The Right Kind of Wrong (8)

Chapter Eight

Albus Potter pulled his Quidditch robes over his lean frame, ruffling up his ever so messy jet black hair. He grabbed his broom from the locker and turned to face the rest of the team, beckoning for them to make their way to the field.

Today would be the last practice available for them to perfect their strategies for the game against Slytherin. He led them out on the field, his sister Lily right behind him. He was quite proud that Lily had joined in the game with the family. She no doubt had inherited their mother's chaser skills. She was light and flighty and a right piece of work on the pitch.

He took off and began practice with a few warm up laps around the pitch before beginning drills with the rest of the team.

A loan figure sat in the stands, watching the practice. She was unmistakably a Weasley, her red hair blowing gently in the breeze. Rose watched as her cousins and fellow housemates practiced. She was rubbish on a broom, much to her father's dissapointment, but that didn't stop her from loving the game and being an avid spectator and supporter of ehr family and housemates. She leaned back in her seat, watching as the Quaffle flew through the air.

* * * * *

The Slytherin Quidditch team walked toward the Quidditch pitch. Scorpius lead the team, he was up front. He had his broom over his shoulder and a smirk across his face. He'd really love to see those Gryffindors' faces when they see that they're not alone in the field. And, he no doubt believed, that Rose will be there somewhere in the stands. She was always there, he noticed. He ran his hand through his hair as they neared the pitch.

"You ready, lads?" asked Scorpius, as they paused at the entrance. He looked at his team players.

The team nodded hungrily. As if they were about to play a real match.

"Listen," warned Scorpius. "We're not here to fight. We're here to provoke them a bit. I don't want anything brutal to happen -- just a run in. Understand?" he asked them. When they nodded, he said. "Good. Goyle, do you have the written permission?"

"Of course," Goyle answered sneeringly. He held out a scroll of parchment in his hands.

Scorpius nodded and said, "Let's go practice, then."

After that last word, they continued to walk in the field. Their green and silver robes were visible. They stood at the center of the field on the ground, watching quietly above until they noticed. And finally, they stopped.

"Care to share the pitch?" asked Scorpius, grinning evilly. He glanced at the stands, and found Rose. Even though she was far away, he briefly gave her a winning smile. And he quickly turned back to the Gryffindor players.

* * * * *

Albus was just about to call the team together to inform them of a new play he had come up with when he glanced down to see the green of the Slytherin robes appear on the pitch. This could not be happening. The Gryffindor Team landed, Albus at the forefront as he approached Scorpius, his emerald eyes flashing dangerously.

"What do you tossers think you're doing? Gryffindor has the pitch for the afternoon, I've had it booked for weeks." He said, crossing his arms over his chest as he glared at the team before him. Lily stood behind her brother, an eyebrow arched.

Rose watched as the Gryffindor team returned to the ground to meet with the Slytherin team. Her eyes rested upon Scorpius in no time. She took in his appearance, which looked just as intriguing if not more in the green robes and Quidditch gear. Rose didn't bother berating herself because Scorpius had then flashed her a smile that wiped her mind clean. She felt frustrated, she did not like how he was able to so easily distract her and make her emotions run wild. Normally Rose was in control of all that, but he was able to undo all that. Rose's eyes narrowed as she stood, trying to not let her true emotions show through her mask.

* * * * *

"Hold your horses, Potter," said Scorpius, gesturing his hand to Goyle for the scroll of parchment, without leaving eye contact with Albus. "We have written permission here. From the Head of Slytherin House," he added, handing the scroll over to Albus Potter.

He looked at every Gryffindor player, loving their reactions. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Rose's figure stand. He sighed. What must she think of him now? He vaguely shook his head. He partly planned her to get mad at him. It's his way of getting attention. If all else continued as he planned, and when she gets angry for this, she has to confront him -- alone. That's his motive. He had to get her alone. And the only way for that to happen, is if he plays his bad boy persona to continuously irritate the Potters. He knows that it will bother Rose most. With her personality, she won't let it go. She will have to confront him.

"We don't mind sharing," Scorpius assured, grinning deviously. "Do we, boys?" He asked his team-mates. There was a grumble of agreement. Scorpius looked at Albus and waited for a reply.

* * * * *

Albus stared down incredulously at the scroll in Malfoy's hand. Eyes narrowed, he grabbed the scroll and unrolled it to read it for himself. It was true, they had written permission. But there were plenty of other times they could have used it, other open slots. Al knew what Malfoy was trying to do as he shoved the scroll back at Scorpius. His green eyes bore into Scorpius' as he tried to bite back the words that he knew that he wanted to hear. Albus thought carefully about how to react. Should he satisfy Scorpius so he didn't think he was on to his little tactic? Or keep his cool and confuse the pants off of him? Albus forced a smile upon his face, which screwed his features up in a way.

"Hey, no problem. We'll be fine." Al said as he turned back to his team, obviously this was killing him. He looked apologetically at his team, his face as soon as he turned, falling into the usual livid face of Albus Potter.

Rose watched the confrontation, seeing the livid face upon Albus as he turned. She wouldn't hear the end of it tonight at dinner. Rose crossed her arms over her chest as she watched Scorpius as a devious grin over came his features. Oddly enough, she found it quite attractive.

Frowning, Rose watched as the Gryffindor team took to the air again, sighing in relief there wasn't going to be any arguments it looked like. It was unlike Al to just turn the cheek, something new that Malfoy would definitely not like. Rose smirked as she turned her gaze to Scorpius, waiting to see his reaction.

* * * * *

Scorpius raised an eyebrow. He was half expecting the Potter to agree on sharing the pitch. Guess he wasn't wrong to think that way. It's in the Potter's blood not to give up, after all. He shrugged.

This will be interesting, he thought.

"I wonder where's James Potter?" he asked thoughtfully. He looked at every one in the Gryffindor players, he wasn't there. Hmmmm..

He turned to the rest of the team as the Gryffindors flew up in the air. He tilted his head. He smiled. And it was undeniably devious. He thought about it in his head for a few seconds and he has decided. Besides, he wouldn't deprive his team the pleasure of playing with the Gryffindors -- without rules, considering that it's just a practice.

"Well, they've obviously agreed to share with us," said Scorpius, shrugging. "And I haven't given you instructions on what to do if ever they agree. So here it is..." he paused and looked around. He saw Rose, smirking. That's a challenge for him. Does she think that he'll be afraid of Albus Potter? He chuckled. He turned to his team. "Remember what I said on not being brutal? That was before. This is now. Don't give it your best. Save it for the real match. For now, let's just show them how we practice."

Scorpius mounted his broom. The others did the same. Before taking off, he glanced over his shoulder and said, "Keep in mind: there are no rules. Just have fun, this is practice, after all." His grin was crooked. So are the rest of the team's. And they went airborne.

They were certainly going to enjoy themselves. What more fun is there? They can play barbarically without getting a foul. After all, this is just practice. There are no rules.

"Mind if we play against each other, Potter?" asked Scorpius. "There's no better way to train ourselves than play together. Surely, you wouldn't refuse an opportunity to train your team better? Which makes me wonder... Where's your dear old brother?" he asked mockingly. "Because truthfully, you're not much of a challenge," he added, shrugging.

End of Chapter Eight