Sid Charming (Sidney Crosby)

By SParkForces

Ella is a normal girl, who happens to have a best friend that works for the Pittsburgh Penguins. Ella herself... More

Chapter 1- A Day in the Life of Ella
Chapter 2- Finishing the Week
Chapter 3- Mystery Girl
Chapter 4- Moving in with the Flower Family
Chapter 5- Still Hiding
Chapter 6- A Date?
Chapter 8- New Jobs
Chapter 9- Falling Into Place
Chapter 10- Should I or No?
Chapter 11- Suspicion vs Proof
Chapter 12- Finally

Chapter 7- His Fan Too

305 9 4
By SParkForces

     Sunday mornings... THAT MEANS PANCAKES!! Veronique always made special breakfasts on Sundays, today, she promised me pancakes. And that's the smell I woke up to. The scent spread through the house, finding it's way to my room. I inhaled and my eyes shot open. I was so excited, I nearly ran out in only a night gown, a very revealing one, I might add. I quickly threw on my bathrobe, and made my way downstairs. I jumped on the stool, where I usually sat, and waited. All of a sudden I heard laughing. I looked across the table to see all three of the Flower family, getting ready to sit. I just huffed and asked, "What? I like pancakes" Then another voice from the living room, said, "Yea, same" I turned my head and saw Jordan Staal standing there with a grin. I jumped up and ran to him, engulfing him in an Ella bear hug.

     He said, "Hey Ella" I asked, "Staalsy,when did you get here?" He just replied nonchalantly, "the team is playing the pens tomorrow, so I thought I'd stay here for a day" I smiled and let out a small, woohoo! Then I let go of him and made my way back to the table my phone went off, as I had gotten a text. It was from Sidney. It said,
Hey Ella, want to do something tonight?

     I replied,
Sure

     Then I quickly ate five pancakes, and replied,

I'll be ready by seven

     He replied,

Okay, I'll be there

     After that, I went upstairs to get dressed. I pulled on some black tights, a dark red skirt, a black shirt, a navy green jacket, and my brown, floral combat boots. Then I threw on a dark red beanie. Once I applied a small amount of makeup and brushed my hair and teeth, I walked downstairs. We all decided that we would take a trip to the Pittsburgh zoo together. Estelle was as excited as I was. I haven't been there since my father passed away. We all climbed into the car, Estelle sitting in between Jordan and I. We all sang to the radio on the way, very badly sang. We arrived and piled out of the car, and into the entrance. Marc immediately demanded that we go to his penguin first, so we all agreed. Once at the penguin exhibit, Marc began frantically looking for Fleury.

     Once found, he started cooing to the penguin and acting like a dork. Then we heard Jordan say, "Hey they kept Staal!" Sure enough, there was a penguin with a Staal name tag, that could probably care less about the grown man yelling at it. Veronique and I laughed about it, and Estelle was distracted by the Dupuis penguin who was trying so hard to be really friendly. We laughed again, and this time Marc and Jordan joined us. About a third of the way through, Sidney showed up, shocking Jordan and I. Marc just blatantly said, "I invited Sid as well" I rolled my eyes at his stupid attempt but we carried on anyway. Sidney and I were usually together, and at one point, I could here Jordan ask, "What's with those two?" To which Marc replied, "They like each other but neither of them care to admit it" he said the last part a little louder, to make it obvious, but Sidney and I both ignored him with eye rolls.

     Then Marc whispered something to Jordan and I caught the name, "Cinderella" I glared at Marc who just sheepishly grinned. Jordan's eyes widened and said, "Dang Ella, you sneaky peach" I raised an eyebrow at the silly name, but then just shrugged it off, turning back to the zebras. Sidney had asked if I wanted to split from our group and see the penguins again, so I shrugged and said, "Sure" I told the others I'd see them later and followed Sidney back to the penguins exhibit. Once we got there, Sidney asked to see his penguin. The staff kindly obliged and brought us to the back room, set up gates in the door ways, and brought in Crosby. The penguin went immediately to Sid, which was actually really cute. He pet the penguin, and gave it treats that the staff provided. Then he moved one hand towards me, causing the bird to follow.

