The Other Gilbert (The Vampir...

By DeanCasLove

Mystic Falls. A place where the dead are living, and the living are just as good as dead. Love for the small... More

Chapter 1: Nothing Bad Ever Happens In Mystic Falls
Chapter 2: Night of the Comet
Chapter 4: Friday Night Bites
Chapter 5: Founder's Party
Chapter 6: She Knows
Chapter 7: Death by Dark
Chapter 8: Halloween
Chapter 9: In My Mind
Chapter 10: Decisions, Decisions
Chapter 11: Welcome to Georgia
Chapter 12: The Decade Dance
Chapter 13: Team Roxanne
Chapter 14: The Tomb
Chapter 15: Founder Fundraiser
Chapter 16: The Truth
Chapter 17: The Blood Comes Out
Chapter 18: Under Control
Chapter 19: Miss Mystic Falls
Chapter 20: Brotherhood
Chapter 21: Isobel and Charlotte
Chapter 22: Founder's Day

Chapter 3: Pre-Game Chills

19.1K 316 24
By DeanCasLove

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 3: Pre-Game Chills

Dear Diary,

I really don't know where to begin. It's crazy right? I'm going crazy right? I can't believe in vampires, it's just unnatural. Stefan and Damon Salvatore aren't normal people in my eyes anymore. I can't imagine what it's going to be like if the town finds out. But now it's my job to protect both Salvatore's even if we have our differences. Stefan and Elena have been going strong ever since the night of the comet. Damon hasn't been around much either, but I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm worried about Caroline though. She's been acting very strange around all of us. What if Damon did something to her and now he's hiding so nobody can find him, that nobody being me in particular. Damon should think before touching my friends, because now he has to face my wrath. So once I find out if he hurt her, I'll make it hell on earth for him, maybe calling in Stefan for some back up.

Anyway, today is cheer practice for Elena, and after not going to cheer camp this summer, I don't really know where she stands. But Stefan on the other had is going to try getting on the football team, which he's excited about, but he hasn't told Elena yet. I just hope he'll be ok, since Tyler and him haven't got along that great and Ty's kinda the captain. So I'm going to go watch them practice just to make sure he'll be alright. So I guess that's all, until next time...

I was sitting on my bed before school today wondering what the day would bring. Either I'd have to crush Damon, or well crush Damon. I don't really have a choice, he's not worth trusting. Elena was in the bathroom doing her hair and makeup after a long restless night. We've both had some pretty weird dreams. I stood up from my bed and walking in front of the mirror. I left my hair straight today, but pinned my bangs to the side of my hair. I was wearing a white rag and bone shirt, J brand blue skinny jeans, brown knee high heeled boots, and my black leather jacket to top it all off. I grabbed my black shoulder bag and headed downstairs. Jenna wasn't in the kitchen this morning, we'd have to fend for ourselves because she'd already gone to her college campus. Jeremy and Elena practically walked into the kitchen at the same time.

"I'm going to skip breakfast today guys, I have to go do something before school." I sighed grabbing a container to but my coffee in to go.

"Meet at The Grill after school, Caroline wants to plan what we're doing Friday before the game." Elena sighed.

"Ok." I nodded walking to the front door. "And Jer, try please for the sake of everyone, to stay out of trouble."

"Yeah, Whatever Roxanne." He sighed watching me walk out the door.

I got into my car and drove down to the boarding house. Stefan's light in his room was still on so he's still home, but I wasn't here for him. I needed to talk with Damon, we had to pretend like I was on his side to help find Katherine. I slammed the door to my car and walked up to the door. I hadn't been inside the house but Stefan told me I'm not missing much, but I beg to differ. I rang the little bell by the side of the door and immediately the door opened, but nobody was behind it. I walked inside and looked around. The house was huge and so beautiful. I walked into this big room that looked like it could actually be a library, there were literally books every where. I ran my fingers across the books, there must of been a billion of them. I heard a noise come from behind me and came face to face with Damon.

"I see you've let yourself in." He smiled sarcastically. I barely payed any attention to him because all I could see were his abs.

"Uh, yeah... The door just kind of opened and yeah..." I nodded trying to snap out of it.

"Stefan's in his room, probably grooming his hair... I can take you up there if you'd like." He nodded.

