The Thief (Descendants/Jay Fa...

By MarenaxoxoLOL

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE DISNEY'S DESCENDANTS THEN I SUGGEST YOU DON'T READ THIS......or you can. Its u... More

Don't Look Back At The Past Because You'll Be Missing The Future
The Meet & Greet
Secrets
The Prince and Me
Cupid For a Day
BFF?
(Almost) Midnight Cravings 101
I'm Done
Sorry!
The Musical Game
Family Day a.k.a. Goodbye Day: Part 1
Family Day a.k.a. Goodbye Day: Part 2
The Start of Something New
Everyones Confessions
Welcome Home
If Only
The Playlist!
Memories
Coronation Day
My Choice
Which Cover?
Breakaway: Part 1
Breakaway: Part 2
Breakaway: Part 3
The Emergency
Q & A???
BONUS CHAPTER: On This Cold December Night
Q & A #1
The After Party: Part 1
SURPRISE!
Surprises are just popping out of nowhere
Sorry....
The After Party: Part 2
Long time, no see
Back to the Rotten Roots (Sequel)

The Coronation

7.1K 178 70
By MarenaxoxoLOL

[a/n: a trailer at the top! (It might suck, but just read the author's note at the end.)]

I was leaned on the post in my high stiletto heels just smiling as Ben was walking down the blue carpet that led to his future. He looked so flustered, but by the sparkle in his eyes I could tell he was happy. I laughed when everyone kept bowing to him as he walked by. It was funny to me how people treated royalty like it was a God of some sort. I never understood it, but it always seemed to make me laugh. I kept getting distracted though because I kept looking at Jay. I honestly couldn't help it. I wanted to know why everyone was looking so scared. It was bothering me so bad. Once Ben got to the podium where Fairy Godmother and his parents was standing at every turned towards their direction awaiting of what was to come.

Fairy Godmother bowed down to and hugged the king and queen. Ben's parents looked so proud, and I could tell it made him happy. The king bowed his head down so Fairy Godmother could take off the crown. When she walked over to Ben with it he was kneeled down on one knee. I couldn't see his face anymore because his back was to me. Mal still looked scared - wait no, not scared, Mal never gets scared. I don't know what I'm saying. Maybe I'm just imagining it.

Slowly, but surely, Fairy Godmother leaned over Ben and placed the crown on his head. He put his head up and I think he was looking at his father. His back was still facing me so I couldn't tell. His father looked down and smiled at him though, same with his mother. Ben's dad walked over to the podium and lifted the glass up revealing the wand in all it's glory. The queen picked it up and gently handed it over to the Fairy Godmother. Once again, she walked over to Ben and this time put the wand in front of his face.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?", she asked him.

It was quiet for a moment while we waited for Ben's answer.

"I solemnly swear.", he swore.

I smiled to myself so hard that my cheeks hurt.

"Then it is my honor", she tapped the wand over both of Ben's shoulders, "and joy, to bless our ki-"

In a quick flash the wand was snatched from her hand and taken into......Jane's? Everyone gasped and muttered some words that I couldn't make out. A second later a quick bolt came out of the wand smashing the window and out into the sky. Or somewhere else? Everyone started screaming while I rushed over to my family. They were all gathered around each other. Olaf was asleep, Anastasia was hugging Aunt Anna, and mom was looking very worried.

"Are you guys okay?", I asked.

"Yes, we're fine.", Mom answered, breathing heavily. "But we have to get out of here. NOW!"

I was one step ahead of her. We all quickly made our way to the exit until a voice overcame everyone's screams.

"CHILD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!", Fairy Godmother asked, sounding panicked and angry.

"If you won't make me beautiful I'll do it myself!", Jane yelled.

The wand pulled her to the side taking on a mind of its own. Sparks were flying from it and everyone looked terrified. Ben ran to Mal's protection blocking her from the wand while it was all spiraling out of control.

"Bippity boppity BOO!", Jane said, trying to control the wand.

"TAKE COVER!", the king yelled.

Nobody knew where to go since the wand somehow blocked off the exits. We were all trapped. My family ducked their heads and left the isle way. I just stayed and looked in awe. I can't believe this is happening. Soon, Mal jumped up to get the wand from Jane who couldn't seem to control it any longer.

