RECONNECTED // L. Lawliet x R...

By -LAWLIPOP-

[COMPLETED] It's been almost an entire decade since you ran away from the orphanage, leaving everything, and... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
⚠️MATURE CONTENT WARNING⚠️
⚠️chapter 21.5⚠️
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 (FINAL)
A final author's note / authors Q&A

Chapter 1

19.3K 323 363
By -LAWLIPOP-

~small disclaimer~

please take a moment to read:

Hello everyone - author coming at ya from 2021 here.

Just here to let yall know that this fic is OLLLDDD AS HELL, and was written when I was very young and had absolutely no experience with story writing, or relationships.

As a result, this fanfiction IS NOT AN AUTHENTIC OR HEALTHY REPRESENTATION OF ROMANCE - as I wrote it as a preteen who had no prior experience with that aspect of life, and had a very immature idea of what it was all together.

So, for those of you who have found yourselves here; thank you for checking it out! However, my newer stuff is

~☆~ASTRONOMICALLY BETTER~☆~

Trust me on this one. I wrote this at 13-14 years old, and I am now a fully independent adult in my 20s. I know what I'm talking about, kids.

If you want an L x Reader fanfiction that ticks some of the same boxes as this one does, check out Runaway instead, my current ongoing work. I, the author of both, will thank you for it.

I promise you that Runaway has much more of a solid story to it, and has much more editing and feedback than this one ever did. More reads does not equal better!!

If none of that deterred you to read Runaway instead, please enjoy.

Just know that something better is waiting for when you're done ;)

~♡~

It was early spring. You were only six, and still living at Wammy's House.

Flowers were just starting to bloom, and the air was fresh and crisp-especially in the morning. It was your second favourite time of the year, with fall being at the top of your list. You had only just woken up, and as always, your room was cold. Very cold. Nobody else had the same problem, at least not that you knew of. The other girls you shared the space with didn't seem to mind the temperature, but maybe you just get chilled easily. You roll over to try and get comfortable, containing as much heat under the thin blanket as you can. It was 7:30 in the morning, and the sun had just began to creep into the windows, casting long bands of light across the room that reflected off of small dust particles floating freely in the air. It was quite beautiful to see your room at a time like this, even though you really weren't a morning person. All the other kids woke up at around 8:00, and so did you most days, but today was different for some reason. Nevertheless, You were glad that you had a little time to yourself to do whatever you wanted before the house came alive. After you fully wake up, and realize there's a 0% chance you're falling asleep again, You slip from your bed, your feet not liking to touch the freezing floor. You eventually stand up, Making sure you made a minimal amount of noise, and you quickly made your way to the girls washrooms, happy to have it for yourself for once in your life. After around 5 minuets, you slink out of the washrooms quietly and decide to head downstairs. May as well take advantage of the fact that you basically had the whole place to yourself for the early morning hours.

You then paced down the flights of steps, hoping nobody else had woken yet. You absentmindedly swung around the corners, not even looking where you were heading as you let silly thoughts run through your head, and before you even can realize it, you fly around a corner and smash head on into a figure only a bit larger than you. They instinctively grab your sleeve and your shirt to prevent themselves from falling backwards and down the final flight of stairs, and they accidentally push you back trying to save themselves, throwing you off balance and you both tumble onto the landing behind you. There was a weight on your chest, and as you reorient yourself you notice that they landed right on top of you, and that it was a boy. You quickly realize and scramble backward on all fours, staring at the figure. You got a good distance away and and very briefly take in how he looks. Thick unkempt Black hair. White shirt. Blue jeans. And very lightly coloured skin. He looked to be a little older than you, but not by much. Maybe 1 or 2 years. He sits upward and looks at you, and you lock eyes for merely a moment, but it seemed to be forever. Making the scene that much more awkward and tense.

"I thought I was the only one awake."

He says, breaking the silence with a very monotone voice.

"I-I uh...u-um...n-no...I-I'm sorry for crashing into you!"

You stammer as you quickly stand up and begin to race back to your room. You could hear him respond with a brief statement, but it went right over your head, and you had no idea what he he answered with. You look back briefly about half way up the staircase and he's still there, just looking back up at you with a blank expression. You snap your head the other way, and almost slip again on your way back up. You bolt into your room and quickly get back into bed, hide under the covers, and just hope that was all a dream. You think about it, and realize you hadn't ever met him before-or even seen him around for that matter. You peek out of the blankets and over at the clock. It was almost 8:00. If you're lucky you might have 15 minuets more of quiet. You start to wonder who that boy was, and if you'll start noticing him around more often. You get lost in thought, and before you know it, you hear other girls waking up and starting to talk to each other, with more and more chiming in as time passed. Soon enough, everyone was up and at 'em.