"Actually Damon, I came to talk to you... Ya know.. About that one thing.." I tried acting secretive but it's hard when Stefan could be listening in.

"Oh, so you've decided to cooperate and be helpful for once? Wow Roxanne..." He laughed.

"I'm being serious Damon. Whatever you need me to do. As long as it gets you out of Mystic Falls faster." I muttered.

"Ok, I've got a job for you." He smiled deviously. "I need you to get witchy ready to do the spell. Talk to her old lady and get her to start practicing."

"I thought we were clear that I wanted Bonnie out of this?" I glared at him. "Either you back off of Bonnie and find a new witch or I'll tell Stefan.

"Ugh. You and Katherine should of been sisters, always getting what you want." He rolled his eyes. "Hello brother, spying much?"

"Roxanne, what are you doing here?" Stefan asked like he didn't know a thing. He watched Damon carefully.

"Maybe your not the only brother Roxanne likes, Stefan." Damon smiled.

"Yeah, ok." Stefan nodded. "Roxanne do you wanna head out now?"

"Yeah, I'm right behind you." I nodded watching him leave the room. "Could you be any more obvious? You wanna make this work? Then don't let Stefan think you found a new partner in crime."

"Oh whatever, you liked it." He rolled his eyes. "The thing that doesn't make you like Katherine is that you actually care."

"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment, I mean you practically are matching me up to her any way." I growled.

"Trust me, it was a compliment.. I mean I guess you deserve it. I mean I saw you checking me out, and that's even better then a compliment." He grinned.

"Oh god.." I sighed humiliated. "I'm not interested Damon. Tyler's my boyfriend, just stay away from that. We're partners nothing more."

"Meet me here after school, we have things to discuss while my brother isn't eavesdropping." He smiled ignoring what I'd just told him.

"I can't..." I muttered, but when he gave me that Damon look I just had to change my mind. "Ok fine, but your driving me to Stefan's football practice."

"That can be arranged." He smiled deviously. "But you seriously can't think they'll let him play. I'm sure Lockwood won't stand it."

"Goodbye Damon." I groaned walking to the door. "By the way Damon, never under estimate Stefan. He's been on Ty's good side lately. They'll make room."

Damon looked at me irritated before I walked out to my car. Stefan had taken over the drivers side so I guess I could just relax the ride there. Stefan heard everything Damon and I talked about. Which explains the dead silence in the car. I'm worried that Stefan might actually believe Damon can bring Katherine back. I'm going to find whatever Damon's looking for and I'm going to burn it. Nobody needs a third duplicate of the same person. Stefan's still trying to figure the whole look a like thing with Katherine, but we've hit a obstacle. According to Damon, Katherine burned all her old family history books. So all Stefan would do now is read everything from journal's to website articles. Stefan read something in the Gilbert Journal about a Dopplegänger; a duplicate of another person. I don't know what it has to do with anything, but it's a lead to something.

"Stefan... Watch Damon for me would you. He's acting strange around me." I sighed looking out the window.

"That's because he's Damon. He eyes something and doesn't care what happens to any one as long as he gets it." He replied easily.

"Are you sure his humanity is still off?" I asked for the fifth time in the past two days.

"I don't know any more Roxanne. Maybe it was never off in the first place. Maybe he's been playing us the whole time." Stefan sighed.

"I don't like it Stefan. Just make sure he stays away from Tyler, and for some reason he keeps targeting Bonnie. So I'm going to take care of her this week." I nodded.

"I've got your back Rox, don't think about Damon right now. He's getting under your skin." Stefan shrugged.

"Like it's so easy." I sighed as we parked in the school parking lot.

"Just let me handle it, and don't let him get to you." He nodded once we were out of the car. "By the way, I got you this necklace, it should protect you from any compulsion."

"Thanks Stef." I smiled taking it from his hands. It was just a heart shaped locket, but it was perfect to wear with anything.

"I'm giving Elena hers at the game on Friday we just have to keep her away from Damon before then." He half whispered. "I'll get you more when I can."

"Really Stefan. Thank you so much." I smiled giving him a friendly hug so nobody around us would say something to Elena. "I'll see you in first period."

"Bye Roxanne." He smiled a little throwing me the keys to my car. "Don't let him get to you."

