Midnight Murders (A Mansion M...

由 RosieRevenge

Siren and Ciel are back in the second book in my Ciel x OC series along with the other Black Butler cast as a... 更多

Author's Note
New Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Side Story: Valentine
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Side Story: Halloween
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Authors Note

Chapter 11

2.7K 99 41
由 RosieRevenge

11~ That Lady, Investigating

(Siren's POV)

She came through, that's all that mattered. I smiled to myself as I closed the small journal before the door swung open to reveal two soaked figures bound in rope followed by the rest of Ciel's servants. I stood and moved towards Ciel, our hands grazed each other as he turned to look at our unexpected guests, I soon followed suit. From the looks of things they had been out in the rain for quite some time seeing as they were both soaked to the bone. The man, an older looking fellow had a blank stare despite being bound in rope and forced before Ciel and the rest of our guests. The woman next to him was shivering slightly, though it was barely noticeable to the naked eye, her thick brown locks left puddles where she stood and her forest green riding dress looked heavy as it too was soaked from the rain.

My heterochromatic eyes met forest green as I dipped my head in greeting, a small smile gracing my lips at the sight of the woman. She dipped her head in return and winked while Ciel greeted the man, "It's been a long time, Jeremy..."

"What? The Earl knows this old guy?" Lau's tone held mock surprise while Jeremy held an exasperated look, I could see from the corner of my eye that his female companion was giggling.

I rolled my eyes as well, "Christine I doubt that's proper behavior in this situation..." 

"My Lady you know these two as well?" I saw the confusion and suspicion in the other guests eyes as Lau asked this.

"Yes, this is Vicar Jeremy Rathbone and his fiance Christine Moriarty." Ciel introduced while giving brief nods of welcome to the two.

"Well then everyone please call me Jeremy," The man smiled a familiar smile before Christine did the same.

The rain continued to pour outside as the rest of the guests, mainly Arthur, began to question the two, "So Jeremy, you are a priest?"

"You expect us to believe such a suspicious character!? These people don't have any alibi to speak of! The murderers have to be them!"

"Now hold on Sir!" Christine rolled her eyes as a very Southern American accent broke through her frustration, "Y'all got it all wrong!" Her piercing eyes focused on the rings on Mr. Woodley's fingers, "There isn't a need to spout such nonsense just 'cause a killer is scaring ya' stiff Mr. Woodley."

"H-How do you know my name?"

Jeremy spoke up from Christine's side, "Well with those luxurious rings adorning your fingers it's blatantly obvious who you are. With a diamond that large..."

"Don't forget the way it's cut Jeremy," Christine cut in with a lilting tone.

"As well as the fact that it requires only the latest of polishing machines, the "round brilliant cut"  It's a rare item not even on the market yet, I heard Daniel Anderson, a London Jeweler, emphasizing that when I went shopping for Christine's ring."

"Not to mention out of all of the Earl's guests, the one most likely wearing that exclusive ring would be President Woodley." Christine concluded before tilting her head slightly, "Why? Were we wrong?"

Woodley looked taken aback at the deduction while Arthur just continued on, "How did you- no, how long have you been here? and for what reason?"

"My, my aren't you full of questions," Christine nodded her head to Bard, "Mind opening that bag?"

Bard set the black bag down before opening it to reveal a snow white owl resting peacefully. The other servants showed surprise at the sight of the owl.

"Earl," Jeremy spoke calmly, "If you would please read the letter attached to its leg?"

I knelt down next to Ciel as he grabbed and read the message. He crushed the paper in his hand before the others could read and looked away almost in anger, "Apparently Sebastian foresaw his death and sent this letter to Jeremy and Christine..."

"Even so, a slip of paper doesn't excuse either of them as a suspect!"

I moved to sit in Ciel's chair while they continued to sort out alibis for our new guests. Jeremy and Christine presented tickets to a show in town with the proper times and dates which seemed to be enough to convince the others of their innocence. Jeremy further proved his ableness while showcasing his deduction skills.

"That's all well and good Jeremy dear, but now that we are in the clear I think it would be best to untie us. I'm going to be sicker than a dog if I'm kept standing in these wet clothes," Christine complained with a note of frustration and impatience.

I stood up with a nod, "Untie them, it seems we could use their help. I can have one of the maids show you to my room, I'm sure we can find you something dry to wear. Vincent prepare a fresh pot of tea it will help warm her once she is changed and dry. Jeremy are you requiring a change of clothes as well?"

"That won't be necessary miss, I would much rather start on this case. It seems this may alleviate some of my boredom for the time being."

After releasing the two I had Dani and Luna guide Christine to my guest room to get changed. I sat on the edge of Ciel's chair while he occupied the main seat facing Jeremy as we began to discuss the case. I watched the interactions between the two as the situation was explained, Jeremy wanted to take another look at the bodies but informed us it would be better to separate them into different rooms, Ciel was quick to agree and arranged for the other servants to make it happen. It was then, after everything was arranged that Jeremy requested a change of clothes.

"Oh you mindless man!" Christine walked in once more wearing a dark chocolate brown riding dress and freshly dried hair in a high ponytail, she had wire rimmed glasses that must have been in her pocket due to the rain, "Honestly once you have your mind on a case your own needs become your last priority!"

I laughed at her actions, "Ciel, don't you think some of...Sebastian's clothes may fit him?" Ciel looked at me before giving a tired nod.

"Indeed, I will lead you to his chambers," Ciel stood from his seat before helping me down from my perch. We walked arm in arm down the halls with Christine and Jeremy in tow while the servants separated the bodies. I began to hum a short fleeting melody as we came to the door.