     Crosby inspected me and eventually decided I was good enough, as it crawled onto my lap and snuggled into my torso. The staff and I both gave out little, 'Awwwww's and then we had to go. Sidney and I both thanked the staff and said goodbye to Crosby who let out a sad noise, that was adorable. We left and Sidney drove me back to the Fleury household. Before I got out of the car, Sidney said, "I'll see you at seven?" I nodded and asked, "What is the dresscode?" He shrugged and said, "Classy-casual?" I nodded and climbed out of the car. He said a small, "Bye Ella" with a grin. I waved goodbye and said, "See you later Sidney" Then I walked inside and was met with Jordan and Marc sitting on the couch with their arms and legs crossed, looking me directly in the eye.

     I closed the door behind me and rolled my eyes. Marc said, "Well?" smiling.

I just ignored both of them and walked to my room, where Veronique was sitting on my bed. I shut the door behind me and she said, "Tell me all about it!" I chuckled and said, "I would V, but I kinda have to get ready for part two of our 'date'"

She gasped slightly and asked, "What time do you have to be ready? and what's the dress code?!"

I smiled at her enthusiasm and answered, "He'll be here by seven, and I have to dress classy casual"

She choked and pointed to my bathroom that I shared with Estelle. She said, "Shower. Now"

I followed as instructed, and knew as well as anybody, that she was setting up an outfit for me. I was so thankful for her. I showered, spritsed myself with perfume, and made my way out of the bathroom. I slipped on the underwear and bra she picked out, and then slid on the dress.

After I did that, she blow dried my hair and brushed it out, before putting some of it up and then curling the rest of it. After that, she did my makeup. I made sure she didn't go too heavy on it.

The dress was hers, but it fit me perfectly. It was also light purple, just like my ball gown was. Oh this could be interesting.

I slipped on the pair of heels she set out for me, and the jewelry. Then she made me stand up and spin for her. I did and she hugged me and said, "My baby, you grew up too soon. Look, look!" I chuckled as I approached the mirror on the closet door.

I did look very pretty. The dress complimented my slight curves, and this color always looked good on me. My make up was light and pretty. The jewelry wasn't too flashy, and the heels went well with the outfit. It was perfect.

I turned to Veronique and hugged her. I thanked her and said, "You're the best sister anyone could have" She hugged me back and said, "Any time Ella, I love you" I smiled and cleared the lump in my throat, letting me know I was going to cry, and said, "Love you too V"

Then she moved towards the door and said, "Let's show the boys their drop dead gorgeous sister"

I nodded and she slowly turned the nob. She peaked out into the living room where Marc and Jordan were playing Mario Kart. She cleared her throat and Marc quickly paused it, frightened that his wife was going to yell at him.

She said, "May I introduce, Sidney Crosby's CinderElla for the night"

Then she motioned for me to come out. I did, slowly, and when I did, the boys' jaws dropped and Jordan said, "Wow, I wish I was Sid, again"

I glared at him and he put his hands up in defense and said, "Kidding. Jeez"

They got up from the couch and Flower came over and hugged me. He said, "You look beautiful, but be careful. I don't want you to get caught if you're not ready for that"

I nodded and smiled at him. Then Jordan came and hugged me too and said, "You look beautiful Ella. Knock him dead. Please, I don't want to play him in the game" I chuckled along with the rest of the group. Then we saw a car pull up and a few minutes later, there was a knock at the door.

My heart sped up slightly and I took a deep breath.

Marc walked over to the door and opened it. I gave Veronique a hug and whispered a small thank you to her. She kissed my cheek and said, "Have fun tonight Ella. You deserve it"

I turned towards Sidney who had wide eyes.

