The Right Kind of Wrong (HP f...

By fallenbabybubu

Scorpius Malfoy, son of Draco Malfoy, restored his family's status in the Wizarding World using his wit and c... More

The Right Kind of Wrong (1)
The Right Kind of Wrong (2)
The Right Kind of Wrong (3)
The Right Kind of Wrong (4)
The Right Kind of Wrong (5)
The Right Kind of Wrong (6)
The Right Kind of Wrong (7)
The Right Kind of Wrong (8)
The Right Kind of Wrong (9)
The Right Kind of Wrong (10)
The Right Kind of Wrong (11)
The Right Kind of Wrong (12)
The Right Kind of Wrong (13)
The Right Kind of Wrong (14)
The Right Kind of Wrong (15)
The Right Kind of Wrong (16)
The Right Kind of Wrong (17)
The Right Kind of Wrong (18)
The Right Kind of Wrong (19)
The Right Kind of Wrong (20)
The Right Kind of Wrong (21)

EPILOGUE (7th year)

20.3K 881 381
By fallenbabybubu

SURPRISE!!!!

I hope you guys like this. Almost all of you are requesting it. So I finally wrote it. In fact, I wrote it on a whim that it's not that edited. I want to revise it but I can't wait to upload it! So here it is!! :D

Recent readers are so lucky that they don't get to wait. LOL!

By the way, I had a co-writer in the past chapters. But since I couldn't locate her anymore, I wrote this epilogue by myself. ;)

HAPPY READING!!!

________________________________________________________

Scorpius flew on his broom through the lake as though he already memorized every inch of it. And he had, as a matter of fact. Ever since fifth year, he'd been flying on his broom around the black lake, away from prying eyes.

Only when he had the chance, though. It was a busy year for him, being the Head Boy and Quidditch Captain at the same time. Too many responsibilities. Not that he was the one to complain, after all it made him busy and his mind preoccupied. Still, it was always relaxing to be alone and be able to think every once in a while.

He flew toward the quiet castle, and up to the Astronomy tower. That tower was no doubt one of his favorite places in Hogwarts.

He pulled his broom to a stop and jumped off. He placed his broom over his shoulders as he stared at the horizon. And then, his eyes wandered towards the gates of the castle.

The sea of students were finally arriving from their Winter break. Scorpius was one of the few who arrived early, not wanting to ride the train here. However, you couldn't really blame him. Because if had to ride the train, he'd be in the same compartment with Rose Weasley for a few hours. They'd be all alone, together. He wouldn't be able to stand that.

It had been years since then. And yet he was still trying hard to cope with everything that had happened since their fifth year – not that it showed. He always kept it to himself. It was his secret, nobody had business in it.

When the last carriage arrived, Scorpius finally decided to head to the Great Hall. It really didn't matter if he brought his broom there. No one would tell him off for it. Nobody dared to try.

As he was coming down the steps, a nest of red hair caught his eye. He looked up and saw the girl who made him feel so many emotions at the same time that he could burst. She'd grown into a lovely lady, in all honesty. It was really sad that he couldn't do anything more than to bury his feelings deep inside him.

How bloody pathetic, Scorp.

He scowled, shook his head to rid of the thought, and continued down the steps. At that point, Rose Weasley spotted him. She walked over and stopped right in front him just as he reached the bottom step.

Scorpius turned his eyes at her and saw that she wore a frown, making him tilt his head as he looked at her with an indifferent expression.

“Where have you been, Malfoy?” she demanded, both her hands were on her hips. “There was an incident in the train on the way here, and you were nowhere to be found. I almost wasn't able to sort it out because your so-called friends were the ones who started it all.” She was now glaring at him as though it was all my fault.

Ever since fifth year, she seemed to be angrier at him. Like every little thing that didn't go her way was his entirely fault or she'd suspect that he had something to do with it.

Of course, he didn't. See, like her, he changed as well. He didn't bother and tease her all that much anymore. He began to treat her like everybody else in Hogwarts: inferior. She noticed it, mind you. Everyone did.

Scorpius Malfoy suddenly stopped badgering Rose Weasley?

What has the world come into?

What happened?