You popped your head out from underneath the blanket and looked around the room. It was what you always saw, some girls jumping around on the beds and others talking in large groups. You secretly wished you could make friends, and be part of one of those "circles", but sadly social interactions never were something that came easily...To put it bluntly you were a loner. It was ok that way though, it gave you all the time you wanted to draw in your sketchbook, and maybe even get better at art. Your dream for when you were "all grown up" was to be an artist for a tv show like Spongebob or maybe even Scooby Doo. ((You're a kid ok)) Not to be a boring detective like all the adults here wanted you to become. You let random thoughts run through your head, and it felt that no time had passed before one of the adults walked in and said it was time to get dressed and downstairs for breakfast. You quickly put on a plain white collared shirt, and a knee length (f/c) skirt. You tucked it in as best as you could, but usually one of the older girls helped you to get it looking nice. You promised yourself you would be able to do it yourself one day though. You got fully ready for the day and soon enough filed down with the rest of the kids to go get some food, bringing your sketchbook and a short blunt pencil with you. Breakfast was the same as it always was: juice, fruit (which you were forced to have at least one piece of) some toast with jam, or a bowl of cereal. It was your choice to decide which one you wanted. You didn't particularly care what one you got, it was always whatever was closest. You really were never a picky child.

Once you had your food, you went into the back corner you always went to. Nobody bothered you there. You put your tray down and opened your sketchbook to a drawing you've been working on for some time. It was of a bird, but you couldn't get the wings or the beak right...which made this particular drawing exceptionally frustrating. You had a few bites of food, and as you were about to press the pencil down to the page, someone pulled out a chair at the same table you were sitting at. It caught you by surprise, as it had never happened before. You shot your glance up, and you immediately recognize him.

Oh no.

You thought as you tensed up. It was the boy from earlier. He gestured to the seat across from you, and you nodded. You weren't raised to be rude and to decline someone a place to sit just because it's near you, but he did make you just a little uneasy. Especially after you noticed the way he was sitting, perched up with his knees at his chest. You looked him up and down, and your eyes wandered to his plate. Dry cereal and some strawberries. Nothing else. Realizing he was a bit "out of the ordinary", you tried your best not to stare or look weirded out. He didn't say a word yet, he was just poking at his cereal, making a dissatisfied face. You could understand why, you've had the same one before and it was not as sweet and sugary as it looked. It was made of lies. Still without a word between you, you flipped to a different drawing and continued on it. You never thought your drawings were that great, but they were definitely above average for your age. You tried to block out the weirdo across from you as you continued to work on your picture, but you felt he was looking at you, and your sketchbook...Which you didn't like others to see. Especially not strangers. It was a feeling you couldn't just ignore easily.

"Do you want something?"

You ask, immediately regretting the hostile tone of voice you had used. He seemed a little taken back at the sudden statement, but he appeared to already have an answer. Like he knew what you were going to say and when.

"I don't really want anything. I just found our encounter earlier to be interesting. I hadn't seen you before, so I thought I would introduce myself."

His comment was sudden, and you weren't sure how to react. A whole stew of feelings was inside you, from confusion, all the way to flattery. He didn't bother to even look up when he spoke to you either, as he was too preoccupied with squishing cereal between his fingers.

You eventually mumble a response, close up your book, and look up at him. He was looking back at you this time, and he was gnawing at his thumbnail. He had extremely dark grey eyes, and he looked as if he hadn't slept much. Even if he was a bit scary, he somehow intrigued you, and you were compelled to know more about him.

"Who are-I mean, what's your name?"

You ask, trying hard not to come off as rude.  He shuffled a bit and let his eyes wander to his knees. He seemed to be pondering something, and before you decide to say something about it, he looks up with that same emotionless expression.

"...why don't you just call me L."

~*~

A/N:

Hello everyone! I hope you liked the first chapter of Reconnected! I know this chapter might have been a little slow moving, and kid-like, but I really wanted to "set the foundation" for a good story. In the future this part will be important! This is the first chapter of my first story, so I hope y'all enjoyed it, and stay tuned for the next addition! Next chapter will be fairly interesting, and will definitely get the ball rolling for the rest of the story.

Hope to see you again soon!

- Galaxy Cats🐱

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 177 20
You're fresh to the world of professional acting, although you've been training your whole life. Specifically, you have performed as several testimon...
31.2K 667 30
Random situations in which I like to put L and (Y/N). Enjoy~
14.6K 247 26
WARNING: I DO NOT CONDONE THE RELATIONSHIPS SHOWN IN THIS FIC/GAME MINORS DO NOT INTERACT, OR AT LEAST BE +14 WHEN READING FIC DEALS WITH HEAVY TOPIC...
73.3K 4.7K 69
L Lawliet, worlds greatest detective and possibly the smartest person alive... can't talk. Well, he can, but only to those he's deeply connected with...