(Short time skip)

"Well then, why don't you show us where the other bodies are!" Jeremy exclaimed with a clap of his hands, I saw Christine roll her eyes with her hands on her hips.

"Honestly you get too excited about these sorts of things..." She swiftly turned, her hair following in her movements and almost hitting Jeremy in the face, "Maybe if we finish this quickly we can focus on something more important like our wedding?" She stalked out of the room while the rest of us followed, I leant on Ciel as we walked giggling softly at her antics.

Jeremy examined each of the bodies, though it was annoying to have Charles Grey analyzing his every move, he seemed successful with his searches shedding light on some of the more obscure clues that we had yet to pick up on.

We were making our way to Ciel's quarters in order to look for more clues, while we were walking Jeremy's absence was quickly pointed out by Grey.

I watched in amusement as Christine sighed in exasperation, "Sometimes you act like such an old man! Get up here!" She looked over the railing, the rest of us following suit.

"My apologies," Jeremy had a sheepish smile on his face with a handkerchief held to his brow, "Let us keep moving..." He seemed winded as he spoke, Christine stuck close to his side after Grey made a rude comment.

Inside Ciel's room Jeremy and Christine looked over the scene. The two shared a conversation without words before informing us of their findings, "We are looking at more than one culprit. We must act fast to catch the second killer or more may be lost."

"But first!" Christine moved to lean down and make eye contact with Ciel and I, "Two conditions need to be met. One, we have to wait for night. And two, we're going to need your cooperation my lord and lady."

"Our-"

"Cooperation?"

"We will explain it in more detail tonight, but first let us check on the butler and maid," Jeremy shrugged with an almost carefree smile. I watched as everyone left the room, Jeremy and Ciel made eye contact for the briefest of moments before we too departed.

As we entered the room holding Sebastian, Jeremy and Christine quickly went to work. I felt a shift next to me, when I looked over I saw Ciel leaning on Arthur. Arthur was frantically asking  Ciel if he was alright, I turned on him with worry nagging in the back of my mind.

"I'm sorry, seeing Sebastian's body so many times...It's too much to bear," was Ciel's soft reply. Grey looked suspicious, Ciel had been around much worse in his time as the Queen's guard dog so it was hard to believe that just because his butler was dead he had become soft. Arthur was being kind and comforting him, I smiled at the two and grasped Ciel's hand.

"Yes, well it seems the butler's death was quite simple..."

"Eh? Done already?" Grey spoke in mock surprise.

"Yes, I've seen more than enough."

As we all moved to leave Grey noticed Christine was missing. The door opened at that exact moment to reveal the woman in question, "That maid of yours seemed to have gotten the short end of the stick, I haven't seen that bad of a body since that run in with the bear in Charlestown, remember Jeremy?" 

"Yes that case was incredibly simple once the bear was found..."

"Oh my," She turned to me, "Are you alright dearie? I know death can be a bit much for delicate flowers like us," I heard Jeremy scoff which earned a glare from Christine, "But it's best not to dwell on things like this for too long." I nodded in reply.

"Are you sure you are alright Siren?" Ciel looked at me with concern. I nodded once more, everything was so tiring. The case, the death, the looming threat of powers, the warning from the gods, everything is becoming too much I might-

"Siren!" The next thing I know, I'm being held up by Ciel and everyone else is crowded around us.

"Oh my you are as pale as a ghost dear!" Christine placed a hand on my forehead, "Are you feeling dizzy? Is the room spinning? Are you experiencing blurry vision at the moment?" I shook my head in reply, "It seems these events really are taking a toll on ya' dearie, maybe we should take a break. Have you eaten today?"

"I had some tea..." I replied softly.

Christine shook her head, "Honestly that's most likely why you are feeling so faint dearie."

"It seems it's almost time for dinner anyway...I'm going to head back to the others..." Grey spoke in a carefree way before turning and leaving.

Christine shook her head while helping me to my feet, "You must be feeling a bit light headed dear, we should head back too, maybe get some food in ya."

Jeremy had spoken to Arthur and Ciel about preparations for this evening before we headed our separate ways. As we walked I felt a spike in the atmosphere, an overwhelming feeling of suspicion overcame me just before Grey turned around and ran back to the room. I was knocked off balance in his rush to be caught by Christine and Ciel.

"Ugh that man needs to learn some manners!" Christine was fuming as we finished moving down to where the others were.

Once we were back in the room I tried to tune out the rest of the guests, my fatigue was wearing me thin. I leaned on Ciel's shoulder in hopes of getting some rest after the events of last night and this morning. I'm not sure how long I had slept, but when I opened my eyes it was time for dinner.

We were seated and served in record time, what was even more fascinating was watching Grey consume at least thirty plates full of food in the time it took a normal person to finish one. When the rest of the guests had their fill, it was time to begin the plan.

"Now Earl, My Lady...If you would mind indulging us?" Jeremy spoke after finishing his meal. When I looked to Christine she held a smirk on her face.

I was wary, "What do you want us to do?" my voice was soft and tired.

"Well then..." Christine got up and stood behind Jeremy's chair, "Please remove your clothes..."

"WHAAT!?!?!?"

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

49K 2.3K 23
Ciel Phantomhive is called to solve the case involving a series of killings that mirror gruesome fairy tales. But finding the killer may take more as...
427 8 18
A Black Butler Story Ciel saves a poor girl who barely lives on scrapes and takes her in to his Phantomhive manor. Jasmine doesn't have the slightest...
123K 3.4K 26
(thanks everyone for your support!) A young girl's parents were both killed during her short lifetime, leaving their successful business and...
165K 4.7K 17
Young Siren Sin, a previous noble ripped away from the life of innocence she once knew , lives with the Noah's Arc Circus. Due to the crimes the firs...