The questions went on and on. But Scorpius honestly couldn't care less anymore. At least, he had to. He didn't want a repeat of what happened then. It was too . . . much.

He had a slight suspicion that his indifference ignited Rose's fury at him even more. Maybe because without his witty sneers at her, they didn't have an excuse to talk anymore. Or maybe because he had the nerve to ignore her when he literally showed his cruelty to her dear cousin Albus Potter two years ago.

Well, Albus Potter was a different matter that Scorpius dared not to think about. He only made him want to badly curse him until every wizard and witch in the world knew how pathetic he really was.

He sighed and continued in a bored tone, “You were able to settle the matter, did you not?” He turned his cold grey eyes into hers.

Her brown orbs narrowed. “Yes, I was. But –”

“Then, what are you still on about?”

For the tiniest moment, she was taken aback with what he said. But she quickly recovered and was now glaring at him as though she wanted to cast him the worst of spells she could utter.

If looks could kill . . .

“As Head Girl,” she began, “I'd like to inform you that you'd do well to constrain your cronies to keep their wands from doing such foul acts of immaturity. You're Head Boy. Why don't you set a good example, for a change?”

She made a turn to leave, but he wouldn't let her have the last say.

“What, like you?” He sneered. When she stopped with her back turned to him, he smirked. Then, he made his way in front of her before saying, “If you're such a role model, tell them yourself.” He winked at her, then headed to the Great Hall.

***

Rose really did want to bawl her eyes out right then and there, as she stood at the corridor just outside the Great Hall. But silent tears escaped and rolled down her cheeks.

It was so unfair. It seemed like she was the only one hurting. For two years, she had to keep her feelings for Scorpius Malfoy to herself. Something as strong as that shouldn't be restrained. But she had, too.

It wasn't possible for them to be together. Last time they tried, it turned out quite disastrous. She saw how vicious he could be, even more ruthless that his Slytherin friends. It was really frightening to see.

Nevertheless, she still loved him. She silently cheered for him during Quidditch. She kept sneaking him glances whenever she could. She continued going to the Room of Requirement (where one day she accidentally found the Invisibility Cloak, much to the delight of Albus), secretly hoping that Scorpius would one day come there. She longed to see him smile at her again. She longed for his touch. She longed for his adoring expression.

Her love for him was so strong that it scared her sometimes that someone might notice it. But she knew that she would never deny that fact to herself.

Her right hand flew to the pocket of her skirt, where his letter for her was safely hidden. She carried it with her sometimes. Tonight, she'd put it back in her music box.

Yes, he said in his last letter that it was better for her to forget everything. But she just couldn't. How in Merlin's beard could she?

She was his right kind of wrong, he even said.

The afternoon they shared in the Room of Requirement would forever be engraved in Rose's heart. Maybe someday . . . they would be able to be together. Or maybe not.

One could only hope.

“Rose?”

She quickly wiped her tears away and faced the person who spoke.

“Are you not feeling well?” asked Lily, coming out from the Great Hall.

“No, I'm quite all right,” assured Rose, waving her hand dismissively. “Let's go eat.”

Lily frowned. “No, you're not. I've known you forever, Rosie. I do know when you're upset, you know. What's the matter?”

“I just haven't gotten over the incident earlier.”

“Rosie,” whined Lily, a worried expression etched across her face. “Don't lie, please. I really want to help with whatever it is you've got on your mind.”

Rose looked away, avoiding Lily's eyes.

Since fifth year, Rose had changed a bit. She tended to be more closed. She still hung out and laughed with her cousins and friends. But there were moments when her mind would drift off into space, especially when she was alone. Lily would always be the one to caught Rose in that state. As much as she could, Rose tried to avoid telling her the truth.

She guessed she'll break eventually.

“Rosie.”

“Not here, Lils.”

Lily huffed and crossed her arms.

“Fine,” she said. “You'll tell me after dinner. And don't bother lying. It's about time you tell me everything about what truly happened between you and Scorpius Malfoy.”

Rose sighed resignedly.

“Something really did happen, then?”

Rose couldn't help but roll her eyes.

A curious Lily was a headache to deal with. That was why she had always avoided the subject of a certain Slytherin boy, because she knew that Lily would never shut up about it once she knew everything.

Tonight was going to be a long night for sure.

