Saved by a Woman (GirlxGirl)...

By Albaluz

Alex is no princess. Her life is no fairy tale. She has gone from home to home ever since her parents were ki... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one

Chapter Two

111K 2K 843
By Albaluz

 Chapter Two

~~~~~ Alex - What you see is what you get ~~~~~

When leaving the hospital room I couldn't help but look for the girl. I feel bad for not telling her it's okay, that I'm not mad. But she left without a goodbye or telling me her name.

The drive to the Smith residence was spent with them telling me how sorry they were.

'Shouldn't you, be the one apologizing?' why can't you just shut up. You always ruin the moment.

"It's OK. I'm sorry I ran away and caused all this. Anyway Case, did the girl who called you say her name?" please, please, please, say yes.

"No she didn't actually. She told me what happened and that she was taking you to the hospital herself. She hung up before I could ask her. Why?" Case says now curious. They all stare at me waiting for a response.

'If there's a God please, please help!' Since when do you pray? 'Since now, because you need all the help you can get.' Ask and ye shall receive. 'That's right.'

Suddenly a phone goes off. Case apologizes and takes the call and before anybody else can say anything else both of the smith's get a call.

'Damn you are one lucky bastard.' Forgive her father, for she has sinned.

The gate keeper opens the door for us when arriving at the house. The grass is freshly cut and the bushes and trees are trimmed to perfection. The water fountain creates an elegant yet peaceful feeling to the outside of the house. The birds sing a wonderful melody as we drive pass them.

Case and the Smiths get out the car still talking on their phones, yet I stay inside for a while.

'Alexandria Santiago, get out of this car and go inside. You will not embarrass me again you hear me!' Chill Alex, I'm going. God did I just address myself? 'Weird, huh?' Way.

As I enter the house, they all hang up their phones and look at me.

'Your luck just ran out baby.' Sh shut up, will you!

Case walks towards me and then gives me yet another hug. I wince in pain as she squeezes me harder than the last time. "Oh gosh I'm so sorry, Alex!" she apologizes immediately stepping away. I try to catch my breath as I grab my injured arm. "It's OK Case." She looks at me with eyes filled with concern but soon turns to address the Smiths.

"She will be out of school for the rest of the week due to her injury; the school has been notified so you don't need to worry about that. She will also need plenty of rest." As she explains, the Smiths hang on to her every word. They look at each other and nod in agreement. I'm certain that if given a notepad they would have written everything down word by word.

"Don't worry Cassandra, she will be taken care of." Mrs. Smith says as she looks at me. Her eyes show emotions that I haven't seen since my parents died years ago.

'Do not start thinking about them.' I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. Do you miss them as much as I do? 'Sometimes even more than I should.'

"It was nice meeting you Mr. and Mrs. Smith." Case shakes their hands and turns to me. "See you soon Alex and please be good, no funny business." She narrows her eyes at me when I roll my eyes.

"How many times do I need to tell you, I was defending myself. It's called self-Defense." Why can't she just drop it? I did my time for that incident.

'Maybe and I'm just throwing this out there, because you beat the crap out of the schools principle.' He was way out of line and you know it.

If looks could kill, I would be six feet underground by the look she gave me when I finished. The smiths look at each other obviously confused.

'So that incident wasn't mentioned in your file huh?' Don't remind me. 'I just did' Ugh you are impossible!

Case just keeps staring at me for a few seconds while I stare back. She knows there's more to the story then what I told her. All she knows is that I beat up that principle for no good reason, if she only knew what really happened that day.

"Well I'll be leaving now, you got my cell and emergency numbers so you can call if anything happens." With that being said she heads for the door only disappear seconds later.

My knees suddenly get weak and my palms get sweaty. She left me. The only person who I can trust just left me again in the hands of strangers. There was nothing I could do to stop what was going to happen to me. I have had too many episodes before. I thought I was over this, but I was dead wrong.

'Alex get a grip!' Easier said than done. 'Then make it happen.' Fine.

"Alexandria would you like to go to your room now?" The question was asked, but who asked it is a blur. Suddenly all I saw was the shiny wooden floor followed by darkness.

'Crap! Not again.'

I saw myself fall in the reflection, yet before I could completely fall, two strong arms were holding me. I heard someone scream before I was completely out.

-----

That
was the second time in my life that I've ever fainted.