I smiled and put on the vervain necklace. Now if Damon wanted to get something from me he couldn't. Stefan got it just in time, I'm nervous to talk to Damon alone. I watched Stefan walk over to Elena and Bonnie and Elena gave him a kiss really quickly. I loved that they were together, that Stefan would do anything for her. But I'd realized that he'd do anything for me too. I couldn't admit that I liked Stefan, or even maybe Damon. I did not want to get involved with vampires, but I have a feeling Damon's not going to stop. So I either have to work around it or give in to it. I still loved Tyler, but if I could get rid of Damon... I was shaken from my thoughts after watching Tyler pass by Stefan, walking towards me. I needed to do something to get my mind off Damon.

"Roxanne!" Tyler smiled running up to me. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him in to kiss me. "What was that for?"

"I don't know, I just miss seeing you that's all." I sigh wrapping my arms around his waist in a hug.

"Come to my practice after school and then we can hangout at my house after." He suggested. "My parents are out of town this week."

"Ok." I nodded with a smile. "I'm sorry I haven't been around much Ty, I'm going to change that."

"It's alright Rox, now let me walk you to class." He smiled taking my hand in his. We started walking inside together.

"I love you Ty, don't forget that." I smiled as we stood at the door to my first period.

"I love you too." He smiled kissing my lips again today which felt perfect. Tyler was all I could ask for, Damon wouldn't get in the way. "I've gotta go, I'll see you third period."

I waved as he walked down the hall to his class. I walked inside my classroom and almost everyone was in there seats. I sat down in my regular spot next to Stefan and Caroline. But I hadn't seen Caroline all day and she wasn't in her seat. Our teacher still wasn't in the classroom so I'd decided to text Caroline. No reply came, and usually Caroline is on top of that. I looked at Stefan who was trying to figure out why I was so worried. I typed in my phone that Caroline had been MIA since yesterday. He read it over and over. He raised his hand to be excused to the bathroom, but I knew he was using his vamp speed to check her house. He took about 5 minutes and was back in his seat typing something to me on his phone. I read the note that said, "Damon's with Caroline. He's compelling her to forget, but we need to do something." I nodded in agreement just as my name and Tyler's name were called down to the principals office. I got up and waited for Tyler so we could walk down there together.

"What's going on?" I asked as he walked out of his classroom.

"Looks like we're going to find out." He sighed taking my hand in his. "It'll be ok, I'll take care of it."

"Ty." I sighed as we walked into the waiting room. We were almost immediately called in.

"Mr. Lockwood, Ms. Gilbert, please take a seat." He nodded to the two seats in front of his desk. "So it's come to my attention that somebody vandalized the school last night, and we got a tip that you had something to do with it Tyler."

"What? I wasn't even here. I skipped football practice to take my parents to the airport." Tyler raised his voice.

"I understand that's your story, but until I can get ahold of your parents I need you to go home." The principal replied. "Now please wait outside so I can talk to Ms. Gilbert."

Tyler got up madly and slammed the door behind him. I looked back at our principal, "Sorry, but why am I here?"

"I need you to take the day off, you'll be excused from all homework today. I just need you to see if you can get anything out of him." He replied.

"Tyler didn't do it. I'll prove it to you. He's not like that anymore." I shook my head and stood up to leave the room.

"What did he say to you?" Tyler asked as I walked out of the room. I grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the office. "Roxanne say something!"

"I'm taking you home. Let's go." I said walking to the school entrance with Tyler trailing right behind.

"Why? I didn't do anything!" He sighed catching up to me by my car. "You believe me don't you?"

"I need you to go home. Don't do anything else. I'll meet you there and we'll talk. I believe you Ty, but we need to figure out who would do it to you." I sighed. "Ok?"

"I'm sorry." He sighed.

"Don't be. You didn't do it. I'll meet you at your house. Stay calm." I nodded kissing him softly.

"Ok." He nodded backing away to go find his car. I got inside my car and shut the door.

"Aw how cute." Damon's voice came from the passenger side scaring the crap out of me.

"Damon what the hell?" I gasped scared out of my mind. "What are you doing here?"

"I knew you were coming to see me, I just thought I'd make it easier for you." He smiled.

"You set Tyler up didn't you?" I replied starting my car. "You just had to do something to make me mad."

"Ugh I got bored I needed something to keep me from killing anyone." He groaned. "Relax, he won't get in trouble."

