The Right Kind of Wrong (4)

Chapter Four 

He was insufferable! Rose thought, fuming as she headed for the Library. 

He had clearly started this whole thing years ago. He had approached her, not the either way around. So how dare he walk away from something he had started? 

Rose sighed as she entered the Library, heading back to her table. Yes, her table. The one pretty much all the way in the back and next to the window that had a view of the lake. She set her bag down, rather roughly, before plopping down in the chair closest to the window. She glared as she pulled her Potions materials out, a quill, parchment, and ink. She took a deep breath, opening her Potions book. 

Rose was still muttering to herself about the prat. Why did he rile her up so much? Other people annoyed her to no end as well, but he just made her even more so than any one. He was able to get under her skin in just the matter of seconds. It infuriated her. 

Rose took a deep breath, hoping to clear her mind of the thoughts of him. With a sigh, she began to read and scribble down notes, her quill the only sound the pierced the silence. Maybe, just maybe, now she could get some work done. 

* * * * * 

Scorpius yawned. He really wanted to sleep. 

Goyle woke him up early. He scowled in tiresomeness. He thought about going to his room. But he changed his mind, thinking about the idea that someone might bother him. So he thought about the place that nobody can disturb him. As he walked, he thought of a place. He sneered. Nobody will surely disturb him there. Nobody will even think that he goes there. 

He made his way to the place. Looking if somebody's following him. He turned around, as he looked in front again, he instantly stopped in startle. Who could make this day worse other than the Potters? 

He smirked. He didn't badger them the way he does with Rose. He doesn't insult them either. It was neutral. The competition between them is simply because of Quidditch. Unlike their fathers. 

"Have you seen Weasle-bee?" Scorpius asked. It was a simple question. He didn't mean to ask it. He just wanted to, somehow, provoke them a little bit. 

* * * * * 

Albus Potter turned as a familiar voice filled his ears. His emerald green eyes rested on Scorpius and they narrowed. Why was he always looking for his cousin? He couldn't help but think that Malfoy had a strange obsession with his favorite cousin, Rose. His arms folded across his chest as an eyebrow made its way into an arch. The nickname Malfoy seemed to have acquired for her irked him. 

"She has a name, Malfoy. And why does it matter to you? Rose has more important things to do than be in your company." 

Then, a small, petite red head stood at that moment. She was a bit shorter than Rose and her red hair fell to her shoulders in straight strands as opposed to Rose's wild curls. 

Lily Potter was known to be a bit of a gossip and right mischievous devil having two older brothers. She had a hand on her hip and a smirk played across her lips. 

"It's obvious, Al...Little Scorpy fancies our Rosie." She said with a giggle. 

* * * * * 

Scorpius smiled devilishly. He cannot help acting as he usually do when talking to the Potters. Anyway, what difference does it make if he talks nice to them? He still doesn’t like them. So he might as well treat them normally, and not treat them especially just because of their family name. 

"Exactly, Potter. It doesn't matter to me if she has a name," said Scorpius. "And last time I check, she's the one who can't get enough of my company," he added gleefully. 

"It's obvious, Al...Little Scorpy fancies our Rosie," Lily Potter suddenly said, giggling. 

Scorpius cursed inwardly. He doesn't fancy Rose. He just can't help nor deny the silent attraction he has for her. In his dictionary, that's not fancy. The smile slowly left Scorpius' face as he turned to the little redhead. 

"Irritating someone is different from fancying someone, Little Redhead." he told Lily Potter, with a raised eyebrow. 

* * * * * 

Albus snorted as he began to laugh. 

Sure, Rose at times had chased after Malfoy but it was always to get in the last say. Al didn't think he ever saw Rose initiate this banter that would go back and forth between the two. No, wait. There had been a few times, mainly having it started off with a downright nasty glare she would throw at Scorpius. But still, Al had been witness in the past to many random beginnings on Scorpius' part. 

"Well then, Malfoy...Why isn't she here or anywhere in sight if she can't get enough of you. Birds who can't get enough of blokes tend to stick around a bit...I don't see Rosie anywhere around. Unless you have already begun your quest so early today and have driven her off." Al said, shrugging. 

Lily arched an eyebrow, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Don't call me 'Little Red.' And either way, Malfoy, you have some type of affinity for her, irritating or not and whether you can admit it or not." Lily said, a look of innocence flooding her face. 

* * * * * 

"Actually," said Scorpius thoughtfully. "She walked away, which you Potters very well know that is a first for her. Too bad you didn't witness the event." He added, not feeling bad at all. "I guess she feared that if she stayed any longer, she would lose the argument." He shrugged. 

He would certainly love to see the reaction from their faces after hearing that. He smirked. As if he'll back down to any argument -- unless, the discussion bores him, of course. 

Just then, he can hear footsteps behind him. He glanced behind, seeing Damon and Goyle walking toward them at the other end of the hallway. He slightly frowned. How can he take a time to sleep off now? He sighed. Oh, well. He can escape whenever he likes. 

"If you're so sure about it, Little Potter," said Scorpius, changing his nickname for Lily Potter at her request. "Prove it, then." He added shrugging as if they were friends, casually having a conversation. But of course, they're not friends. 

End of Chapter Four