'At least the first time you had a pair of beautiful pair of eyes to think about.' yeah that's true.

The fainting was new. Usually my body just decides to have a semi panic attack while my mind bombards me with the worst memories it has stored over the years.

I find myself waking up from a dream of pure darkness. For the first time in years, I didn't have the nightmares. I saw nothing but darkness, a comforting darkness. I actually slept for 6 hours straight.

The sun has already set. The moonlight provides just enough light to see the room. The huge bed is way too comfortable and the silk sheets way too soothing.

'Why are you complaining? You have never even had a whole room to yourself before.' Right.

Ever had that feeling that told you exactly where you belong, where you can feel safe and secure? I lost that feeling a long time ago. Now, I'm lucky if I stay in a place for 4 months. The people are sometimes nice and sometimes they are not; sometimes they care for me, while sometimes they don't.

I became an orphan at a very young age and since then been alone. Case was assigned my case shortly after they found out I was being abused by my uncle. She said that everything would be fine. That I was safe, yet I haven't felt safe since the day everything was stripped away from me.

After my uncle beat me, I was focused on learning everything I possibly could. I went to a local karate and kickboxing gym. The instructors taught me without even knowing me. I worked for them in exchange for the lessons since they would not take the money I had offered them. Self-defense came in handy many times as well as everything I was taught. I learned advanced martial arts throughout the years as I kept moving from state to state.

Transferring schools became a drag so I just learned everything myself. Math was easy to learn. The books would teach me everything I needed to know and if not I taught myself. No one knows I'm advanced for my age, not even Case, but I also never show it. I do enough to get a C, maybe a B when the class is way too easy.

Having a photographic memory is both a blessing and a curse. I don't have problems learning anything due to it. I can remember everything a teacher teaches and what I read in textbooks. Give me a whole day and I'm already so advance that I'm good for at least three months in any subject.

The problem comes when I remember every detail of my parent's murder. It comes when I remember every time Uncle beat the crap out of me, treating me like his personal punching bag. It comes when I remember his hands all over me. When I remember the dates he sexually abused me.

All my life I have wished to forget all of that, but how can I? How can I when my parents were killed on my birthday? How can I forget his beatings when I remember it every night? How can I forget he sexually abused me, when I still have the scars to prove it happened? How can I forget all that when it's all engraved in my head, how?

I learned the hard way that with the life I have, making friends is no good since I leave them behind when I mess up or even if I do everything right. They run the first chance they get. No one wants to be friends with an emotionally unstable person.

My head is killing me as I try to get up. I roll out of the bed but soon regret it when I feel the pain in my shoulder. The adrenaline was long gone. A scream escapes my mouth but I soon compose myself and walk towards the window. Sitting down I move the curtains and see the two most important stars in the sky, my mom and dad.

"I know I promised I would try this time, but this is not what I had in mind when I did. Mami, Papi, please help me. I really don't want to hurt this family like I have hurt others in the past. They're good people. They don't deserve the troubles that come with me" A single tear falls on my shirt as I look up to the sky.

"On a good note I had a dreamless sleep. I didn't see you die in front of me, Dad. I didn't see mom get shot either. I didn't see blood and I didn't see his face as he stood over you guys. I didn't see uncle hit me nor did I see Tom. I didn't feel the pain this time mom. I actually slept more than 2 hours without the nightmares." I let out a sigh as I bring my knees to my chest. I've done this for years but still can't help wish that they were here, in person responding.

"I miss you mom. I miss your voice. I miss your kisses. I miss your awful cooking." This of course is a lie since my mother was the best cook. "I miss you too dad. I miss your jokes. I miss your hugs. I miss you guys so much it hurts." Tears now fall uncontrollably down my cheeks but I let them fall shamelessly. They were everything to me. My whole childhood was ripped away from me in the cruelest of ways. I had no time to say goodbye. It all happened so fast.

"I can't take not seeing you in the morning. I cry every time I see kids hug their parents, because I know I can't do that anymore. I miss family game night. I miss your smiles and laughs." Raising my hand to my lips I blow them a kiss hoping they will receive it.