"Be careful Mal!", the queen yelled.

A second later the wand was in the hands of Mal and in that moment no one knew what to do. Jane looked shocked and a little bit scared like everyone else. Mal held the wand up high and didn't let it go. That's when I got a little worried. What was she planning to do? I looked up in the top balcony and saw Evie, Carlos, and Jay running to get down here. That's when I thought it was a good time for me to go and see what was going on. I ran up to Mal before my family could pull me over. Jane ran to the side and just watched.

Ben soon ran in front of his family, and looked at Mal.

"Mal", I said, from behind her. She turned around towards me holding the wand up. I backed away getting a little bit more scared than I already was. "What are you doing?"

I gulped down the air left in my lungs before I heard Ben say Mal's name. She turned to him a little shaky. She was actually afraid.

"Mal, give me the wand." Ben put his hand out expecting her to give it to him.

Instead she backed away and said, "Stand back!" She looked back and forth between me and Ben.

Through the doors came Jay, Evie, and Carlos running down the aisle. I thought the doors were shut? It must've been only from the inside, I guess. Ben walked further towards Mal with his hand still out.

"BEN! I said stand back!", she yelled.

"Mal, stop it!", I yelled trying to make her calm down.

"I told you so!", Audrey gloated, trying to sound proud. Her confidence was soon taken away when Mal pointed the wand towards her, that's when Audrey stopped talking.

She pointed the wand towards Ben again and that's when I ran in front of her. "Mal, please just calm down.", I said calmly. Although it's hard to stay calm when a wand that could kill me at any second was pointed directly in front of my face.

"Move, Ellie! Go somewhere safe.", Ben said to me, but I was too focused on the wand in front of my face to care what he said.

Once Evie and the boys came behind Mal that's when Jay noticed me standing in front of the wand. He looked scared for me and Mal.

"Ellie, go before you get hurt.", Jay said.

I looked at him then back at Mal. Everyone in the room was too scared to say anything and just hovered over each other.

"No, I'm not going anywhere", I shouted. "Not until Mal gives back the wand."

"Ellie...", Jay warned.

"Jay, don't.", I said, warning him this time.

Before I knew it, Ben pulled me behind him so I was out of the way.

"Let's go.", Carlos said.

"Revenge time.", Jay mumbled.

What?

"Are you sure you want to do this?", Ben asked Mal. He was looking into her eyes for clarity, and I could tell he was trying to handle this with caution.

"We have no choice, Ben!", she shouted, her voice cracking at the end. "Our parents-"

"Your parents made their choice! Now you make yours."

Mal didn't know what to say. Her mouth was gaped and she looked teary eyed. I've never seen Mal cry before, so this was all new to me. She looked towards the king and queen, they both looked scared, but collected. Then she faced Fairy Godmother who looked scared out of her mind. She then turned towards me, and I gave her a reassuring nod telling her to listen to Ben.

She faced Ben and breathed in and out trying to calm down. "I think I wanna be good."

I didn't know what to say. All the years I've known Mal she despised being good, but I guess found a way into her heart. He found her soft spot, her weakness. Something I've been trying to find for years. Way to go, Ben.

"You are good.", Ben agreed.

"How do you know that?", she shouted back.

"Because-" He took a second to answer. "Because I'm listening to my heart."

She looked at him for a moment and then paced herself. "I wanna listen to my heart too." She laughed and turned around to our three friends who looked confused. "And my heart is telling me we are not our parents."

I came out from behind Ben and walked towards them. "She's right." They all turned towards me, and I looked at Jay. "I mean, stealing things doesn't make you happy." Jay looked confused. "Tourney and having pizza with the team makes you happy!", I yelled with spirit, and he just smiled at me.

"And you,", Mal said, pointing towards Carlos. "scratching Dude's belly makes you happy, who would've thought?" She was on the verge of tears.

I turned towards Evie. "And Evie," We looked at each other. "you do not have to play dumb to get a guy."

"You are so smart!", Mal continued. Evie laughed and looked at me and Mal.

Mal sighed. "And I don't wanna take over the world with evil, it doesn't make me happy." I saw a tear go down her cheek while saying, "I wanna go to school, here at Auradon!" She turned around and looked towards Ben. "And be with Ben because Ben makes me really happy."