***

Scorpius had his arms behind his head as stared at the ceiling in his room.

Laughing with the boys at the Slytherin table this evening was fun. He missed them, which surprised him since they were all just together at the Malfoy Manor last week. Maybe he wanted to see them to remind himself the reason of why he had to stay away from Rose.

A knock on the door pulled him out of thinking.

“Come in,” he called, sitting up.

Damon opened the door and walked in. He went to lean on Scorpius' study table, his arms in his pockets.

“What is it, mate?” asked Scorpius, raising an eyebrow.

“I saw you had a bit of a row with the Weasley girl before dinner.”

Scorpius shrugged. “Old news.”

“Scorp, it's been two years,” pointed out Damon.

Scorpius tried to read his mind from his face but Damon hid whatever he was thinking from Scorpius so well. No matter how long they had been friends, Scorpius could never easily read Damon's expression.

“Your point is . . . ?” queried Scorpius in a bored tone.

“Give the boys a credit,” said Damon, gesturing his hand to the door. “You're still their friend, no matter who you fall in love with.”

Scorpius really didn't want to have that conversation right now. However, it must be time to have this sort of talk with Damon straightforwardly. After all, it was only Damon who knew the whole truth between him and Rose.

“You saw firsthand how it ended up last time,” Scorpius told him, frowning now.

Damon let out a frustrated sigh, which surprised Scorpius a great deal. Damon didn't usually show any emotions. He was the quiet wizard who watched things from the sidelines. So for Scorpius to see him heave irately was quite astonishing.

You were the one who ended it, Scorp,” reminded Damon seriously. “What happened then was the result of the boys' idiotic antics to Lily Potter. It had nothing to do with you and the Weasley girl. Yes, perhaps your heated argument involved an exchange of hurtful words. However, I rather think that it only made your bond stronger. You managed to get your issues out. Hence, you'll be able to deal with it together and face your differences.”

Scorpius' brows furrowed hard, his expression ending up in a scowl.

It completely frustrated him how right and reasonable Damon was. Scorpius absolutely loathed it when he was proven wrong – which happened almost never.

Even so, Damon's point was not the only matter.

“The lads . . .” Scorpius trailed off, shaking his head.

“I was the one who warned you about your ridiculous feelings, so I wouldn't be saying this if I knew that you'd be in trouble for it. Like I said, it's been two years. Give them credit,” Damon added, shrugging. “They've . . . matured quite a bit. You of all people know how much loyalty a Slytherin can give to those whom we respect.”

Scorpius rubbed his face with his hand. He laid back down on his four-poster bed, putting his fore-arm over his eyes.

“And my reputation?”

At this point, Scorpius was done sorting things out on his own. He'd always thought that he could get out of anything. And yet, he couldn't come up with something reasonable enough to convince him that he could happily be with the object of his affection.

“I've thought about that,” said Damon, putting two fingers on his lips thoughtfully as he gazed on the floor. When he looked up, he concluded, “I quite believe that you've proven yourself enough in the Wizarding World. Everyone will never look a the Malfoys in a bad way again. You've done good, mate – for you and your family. You excel in sports and academics that no one can simply compete with you.

“She's the same way, ridding the sports part. You might not have noticed but she puts up a good fight with you. Never in a million years have I expected that I'll say this, but she's the perfect match for you.”

Bloody hell. Why did Scorpius' eyes sting after hearing Damon say all that? But of course, Scorpius knew. It was because every single word Damon uttered was the truth.

“In fifth year,” sighed Damon, “I wouldn't tell you all this. I wouldn't push you to her, because then I knew that it wasn't time. People wouldn't understand and you'd be the laughing stock in the Slytherin House. But now, the chances of ruining what you've worked so hard to built by being with the Weasley girl is next to nothing.”

Damon let that sink in Scorpius' head first. Then, he smirked.

“Besides, everyone knows better than to cross you. You are and always will be Scorpius bloody Malfoy. Always remember that, mate.”

A small smile made its way to Scorpius' lips. His eyes were still closed, but Merlin's beard, the tears were bloody daring to come out. He was grateful that his fore-arm covered his eyes or he would have been embarrassed as hell.