He muttered a small, "Wow" and kind of got lost in my appearance. Marc nudged him with his elbow and Sidney snapped out of his trance and said, "Ella, you look gorgeous"

Marc smirked took my hand and led me closer to Sidney. He said, "Yes, but you two should get heading. Have her home before midnight Mr Crosby. I mean it. Take extra good care of her, she's my little sister"

Sidney nodded, stood up straight, and replied, "Yes sir. Will do" Then he offered his arm to me and I locked mine with his. Then he led me out the door and helped me into the passenger side of his truck. Then he climbed into the driver's side and we both waved to the Fleury couple and Staalsy, as we started to pull out of the driveway.

We arrived at the local Olive Garden and I internally fist pumped. I LOVED Olive Garden and anything pasta.

He helped me out of his truck and we walked in. He stepped to the podium and said, "Reservation for Crosby"

I heard a small gasp from behind me and saw a little boy looking at Sidney with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. His father was just as shocked. I started chuckling and I pointed them out to Sidney. Then I reached into my purse and pulled out a pen and a piece of notepad paper. We were led to our table and I handed Sid the paper and pen. I said, "You should sign it for them, and write a little message"

He smiled and said, "You don't mind?"

I shook my head and said, "They adore you as much as I- as any other fan, so I think they deserve it"

He grinned and took the pen. He started writing on both pieces of paper and wrote messages. Then he took the pen with him and said, "I'll be back"

I smiled and nodded.

He was gone for maybe three minutes, and then he came back, with a grin on his face.

"It went well?" I asked. He nodded and replied, "They were really excited and said that they were really big Pens fans and that they hope I find my Cinderella"

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened. It always gave me a short shock when he mentioned the Cinderella thing, but I decided to roll with it. Sidney chuckled and said, "You good?"

I fixed my facial expression and said, "Uh yea, sorry. So how's that search going?"

He shrugged and said, "She's cryptic as ever with her small hints. Now I get why the prince in the movie was so determined. I literally can't get her out of my mind. She's perfect"

I slightly smiled. On impulse, I said, "Tell me more about her" Because I loved hearing him talk about me that way.

He smiled at me and said, "She's blonde, she had the most precious hazel eyes, her laugh was adorable and contagious, she is an orphan with a terrible step-family" his gaze turned to me slowly as if he was realizing something, "she looked great in her lavender dress, and butterflies seemed to really suit her. Her voice was soft and melodic, and at one point I heard her softly singing and it was really beautiful"

Then he leaned over the table with his elbows. He stared me directly in the eyes and said, "You have beautiful hazel eyes Ella"

My breath caught in my throat and he reached his hand forward and when his hand grazed my cheek, I flinched. It made me remember the feeling of when he tried to take off my mask at the ball.

However, he only took hold of a lock of my hair and held it in his hand. He slowly pulled back his hand, watching carefully as my shoulder length hair retreated. He was so close to figuring it out, I thought I might explode.

We ate our meal in a comfortable setting, with short and meaningless conversation. The food was all amazing and Sidney insisted on paying the entire bill because of "chivalry". I just rolled my eyes at that and thought, "Wow, what a princely thing to do" and to that I chuckled.

He drove me home and helped me out. I thanked him for the night and lightly kissed his cheek to stop him from any extra Cinderella thoughts. Then I quickly left to go inside. Thankfully nobody bothered to stay awake.

I immediately went to my room, took off my makeup, and changed in to my night gown, for bed.

As soon as I set my head on my pillow, I passed out, with a soft smile on my face and the image of Sidney and his smile in the back of my head. Goodnight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 2.2K 72
When a new girl joins the Penguins medical team she's not what anyone would have expected, especially not superstar Sidney Crosby. Also posted on AO3...
23K 179 37
Elise Letang is the twin sister of Penguins defenseman Kris Letang. After her mother died things changed she was forced to take care of her siblings...
9.5K 258 43
Mia has been supporting her sister, Ella, for the last 3 years after they ran away from home when Mia was only 18. She has worked up to 3 jobs at a t...
3.2K 57 11
𝐍𝐎𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐒 a girl who was forced to move out of her college and transfer to the same one as her brother 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐌 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 the popu...