The Epidemic - Book one

By thestoryteller123

We stopped running and took cover behind a run down building. I turned to Cal and he was laughing. I knew one... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Two

95 8 0
By thestoryteller123

" Vivian Gabriella Carters get your little lying butt over here now !! " My mom shouted which made mostly everyone that was sober enough to stop and stare at me including Calvin. I walked over seeing as I didn't have any other choice. When I got to the front door I got a closer look at who was standing next to her and it was Alex and Glenn.

" What the hell were you thinking coming to a house party without notifying me ! " She yelled.

" Get your ass in this car now or so help me " She warned. We all got in the car, there was a deadly silence in the car as we dropped Alex off at her house. And Glenn was going to stay with us because after my mom called her parents and they found out they asked mom to take her in until they get back to handle this.

" What in the world were you girls thinking going to a party at this time of night " She yelled shutting the front door slowly as to not wake Gabe up I think she left him with the maid and Gran the nanny, Gran is not her real name its just what the family calls her because she has been around since before I was born and I grew up calling her gran. Since I don't have any grandparents on both sides I have Gran.

" I'm sorry Mrs. C that we lied and didn't tell you " Glenn said but only earned a glare from my mother.

" Glenn you don't have to be sorry for me, it will be your parents you need to apologize to, but for now you can stay in your room." My mom said calmer. Glenn nodded and thanked her and ran upstairs to the guest room her and Alex usually share when they stay a night.

" Explain now " Mom said as she turned to me.

" We got invited to this end of the school year party and it was our first time going and we lied because we knew you going to say no. We didn't know it was going to be alcohol or drugs there and we didn't have any of it I swear. " I lied, the less she knew the better.

" Ok fine but how did you get there ? " She asked.

" Oh ... um some friends offered us a ride. " I said looking down because I know that if I looked up she would see that I was lying.

" Alright fine your punished for a month, but I won't tell your father " She said

" Thanks mom and I'm sorry about lying I'll do anything to make it up to you " I said hoping she would decline.

" Oh now that you mention it you could babysit Gabe this Saturday I let Gran have the day off and me and some of my friends are going out.

" Fine, but I'll have to take him to the school with me because I volunteered for something "

" Alright, good night " She said and left me standing in the foyer.

....................

Saturday ...

" Alright mom me and Gabe are going now, have fun with your friends " I shouted.

" Alright dear but be safe and don't let Gabe touch anything I heard there is some kind of flu going around and we do not need him sick. " She yelled down the stairs.

" Ok, I'm taking my car today " I yelled back up and left. My car just got back from the shop because I had accidently hit a deer a couple weeks ago.

" Alright handsome are you ready to go " I said to Gabe as I strapped him in his car seat in the back.

" Vvv " he shrieked as he tried to say my name.

" Yup we are going to be hanging out with Calvin today think you can handle that ?" I asked knowing he won't understand.

.................

" Hey " I said as I walked into the school and saw Calvin who gave me a smile then a confused look when he saw I was holding a squirming Gabe.

" Who's the kid ?" He asked walking up and tickling him. I though it would be funny for me to trick him like he did me the other night.

" Mine I had him last year " I said with the best straight face I could manage without breaking out into a laughing fit. He looked at me with shock and something I didn't quite understand.

" Re- Really ? " He stuttered shocked.

" Nope ...That ...Was ...too... Funny " I said laughing so hard that I had to take breaths.

" Oh so who is he then ? " he said as he relaxed a little more.

" He is my brother, you idiot why would I have someone else's kid ? I have to babysit him because my mom is going somewhere today and the nanny isn't coming in today. " I explained.

" Now what do we have to do in this " Clean up the school thing " I asked.

" Right now we are taking posters down " He said still tickling Gabe who was squealing with laughter.

" Alright, can you hold him while I go to sign in ? " I asked holding Gabe out towards him, he dodged Gabe.

" Is he going to throw up on me or something ? " He asked hesitant.