He never knew this day would come. At least, not until after a decade or so – not while they were both still in Hogwarts.

After all these years of restraining himself . . . After all these years of forcing himself to stay away . . . After all these years of longing for her . . .

Finally, it was time.

Scorpius could be together with Rose.

No one could ever stop him now. And if ever someone dared to, he'd turn them into frog and feed them to the blast-ended skrewts in Hagrid's yard.

***

The tension was in the air in the Great Hall.

Rose could feel it, as well as see it as her eyes landed on Albus, Hugo, Lily, and other Gryffindor Quidditch players. They were geared up and staring at their food like it would disappear if they looked at it long enough.

It was May already, and the day of the last match between Gryffindor and Slytherin was today. Albus just made captain this school year, too. The pressure was quite getting to him.

For the last three years, Slytherin House had won the Quidditch Cup. James Potter made sure that it was always a close fight though, so it was a good game every time. But James wasn't here anymore. It was all up to Albus now.

Rose's eyes wandered to the other side of the room, to the Slytherin table. Unlike her House-mates, the Slytherin Quidditch players were boisterous. They were clearly having fun as if they had no match today. Then, her eyes settled on Scorpius.

Scorpius . . .

Odd things had been happening in the last few months, ever since the night Rose told Lily about what happened between her and Scorpius. She could clearly remember Lily's expression like it was yesterday. She kept beaming and bouncing, saying she knew it was coming all along. But of course, she was also saddened that it ended up badly. She was such the optimist, though. She assured Rose repeatedly that their story wasn't finished yet.

Strange enough, Scorpius' actions toward her changed that coming week. Until slowly, the sneers were replaced by smirks. And sometimes, if Rose was lucky, she'd caught him smiling genuinely. It honestly made her heart skip a beat every time.

Somewhere between February, Rose was completely astonished that Scorpius started up friendly conversations with her about their lessons during classes. She was skeptical, of course – but nonetheless inwardly thrilled.

Until in March, when he'd talk to her sometimes on their way to the Great Hall or outside by lake whenever he caught her sitting along below a tree. Others ogled at the sudden turn of events, Albus was suspicious (he still haven't forgiven Scorpius for the Invisibility Cloak, among other things), and Lily was quite giggly about it.

Scorpius didn't seem to care what others came up with about his actions. It was odd, but Rose thought his Slytherin friends turned a blind eye to it. But there was this one time when she caught a few of them watching her as if wondering what spell she used against Scorpius to make him act like that towards her.

Once, Lily told her that a bloke from Ravenclaw ask Scorpius if he fancied Rose.

Scorpius jinxed the poor sixth year.

Rose wasn't sure when it happened, but she started to relax around Scorpius. She started looking forward to the days when they had classes together, because she was sure they'd talk like they were friends. And in some way, they almost were.

They could talk civilly now. They conversed without it turning into a banter. In fact, in some days, they talked about their families. Slowly, they began to open up to each other.

Things happened too fast in their fifth year that it was as if they had a silent agreement to take their time in getting to know each other this time.

Rose began to hope.

And then, she realized that Scorpius was gazing at her from the Slytherin table. She quickly looked down at her food, embarrassed at being caught staring. She counted to ten before deciding to look up again. As soon as she did, she caught his eye.

He was still looking at her. A crooked smile stretched across his handsome features. Rose felt her cheeks heat up. At that, his smiled grew broader.

She saw Goyle ask Scorpius something, and that ended their quiet exchange.

***

"I still can't believe that you fancy her," said Goyle, shaking his head.

Scorpius rolled his eyes. It had been months since he last told them his intentions with Rose Weasley. They were quite shocked. But really, shocked was an understatement. None of them laughed, though. That was saying something.

Damon was right. The loyalty was so strong that Scorpius felt really grateful for his friends.

"I guess everybody do have their flaw," remarked Lestrange darkly, before taking a sip from his goblet. "It just so happpened it was your taste in girls, Scorp."

Scopius raised his eyebrow. "And what's yours, low standards?"

Marcus, Nott, Blaise, and Goyle laughed. Even Damon chuckled.

"You still have your wit, I'll give you that," grumbled Lestrange.

Then, he turned his attention to the others. Scorpius smirked and looked back to Rose. Unfortunately, she wasn't look at him anymore.

