Changed Fate

By esoteric918

Emily is a mother of triplets with an upcoming first birthday! She couldn't have been busier if she tried. Th... More

Changed Fate
Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Author's note
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten - uneditted
Chapter Eleven -- uneditted
Chapter Twelve - uneditted
Chapter Thirteen --unedited
Chapter Fourteen - unedited
Chapter Fifteen uneditted
Chapter Sixteen - uneditted
Chapter Seventeen -- Uneditted--
Chapter Eighteen - uneditted
Chapter Nineteen - uneditted
Chapter Twenty (Uneditted)
Chapter Twenty-One (Unedited)
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five - uneditted
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter twenty-eight

Chapter One

156K 4.4K 618
By esoteric918

Thanks to XXaashiXX for this picture!

One week until triplet's 1st birthday

My phone rang right when I got the triple terrors asleep. Panic shot through me. If they woke up, there would be chaos in this house for the rest of the day.

I rushed to answer it. "Hello?"

"I need you to come to the house." It was Finn.

"Well, I just got the babies to sleep," I stated matter-of-factly. There was no way I was going to risk moving them when they had just laid down.

He sighed. "Alright, then I'll be stopping by in a few minutes."

He knew I wouldn't wake them up to bring them to his house on such short notice. The first time he made that request, he was stunned that I hadn't done what I wanted him to do.

I looked into the mirror and saw how much of a mess I was. I hadn't seen Finn in a while; my belly had grown since I last saw him. At almost 6 months pregnant, they were going to know.

"Alright." I hung up.

I quickly hopped in the shower, put my hair in a quick braid, got dressed into something that was not sweats and did a quick makeup job.

When I walked into the living room, Finn and Philip were walking in.

I smiled. "Hi guys. Don't forget the babies are sleeping."

The both nodded without taking one look at me and went back to the nursery. Even though they were here to talk to me about something, I knew they were going to stop by and peek at the babies. I sat down on the couch to help conceal my swollen belly. They came back into the living room with smiles on their faces.

Finn sat down next to his son on the sofa, leaving me in the loveseat alone. "Mikko will be coming home soon. He'll be bringing the alpha and his top three with him."

I shrugged. "So what? I have to meet them?"

He nodded. "Alpha Jerry informed me that you knew one of the top three while he was still human in your old pack." He paused a moment. I couldn't think of anyone who fit that description. "His name is Jeremy Jones."

 "JJ used to be my boyfriend." I couldn't resist smiling. My memories of JJ were all good ones. "We broke up because he left to become a werewolf."

 "Well, Jeremy is beta of that pack, the youngest in their history to hold such a high position. We're hoping that you might be able to ease some of the tension."

"How would I do that?"

Philip smiled. "You're a wonderful charmer."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't have the time to sweet talk someone into agreeing with the huge pack idea. I have three babies and their birthday party to plan."

"The sooner we can get them on board, the sooner Mikko will be home," Finn offered.

I wanted him back just for his kids. I was perfectly fine not living with him, but I wanted my kids to see more of their father. "Are they an important piece of your puzzle?"

"If we're all going to be civil, this needs to happen. If playing politics with the wolves doesn't work, I'll just have to make them all do what I say the bloody way."

"And that would just keep Mikko away." He just nodded. "Fine, I'll make JJ play nice." I submitted to my fate. I knew Finn would make me do it anyway. He was very good at convincing people to do things.

Finn's phone started to ring, so he got up and walked out of the house.

Philip smiled. "How are the babies?"

I scoffed. As if he didn't know. "Still a handful. I have to cage them all in or else they'll be wandering all over the house."

"You know you can call any of us if you need help right?"

I nodded. "Madeline comes over around dinner usually. She helps me get them all to bed."

"Good. Mikko doesn't want you to have to do this alone."

I nodded and looked back at Finn, who was walking back into the house. "Mikko's on his way back. They'll be at the airport in an hour."

I sighed. "There's something you two should know... before Mikko gets here."

They looked at each other, then looked at me.

"I'm pregnant... again."

Finn sat on the sofa. "Mikko's not going to take the news that you're having someone else's child well."

I shook my head and looked down, not very proud of this whole situation. "It's Mikko's."

Philip shook his head in disbelief. "Mikko's been gone for months. If you were having his kid, you'd be like seven months pregnant."

I stood and brought my hands over my belly so the shirt hugged the growing baby. "I'm almost six months."

Philip shook his head and looked at Finn. "How does this even happen? He's going to have at least four kids in less than two years. That doesn't happen to werewolves!"

Finn nodded, concerned with what he's just learned. I was slightly surprised that he didn't already know, Finn was usually all knowing. "They're just the right pair to pull it off, I guess."

Philip sighed and sat next to his father. "You've only slept with my brother?"

"Not in my life, but since I conceived the triplets, yes, Mikko's the only one I've slept with."

Finn nodded. "As glad as I am to have another grandchild, you and Mikko shouldn't be in a relationship with each other right now."

I sighed. "We're not in a relationship. It just happened. You try going months without getting laid. I don't think any of you can do that. I know Mikko can't."