The crowd made an 'aww' noise while I was getting teary eyed.

"And you know what," I said, taking one step. "us being friends makes me really happy." I looked between Ben, Carlos, Jay, Mal, and Evie. Me and Jay's eyes locked for about 15 seconds and I smiled at him.

Mal continued saying, "Yeah she's right, and not destroying things." She talked in between sobs. "I choose good you guys." She put her fist out with the wand inside, holding it out and smiled. Everyone in the crowd gasped while I smiled.

She looked between everyone and Jay stepped forward and grasped the wand with his hand. I looked at him with a smile on his face. "I choose good too." Mal giggled.

Evie stepped forward too. "I choose good."

They all turned to Carlos waiting for an answer.

"So, just to be clear," Carlos started, "we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be." They laughed. "'Cause they're gonna be really, really mad."

He's got a point. Think about how mad the villains will be when they find out they're going to stay at Auradon to be good. They obviously won't be happy.

"Your parents can't reach you here.", Ben stated.

Carlos smiled and took a step forward. I looked back at him and he nodded. "Okay then." He collided his hand with the rest of theirs. "Good."

I walked next to Jay and smiled touching my fist with his, getting in the circle. I laughed and looked up at him. He was smiling down at me and I laughed a little. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and stayed there. I am madly in love with this doofus.

Mal looked behind her and saw Ben just standing there. She waved him over and he slowly walked towards us. I looked at him and saw he was smiling. He looked happy. He slowly pulled his hand up and placed it on the wand. Everyone around us cheered while we all smiled at each other. Mal leaned her head on Ben's shoulder like how I was doing to Jay and sighed. It was all the way it was supposed to be.

That was until the big boom.

A big puff of green smoke filled the room and came towards where we were standing. It spiral down to the floor, and landed revealing the one and only Maleficent. She turned towards the Fairy Godmother with an evil smile.

"I'm back!", she squealed.

I voluntarily got behind Jay's back while he shielded me.

"It can't be.", I muttered.

"Go away, mother.", Mal said, in tiredness and disappointment.

Maleficent only laughed in her face and said, "She's funny."

I was never actually scared of Maleficent ever. But nowthat she's on Auradon and has her magic back, what can she possibly do?

She turned towards Mal. "You're very funny....here. Now, give me the wand." She put her hand out expectantly. "Chop, chop."

"No!", Ben called.

Just in that moment Mal passed the wand to Fairy Godmother who caught it quickly and held it up high.

She waved it around saying these exact words, "Bippity Boppity-"

"Boo", Maleficent mocked, raising her long gauntlet into the air. All of a sudden green shadows appeared and everyone in the building freezed except for me, Jay, Mal, Evie, and Carlos.

Maleficent laughed. "Psych." She continued to laugh with a little bit of snorts in there. She walked up to the king and started smiling and playing with his glasses. She sighed. "Another time, another time."

She kept walking up the stairs singing something through her teeth. All I could hear was, "Don't ya wanna be evil like me."

Nah, I'm good.

After that she just snatched the wand from Fairy Godmother's hand and couldn't stop laughing.

"Oh. Oh no." She put the wand up Fairy Godmother's nose. "Someone really needs to pluck those nose hairs." She turned to us and I just kept standing behind Jay.

"Where shall we begin?" She walked in front of Fairy Godmother and smiled down at Mal. "I know, why don't we start by getting rid of this?" She pointed the wand toward Mal's finger and the ring she was wearing was taken off and levitated onto the wand. "Perfect fit!"

Mal was speechless. She looked down at her hand, and quietly sobbed.

"Hehehe", Maleficent laughed. She turned towards Fairy Godmother's arm which was held up. She leaned down under it. "'Scuse me. Pardon me." She ducked her head under the arm. "The horns, the horns!", she shouted.

Once she made it past her she walked towards Ben. She just moaned and said, "Falling in love is weak and ridiculous. It's not what you want."

Mal was officially crying, and I honestly felt bad for her. "You don't know what I want.", she sobbed. "Mom, have you ever once asked me what I want?" She was trying to keep it all in as much as she could without going off on her. "I'm not you!"