~~~~~ Rachel Smith + Mike Smith = Love ~~~~~

Rachel's heart stopped when she saw the girl faint before her eyes. She was so grateful when Mike ran to get Alexandria and grabbed her before she could completely fall to the ground. Mike lifted the girl into his arms as they quickly took her upstairs. Alexandria now lay in bed, soft snores escaping her throat every once in a while. Rachel had taken off the girl's shoes and laid a blanket on top of her.

"I know you will love it here. We will take care of you. Nobody will ever hurt you again." she told the sleeping Alexandria. Rachel bent down and kissed Alexandria on the forehead softly closing her eyes as her lips made contact with the girl's soft skin. Alexandria stirred in the bed as Rachel got back up, but did not wake. She thanked her lucky stars for that.

Rachel found that she cared for this girl before her. She always wanted a daughter of her own. She prayed to God that she would one day be granted the gift of motherhood but until now, her prayers were never answered. 'Thanks for you have granted my wish.' she thought looking at the sleeping girl before her. She gently pushed Alexandria off her arms and laid her on the soft pillow. She got up and went to the door. With one last look at the girl, she blew her a kiss and closed the door silently, careful not to wake the girl up.

She left the room with tears running down her face. She was happy. Turning the corner she saw her husband smiling at her. His expression changed when he saw her crying and quickly made his way to her.

"What's wrong?" Mike asks whipping away her tears with his thumbs. He kisses her and holds her face in his hands. Rachel felt his love in every smile, in every caress, and in every kiss. She saw concern in his eyes which only made her tears fall again.

"Nothing honey, I'm just so happy." she tells him pulling him into a tight hug. She buries her face in his chest silently letting the tears fall again. Mike hugs her back as they hold each other with all their might. No words are exchanged, simply because there is no need for them. The embrace and kiss shared is worth more than a thousand spoken words.

They are happy and in love. The obstacles are never strong enough to break them apart. They are the perfect couple and they inspire everyone around them. Their love is infectious. Their age was never a problem. They are simply a model of excellence in everything they do, especially together.

Their story was not a typical high school crush, it was true love. the kind of love that people read in books and see in movies yet sometimes never find in reality. Their love is pure, their intentions more than sincere.

Rachel was the captain of the cheer leading team while Mike was a nerd. Rachel was dating the football captain, Jake Holland, to please a very demanding popular crowd. She never liked the boy, not because he wasn't cute, but because he was a jerk. He treated people like objects used them to his advantage and disposed them when he was done with them.

Mike on the other hand was known as the schools biggest nerd. There was never a day when he wasn't slammed against a locker or a time when his stuff was not thrown to the ground as he passed by the wrong crowd. Mike was your typical nerd, highly intelligent yet highly stupid when it came to socializing. He 'took it like a man' he said to his friends when they asked him why he tolerated the abuse. He never looked at Rachel because he knew he didn't stand a chance against the school's football star.

While she was in his arms he thought back to when they met...

------

The football game was tied and the crowed was wild. He attended only to please his best friend, Joel who had insisted that he come with him to cheer on their football team. When he stood to get a drink, he saw her; she was in the front leading the cheerleading squad. He walked down the stairs to the concession stand never taking his eyes off Rachel.

The football came out of nowhere. In an instant he was running to stop it from hitting her. People were mad and yelled at him as he pushed his way into the crowd that was in the way. He jumped in the air and caught it just before it could make any contact with Rachel. They both fell to the ground with a loud thump as their bodies hit the grass. His glasses were now broken beside him as well as Rachel's pom poms. His chest hurt from the football impact and from the fall as he put his hands in front of him to avoid crushing Rachel with his body.

He was insanely close to her. Their lips so close to each other all he had to do was lean in a little closer, yet he helped her up, said bye and left a confused Rachel behind.

Mike had boundaries set up for himself. He lived a life that he has designed for himself. He went to school and learned everything he could drama free. Mike never cared what other people said about him. He just wanted to graduate and leave the high school life behind him. He was a firm believer in karma and knew that one day Jake and all of his minions would work for him.

Mike told himself that Rachel would never in her right mind even glance in his direction. He knew for sure that Rachel was mad at him for knocking her at the game. What he didn't expect was to fall for her especially as fast as he did.

Mike was furious at himself for doing just that, he told himself to get her out of his head but failed miserably. To him Rachel was impossible. He knew his place on this earth. He never strayed from his plan to graduate drama free and with his heart intact.