"What is your deal with me? Why are you so bent on ruining my relationship with Tyler?" I asked angrily.

"That's for me to know and you to never find out." He whispered before getting out of my car.

"Damon!" I yelled shutting off my car and getting out to go to his side.

"What Roxanne?" He groaned turning to face me. "I need to start planning the next step to getting Katherine back."

"Do you really want her back? Katherine?" I asked nervously at how close we were.

"Isn't that what you want? So after I get her back I'm out of Mystic Falls for good?" He asked challengingly. "I could always stay a while..."

"Call the principal after school, tell him it was misunderstanding. Your just two steps away from me telling Stefan." I growled.

"Then maybe I'll just have to kill you." He whispered walking behind me slowly. "Or turn you, to make Stefan mad if I don't get what I want."

"You wouldn't do anything to hurt me... Because I look like her, I look like the love of your life." I replied turning to look at him but he'd disappeared.

So much for getting the truth out of him. But for a certain reason I had a feeling it was true. Usually when Damon's nervous he'll say something to discourage what you've asked him. So if anything happens to me or Elena I have a feeling he'll do something about it. Maybe it was just the fact that I'm getting close to him and we could potentially be friends. I got inside my car and started it back up. Every minute I was in the car I was thinking about Damon. I didn't like Damon, he was under my skin like Stefan said. I pulled into the Lockwood's driveway and parked my car. Tyler's car was in the driveway which meant he followed my orders. I walked up the steps and knocked on the door. I could hear Tyler from the inside. When the door opened he looked so relieved. He came out and gave me a huge hug.

"I thought you were right behind me. What took you so long?" He said holding me tightly.

"I had an encounter with Stefan's older brother, Damon... He was just asking about how Stefan was doing in school." I lied.

"I made some breakfast if your hungry." He said pulling me inside. "I know you probably didn't eat this morning."

"You know me so well Ty." I smiled kissing him softly. "So how are your parents, I haven't seen them in a few weeks."

"They're fine, just out on business which means we don't have to worry about this." He smiled backing me into a wall so we could kiss again.

"So about that breakfast." I smiled making him groan.

We ate breakfast in his big dining room where they usually have dinner party's. I've only been to like a thousand of them. He'd made eggs, bacon, and hash browns all my favorites. I've never complained about being his girlfriend because there's really nothing to complain about. Tyler is amazing, more then that actually. He cares about me just as much as I care about him. We're taking it slow so we don't get caught up in the moment. After we ate we stayed in the living room for a little bit. We had the TV on but we just talked about what's been going on. He still gets to go to practice tonight so that means I get to stay here and search his room. I'm kidding I really wouldn't. I actually have to go talk to Damon again, but I can't let Tyler know. So I'm planning on getting back here before Tyler's home. I stood up from the couch where Tyler had his arm around me. I needed to use the bathroom so I did. When I got back out Tyler was waiting by the door.

"So what's next on our agenda of nothing to do today?" He asked with a smile.

"Well we are alone in this big house." I shrugged just as the door bell rang. "And then the moment was ruined."

"I'll meet you upstairs." He nodded. I smiled and walked up to his room. It was about ten minutes later when he showed back up.

"Is everything alright Ty?" I asked standing up from his bed. "Who was at the door?"

"Nobody." He replied shaking his head. "Roxanne where'd you get your necklace?"

"Who was at the door Tyler?" I replied looking into his eyes that seemed emotionless.

"Nobody Roxanne." He replied calmly. "Why did Stefan give you that necklace?"

"We're really doing this right now? Stefan doesn't like me, he likes Elena. He gave it to me as a friend not a boyfriend." I sighed.

"How do I know that your not lying?" Tyler groaned.

"Because your suppose to trust me Tyler! Just like I trusted you with the whole vandalism shit." I yelled. "I'm out of here."

"Roxanne wait." He said coming after me as I ran down the stairs. "I didn't mean to make you mad."

"All you ever think about any more is me and Stefan. Tyler, Why can't you just believe me." I said opening the front door. He looked at me with a I don't know what to say face. "Goodbye Tyler."

I walked down to my car and got in. I started to cry but it was out of anger. I started to slam my hands on the steering wheel cursing at it. Tyler wasn't being himself. He's never been like that... But why wouldn't he tell me who was at the door... Or what was at the door. I started my car and drove over to the school. It was almost noon and I needed to talk to Stefan. I got out of my car and walked to the lunch room where I saw Stefan just about to walk inside.