The past months had been ideal to Scorpius. He was finally able to get to know Rose. Somehow, they were friends. It was odd, but he wouldn't have it any other way. He chose to take it slow, afraid that it would end up like last time. But surprisingly, Damon was right in everything that he said.

There were those skeptical. But they quickly shut their mouth with a swish of a wand. So no worries, really. Scorpius was having the time of his life.

"You know, I thought you were going to make a move on her right after I knocked some sense into you last January," said Damon, who was beside him.

"I wanted to take things slow," explained Scorpius, still watching Rose as she mingled with her friends at the Gryffindor table.

"What are you waiting for?" asked Blaise, who heard the conversation.

Scorpius really thought they'd hate him after he told them everything. But they surprised him a great deal when they got supportive. Most of the time, they acted as if they didn't know. Times like this, though, they showed that no matter how ruthless, brutal, and merciless they could be, they were still loyal friends to Scorpius.

"The right timing," answered Scorpius simply.

***

“Come on,” declared Albus, as he stood up. “It's time.”

The rest of the Gryffindor team followed him.

“Good luck!” exclaimed Rose.

“Thanks, Rosie,” said Albus, smiling weakly.

“You know you can beat them, Al,” she encouraged, hiding the fact that she was cheering for Slytherin as well. At least, a particular Slytherin player.

Then, some of their friends joined in the cheers.

“Yeah!”

“Go, Gryffindor!”

“Beat them, Potter!”

“Avenge Ravenclaws!”

Albus began to smile for real. “We'll surely beat them and get the Quidditch Cup! I'm still a Potter, after all,” he added the last part in a whisper to Rose.

That made Rose laugh, and she nodded.

With that, they left the Great Hall. Green robes caught Rose's eye, making her turn her head to the direction. She saw the Slytherin Quidditch team heading out, as well. They were lead by Scorpius, who saw Rose looking and smirked at her.

Merlin's beard, he was so . . . breath-taking with his confident smile, Quidditch uniform, and the broom that was slung over his shoulder.

After a few minutes, the rest of the students headed out to the pitch. Rose came with her friends; one of them was Lorcan Scamander. They were lucky to get the seats that were closest to the field. Lorcan sat beside her and once they were settled, he leaned to her.

“Who do you think will win?” he asked, his eyes looking around the flying players around the pitch.

Rose didn't know what to answer to that. As much as she wanted to say Gryffindor, Scorpius was just too good a player and a leader to say so.

“I want to say Gryffindor,” she admitted truthfully.

Lorcan nodded. “Me, too. But those stuck-up Slytherins are bloody good.”

“Especially, Malfoy,” added Lysander Scamander, Lorcan's twin. “Don't forget Malfoy. That one made Watson cry when they beat the Hufflepuffs in their last match.”

Susie laughed. “That was so funny!”

“So are you cheering for Malfoy, Rose?” asked Lorcan playfully, putting an arm around her shoulders. “Or are you loyal to Gryffindor?”

Rose shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

“Don't harass her, Lorcan,” scolded Susie.

“I wasn't,” denied Lorcan indignantly.

“Bloody hell,” cursed Lysander, looking at something in the pitch.

Rose and the others followed to where he was staring at. Rose's eyes widened when she saw Scorpius speeding up to where she was. There was so much speed that it was as if he was going to crash. A few people gasped when he swiftly halted to a stop right in front of them.

He nodded to me. “Hey, Weasle-bee.”

Rose blinked.

“Come here,” he told her, waving at her to stand up and walk a bit closer to him. He flew a bit closer so that he was right beside the railing.

Rose looked around and saw that everyone was watching them. Even the brooms in the pitch stopped flying, all eyes were on them. From the corner of her eye, she saw that Albus was about to fly toward them but Damon blocked him – as did the rest of the Slytherin team.

Rose's eyes found Scorpius', they were gentle and warm – odd for such steel grey eyes. He flashed her a crooked smile and her heart immediately started to beat faster and harder. Her stomach was tied in knots, like they were filled with butterflies.

She finally stood up and went closer to Scorpius. He positioned his broom lower, so that they were in level now.

