Crash

By recklessandstuff

Life for Annabelle Carter was pretty great. She liked school, loved her best friends and enjoyed good music. ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
This Is Living (Preview): Chapter 1 ©
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 11

5K 231 22
By recklessandstuff

While getting ready for my date with James, I found myself listening to Crash and Burn. Maybe they weren't as bad as I initially thought they were.

I unintentionally gravitated towards songs written by Kyle. Damn him for being so good at songwriting.

His lyrics portrayed a side of Kyle was likable. One that I could respect.

It was a pity his lyrics didn't reflect him as a person. However, that thought crossed my mind that maybe Kyle was a far more complex individual than I initially thought. Maybe he hid his emotions behind his egotistic and douchebaggy exterior, and music provided him an express or outlet for his suppressed emotions.

Wow. I was thinking too deeply into this.

So instead, I switched to one of my all time favourite bands, Parachute. 

Ah, there was the music I knew and loved.

I belted out the lyrics to 'The Mess I Made' as I got ready. Rather than going to casual or too formal, I decided to go in between, wearing my ripped black skinny jeans, an Elvis shirt and Doc Martins. Of course being the cliche girl I am, I rocked dark makeup.

My mind was buzzing with all the endless possibilities of where Kyle- I mean James -would be taking me.

Then it dawned on me. I was going out with a member of Crash and Burn. The same band that I hated merely a few weeks ago. The same band who's poster I burned down when Natasha attempted to stick it on my wall. The same band that led me to spending hours lecturing Jay about the difference between a 'band' and a 'boy band'.

Boy, I was judgmental.

Rather than sulking because of my realization, I sat patiently waiting for my date.

A few seconds later, I received a text from James, which simply stated that he was on his way to the door.

I immediately got up and bolted for the door. There was no way I would let my parents answer the door. They would bombard James with a bunch of irrelevant question, then overwhelm him with unnecessary facts about me and/or my family history.

Not today.

Before he could even knock on the door, I had opened it up. He let his hand drop and smiled nervously.

"Hi."

"Hey." He replied, with the same nervous smile on his face. He was dressed in a 'Arizona Coyotes' number 19 jersey, black jeans and converse. His hair was messily styled, which was surprisingly adorable. 

"You look amazing." He spoke, breaking the silence I hadn't noticed. My heart began to race and his compliment and I mumbled a thank you.

"Get in loser! We're going shopping." This statement was followed by an excessive amount of honking.

Way to ruin the moment. I immediately rolled my eyes when I realised Crash and Burn were in the car. Along with Natasha and Jay, in the car behind them.

"I thought this was a date." I muttered, rolling my eyes. My statement sounded a little rude, so I apologised.

"No, trust me, so did I. But when I said we were going to a Coyotes game, Danny insisted on coming along. I'm really sorry Bells." 

I couldn't help but smile at the new nickname James had given me. He hesitantly grabbed my hand and led me to the car.

"Hey Annabelle." Jay winked. I rolled my eyes at my best friend.

"Sorry we're hijacking your date. Jay bird and I can ride with Crash and Burn, giving you some privacy." Natasha wiggled her eyebrows. I lightly whacked her arm, attempting to contain the smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello. It's me.

Like/comment and all that jazzzz. You guys are amazing

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247 10 24
Everyone deserves love. .......
30 0 13
What happens when a broken girl named Luna goes to college and meets a boy who's broken also. Will they fall for each other? Will they fix each other...
17.7K 647 61
*DON'T READ THIS ONE FIRST!! It won't make much sense! ~Sequel to Who She Is~ Mature Content After making her mine and learning some of her dark secr...
3.1K 111 22
I wrote this when I was 13 and didn't have any writing skills, so you've been warned. Again this book is NOT EDITED ...