The Greek Tycoon's Baby

By CuteBabyGirl

Evelyn White is in love with her boss, Alexander Stefopoulos. Has been since the first month she began workin... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Revelations
Chapter 2: What did she say?
Chapter 3: The meeting
Chapter 5: Unexpected guests
Chapter 6: Wedding Preparations
Chapter 7: Her past
Chapter 8: One step closer to the wedding
Chapter 9: A day with her
Chapter 10: Doubts
Chapter 11: Before the wedding
Chapter 12: The wedding
Chapter 13: Honeymoon
Chapter 14: Going with the plan
Chapter 15: Trouble in paradise
Chapter 16: Sudden Discoveries
Chapter 17: Things going downhill
Chapter 18: Betrayal
Chapter 19: The Truth
Chapter 20: Finding you
Chapter 21: Early welcome
Epilogue

Chapter 4: A new day

697K 13.5K 1.6K
By CuteBabyGirl

Evelyn's POV

I woke up in a room that I couldn't recognize. Before I could panic, I remembered that I moved in with Alexander. I was alone in the room. This room was only until the wedding. After that I would be moving in Alexander's that happens to be just opposite of mine. He doesn't want a marriage in name only, but a real one. The thought alone that we are going to sleep together can send pleasurable shivers to all of my body. 

I got up and looked around. The walls were light pink and there were two windows with natural rosé curtains. In the corner opposite my bed there was a dresser with a mirror attached to it. Next to it there was a door that as Alexander told me yesterday it lead to the bathroom. Near my bed there was another door. This one was for the closet.

I went to the bathroom. This whole pregnancy has increased my trips to the toilet. I opened the door and did what I had to do. The bathroom was twice bigger than the one at my apartment or better yet it was at the size of my old bedroom. It had a huge bathtub in which two people could very easily fit. Of course, it screamed wealth. I cleaned my face and got out. 

I went to the closet and I opened it. It was more like a room with selves, places with hangers and drawers than a closet. It made me think that I was walking in a shop for clothes and shoes. I wonder if this man has any thing that normal people can afford. From the tour yesterday all I saw were expensive things.

The house has two floors and eleven rooms. On the first floor there were six rooms. They were the kitchen, the living room, the dining room, a bathroom, Alexander's office and the security room. On the second floor there were five rooms. They were a bathroom and four bedrooms. Alexander said that one of those it will be turned into a nursery later.

When Alexander left my room, I was so tired that I only changed in my pajamas and fell immediately asleep. All my clothes were still in the suitcases. I opened one and grabbed a pair of black jeans, a white pullover and my black jacket. I opened a smaller bag in which I had all my underwear. I pulled out a white bra. I placed all of them on my bed to get ready later for work. I changed in a pair of sweatpants and a blouse. It seemed that the baby was hungry, so I left the room heading to the kitchen. 

I went in the kitchen and I saw that it was seven. I went to the fridge to take out the ingredients to make breakfast both for me and Alexander, but I decided to make something for the two guys from security that Alexander said were coming every day.

Half an hour later breakfast was ready. As I was putting the coffee on the table, Alexander came in looking rather sexy. He had only a pair of grey sweatpants that hung low to his hips. A few centimeters lower and I was going to see something that would definitely leave hot and bothered and unable to work afterwards. Not that now my body wasn't hot. The more I was looking at him, the more hotter my body was becoming.  My hands itched to trace his six pack or tug his bed hair. I fisted them before I do something. I wonder if he did it on purpose. If he knew what he was doing to me. If he wanted to see my reaction.

''Good morning.'' I said after I shook my head to get rid of all the thoughts of Alexander.

''What are you doing up this early?'' Alexander asked.

''Making breakfast obviously.''

''Why?''

''What do you mean why? It's morning and everyone has breakfast before going to their jobs. Don't tell me that you never had one before.''

''Well, I drink a cup of coffee every morning.''

And a couple of others in the company. No wonder that you have always nerves. I thought.

''This can't be considered having breakfast. Here sit down and eat whatever you like.'' I said and made him sit to the table.

 ''A cup of coffee will do just fine.'' Alexander said trying to avoid eating.

''No. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You should eat at least something before leaving.'' I said sweetly.

Nadia and David always said that when I ask something sweetly, I make an innocent face that nobody have the heart to say no to me. 

''Alright. I'll have the omelet, but nothing more. Just stop doing that face.'' Alexander said defeated.