“Remember what I said that afternoon in fifth year?” he asked out of the blue.

They haven't reached that subject yet ever since they started talking normally. At least, she wanted to talk about it. He was the one who never brought it up.

Until now.

“Which part?” replied Rose. It was true, he said so many things that sweet afternoon that she wasn't sure exactly what he was talking about.

Scorpius chuckled. “The part when I said that if you think being with me was wrong, I'd do everything to make it right.”

Rose swallowed. She was growing more aware of how hard her heart was beating against her chest.

“Yes,” she said in a small voice.

“Also the part when I suggested we should keep 'us' a secret?”

Rose nodded, her eyes were in watery now.

Scorpius leaned his elbow on the railing, making his face even closer to Rose.

“Do you still think being with me is wrong, Rose?” he asked it so gently that it was almost a whisper. His eyes held no superiority or boredom as they usually did. Instead, they were full of affection that rendered her speechless.

She shook her head, her lips slowly stretching into a smile. She couldn't speak. The moment was too beautiful – almost like a dream.

“Good,” he grinned, “because I don't want to keep 'us' a secret anymore.”

His face was inching closer to hers, and Rose found herself leaning forward.

“What about the complications?” she asked with a worried expression.

He pulled off an innocent expression perfectly. “What complications? As far as I know, there's not one reason that keeps me from being with you. Not anymore.”

She let out a breath.

He was right. The things they've feared a couple of years ago didn't seem to be that much of a hindrance now. For some reason . . . they were free.

“Do you reckon we shall give it another go?”

She was about to nod when a witty comeback came to mind.

“Will you still be a arrogant prat?” she inquired, raising an eyebrow.

He pretended to think. “I probably will. After all, it's one of the things you love about me,” he added with a lopsided smile.

“Only because you're quite boring otherwise,” she countered.

“You still haven't answered my question, Weasle-bee.”

Only then did she realize how that nickname that started out quite irritating has now become very endearing to her ears.

“For someone as clever as you, I thought you'd already know the answer by now.”

Scorpius grinned. Without warning, he placed his lips on Rose's. She felt his gloved hand reach around to the back of her neck, pulling her closer to him.

Merlin forbid how much she longed for this.

But before she could return the kiss, he pulled away. She pouted, making him laugh wholeheartedly. He pecked her on the cheek before leaning his body away.

“That's for luck,” he grinned as he winked at Rose. He was about to fly away when he stopped as if he remembered something.

Rose looked around, just then remembering that they held an audience. Albus' mouth was open, while Lily had her hands on her mouth. Scorpius' friends were nodding as if they expected it all along. Did that mean they approved?

The others were simply dumbfounded by the unexpected events.

Rose's cheeks heated up. She quickly sat down back to her seat, wishing the game would start so the attention would be on the players and not on her.

“Oh, and Scamander,” added Scorpius, looking at Lorcan with cold superior eyes. “If I ever catch you touch my girlfriend again, I promise you'll spend the rest of the school year in the Hospital Wing.”

After the last word, he flew away. Not a minute later, the match started. Whenever Scorpius would score, he would grin and point at Rose. Honestly, he was so adorably cute that she wanted to hug him.

A smile never left Rose's features.

Scorpius and her were finally together, and everyone in Hogwarts knew about it. No one and nothing could keep them apart any longer. Their fathers might have a say about it, but honestly – her and Scorpius were of age now. They had a say in their own lives.

And they wanted to be together.

Rose was so blissful about it that she felt as if she could burst.

When they were in their fifth year, things had happened so fast that it also ended up just as quick. But now, they took it slow. They took their time.

Surely, they would last longer now?

But Rose had a feeling that wasn't the case. Because after everything that they've been through, she had a strong feeling that they wouldn't just last longer . . .

Scorpius and Rose would last forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 114 30
Rose can't wait to get to Hogwarts but her cousins choice of friends is making her think he might be a little crazy. As the years go on Scorpius sta...
24.4K 741 15
Rose Weasley, the daughter of the famous Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, is starting her seventh and final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft an...
727K 22.5K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
30.9K 767 21
How could a Slytherin, and Draco Malfoy of all people, possibly fall for a weak Hufflepuff? And what will he do when he finds out her dark secret? Ye...