"Stefan!" I called as he turned around to see me. "Can we talk?"

"Yeah, of course." He nodded leading me to the library where nobody was at during lunch period. "Are you alright? What happened with Tyler?"

"That's what I needed to talk to you about." I sniffled whipping a tear from my eye. "I don't know if it's out of hate or it's just Damon, but he's trying to mess with Tyler and I."

"What do you mean?" Stefan asked because I hadn't talked to him since I'd left first period.

"Tyler thinks there's something going on between us. Somebody came to his door and when he came back he started asking about the necklace." I sighed.

"And you think it's Damon." Stefan nodded in response. "And now Tyler believes whatever Damon said."

"I don't know what to do Stefan. Tyler and I haven't fought about something like this in so long.." I sighed putting my head on the desk.

"I know I say I'm handling it, but Roxanne.... Even if Damon says he wants Katherine back. I think it's just a distraction..." Stefan replied calmingly.

"You said you wouldn't tell Stefan." He growled as his face began to change and his fangs started to come out.

"You said you wouldn't hurt my friends!" I cried as Stefan stood in front of me in protection.

"Damon stop." Stefan warned. "You don't want to hurt her. She doesn't want you to hurt her."

"I thought you were different. I thought I could trust you to keep this from Stefan." Damon replied as his face turned back to it's normal self.

"I can't help you Damon. Bringing Katherine back would be a mistake." I shook my head walking around to stand in front of Stefan. "If you want me to forget everything, do it."

"No." He shook his head. "I'm not going to make you forget this, I'm going to make you suffer for everything you've done."

"Roxanne." Stefan said bringing me into a hug as Damon ran out of the room at vampire speed.

"I don't want to feel like this Stefan, every day living my life in misery." I cried holding on to him tightly.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered stroking my hair.

"You don't have to feel sorry for me Stefan. It's my fault I told you, I just didn't want to keep you out of the loop." I shook my head.

"No, I need to feel sorry, because it's my fault that all this happened, all because I came back to Mystic Falls." He responded.

"You were right to come back Stefan. We needed you and you were there for us. You were there for me..." I smiled slightly. "You were just the right thing everyone needed."

"It's because you trusted me. You didn't run away from me, you didn't tell anybody." He smiled back.

"I like the person on the inside, because that's who you truly are Stefan... You choose to be the old you while Damon chooses to be the part of him that is controlled by his inner demons." I sighed.

"I'll talk to Tyler for you Rox. But I can't do it with Damon. If you really think he's worth saving that's up to you." Stefan shrugged.

"Thanks Stef, I'll see you later." I nodded and walked back out to leave the school. I pulled my diary out of my bag and started writing in it.

Dear Diary,

I screwed up. I made a promise that I didn't keep and now I'm paying for it. Damon is so hell bent on getting Katherine back and I don't understand why. He didn't want Stefan to know what he was doing but I told him any way. I didn't want Damon to bring her back, it could endanger Mystic Falls. Now that I know Katherine looked exactly like me, I really can't know for sure if she'll stay in Mystic Falls and mess with our lives. Now Damon might never trust me again. He'll make me pay for it too. I still don't understand why he wants her back. I mean what if she goes right back to Stefan instead. All I know is that I'm not forgiving him any time soon. Stefan said Tyler's coming around all thanks to compulsion. I just wish it was strong enough to take away all the memories I have of Damon. I can't live like this for much longer, especially if Damon's going to be here annoying me 24/7. The things we have to worry about now, are Caroline and Bonnie. If we can get to Damon through one of them it may work. I just hope Stefan figures out something before Damon opens that tomb. Katherine will NOT be coming out any time soon.... Not if I have anything to do with it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 17.6K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
17.7K 394 28
This is the sequel to "Isabella Benson." a love story between a vampire; witch hybrid who fell in love with both the Mikaelson brothers. After five y...
37.4K 624 7
Your friend Simon drags you out to find Clary, little did you know it would change your life. [Jace x Reader]
11.1K 1K 56
Shin abinda nayi zan samu sassaucin allah kuwa bare na iyayena,wanda sun yi alkwarin duk wanda yayi mua'amala dani bashi basu. Taya zan tunkaresu bar...