''I'm okay with that. What face?'' I asked innocently as I put the omelet in his plate.

''You are doing again. That innocent face to which nobody can say no.''

''I didn't know that.'' I lied.

''Yeah, right. What does this omelet have in it?'' he asked.

''Green and red pepper, onions and a little cheese above. Do you like it?''

''It's good.''

I made my cereals and sat next to Alexander.

''So, did you sleep well?'' Alexander asked after some time.

''Yes. The bed was quite comfy.'' I said.

''I'm glad. What time are you going to the café?'' 

''At eight thirty. I go early so that I can help a little David at the kitchen.''

''Who's David? You've mentioned him before.''

Alexander's eyes became darker and I think I saw jealousy in them, but maybe I was mistaken.

''A friend of mine. More like a father to me actually.'' I said.

It seemed that Alexander wanted to say something but the doorbell rang.

''I'll go.'' I said and stood up.

''It's probably Ashton and Jake. The bodyguards I hired a couple of weeks ago. One of them from now on will be with you.'' Alexander said.

I went to the door and opened it. In front of me stood two tall and muscular men.

''Good morning.'' I said.

''Good morning, miss White. I'm Ashton and this is Jake.'' the left one said.

Ashton was about 6' 1'' and well built. He had green eyes and brown hair. Jake was the same with the only exception that he had brown eyes and black hair. He had also one small scar above his left eyebrow.

''Well, come in.'' I said.

They walked in and I closed the door.

''I suppose you didn't have any breakfast yet.'' I said as we went in the kitchen.

''I had a cup of coffee.'' Ashton said.

''Me, too.'' Jake said.

''What's with that? Only drinking coffee. Now you'll eat something. I made breakfast.'' I said and made them sit at the table.

''Good morning, boss.'' Ashton said.

''Good morning, Mr. Alexander.'' Jake said.

''Hello, Ashton, Jake.'' Alexander said before he took a bite  of his omelet.

When the guys saw him doing that, their eyes widened.

''Boss, you're eating? Maria always tried to make you eat something before going to work.'' Ashton said.

Maria? Who is she? A previous girlfriend? A pang of jealousy hit me. I tried not to show it.

''First of all, Maria was the housekeeper and although she could sometimes behave like she was my mother, she definitely couldn't make me change my mind about some things. And secondly, Miss Evelyn here insisted and from what I see you two are going to have breakfast no matter what.'' Alexander said.

When he said that Maria was the housekeeper, I calmed down. I know it's all in the past, but I can't help but feel that way.

''Now what do you guys want? There is bacon, fried eggs, toast and pancakes.'' I asked them.

They seemed reluctant as if they didn't know what to do.

''I'll have fried eggs with bacon.'' Jake said.

I took his plate and put in everything he said.

''Here you go. And you Ashton?'' I said as I handed Jake his plate.

''I would like some pancakes.'' Ashton replied.

''Do you want maple syrup?''

''If there is.''

''Here.'' I said and I gave him his pancakes.

I ate my remaining cereals while chatting a little with Ashton and Jake. When I finished, I put my bowl in the sink.

''Now if you excuse me, but I have to get ready for my job. If I don't see you before I leave, Ashton, Jake have a nice day.'' I said and headed to my room.

I brushed my teeth and pulled my hair high on a ponytail. I went to my bed and changed into the clothes I had placed on it. I put my ankle boots and grabbed my bag. I put nside my phone, the house keys - that Alexander gave me yesterday-, my wallet and my car keys. I put a little make up and perfume. I grabbed my coat and went down. Since I came here with Alexander, I didn't have my car to go to the café. I guess I could call a taxi and from the café I will go to my apartment to get my car.

I went back to the kitchen. The three of them had already finished eating. Ashton was ready to leave after he put his plate in the sink, but Alexander wasn't here neither was Jake.

''Ashton, where is Alexander and Jake?'' I asked as I cleaned the table.

 ''Boss went upstairs and Jake went to the security room, Ms. White.'' Ashton said.

''Ms. White is way too formal. Evelyn will be good.'' I said.

''Alright, Ms. Whi- I mean Ms. Evelyn.'' Ashton said.

''So, you call her Ms. Evelyn with the first time she told you, but I had to tell you about ten times to stop calling me Mr. Stefopoulos.'' Alexander said as he entered the kitchen.

Since I had my back to him, I turned to see him. At the sight of him I am sure my heart skipped a beat. He was wearing a black suit with a dark blue shirt. He had put gel on his hair and they were somehow up.

