Chapter Eleven -- uneditted

To show that I haven't given up on the story, I've written a small chapter

To show that I haven't given up on the story, I've written a small chapter. Most of my updates will be slow coming and they will be shorter than you all are used to. I'm trying to get back into gear. Thanks for sticking with me and I hope it's an ok chapter. And thank you LifeGoesOn31 for the picture. =)

I was tired, but the day had been slow. The babies were playing with their toys on the ground with Nikki watching over them. It was peaceful, so I was just lying there, resting. They had kept me up for a good portion of the night.

I heard the front door open and close, but I didn't have the energy to look up at whoever it was.

I recognized his footsteps as he walked into the house. "There's a party to encourage the blending of the packs tonight," Mikko said as he sat down on the floor with the kids.

I was feeling especially exhausted, so I didn't move from my lounging position on the couch. There was no way I would be doing anything. I had a hard time sleeping. The babies on the floor were moving around too quickly these days and the baby in my belly would not stop moving to give me an hour's worth of sleep.

I just shrugged. I wasn't going to commit to anything.

Mikko smirked when Ben knocked a block out of Angie's hand. She threw a pouting look at her brother before leaning against him and making him fall onto his side. Luckily they were all on their butts, so I wasn't worried. They would finish their fighting eventually.

"What's the party for?" Nikki asked from the kitchen. She was getting me some tea in the hopes that it would soothe me. I didn't think it would work. It was the baby that was causing the ruckus.

"It's showing the pack that they can get along with us without any fear. To make the pack want to join with us and sway their alpha." Mikko never took his eyes off of the kids.

The baby stretched up into my stomach and made me wince. Mikko's eye flickered over to me before he crawled, stalked rather, from the way he moved. It was like he thought he was in his wolf's skin. He put his hand on the side of my stomach and the baby moved toward the warmth of his hand. Then the baby rested.

I sighed in relief. It was nice and reassuring to feel the baby move, but I needed a break.

Nikki started saying something again, but I didn't hear it before I was asleep

---

I felt very well rested when I woke up. It felt like I had caught up on all of my sleep. I felt contented until I started stretching. This wasn't my bed.

I opened my eyes and looked around. It was Mikko's.

I sighed when I got up. I knew there was a theory going around that the pregnant women sleep better around the scents of their mates, but Mikko was nowhere near to being my mate.

I swiveled my feet out of the bed and sat there for a minute. The baby started moving again. I smiled and ran my hands over the bump. I couldn't complain about being pregnant again. I would never be pregnant again because I was going to change after I had this baby. I was determined. I wouldn't get pregnant again.