Don't Forget About Me (Zacky...

By KristinaWay

It's the year 1999. Olive Jackson just moved in with her best friend, Valerie Williams, and is trying her bes... More

Don't Forget About Me (Zacky Vengeance)
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Epilogue

Chapter Four

1.1K 25 0
By KristinaWay

I wanna clear some things up:

1. The songs I put to the side are just random A7X songs I was listening to at the time I was ending the chapter. They do not involve the chapter at all, unless by coincidence.

2. I DID NOT NAME VALERIE AFTER SHADOWS' WIFE. I was listening to Amy Winehouse (just the song) and I was short of name ideas. Pure coincidence.

Now to the chapter.

__________________________

Chapter Four

Zacky's POV

The fire blazed and cackled as all of us were gathered around, sitting on our beach towels, legs crossed. Wendt Matt had his girlfriend, as did I, but Shadows Matt and The Rev were alone. Just the six of us sat on the beach.

Suddenly, Shadows raised his beer. "A toast to the six of us, this awesome campfire, and most importantly, to Avenged Sevenfold!"

He all cheered and kinked bottles, taking drinks. I was on my third one, and I was only a little drunk. My girlfriend, Lilly, however, was totally wasted.

"Zacky," she drawled, tracing her finger down my bare chest. "I'm out of beer. Would you be a dear and go get me one?"

All the guys gave me looks, and I'm sure I looked as uncomfortable as I felt. "Sure." I stood up, only wearing swim trunks, and ran back to The Rev's truck, where we had the cooler in the bed, stocked full of Budweiser.

I grabbed another one, but I felt arms wrap around my waist. I set the beer down and tried to pry the arms off me. "Lilly, you're drunk."

"I know. But you're not." She pulled her body close mine and her tongue slid down my chest, but I stopped her before she could go any deeper.

"Stop it. We're at the beach, and it's a cook out," I ordered. She pouted and wrapped her arms around my neck, meshing her lips to mine.

I hated horny drunk people.

I pulled her off. She frowned and gave me her best crossed-eyed puppy dog eyes. I grabbed her arm and shoved a beer in her hands. 'Let's hope after this one you pass out,' I thought to myself. At least she wouldn't try to bang me.

I basically dragged her back to camp. I sat her down next to me and she, still wobbly, opened up the beer and started to chug it. She was going to have such a hangover in the morning.

I didn't drink anymore; everybody else was piss drunk, and somebody had to drive them home. Matt W. and his girlfriend, who's name slips my mind, were giggling and making out. Matt S. and The Rev were pushing each other around for fun, and I just continued to sit there, watching as Lilly tried to get me in her pants.

I couldn't get Olive out of my mind. She was there 24/7. I loved her smile, her bright red hair, the confused look that she sometimes gets that's just so adorable. I used to love Lilly, but we just started dying, and only she is trying to revive us.

When Lilly was truly getting on my nerves, I shoved her off and stood up. I walked away and I heard "Where ya going?" from behind me. It was The Rev.

I reached the truck and dug around inside. Finally I found a grey t-shirt I knew I was going to need. I slid it on and walked back to the camp. At least now Lilly would stop clawing and licking my chest.

We were there for about 30 more minutes before I got annoyed. "Alright, guys, we're done." I threw two logs, the main sources of the fire, into the ocean and grabbed Lilly. Everybody wobbled behind us, towels in hands, and piled into the truck. Matt W, his girl, and Matt S. sat in the back. Lilly and The Rev sat in the front with me while I drove.

I was drunk, but I could still operate unlike those boneheads.

Lilly was pouting, half asleep. Everybody in the back seat was passed out. The Rev was staring out the window blankly. I kept my eyes on the road as I spoke. "You're not as drunk as you seem, are you?"

"That depends. How drunk do you think I am?" he slurred, more out of exhaustion than intoxication.

"Not as drunk as these four," I replied, driving out of the beach and on the highway.

"You're right. I'm not. But you don't have any fun unless you act like you're totally wasted. You, for example, just looked bored and annoyed. Where's the fun in that?" he asked, eyelids half closed. His spiky blond hair was clumping to his face from the water.