''Sorry, boss, but you are quite the intimidating man. Everyone can easily see that you have power.''

''Since I'm working at a café that also has desserts, do you want me to bring you something when I return?'' I asked.

''We shouldn't bother you. You already made us breakfast.'' Ashton said.

''I don't mind. What do you want?'' 

''Can I have an apple pie?'' 

''Sure. What about Jake?''

''He likes lemon pies.''

''Alright. One apple pie and one lemon pie. Alexander?''

''I'll tell you at the car.'' Alexander said.

''What car?'' I asked.

''I'm taking you at your work place.''

''You don't have to. I can call a taxi.''

''I'll take you.''

I knew from the look in his eyes that it was final. Whether I liked it or not I was riding with him.

''Alright but I am coming back with my own car.'' I said.

He opened to say something, to argue for sure, but then closed it. Good choice.

''Fine. Let's go.'' he said.

''Let me wear my co-'' I started but the urge to vomit made me stop and hurry to the bathroom.

''Evelyn.'' I heard Alexander yelling.

Just in time I entered the bathroom and I threw up everything in the toilet. This morning sickness doesn't let anything in my stomach no matter what I eat. I felt someone rubbing circles on my back. I realized that it was Alexander doing it. 

''Evelyn, are you alright?'' Alexander asked.

For the first time I could easily detect the worried tone in his voice.

''Yeah, I'm fine. Just morning sickness. I'm okay now. Don't worry.'' I said and got up.

I washed me face and brushed my teeth again. I turned to face Alexander.

''Does this happen a lot?'' he asked.

''Mostly every morning. But there are days that I can actually keep food in my stomach.'' I said.

''Is there any way to stop it or at least do something about it?''

''There are pills but I don't want to take them. Shall we go now?''

''Sure.'' Alexander said and we exited the bathroom.

At the door stood Ashton.

''Are you well, Ms. Evelyn?'' Ashton asked as I was putting on my coat. 

''I'm fine, Ashton. Have a nice day.'' I said and I got out.

I waited at the front gate for Alexander to came with the car. I only hope he doesn't choose a fast one. He likes a lot the fast cars and has a tendency to switch cars every now and then.

''Are you going to get in or not?'' Alexander asked.

I was so focused on my thoughts that I didn't hear the car approaching. When I saw it, my jaw dropped. Just my luck. He chose the fastest one.

''Come on. Get in or you'll be late.'' he said.

''I doubt I'll be late if you're going to drive.'' I muttered and got in the passenger seat.

''Did you say something?'' Alexander asked as I fastened my seat-belt.

''No. Let's go.'' I said.

He just nodded pressing the gas pedal. I've been in one of his cars before due to an appointment he had with an other company's president. Because I was his secretary, he insisted I had to be there to assist him. After he started the car and sped off, I regretted the moment I agreed with him. He was driving like he was racing for the champion. I still wonder how we didn't got into an accident. After that I was afraid to get in a car that he was driving. I valued my life.

''Alexander, can you please do me a favor?'' I asked as I was looking the speed increasing.

''What is it?'' he asked only taking his eyes of the road a moment to look at me.

''Please don't drive very fast. I would be good if you could stay under the speed limit.''

''Why?''

''Because you drive like you are racing and I want to go to the café in one piece.''

''Fine.'' he said after a moment and neither of us spoke again.

After some time we arrived at the café. I was about to get out until I remembered something.

''You didn't tell me what you want me to bring you.'' I said to Alexander.

''Umm... I would like a cheesecake.'' he replied.

''Okay. Another question before you leave. Are you going to come for lunch? If yes, then what time about?''

''Probably yes and about two thirty. Why?''

''It's nothing. I wanted to know so that I will leave in time from work to cook lunch.''

''Alright. Call me if you need anything.'' Alexander said and his eyes fell to my belly.

''I'll do it. Have a nice day.'' I said.

I don't know from where what I did came but nevertheless I enjoyed it. I gave Alexander a peck on the lips. He seemed shocked.

''Yeah, alright. Bye, Evelyn.'' he said as I was getting out.

''Bye, Alexander.'' I said and he left.

I sighed and I entered the café. David is the one that opens the café in the mornings this month. The next month is Nadia's turn. There some customers that ordered their coffees or a snack and left to their jobs.

''Good morning.'' I said in nobody in particular.

I went to the room back to leave my things and then I walked to the kitchen to help David.