Philip sighed. "They can do what they want, dad. It's not her who is messing it all up."

He nodded. "But this will cause problems for us. Mikko is bringing all of them, including the current Alpha's daughter." Philip sighed. "I haven't asked him why she's coming."

I shook my head. "Is that his girlfriend?"

Finn shrugged. "He didn't mention it."

I sighed.

"Did you tell my son he has another child on the way?"

I shook my head. "He hasn't called me, so I haven't called him."

Angry disbelief was the only way I could describe the look on Finn's face. "He doesn't check on his children?"

Philip shook his head. "He calls me."

Finn turned his angry gaze at his son. "You're not the mother of the children. She is. Mikko should be calling her." He shook his head. "I need to run before I pick up Mikko." Then he left Mikko's house.

Philip sighed. "These next few days will be exciting."

I sat down again, a wave of fatigue was enough to leave me drained for hours. "Why do you say that?"

He smirked. "Because if she is his girl, she's not going to be happy you're pregnant with his child."

I shrugged, not caring what Mikko's little whore would think of this situation. "Well, as long as he doesn't bring her here, it'll be our little secret."

"Until there's a party," Philip added.

Sometimes I hated it when he talked.

I groaned. "A party?"

He nodded, amusement lit in his eyes. "If everything goes to plan, there will be a party to celebrate the pack's joining."

"Well, I'm just human; I can stay home with my babies."

He smiled regretfully. "Mikko will want his children there, including the one in your belly. Plus, I doubt you'd trust a bunch of wolves to care for your three babies."

I nodded. "I trust some of you."

He smiled, looking down at my baby bump. "Have you been getting checkups?"

 "Of course, I have a bunch of prenatal vitamins if you're wondering too." I said annoyed. As if I'd risk the health of my child, I thought bitterly.

He nodded. "Good. Do you know what you're having yet?"

I shook my head with a smile. "I want it to be a surprise. Either way I have clothes for a boy or girl."

He looked down when his phone started ringing. "It's Mikko." Then he walked out of the house. "Hello? -- They're sleeping. – If they're awake they will be there. – I'll stay with her until they wake up. – Yeah, we'll bring them to the house. – Bye."

As with my last pregnancy, my hearing was better than it normally was. I was sitting, feeling the baby move, when Philip came back in.

"How long do you think they'll be sleeping?"

I shrugged. "They've been fussy lately, so an hour if I'm lucky."

He nodded. "Mikko wants to see his children. When they wake up and are ready to go, we're supposed to take them to my father's house."

 "Fine. Will I be talking to JJ then?" I pushed myself up so I was sitting on the edge of the couch.

He shrugged. "I'm sure he'll be around."

 "Then I better go get ready. Listen for the babies for me."

He nodded and made himself comfortable on the couch before turning on the TV.

I curled my hair a bit and fixed my makeup to compliment the pastel-pink maternity dress I was going to wear. It did a great job making the baby bump look smaller when I was having the triplets, and I was sure it would do the same now. It fit me tightly around the boob area then flowed. I'd wear it if I wasn't pregnant.

I had a nice pair of white flats that went nicely with the dress. I put on some spandex shorts that were cut high to give me a little support around my belly. Plus it took away an inch or two.

By the time I was dressed, I heard the babies crying. I slipped on my shoes and went to the kitchen. I could hear Philip trying to make the babies happy, but I called them the triple terrors for a reason.

I came in the room with three warm bottles. Soon I'd be facing getting them off the bottle. I truly feared that time.

"Hi my babies." I cooed when I sat the bottles down. I handed bottle to Philip, who had Angelina, the most difficult of the three.

I handed Benjamin a bottle, then I picked up Cassandra and fed her the bottle. Every time I had let her hold her bottle she'd end up choking. Philip put Angelina in the crib and took Cassandra from me.

"Can you do diapers while they eat?"

I nodded. "Of course." I grabbed Benjamin. He was easily growing the fastest. I picked him up. "Time to change you so we can go see your daddy."

He smiled. "Yay!" I put him on the changing table. He stood, holding on to me while I stripped him of his pajamas.

"Give mommy your bottle." He made a whining sound. "You can have it back after I change your stinky butt." I took it out of his hands. He fussed a little. I put him in a new diaper, then put him in the crib.

When they were all finished eating, I got them dressed. Angelina caused a fuss when I took her bottle away. But I managed to change her and put her in the crib before getting Cassandra from Philip.

Philip left the room when his phone rang again.

My guess was that Mikko was at Finn's waiting for the babies.

I was cleaning the babies up from the milk that spilt all over them when Philip came back. "Almost ready?"

I nodded. "Just need to get them in some clothes." I used a happy tone to make my babies smile.

It was another thirty minutes until we got the babies dressed and in the car.

"You should change. It's probably going to be raining before we come back." I groaned. "You're going to be freezing."

"Fine," I said as I headed back into the house. I put on a pair of low rise skinny jeans (They were a size too big) and put on a gray sweater that draped enough to conceal the baby.

"Better," Philip commented as I got into the passenger side of the SUV. Philip drove since I was already tired. Usually I sleep during their nap, but not today since Finn and Philip came over.

