Wet

By kobealcala

Arielle Tesfaye's senior year immediately turns upside down the second she finds out about her switch to anot... More

1. An Impending Storm
2. The TigerSharks Pt. 1
3. The TigerSharks Pt. 2
4. Plunging into a New Beginning
5. Son of a Beach
6. Into the Abyss
7. Sink or Swim
8. Tidal Wave of Emotions Pt. 1
9. Tidal Wave of Emotions Pt. 2
10. Sharks Smell Blood
11. Evening Bait
12. Swimming to Shore
13. Drowning In Friend Zone
14. Princess Ariel of The Sea
15. A Splash of Love
16. The Stingrays Pt. 1
17. The Stingrays Pt. 2
18. A Hail Storm of Events
19. A Pool of Illusions
20. Fishing for Help
22. Caught by the Fishing Hook Pt. 1
23. Caught by the Fishing Hook Pt. 2
24. The Sting
25. Back into the Shark Tank
26. Seiche of Tears
27. Bathing in Awkwardness
28. Plenty of Other Fish in the Sea Pt. 1
29. Plenty of Other Fish in the Sea Pt. 2
30. When Two Waves Clash
31. Diving into River Styx
32. Sea of Lust
33. A Night to Remember
34. Frostbite Pt. 1
35. Frostbite Pt. 2
36. A Sunset of Secrets
37. Blood Rain
38. A Dip Into the Past
39. Boats Against the Current
40. A Small Ripple for a Large Ocean
41. A New Aquarium (BONUS CHAPTER)
SEQUEL NOW PUBLISHED!
A VERY SHORT THANK YOU

21. Preparing the Bait

94K 3.4K 1.2K
By kobealcala

"Why the hell would you let them talk over you? You would've simply just said no." Vanessa argued, as I told her about my 4 dates to Winter Formal.

"Look, I can't reject Andrew since I need to get switched back, I can't reject Matthew because I'd feel bad, I can't reject Levi because I originally have always wanted to go with him, and Logan I can't reject because I don't wanna be switched back to The TigerSharks with him having any problems with me." I cried, praying for her to accept my strategic plan to make everything work out.

"Who's the other girls you're talking about?" Vanessa breathed, visibly taking in my explanation of why I can't reject anyone.

"I was thinking Savannah, and someone else but I don't know yet." I replied, my mind racing for another girl. "Wait I got it! What about that girl I saw in the festival with Levi?" I exclaimed.

"What festival? Wait what?" Vanessa furrowed her eyebrows at me.

"Oh right you weren't there." I anxiously smiled, knowing she probably would wanna hear about what happened. "Well, there's this girl Levi and I met in a festival, and her boyfriend is in the same team as me."

"Arielle you're so stupid, why in the hell would she agree to take your place with Matthew, if she's probably already going with her boyfriend?" Vanessa snapped, putting my mind back into place.

"I'll try to make it work, don't worry." I sighed dryly, looking down at my bed.

"CASHMERE!" I exclaimed, catching up to him as he walked his way into the locker room. "I need your help."

I explained my situation with him and how he totally agreed about how crazy my plan was. But for some reason he agreed? Wait he agreed?

"Wait what?" I asked curiously.

"I'm not gonna be able to go to the Winter Formal thing anyway since I have a football game. I'm pretty sure Diamond will be able to help you." He smiled sweetly, moving a piece of long golden curly strand of hair, away from his face.

These overly privileged rich parents and their overly privileged rich kids being named after expensive materials, I can't even..

"Do you think she'll agree?" I opened my mouth as I suddenly noticed everything coming together.

"Yea, she will." He breathed, taking a pause to continue speaking again. "She'll be coming after practice today so you'll be able to talk to her."

"I cannot thank you enough Cashmere!" I smiled brightly to show my gratitude, proceeding to walk to my locker to grab my towel.

After my warm and relaxing shower, I then spotted a girl who probably was Cashmere's girlfriend, Diamond.

I wanna meet their parents and know their naming system because if I were their baby I would've been named something luxurious too, like caviar.

"Oh my gosh!" She screeched as her dark chocolate colored eyes landed on me. "It's so nice to see you again!"

"It's nice to see you too!" I smiled widely, trying to cover up the embarrassing fact that the only thing keeping my private parts from hanging out is this thick and long white towel. "Sorry that I'm only wearing a towel, I'm a mess." We laughed in unison, returning back her friendly hug she was offering.

She playfully rolled her eyes. "Don't worry about it, I can relate."

I took a second to regain myself as I spoke again. "I'm guessing Cashmere already told you about my little situation." I anxiously bit my lip, making sure my body was still covered.