"Well obviously, I've had years, and years, and years.....and years of practice being evil. You'll get there.", Maleficent kept pushing.

"No, I will not!", Mal cried. Maleficent looked bewildered and surprised by what Mal just said. "And I really wish that you would not have gotten there yourself." Mal sniffled before continuing, "Love is not weak or ridiculous, it's actually really amazing."

Maleficent looked absolutely mad and shocked. "I know one thing young lady, you have no room for love in your life!", she yelled.

I jumped back at the outburst she just made, but Jay held me steady. I didn't know what was gonna happen, and I don't think I'm prepared for it.

Mal looked at her mother with anger. She held her hand out and said the words to start this battle. "And now I command wand to my hand!"

The next second was all just a blur of fairy magic and levitating wands. Mal had the wand in her hand, and we all looked amazed and surprised. I didn't think Mal had the guts to stand up to her mom. Let alone be in command.

"Ha, it worked.", Mal said, gaping at the wand in her hand.

"Good job, Mal!", I said from behind Jay.

Maleficent paced back and forth muttering things I couldn't understand. "This is all very tedious and immature." She turned to Mal. "Give me the wand." Mal stepped back having a firm grip on the wand. "GIVE ME THE WAND!"

"Hold on, Mal." Carlos stepped up and stopped all of this. "Maybe good is more powerful than evil."

What did he mean by that? Me and Jay looked at each other equally confused.

Maleficent just laughed at Carlos' statement like it was a joke. "Oh, please!", she said through cackles. "You're killing me!" She barked like a dog which made Carlos jump back a little frightened.

"Leave him alone!", I shouted, jumping up from behind Jay.

She turned towards me and started looking angry. "You.", she gasped. "You're the one who has got these things about love going through my little girl's head, aren't you?" I didn't know what to say to that, and she just scoffed. "I knew it ever since you and your mother moved to the Isle that you would be a problem." I gulped down a breath of air before she walked up to me. "And I know just how to fix this."

Soon enough Jay stepped in front of me. "Leave her alone.", he said through his teeth. Well, now he's mad.

"And you, I could fix you too. How about make you both into a pile of ashes.", she laughed at her own idea.

"MOM, STOP!", Mal said.

Soon enough an actual barking sound came from down the aisle. I looked back to see Dude running up to us. He jumped up onto Maleficent making her almost fall back in surprise.

"UGH! Dog breath. Get off of me." She pushed Dude away making her distracted long enough so Jay could grab the gauntlet.

He was struggling to hold all the energy it possessed. Once Maleficent actually noticed Jay she grinned, and ducked her head down to meet him eye to eye. She rubbed down his shoulder and examined him.

"Gaston should be jealous.", she said, in amusement.

She flicked his head away with her fingers making him fall back to the ground heavily. I, worriedly, went by his side to help him up. I kneeled down to the floor and touched his shoulder

"Are you okay?", I muttered.

He only nodded in response, but I could tell by his face that he was actually hurt. That made me mad. The fact that Maleficent had to come in here, mess up my friend's coronation, make my friend cry, make Jay hurt, it all just made me angry. I felt my hair changing red, and Jay noticed.

"Ellie, it's okay. I'm fine.", he reassured me, but I didn't listen.

All I could feel was my blood boiling and my head starting to burn. I had to control it though. I have to control it. I put my hands into fists and stood up very carefully. I looked at Maleficent and she just smirked at me.

"ENOUGH OF THIS!", she yelled. She spun in a circle and said, "You all will regret this!"

Green smoke appeared where she stood, and in the flash of an eye I saw a dragon in front of me. I backed up a little, coughing up the green smoke that filled my lungs. Mal gasped and looked up at her mother. Maleficent had turned into a dragon. Before I knew it, fire came from her mouth....aiming right at me.

"ELLIE!"

Jay slid both of us out of the way and behind a column. I slid on my arm which really hurt, but it wouldn't have hurt as badly as getting burned alive. I looked at Jay and he could barely breathe. I had to do something because neither one of us felt like dying today.

"Jay, go with the others.", I told him.

"Are you crazy?", he asked, shocked at my suggestion. "I'm not leaving you here to just get eaten alive.", he whispered.