"Somebody's gotta drive you idiots home," I laughed. He smiled and his head lolled back to his original position. When I heard snoring, I knew I lost him.

 I successfully dropped everybody off at their apartments. The Rev had to crash at my place because he had gotten drunk enough to where he couldn't drive home.

I opened the door and flipped on the lights to my tiny apartment. It was all I could afford with my stupid job at the guitar center. He groaned and I led him down the hallway to the only bedroom in the house; mine.

It was small and decked out in guitars and posters. I threw him a t-shirt and sweatpants and left him. "Goodnight," I called. I heard a garbled response and I chuckled.

I guess I was sleeping in my swim trunks tonight.

I grabbed a blanket from the coat closet and flopped on the lump couch. I threw the blanket over me and fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow.

~*~

"Okay, I played it, now what do you want me to do?" Olive asked.

I leaned my head back and stared at the cieling, doing my best not to throw up. That wouldn't be a very good thing. "Just...uhh...play it again."

"I've played it seven times...are you okay?" she asked out of nowhere. I put my head back where it should be and tiredly removed the sunglasses from my face.

"Zacky! Your eyes are bloodshot! What did you do?" she asked, instantly concerned. I loved that she cared, but I was about to get yelled at.

"I...got a couple drinks last night..." I was a lot hungover than I thought I would be.

"You're not supposed to be drinking so much. You're only 19, Zacky. You can really hurt yourself with underage drinking," she lectured.

"I know, I know. But I was the most sober out of the group," I explained with some form of pride. She still didn't look impressed.

"You need to go home and get rid of your hangover before you puke," she ordered.

I shook my head. "I'm fi--"

I felt something coming up my throat and I bent over as I threw up all over the floor in between my shoes. I heard an 'eww' from Olive and I looked up, fighting back my eyelids.

"That's it. I'm taking you home. Give me your keys. I'll let somebody know you're hungover as hell." She grabbed my arm and pulled me out of there. Luckily, the place was empty except for one very confused looking man covered in tattoos.

She shoved me into a car  that looked like mine, but I couldn't be sure since everything was so fuzzy. She groaned and stole my car keys from my pocket and shoved them in the ignition, throwing her guitar case in the back. I closed my eyes and let the darkness win.

"Zacky! Zacky! Wake the hell up!"

I blinked my eyes open and we were still driving. I checked the time and I had only been asleep for five minutes. "Where do you live?"

"Sunnyside apartments," I explained sleepily. I was more tired than sick.

When I woke up again, we were parked right in front of my apartment. How had she figured out where I lived? "How'd you get to the right one?"

"I asked the guy at the drive in where Zackary Baker lived," she explained. I forgot you could do that.

She pulled me out of my car and dragged me up the stairs. She threw me on my bed and I went face first into the mattress. "Get into bed, I'll go get you ginger ale and a puke bucket."

I climbed into bed and she returned with a fizzing clear liquid and a bucket. I evaluated the glass and smirked. "That's Sprite, isn't it?"

"You didn't have any ginger ale. Now shut up, drunkie." Harsh. She set the glass on my bedside table and the puke bucket on the floor where I usually bend over to hurl. "I'm leaving. Don't move until you feel better."

"Bye," I called in a sing song voice. She gave me a little sassy wave and she left the house. How was she going to get home?

Then I remembered; the friend gawking at me was her ride.

I felt bad she had to take care of me, but the more I thought about it, the whole thing brought us closer to each other.

And eventually, we would be inseperable.

__________________

Somebody had to be drunk.

Turned out to be Zacky.

Vote/comment. c:

-Kris

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.4K 75
It was one of those heart-stopping moments where I didn't know what to do. Down to only one photograph, my life was about to change. Completely. What...
83.2K 1.9K 46
Nikki had a drunken one night stand on her 21st birthday, causing her to lose her virginity to a man she barely even knew. Only remembering his brown...
15.5K 1K 38
All Ryder's life, he loved two girls with all his heart, mind, and soul. He cared about them so much that he would give the shirt off his back, if th...
9.2K 313 15
This story is about a girl who goes through nothing but pain. She feels unloved and unwanted, thinking that she doesn't belong here she one day finds...