The next day was normal, he was smashed into lockers, had his books knocked off, and was made fun of for his physical structure. Mike saw her looking at him from the corner of his eye as he picked up his books. She looked beautiful in a blue summer dress. Mentally slapping himself for staring at her, he went to class. Forgetting Rachel was never an easy task for Mike since he basically had every class with her.

At the beginning of class, Rachel approached him and gave him his glasses. They were no longer broken nor bend but looked brand new. The frame was now straight and the lenses were brand new. After a while Rachel went to sit down since Mike said nothing. When the bell rung indicating the end of class, Mike stopped her by the door and thanked her. He smiled at her for the first time and once again left a confused Rachel behind.

Mike went to lunch and ate alone his friends having already made plans to go to the science museum the day before. He never expected Rachel to sit with him. He never expected her to talk to him. They talked about everything under the sun and not once touched their food. They were both aware of the stares, some surprised, some pissed and angry, but paid no attention to them. They laughed at each other's jokes and talked about personal things, things they had never told another soul.

They became friends and soon Rachel broke up with her jerk of a boyfriend, Jake to be with Mike. They faced challenges. They were treated like dirt since Rachel had traded the popular crowd for Mike. What kept them going was their love for each other.

Soon they were attending college and not even the distance could break them up. Mike majored in law while Rachel majored in finance. When done with college they got married. Now mike works for his father in his law firm and Rachel owns a successful flower shop downtown.

------

They
were both now in the living room watching a romantic movie. Mike had his arm around Rachel's shoulders enjoying having her close to him. Rachel rested her head on his chest as she watched the movie, yet couldn't concentrate; having Mike playing with her hair was too distracting.

Rachel heard the scream of pain coming from upstairs. She quickly sat up and ran to the kitchen. The scream was barely audible downstairs but Rachel understood what it meant: Alexandria's awake, and in pain.

Mike followed her and asked what was wrong. Rachel looked for the painkillers she had bought for Alexandria. When finding them she turned to Mike.

"She's awake." she simply tells him filling a cup with water to take to the girl. Rachel gives Mike a kiss as she goes upstairs to attend Alexandria while Mike excuses himself and goes to his office.

Rachel stopped when she got to the doorway. She heard Alex talking and did not want to be rude. 'Who is she talking to?' She asked herself. She leaned in the doorway to listen better. She felt bad for eavesdropping but curiosity got the best of her.

"...I really don't want to hurt this family like I have hurt others in the past. They're good people." Rachel felt her heart melt at the words. 'She doesn't know us and she's already worried she might hurt us.' Rachel leaned into the door a little more.

She listened to pain in the girl's voice. She could swear she heard Alexandria's tears falling to the floor. Each tear that fell was like a bullet aimed to her heart. She wanted to go in the room and hug her tight. She wanted to tell her it was OK, that she was safe, but she knew that Alexandria needed her privacy. Whatever Alexandria was holding inside, she needed to get out.

Alexandria reminded Rachel of a younger version of her. They are both strong yet soft as a teddy bear at times. They are both stubborn and speak their minds. She was starting to love this girl who she hasn't even had a full conversation with yet. But, Rachel felt like if she has known this girl for all her life. She felt attached to Alexandria in way that was unexplainable.

She was starting to picture Alexandria as a daughter. She pictured going to the spa with her. She pictures having a girl's night out with her. Sharing secrets and talking about boys. Rachel wanted Alexandria to trust her like a friend. Rachel wanted the girl to love her like she loves her own mother who she speaks so fondly of.

The door suddenly opened when it could no longer hold a curious Rachel, Alexandria stood there staring at her. She seemed mad but her face softens after a moment when she sees an embarrassed Rachel standing awkwardly in front of her.

"Umm here are some painkillers for your shoulder." She says handing her the pills with the glass of water. She swallowed the pills and drank the water in seconds. Usually to get Rachel to drink a pill or medicine itself, someone has to hold her head and manually open her mouth, but the girl simply swallowed the enormous pill like it was nothing.

"Thanks. Hey umm can I ask you a question Mrs. Smith?" Rachel chuckled. She has not gotten herself used to the name, yet Alexandria had sounded so respectful saying it that somehow it sounded nice. She nodded for Alexandria to continue.