"If she wants to fight fire with fire then that's what she'll get." I could see the uncertainty in his eyes. "Jay, I'll be okay. I promise." I kissed him on the cheek and pushed him up. "Now go." He hesitated for second staring at me. "GO!", I shouted.

He ran away and Maleficent followed his every movement. I needed to get angry. I mean I already am, but actually get angry. Just think of the Hulk, Ellie. HULK SMASH! Or in this case burn. I breathed in and out and ran out from behind the column. Maleficent was cornering Jay by the wall. I whistled, and that got her attention fairly quickly.

"Leave him alone.", I said. Carlos, Evie, and Mal were calling Jay over to hurry up. "Jay, go to the others." He looked back and forth between me and the dragon. "NOW!", I informed.

He ran around us and I looked back to see Maleficent's fury eyes looking at me. I just smiled. "You know, I always wondered what it felt like to be in Mal's shoes.", I started, "Having all this pressure put on her by the one person she actually cares about, but all you care about is power. I actually feel bad for her."

Fire was aimed at me, and I dodged it quickly. Letting the wall get burned instead.

"Ah, ah, ah.", I shook my index finger. "I wasn't ready.", I said. I cracked my knuckles and rolled my neck around before looking the dragon looked me dead in the eyes. "Now, let's play."

I pushed my arms out and fire came out towards Maleficent's face. It had so much force that it pushed me back against the scorched wall. I moaned in pain, but regained myself quickly. Maleficent was shaking the fire away, and looking funny while doing it. But once she looked back at me there was no amusement in her eyes. That's when I knew I had no chance.

I swirled my finger around and frost came from it. I wanted fire, but I guess this'll have to do. I really do need to control my powers. I pushed my hand up gaining a huge thing of ice moving steadfastly to Maleficent. The dragon's eyes widened before getting pushed back by the big brick of ice. I took this as my opportunity to run back to the gang. I ran all the way to the podium with the glass case, but Maleficent flew in front of me before flying backward to the building. Once she made it all the way to the back she flew to me with heavy speed. Her mouth was wide open just waiting to eat me in one bite.

"HURRY! HURRY! ELLIE, COME ON! HURRY!", Mal kept saying behind me.

I ran towards the group of people as fast as these heels would take me, which was not all that fast. But I made it to them, which lead me to take off the heels that were aching my feet. I threw them elsewhere, and got engulfed in a hug. I found hands behind my back, and could easily tell they were Jay's. I hugged him back with as much force as he was giving me.

Evie soon got in front of all of us, and held out her mirror.

"Magic Mirror, shine your bright light!"

The mirror responded with a bright light shining to Maleficent's face when she flew right in front of us. She was blinded for a couple of seconds making the huge dragon fall to the ground.

"Behind me, E.", Mal said. She pushed Evie behind her and got in front of all of us. "LEAVE MY FRIENDS ALONE!"

The dragon did a big roar as a way of showing anger.

"This is between you and me, mother.", Mal said, calm.

All I heard was a growl out of the dragon's mouth. The eyes of it soon turned green. I remember when Maleficent did this to Mal when she was younger to manipulate her brain and make her give into whatever she wanted. It was absolutely wrong, and also very terrible for a mother to do to her child.

But this time I think Mal knows how to stand her ground.

"The strength of evil, is good as none" Mal's eyes slowly started to turn green from the spell she was reciting. "When stands before five hearts is one."

Maleficent growled to what Mal was trying to do, so Mal tried harder.

"The strength of evil, is good as none! When stands before five hearts is one!", Mal shouted.

"The strength of evil, is good as none! When stands before five hearts is one!", she yelled louder. Her eyes were completely entranced in the spell. It was like Mal and her mother were having a staring contest between each other.

But surprising Mal won. The dragon disappeared and instead filled the building with a high pitch screech. Maleficent was gone.

Mal looked around equally astonished by her doing. All of us looked around to see the Fairy Godmother not frozen anymore. We all ran forward to her asking questions as to if we did it or not.

"No, no, no, no. Your mother did.", Fairy Godmother said to Mal. "She shrank to the size of the love in her heart. That's why it's so itty bitty."

I looked down to see the same purple dragon on the floor, but this time a trillion sizes smaller. That didn't surprise me at all considering I didn't even think she had a heart to begin with. But I guess she does, it's just as Fairy Godmother put it 'itty bitty'.

