped out and ran to the front door as to avoid him trying to 'talk about it'. I didn't want to talk about, at least not with him anyway.

 I ran up to my room before any of my family could see the state I was in. Who knew what expression was on my face right now? Instead of talking to my mom or Sarah or Luke about it, I decided to ring up my best friend. As I held the phone to my ear, I wondered what her response would be. Happy? Sad? I didn't get to contemplate it long because soon the other line was picked up.

"Izzy! How did it go with Luke?"she squealed.

"Good, not good. It depends on how you look at it,"I shrugged to myself even though she couldn't see me.

"Oh. What happened?"she asked anxiously.

"Oh, you know. Nothing unusual. He just told me he loved me and then kissed me!"I screeched, suddenly overcome with anger. Anger at myself for letting it happen. Anger at Luke for kissing me. Anger at Jessica for forcing me to go with him in the first place.

"Okay. Chill out. So, explain it in more detail."

I huffed,"Before I reveal anything else, I want to know if my baby is okay."

"Your baby?"For being an A+ student, she sure had no common sense.

"Yes, my baby. My truck!"

Realization dawned,"Oh, yeah. Sean just unplugged the battery, but once you left he plugged it back in. So, go on!"

I took a deep breath, preparing myself. It will seem more real once I've said it out loud and told someone,"Well, I asked him why he was so jealous if he didn't want me anymore and that led to a full blown confession about how he will always love me, blah blah blah. So, before I could stop myself, I told him that I loved him too. Then he kissed me. Like, not a peck, but a kiss."

"Like, groped up kind of kiss?"she asked.

"Yep,"I sighed.

"Oh God. What about Clark?"

"Well, I've been thinking about it, and I've decided that I need to tell him and possibly put us on hold until I can figure out my emotions."

I heard a sound that could possibly indicate her falling off of her bed, before she recovered and yelled down the phone,"Does this mean you're giving Luke another chance? Is this like a Vampire Diaries thing where they are going to have to fight for your love? How romantic!"

"Gees, calm down,"I said,"They aren't going to fight over my love! They are going to be themselves and then I'm going to pick. But, I can't keep stringing Clark along if he's not really what I want."

"Okay. Good choice. When are you going to tell Clark?"

I thought through my schedule, trying to figure out when I'm free,"Well, probably Wednesday afternoon unless something comes up."

"Okay, call me if you need me, but for now, my mom is home and calling for me. So, bye,"I bid my goodbye before we both hung up.

I let out a long sigh and collapsed backwards on my bed. Drama, drama, drama. Does it ever go away? Can anything ever be simple? Why do I get the love that is so messed up?

But, something in the back of my head told me that maybe, just maybe, this wasn't an ordinary love but an extraordinary love, and it would all be worth it in the long run.

____________________________________________________________________________

They kissed! She's letting go of Clark! Will Luke be able to win her back? Or will she go running back to Clark? Please, tell me what you think in the comments!

 Goal for this chapter: 4 votes and two comments! 

The chapter is dedicated to katiebug9522 for her awesome support!

Picture to the side is AnnaSophia Robb as Samantha>>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 6.4K 35
"Dance with me." While I knew it wasn't a demand, it wasn't a question either. I hesitated and he noticed. "Come on Grace, give this gentleman the...
3.4K 83 31
Hi there readers, I do hope you enjoy my historical fiction that may leave you in emotional and frustration in this lovely book. let me give you some...
115 2 27
My heart begins to race. My lungs tighten as the walls seem to close in on me. Their staring eyes stab through my muscles as I turn stiff. Then I re...
79.8K 2.4K 43
"You know that I care about you." He says, taking my hand. Walking through the door, I was pulled along beside him. Standing up tall and straight, in...