"OK umm, how old are you and Mr. Smith? I mean you seem so young." she looks down as if the floor was now very interesting. Rachel smiles at her bluntness.

"I'm 24 and Mike is 25. He's working as a lawyer at his father's law firm, while I'm currently running a flower business." Rachel states proudly of their accomplishments at such a young age.

"Why did you decide to adopt when you are young, clearly in love, and can have a family of your own." Alexandria asked raising her head to meet Rachel's eyes. Alexandria was a few inches shorter than her which made her smile seeing how the little girl could possess such intelligence.

Yet, Rachel was caught off guard. She never expected that question in which the answer was not easy to answer. Alexandria saw Rachel's face and immediately changed the subject.

"Never mind, so I have one last question well two actually. First, how did you guys know my favorite color?" She asked looking straight at Rachel.

"We read a file that had your likes and dislikes. It said you love Orange and that you hate pink which was my first choice." Rachel remembered as she went straight to the store to get orange paint since she had painted the room pink with Mike's help. She had gone to every furniture store trying to find orange decorations for the room. She never realized how limited her options were for orange decor.

"oh umm OK second, what are Mr. Smiths and your rules while I stay in your home?"

"All we want is for you to be safe. We want you be yourself here. We do have one rule though." Rachel paused to look at Alexandria with a serious face. Alexandria raised a perfect eye brow at her but otherwise kept quiet.

"We want to know where you are and what time you're coming back if you decide to leave the house." When speaking Rachel never left her gaze. For the first time she spoke with authority to the girl. 'I sounded like my mother.' She thought as she laughed at herself for doing so.

"That's it?" Alex asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, that's all we ask of you." Answered Rachel confidently.

"Are you serious? No be in bed at 10 or face the consequences? No, don't break anything or it'll cost you? No, don't disrespect my house and don't get on my nerves or you don't eat? No, work for your food and clothes?" Alexandria asked crossing her arms in defiance. Rachel laughed at the way she said everything mocking authority.

"Well you're old enough to know not to do stupid things, and plus if something breaks we replace it. I'm not saying break everything you see and touch, but be careful. I do want you home and in bed at a reasonable time though, and no boys in your room. Sound fair?" Rachel asked emphasizing the no boys rule. Alexandria still had her hands crossed but now her mouth was hung widely open.

"You're serious." Alexandria breathed in disbelief after watching Rachel for a few moments.

"Yes I am. I won't make you work for your food nor clothes. You will get an allowance so you can spend it on whatever you want-" Rachel was cut off when Alex raised her hand.

"No Mrs. Smith, I'm Honduran. We never get allowances nor have I ever even heard of it till I came to this country. We work for the roof over our heads, food and clothes. I've never been given free money in my life and don't intend to get it now. The foster parents kept the money for the cost of having me. I work for my own money like my parents taught me. I will ask that you don't give me your money, please. I appreciate it, I really do, but it doesn't feel right to accept money I have not earned." Alexandria said looking at Rachel with gratitude for even offering her money.

"Well that's OK then, but I will not let you say no to shopping with me for new clothes and shoes with me tomorrow." Rachel beamed with excitement at the idea. They were going to have so much fun.

~~~~~~

Hola again so this is for those who said wanted more. Thanks for the support!

I'm so sorry I could not upload earlier but I had an emergency with my sister in Honduras. She's better but still in danger. It was tough at first seeing her in a hospital bed when all my life she has been the strongest person I know, so I'm sorry I couldn't upload sooner like I said. I'm in Honduras right now so the Internet here is slow and in a cafe an hour away from my Grandmas house.

Que Dios Me Los Bendiga!

God Bless You!

Thanks for reading

Should I keep going?

- Alba Luz :^)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 7.3K 25
Olivia and kacie, from 2 completely different worlds, but little did they both know, is that it would soon become, just one, very confusing world. M...
175K 6.6K 22
WARNING: **This story may act as a trigger for some bad habits so be careful, I don't want anyone hurting themselves** GirlxGirl & very minor BoyxBoy...
404 15 17
Emma has always liked Travis but things just never seemed to work in her favour. Maybe now she's 18 and Travis is finally single, life might change...
342K 10.1K 24
Alex has everything going for her: she is liked by everyone in her school, her grades are amazing and she has just met Kate-the most incredible girl...