" Nope he already did that on me this morning now take him so I can sign in and don't let him touch anything ! " I said remembering what mom told me.

" Ok ! " He took him and threw him in the air. Is this guy asking to get throw up on or what ? Oh well I already warned him sorta.

" Hey there buddy this isn't to bad right " He said patting his back.

" Ok I'll be back in five "

I walked to Mrs. Harvey's classroom along the way I saw students washing walls and Some sitting around talking where are the teachers ? I heard voices from her room as I walked up to it.

" Please honey don't touch anyone or thing ....okay I love you too bye bye. "

" Umm... I'm here to sign in " I said after she hung up.

" Did you hear that ? " she asked and I realized she had tears in her eyes.

" Yeah " I said.

" My seven year old son has th- that new flu my mother is taking care of him I'm sure he will get better but it's little Sophie she's only one and this could kill her if she gets it " She explained whipping her eyes with a couple of tissues.

" I'm sorry I shouldn't be telling you my troubles " She said

" It's fine where's the sheet ? "

" Over there " I signed in and left. That was weird Mrs. Harvey crying she either is mad or really mad. I walked back over to Calvin who was washing a wall and Gabe was in his carseat watching closely. It was utterly cute.

" You won't believe what I just saw " I said grabbing a wash rag from the bucket and started to wash the wall. I know rich kids washing stuff doesn't sound right since we go to one if thee most expensive private non uniform schools. We know how to wash things they made sure to teach us that first in kindergarten. In case you have to do a little work you won't be standing there looking stupid.

" I don't know kids washing walls ? " He said with a smirk.

" No, idiot I saw Mrs. Harvey crying "

" Why ? "

" I think something to do with her kids and the new flu going around "

" Oh, I never knew she had kids she's always so mean I thought it was just a nasty divorce or something. " He said looking at me.

" When do we get out of here ? "

" I don't know, we could just cut now and go grab something to eat " he said with a devious smile.

" We could couldn't we ? "

" Yup "

" I say we go and have lunch now, besides Gabe is asleep " I said dropping the rag in the bucket.

" Can you get Gabe and we can take my car " I offered he huffed and bent down to pick up Gabe's car seat.

" What do I look like a babysitter ? And it's cool my dad took mine because I'm failing Mrs. Harvey's class " He said with a frown.

" Are you an only child ? " I asked changing the subject.

" Yeah my mom and dad had me when they were thirty and after raising me you wouldn't want anymore kids " He joked.

" Cool, it's only me and Gabe. My parents decided after sixteen years of a little girl they wanted another child, which is Gabe he is named after my father Gabriel Chase Carter's. " I explained as we walked to the parking lot where I parked my car twenty minutes ago.

" Do you know how to buckle him in ? " I said as I watched him put Gabe in the car.

" Come on I'm a straight D student I think I can figure this out " He said laughing as he tried to buckle him in.

" Ok, fine you do it " He said after ten minutes.

" I would say I told you so, but it seems you wouldn't be able to comprehend that since you're a straight D student " I said pushing in front of him to buckle Gabe in which I did in five seconds flat.

" What are you calling me dumb ? " he asked as we got in the seats up front.

" I don't know am I ? "

" I don't know, what are you're grades since you think your sooo smart freckles ?"

" Three A's, Three B's, one C and one D "

" Well alright Einstein ! "

.............

" Where do you want to eat ? " I asked after we drove around....a lot.

" I don't know "

" Well we are about to go to Mc Donald's if you can't decide " I said rolling my eyes. He looked thoughtful for a moment which was cute.

" Fine that's good I heard they have a new burger, I want to try out "

" Ok "

We pulled up to a Mc. Donald's I got Gabe out of the car slowly as not to wake him. " I'll have the a number ten with a large coke " I said to the lady who was at the cash register. This place was awfully empty for a Saturday, I mean there's a theater across the street so their are always teens like me eating here all the time .

" And I'll have the number six with a large sprite. " Calvin said.