"Is she gonna be like that forever?", Mal asked, leaning down to her mother's size.

"Well, forever is a long time. You learned to love." She looked up at Mal. "So can she."

Mal chuckled a little before laying out the wand in her hands. "I believe this belongs to you."

She gladly took it from Mal and leaned down to pick up something from the ground.

"And I believe this...." She held up the ring Maleficent took from Mal. "belongs to you."

Mal smiled as a way of saying thank, and took it. They both stood up off the ground. Fairy Godmother looked so happy. "You all have earned yourself an 'A' in goodness class."

I hugged Jay tightly while Mal and Evie high fived and Carlos hugged Dude even tighter.

Fairy Godmother turned around and waved the wand. "BIPPITY BOPPITY BOO!"

Suddenly everyone in the building unfroze causing questions to fly around the room. Ben came out of nowhere and roared. Mal stopped him before he could pumble us.

"Okay, okay! We kinda got this all wrapped up here.", Mal said motioning to everyone around the room.

I laughed a little as Ben picked Mal up and spun her around. Mal gasped but then ended up giggling.

"Next time I rescue you, okay?", Ben said, breathless.

Mal laughed and said, "Yeah, let's not let there be a next time, okay?"

They both laughed and hugged each other. Mal played with the crown on his and giggled. She looked off to the side and stared.

"I'll be right back.", she said, going off to talk to Jane and Fairy Godmother.

I thought that was my cue to go and talk to Ben. I walked up to him and he still looked confused, but overall happy.

"How ya doing?", I asked him.

He shrugged. "Eh, I've had better days."

I laughed and punched him in the shoulder. "So what does being king feel like?"

He played with his fingers and looked at me. "I'm not sure yet, but to be honest, I'm kinda scared to find out."

I laughed again and shook my head. "You'll get used to it soon enough."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Cuz you've got an awesome friend/partner in crime like me to back you up.", I joked, but was being serious at the same time.

"Oh, of course, how could I forget about that?"

"I know right."

We both laughed, but were interrupted by Mal.

"Hey, be careful!", she said to one of the guards. She ran over to him and touched the glass gently. "That's my mom."

Everyone laughed, and I looked way in the far back of the building to see my family. I waved at them and they showed a proud look on their faces. I can't believe they were proud of me when to be honest I barely did anything. That is weird.

Jay engulfed all of us with an over the shoulder hug, and I giggled under his grip. I held his hand that on my shoulder, and sighed. I have to tell him how I feel about him. I can't keep these unknown feelings in anymore.

"Let's get this party started!", Jay said. We all laughed and did the school chant.

"OHAYOHAY, HEY!"

HELLO EVERYONE! I am not dead in case any of you are wondering. Y'know since I haven't updated in a month. I have school, I've been working on a trailer for this book, plus the holidays are coming up. The trailer is at the top, I made it myself. Now, I know it's not all that good, but bare with me! I'm trying to find someone to do it for me and this amazing girl is tried her best to make me one. Speaking of, go follow Sparklegirl1010. If the trailer does not work for you then look up 'therron06', that's me! And then you go to my videos and click on the trailer. Pretty basic stuff. Lol. I would also like if you guys would not be ghost readers! COMMENT, vote, something that let's me know you're there. And also, thanks for all the feedback you guys are giving me on my profile it really means a lot! :) And I know this is random, but go listen to One Direction's new album that came out last week!!! It's really good. And yeah, so bye readers! Expect an update soon!

(Refresh in 10 minutes because I fixed most of the typos!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 871 23
Once upon a time, in a kingdom known as Auradon, lived a young prince. He was one of the most kind and caring princes the kingdom ever had. He cared...
9.5K 178 17
Mal is happy with Ben but struggles trying to stay a good girl she's trying to become for Auradon. As for the princess and wolf will they are doing j...
38.5K 775 18
Princess Daisy, younger twin sister of Prince Benjamin and the future-royal-advisor to her to-be-king brother. Having lived all her life in her paren...
55K 772 20
Finally! Evil is gone from Auradon and now the people from the Isle of the Lost are free! Mal and Ben are engaged and soon to be the king and queen o...