"Oh my gosh yea, you're pulling in so many guys!" She exclaimed, catching the other boy's attention to look at me.

"Well even though it might sound rewarding, it really isn't. I'm not asking you to go on like a date with another guy, but just maybe grab their attention from me." I pursed my lips at her, observing her emotionless face as it stared directly at me.

"I'm in." She smiled gleefully.

"That's it?" I laughed, my eyes widened from her quick answer.

"Yea it sounds fun! Plus Cashmere here won't be able to go cus of his game, and trust me I always go at his football games and all I rather do is go home and watch Netflix while I eat a whole tub of ice cream." She laughed hysterically, noticing Cashmere throwing her a playful dirty look.

"SAME!" I replied, laughing at how what she said strongly relates to me.

"You know what, we should go grab some coffee after this and get to know eachother better. You seem really funny." She bubbled energetically, tucking a strand of her blond hair behind her ear.

She seems like one of those people that get excited over everything, I like it.

"Sounds like a plan." I smiled.

"Hey, I'm Vanessa." Vanessa shook her hand gleefully, followed by Savannah which was my other friend.

"Aye, I'm Savannah!" She greeted, happily hugging her.

Diamond introduced herself to everyone as I took a sip of the delicious drink she introduced me to.

We probably stayed in the café for such a long time that I can already feel my hair receding and my wrinkles starting to get deeper. All we talked about was how it felt to be in The TigerSharks and how hot they were and how I was so lucky in meeting all these guys.

"But 4 dates? Damn!" Savannah exclaimed, finishing her 3rd cup of coffee off. "I can't even find me a decent non fuckboy ass boyfriend, and here you are asked by 4 boys? That's injustice!" She laughed.

What she said caused our whole group to laugh out loud. "Look, trust me it's not as nice as it sounds. That's why I gathered the three of you here." I took a pause, preparing to tell them my plan.

"Savannah you can be in charge of Logan, Vanessa you can be in charge of Levi, and Diamond you can be in charge of Matthew, while I stay in charge of Andrew. All you guys have to do is make them your dates while I hang out with stupid Andrew to hopefully be switched back to The TigerSharks." I explained monotonously, taking turns observing each and everyone of these girl's faces.

"Damn, a date with Logan Greene though! Sign me up." Savannah cheered loudly, catching some looks all around us.

"Matthew's like, Cashmere's best friend, so I'm pretty sure he'll understand." Diamond inserted.

"Levi? really?" Vanessa scoffed at me, catching my attention. "Arielle you already know he's not gonna go with me since he already planned on going with you. You should've just told him no instead of being a muted toad about it. I would understand if it was someone like Max or something, but Levi is different and you know that. Just tell him no you can't go, he can't even cry about it because you guys aren't even dating. You always make a big deal about everything." She sighed, making me think about her point.

"You know what. You're right! I'm gonna tell Levi no. Right now." I murmured, pulling out my phone to text him.

Everyone's eyes quickly turned to watch every word I was typing, making me sort of feel uncomfortable and tense.

"I'm sorry Levi, but I can't go to the Winter Formal with you. I was already going with a boy named Andrew that basically owns the school and promises to switch me back to The TigerSharks if I go to Winter Formal with him. I'm really really sorry! Hope you're not mad, I promise I'll make it up to you." sent, quickly biting my lip in anxiety as he immediately  saw it.

New message from Levi (aka) Future Boyfriend.

"It's fine." His message read.

I don't know if he means that as "it's fine" he doesn't care. Or the girl type of "it's fine" which means he's actually really bothered about it.

But considering the fact that he's a boy. It's probably the first one.

Plus, he has said "it's fine" to me for a lot of times.

"Now that our group's plan is settled. Let operation Kim Possible commence." I announced melodramatically.

"Ew boo, why Kim Possible?" Savannah crinkled her lips.

"I don't even know, it was the first thing that came up in my mind." I laughed, causing the others to laugh too.

REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTE! <3 THE SEQUEL IS NOW PUBLISHED!

Childhood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 7.8K 79
In the day-to-day trenches of high school, it is almost the default-setting to believe we are the main character of our own coming-of-age story. Thi...
1.8K 90 33
Book 2 of Unrequited: Air and Sea. Arie is now officially starting school. Everything is overwhelming him - the squad is demanding, his classes are i...
7.6M 173K 73
Rosé My past haunts me. It has tainted me. But I haven't let it ruin my happiness. I only want love but I'm afraid of not being enough. And crushing...
83.3K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...