" Ok, that will be 11.98 "

I reached into my pockets to pull out my credit card that my father gave me when I was fifteen. He puts about fifteen hundred dollars on it a month even though I don't even end up spending five hundred.

" It's fine I got it " Calvin said swiping his card which was similar to mine before I could.

" Thank you " We both said at the same time we laughed.

" You two are the cutest couple I've seen and your son is very handsome he'll be a heart breaker when he gets older " The old lady exclaimed happily.

We both looked at each other burst out laughing. Me and Calvin ? No way, and Gabe as our child ewwww that would mean we have had to ......Ewwww . I mean don't get me wrong Calvin is cute and I would love for me and him to go out but he looks like the type to have sex with you then dump you. I think it's best we should be friends. But most of the time I don't listen to what my mind says anyway.

" We aren't a couple we're just friends and that's her brother " He explained still chuckling, I tried to hide my frown. I mean it wasn't that funny - me and him together as in a couple.

" Well you guys would look good together " She said handing us our food.

" Ummm thanks ? " I said picking Gabes Carseat back up which was sitting on the floor while we talked, Calvin got the trays.

We found a table and started to eat.

" So, what happened after I left the party ? " I asked taking a sip of my soda.

" Oh yeah that was some exit did you get in a lot of trouble ? " He asked worry laced his voice.

" Well I'm punished for a month and my cellphone got taken away, but other than that nothing. But Glenn's parents almost took her out of school and were going to put her in a all year round private school. Alex's parents just threatened her again to kick her out " I said shrugging, he just nodded.

" When you left people started to throw up probably from alcohol poisoning and most of them left about an hour after that. That's why some many people were absent and also no one comes to school on the last day of school anyway. "

" Oh yeah what are you doing this summer ?" I asked trying to change the subject.

" Ummm nothing my parents might go to France to our cabin or something again, what about you? " He said stirring his straw.

" Nothing either, but my parents are trying to have a family vacation to Russia because my fathers side of the family lives there. " I explained I have two uncles and one aunt in Russia they also own many businesses here also.

" Hey I think the kid stinks " Calvin said sniffing and wrinkling his face up.

" I'll be back " I said getting up an taking Gabe from his car seat. He was still half sleep, I hurried in the bathroom with his diaper bag and laid him down on the changing table.

" Alright you little rascal lets get you changed. " I said cooing at him which he returned with a sleepy smile. I pulled back his pants then his diaper and sure enough he had pooped a lot. Great.

" All clean " I said ten minutes later walking out the bathroom and dropping his dirty diaper in the trash bin. When I went back Calvin had a worried look on his face and was holding his phone tightly.

" What's wrong ? " I asked sitting Gabe in his carseat and strapping him in, he was wide awake now.

" My mom said for me to come home soon, she said there's something on the news that is saying for everyone to stay indoors or something ? " He said still looking at his phone.

" I've never gotten a warning text from her before " He said grabbing Gabes Carseat and walking to the car. I hurriedly took our trash and threw it away and ran after him. He was waiting by the car so I could unlock it.

" I got Gabe " I said taking him from him and strapping him up.

" Where do you live ? " I asked.

" Three o Five Donaworths Road " he said I knew exactly where that was that was about a five minute walk from our house.

" Oh ok we live five minutes up on Seven Thirty two Rickasin Road. " I said as we made our way to his neighborhood.

..........................

" Bye freckles and Gabe " Calvin said waving as he got out the car. His house was huge it had to be at least four floors it looked more like a hotel than a house.

" Bye Cal " I said using his new nickname. That got a small smile, he must really be worried. I had better get Gabe home and see what's going on.

...............................

" Mom ? " I yelled when I got through the door of my house.

" Yeah honey we're in the Living room " She called back. We're ? She must have brought her friends back or something.

" Hey honey " My dad said getting up from the couch.

" Dad ? " I asked and put Gabe's carseat down and gave him a hug.

" What are you doing here ? " I asked pulling away.