''Hi, David.'' I said as I went in.

''Good morning, Evelyn. How are you today?'' David asked and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

''Good, if you ignore the throwing up in the morning.'' I said and he chuckled.

''It comes with the pregnancy.'' he said.

''Well, at least till now it's only in the mornings. Sometimes I have nausea during the day. I hope only that it gets better as the months pass.''

''Oh, right. How far are you?''

''Six weeks. So how can I help you?''

''Go make some of those delicious waffles of yours.''

''Okay, David. But first do we have any lemon pie, apple pie and cheesecake?''

''I believe we have a few pieces of each. Why?''

''Great. I promised to some guys to bring back with me desserts.''

''Go check in the fridge and push them to the back so I won't give them to Helen to serve them.''

I did what David told me and went to make the waffles.

The time passed quickly and it was already one o'clock. I had fun. I always enjoyed being in the café. It could take my mind off things.

''I'm off.'' I said to David.

''Alright, sweetie.'' David replied.

I went to the office first to get my things and say goodbye to Nadia.

''Are you leaving, Eve?'' Nadia asked.

''Yes. Do you want anything?'' I asked as I was putting my coat.

''Are you coming in the afternoon, too?''

''No. I have to unpack my things.''

''Alright. Bye.''

''Bye.'' I said and left the room.

I walked in the kitchen and Ι packed the desserts to take them with me. I exited the café and I got in my car. I had gone two hours ago and got it from my old apartment. In about twenty minutes I was at Alexander's house. I should start calling it our house. We are getting married in three weeks. I parked the car in the garage and got out grabbing my bag and the desserts. I took out the house keys and I entered the house. I went in the kitchen and put the desserts in the fridge. I drank a glass of water and then went to my room.

I took out of my bag my phone and wallet and put the bag aside. I put both the car and house keys in a small tray which was on the dresser. I hanged my coat in the closet. Then I went to the security room to see Ashton and Jake. I got in the room and told them that I brought their sweets and also that I'm going to cook spaghetti. They either come to eat or I can bring their food. They said that they would come to get their plates and return to the room. After I left them, I went to the kitchen to prepare lunch.

About an hour later the table was set. I had made spaghetti with tomato sauce, that had also green pepper, and grated cheese above. Ashton and Jake have already come and took their food. As I was putting the water on the table, I heard the door closing.

''Evelyn?'' Alexander called.

''In the kitchen.'' I replied.

Seconds later Alexander came in and I could feel my heart rate quickened. 

''I made spaghetti. I hope you like it.'' I said trying not to show what he was doing to me.

''It's good. I'm going to change and then we'll eat. Is that okay with you?'' Alexander asked.

''Yes.'' I said.

When he came back, he was wearing trousers and a t-shirt that hugged his muscular body perfectly. I hope he didn't catch me checking him out. I looked at him and from the knowing smirk on his face I could tell that I was busted. We ate while talking over various things. We discussed about our day, our wedding and about our baby. I brought up the issue about going to the doctor for a check up and asked him to accompany me. He agreed and I felt relieved. I didn't know what I would feel if he refused to do something that was related to the baby.

After we done eating, he took a short nap and then left for the company again whereas I went to my room and started unpacking and organizing my things. Later I connected my laptop with the Internet in Alexander's office. I decided to browse for shops that I could buy things in the future for the wedding and the baby. I also searched for a place for the reception as Alexander said that our wedding will be like all the others Or almost like the others. We are getting married in a church, we're having a reception, but no honeymoon. He said that he is too busy. I don't know what to think from this. Is he really busy that he can't afford leaving for at least a week or he just doesn't like spending time with me?

  I know it has been awhile that there was a new chapter, but I had my reasons. Exams, trip and other things. I'm so sorry for the waiting! Hope you like this chapter! :)

 P.S.: Alexander's house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 13.3K 7
Her story was different. She was broken, she was left alone and without anything left since a little angel came into her life. Her daughter. Her litt...
4.1M 87.5K 37
A TWIST TO THE NORMAL BILLIONAIRES EX WIFE STORIES. James Saunders is a billionaire. ceo, of one of the biggest companies In the world. married to t...
899K 25.9K 31
Book 1.2 of The Sampson's Legacy CAN BE READ AS A STAND ALONE! //GOING THROUGH MINOR CONSTRUCTION\\ Gabriel was always successful in mostly everythin...
921K 22.2K 43
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...