There were a lot of cars at Finn's house, so I could easily assume that Mikko was in the house, waiting for his kids. I grabbed Cassandra while Philip grabbed Benjamin and Angelina. It was quiet when we walked into the house.

Philip listened for a second, then looked at me. "Sounds like they're in the study."

I nodded. "Lead the way."

"Are you going to be okay with the stairs?"

"Yeah, my balance may be off, but I'll take it slow."

He nodded. "You go first. All I need you to do is fall back while I'm watching you."

I sighed, then started up the stairs.  I walked up to the second floor, I let Philip pass me. I wanted him to walk in first, that way I can sit down before Mikko even notices me.

It worked like a charm. All the attention was on the two Philip was carrying. The only one who noticed me and Cassandra was Finn.

I was sitting on the couch, making Cassandra stand and balance herself. She was doing a very good job when Mikko came and scooped her up. She started laughing so loud it was more a scream. Her legs were kicking wildly. She made me smile.

Then he turned his attention back to the group... without saying anything to me.

Nice to see you too, I said spitefully in my head.

 I had gotten the babies here, now my job was apparently over.  I was about to leave the room when I noticed a woman holding Benjamin. I leaned against the wall, watching my son. Many people misjudge this ceiling. All I needed was her to bang his head on the ceiling.

When she positioned him to throw him up in the air, I knew this wasn't going to end well. Benjamin's a big momma's boy when he's hurt. I sighed when his tiny head grazed the ceiling. He started screaming like his arm fell off. The woman looked scared.

Everyone in the room heard his head hit the ceiling.

I took my crying son from her hands and carried him out of the room while she repented. I bounced up and down, telling him he's okay. He just kept crying. I took him into one of the bathrooms and put him on the counter. There was a small scratch on the back of his head. It had already stopped bleeding.

I kissed it. "There, it's all better." I still wasn't off the hook. He crawled back up into my arms and rested his head on my shoulder, sniffling.

I rested my head against his and closed my eyes, gently swaying side to side. When I heard a camera shutter go, I looked over. It was Mikko; he put his phone back in his pocket.

I forced a small smile. "What's up?"

"Nothing," he said as he walked over. "Just came to check on the boy."

Ben looked over at his dad with a smile.

"He's just being sensitive because he just woke up from his nap."

"I smell cold's coming on. I'll call Jared later."

"That's not all you should smell coming." I said softly, not sure if I wanted him to hear me.

He took a deep breath and leaned towards Ben. "All I smell is a cold."

Then he froze.

He took a step closer to me and came very close to my neck, where he breathed deeply again. "Are you kidding me?" He put his hand on my swollen belly. "Whose is it?" he asked angrily.

"Yours."

He shook his head. "I've been gone for 6 months."

"I'm due in July."

He continued shaking his head. "I couldn't have gotten you pregnant again."

I adjusted Ben. "Well, you did."

He sighed. "The chances that I got you pregnant are impossibly low. There's no way." I knew the odds. He was right, it shouldn't have happened but it did.

I shrugged. "What do you want me to say? I'm not the one who sleeps around. No one wants to sleep with me. I had your kids, and my body is still fucked up from the triplets."

"oooooooo," Ben said with a smile. He knew what bad words were.

I kissed his forehead. "Sorry for saying a bad word, Bennie. Can I have a kiss?"

He gave me a kiss before reaching towards Mikko. Mikko took Ben then walked out of the room.

I walked down the many stairs, then out of the house. I needed to be alone. I was enjoying my solitude until my phone started ringing. The only reason I answered it was because it was Nikki.

"Hey preggers. How goes the triplet's birthday planning?"

"I haven't done anything," I said defeated. In a perfect world I'd have every single detail already figured out. This was all just too much to do alone.

"What's wrong? You sound depressed."

I took a deep unsteady breath. "I'm tired of being alone Nikki." I sat on a big rock. "You're supposed to have babies with someone who loves you."

Nikki sighed. "I'll be there in a few hours. I'm packing a bag then I'm on my way. You're not alone Emily. There are lots of people who love you."

I shook my head. I didn't believe her. "You're not supposed to come for a few days."

"I don't care. I'm on my way. I'll see you in a few hours."

"Alright."

Then she hung up. I knew if I didn't get my butt back to the house soon, Philip would probably be sent to look for me. I stretched then made my way back into the house. As my luck would have it, Abigail was sitting on the sofa, flipping through channels.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 957 54
Kamila is a successful business woman who doesn't have luck with love. After her last breakup, her best friend advised her to get a dog. She adopted...
132K 4.9K 110
Emily and Mike have been best friends since they could walk. Emily is the daughter of the Beta and Mike is the son of the Alpha and they are the same...
37.8K 1.6K 49
Threequel/Third Installment to "Her Wolf Alpha" Began 26Oct2018 Amelia's firstborn son struggles with his place in the pack as he and his half-brothe...
697 15 15
This is my third story I'm writing. Hope u like it. One life, all werewolves. What will Zoey encounter when she goes to the Mating Ceremony. Two yea...