" Nothing just got time off to be with my favorite girls and my little man ! " He said bending over to unbuckle Gabe and pick him up.

" Did you give him lunch yet ? " Mom asked.

" No he was sleep most of the time but he did have a pretty stinky mess " I said.

" Good, how about some lunch ? " She said taking Gabe from Dad and walking to the kitchen.

" So, young lady what's been going on since my last visit ? " He asked.

" Umm nothing just the same old "

" Well that's good "

" Dad have you heard about that new flu going around I think it's getting worse because Cal's parents made him come home immediately and also something about staying indoors ? " I asked

" Yes I have and whose Cal I've never heard her name before " He stated.

" Ummm Cal is a boy and we both were at the Volunteer thing today " I said not wanting to talk about boys with him it's bad enough talking about them with Mom.

" Vivian have I ever told you about the birds and bees ? " He asked knowing well enough he already has six times before.

I sighed " Yes dad mult-" I was cut off by my mom yelling in the kitchen. We both got up to see what was going on.

" What's wrong ? " I asked as my dad went over to take Gabe from her.

" Shhhhh" She said pointing to the T.V

" Ladies and Gentleman you need to stay indoors please avoid contact with anyone that has the following symptoms : Red eyes, headache, throwing up, dizziness. We will report back in five minutes with any new information. " A news reporter said reading from a piece of paper.

" What does this mean ? "

" I don't know but we should listen and stay put " Dad said, then the screen lit up again.

" Ladies and gentle we have just received news from Red Cross that this is a dangerous virus. You need to evacuate immediately the border will be open for anyone that is not sick to leave it will close Monday at twelve p.m. you need to evacuate now, I repea- . Hold on we just have received incoming news the CDC are saying that it may be very dangerous to come in contact with the ..... Infected?.... "

" Viv honey go upstairs and pack a suitcase for you as for Gabe only things you need me and your mother need to have a little talk. " dad said looking just as shocked as I was.

" Ok " I said running up the stairs and going in Gabes room to grab some of his things. I just put in seven little T- shirts, two long sleeved ones because where ever we are going could be a little chilly. I put in three pairs of jeans and six pair of shorts also socks and an extra pair of shoes. I put his baby powder and extra wipes and things in the top zip pouch. And last but definitely not least his teddy bear which he can't sleep at night without. Then I went down the hall to steal back my phone from my parents room. It was in the top draw of my mothers dresser. I turned it on and texted Glenn and Alex to let them know what's going on.

I'm pretty sure they know because anytime the news is on Disney channel it's on every channel. Next I went to my room got out my much bigger suit case I hated the color it was a hot pink with black leather straps it was made by some Italian designer I think his name begins with and L or something. I put some T - shirts and shorts and two hoodies also three pairs of jeans and two more pairs of shoes. I also put in some socks and underwear and bra's. I put some lotion and shower gel also my face cleanser and Perfume.

I lugged the suitcases downstairs. This is so weird I mean we just have to leave out of the blue. This is probably just another little cold that they blew up.

" Mom I'm finished packing where are we going exactly ? " I asked her, dad went upstairs to pack for them.

" We are- " She stopped mid way by a knocking on the front door, which caused Gabe to cry out in his sleep.

" Viv could you get that ? " She said trying to cradle Gabe and rock him back to sleep.

" I said I'm coming ! " I said the person was ringing the door bell like crazy.

" Calvin ? " I said as I opened the door.

..................................................................................................................

PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE COMMENTS .

THANKS :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.6K 43
I aburtly stand from my bed when I heard my apartment door opening with a 'THUD' sound.I quickly run to the front room only to see a guy sucking a bl...
324K 9K 50
Ryan was holding my arm and with other arm he was ready to pull my sleeves up again. I immediately held his hand. "Please please do..don't" I tried...
114K 7.1K 50
~Thank you for the continued love for this series! I was 13 when I began this book, and am now taking the time to go back to completely rewrite it, a...