Chapter Sixteen - uneditted

Credit to AmySebastian for this art!

---

I took a long shower. I needed time away from Mikko to calm myself down.

I knew that Mikko knows exactly what he does to me.

"If you don't get out of that shower soon, I might just get in there with you."

I was startled by Mikko's voice, but I knew that he didn't see me jump.

"I'm getting out." I sighed and turned off the warm water. 

I reached out to grab the towel and couldn't find it. I opened up the glass door, getting out some of the fog and clearing it into the room just to find Mikko smiling while holding the towel on his hooked pinky just out of my reaching range. 

"This isn't funny, Mikko," I chastised. 

His grin broadened. "I think it's pretty funny."

"You're not the one standing here cold wet and naked."

His grin took on a more wolfish nature that made it a smirk. "I can make you hot wet and naked."

"Ha," I said without amusement. "Now hand me my towel."

He looked down at the towel, then back at me. "What're you going to give me for it?" 

"I won't give you a black eye." I aimed for sickly sweet. 

"Now that would be something I would want to see." His smirk was pure humor now. A whole range of emotions seemed to be going through Mikko. It was so different than I was used to. Then again, when had I ever really been around Mikko? He was alway around someone, he was always being watched.

"How about I do that when I become a werewolf? I'll punch you right in your over-sized melon."

He took it out on the towel. He flung it over his shoulder. "Now you're going to have to fight me for it."

I sighed. "I thought you wanted to do go on a date with me."

"We are going to go on that date just as soon as you hurry up and get ready."

"I need to dry off and get dressed. You're just being difficult."

He nodded and took a step farther away from the shower. "I know I am, but what're you going to do about it?"

I thought about just pouting, but he was probably expecting that. So I gathered up my courage.

I pushed open the shower door, letting all the condensation out and exposing my body to him. I confidently strode up to him and plucked the shower off of his shoulder, never taking my eyes off of his. I wrapped it around my body and strode over to the mirror. Mikko stayed still until I turned on the hair dryer.