Stargazing || Sirius Black

By ieatbrains

"Beauty isn't going to get you everything you want, Black." "No but it certainly helps." More

synopsis
epigraph
one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
Part II

five

10.8K 384 260
By ieatbrains

Chapter Five: That's awfully Gryffindor of you

"I absolutely loathe him," Lily fumed as the two girls walked together during their rounds.

This was how they usually spent their prefect duties, mostly because when you do it with your best friend it doesn't drag out as long.

Theia laughed, remembering what had happened in potions class earlier this morning. "I'm sure he didn't mean to do it," she assured her friend.

Lily scoffed, "He's a bloody tosser,"

Earlier that morning in potions, James was watching Lily and Severus who had been partnered up. Severus being the person he is decided that he could kill two birds with one stone and blatantly flirted with the oblivious Lily mostly just to piss off Potter.

Naturally, toerag was green with jealousy and hexed snape but it had rebounded off the cauldron and right at Lily who promptly burst into rather larger, horrid looking boils.

Needless to say, Lily was furious and James was mortified.

"At least he apologized," Theia pointed out, and then furrowed her eyebrows. "Profusely."

Lily shook her head, "He hasn't stopped apologizing since it happened, I can't understand how he doesn't see that I'm not interested."

"He's persistent, I think it's sweet,"

"You're joking me," the redhead glared.

"Okay, it's a bit annoying but his heart is in the right place. He'd give you both of his kidneys you only need ask," Theia retorted.

Lily rolled her eyes, "I wouldn't accept anything from that twit,"

Theia grinned widely at her fiery friend. "He's like a little puppy, always following you around like he does."

"Puppies are actually quite nice to look at, I wouldn't call Toerag easy on the eyes," Lily responded.

Theia shot her friend a look, because they both knew that what had just came out of Lily's mouth was a complete and utter lie. "Lily, he's probably the fittest boy in our year,"

"Really? What about Sirius then?"

Theia furrowed her eyebrows. "What about him?"

Lily rolled her eyes. "Are you going to deny that he's good looking?"

"I'd rather not blow up his substantial ego," she muttered.

The girls continued their rounds together, having already caught two snogging couples. Theia found it comical especially when Lily began shouting profanities and taking house points away.

"Honestly, it's school not a bloody brothel,"

Theia choked, and opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by a string of profanities and shouts.

The two girls looked at one another and made their way down to the dungeons where they had heard the voices coming from.

Once down there, Theia's eyes widened, because there in front of her was a duel between eight very familiar boys.

"What is going on here?" Shouted Lily, her green eyes flickering with fury.

Promptly, four marauders, and four Slytherins: Severus Snape, Rabastan, Jeremy Nott, and Avery, stood Wands in hand, mid-curse looking as if they had just gotten caught breaking into the ministry of magic.

"Lily, love," James started.

"Don't call her that," snapped Severus.

James glared at the greasy haired git. "I didn't realize I took orders from you, Snivelus."

"Oh how clever you pea brained, imbecile--"

"Shut it!" Lily shouted.

Both boys quickly shut up.

"How dare you speak to them like that, filthy Mudbloo--"

Before Rabastan could even finish his sentence, or before Theia could think better of it, she had already had her wand raised.

"Stupefy." And a shot of red light flew from the tip of her wand and hit Rabastan squarely in the chest, causing him to fly back several feet.

While he was groaning on the floor, five pairs of eyes just watched her, mouths dropped to the floor.

"I hate that bleeding word," Theia mumbled to herself. Her gaze snapped to the boys who watched her and even Lily couldn't believe she had done it. "What?" She snapped.

Quickly, the three other Slytherin boys ran over to Rabastan, trying to help him up but were met with refusal.

The Pureblood got back on his feet and glared heatedly at her, unhappy that a girl had bested him.

"You're going to regret doing that," he spat.

Theia wanted to throw her head back and laugh, but decided that she probably shouldn't add fuel to the fire. "I'm shaking," she remarked, rolling her eyes.

She had turned around, in order to talk to Lily who still was looking at her friend in wonderment, and hadn't realized that Rabastan had raised his wand at her.

In the middle of the incantation, however, he was thrown back once again but by Sirius Black who had hit him with a stinging jinx.

Theia was left utterly speechless, because it was the second time that Sirius had saved her from Rabastan.

"Bloody coward," Sirius muttered under his breath.

"Did he...?" Lily said at a loss for words.

"Yep," replied Theia.

"And you?"

"Mhmm,"

"What just happened?" Asked Remus who had up until this point remained silent.

"Yes, what did just happen?" Came a shrill and strict voice.

Theia and Lily groaned knowing exactly who that voice belonged to.

"Eight students out of bed at such an unholy hour, in my office immediately."

"Yes Professor McGonagall," seven voices said, bitterly, except Rabastan who still lay groaning on the floor.

______________________________

The eight of them sat inside of Professor McGonagall's office which held so much pent up tension that Theia felt as if she were suffocating.

The silence was incredibly awkward as the shrill yet brilliant witch stared daggers at them from her desk.

Finally, she sighed, her hooded eyes never leaving the eight students.

"Firstly," she said, the tone in her voice making Lily flinch. "You two," her fingers pointing to Theia and then Lily who both must've resembled ghosts.

"Profess-" Lily stopped when the Deputy Headmistress raised her hand to silence her.

"I am severely disappointed in you both, as two prefects you are meant to be role models for the younger students, not blasting up hallways,"

Theia felt a surge of guilt move through her because it was her fault that she had gotten her best friend into this mess.

"Professor, it wasn't Lily, she was trying to stop them-- I was the one who hit Rabastan with the spell." Theia explained quickly, not wanting the shrewd woman to interrupt her.

McGonagall stared at the Slytherin girl for what felt like several agonizing minutes before answering. "Very well, Miss Evans you are free to go,"

Lily exhaled a sigh of relief and shot Theia a grateful look before walking out of the office.

"Miss. Gaunt, what possessed you to attack another student?"

"He goaded her Professor," Remus shouted, both James and Sirius nodding in agreement.

"I believe I asked Ms. Gaunt the question," McGonagall said strictly.

Theia fiddled with the hem of her shirt nervously, especially because the Slytherin boys looked about ready to hex her.

"Rabastan called Lily a Mudblood," she told her, hating the sound of the word on her tongue.

Professor McGonagall looked absolutely horrified. There was one thing she couldn't tolerate-- blatant disrespect, and the degrading word was the most pure form of it.

"Is this true?" The Professor asked Rabastan who only shrugged, feeling no regret for his actions.

"It was only the truth," he told her.

"Shut up!" James shouted, "You disgusting excuse for a--"

"ENOUGH!" Professor McGonagall shouted. "I've dealt with you four far too often for my liking, this little hatred you have for the Slytherins cannot continue to cloud your judgement, I will be seperating your detentions,"

Theia felt cold and sudden panic hit her hard, she couldn't be stuck with the four boys, they would tear her apart. One or two she could take, but not all of them.

"Except for Miss Gaunt, who will be serving detention with the Gryffindors."

It wasn't ideal; but it was far better than the other option.

"Go back to your dormitories, I'll see you all tomorrow evening at 6 o' clock, and I'll be letting Professor Slughoen know about your punishment as well," she promised.

Outside of the office, Theia waited for the four Slytherin boys to be out of sight before she started walking.

"Hey, Gaunt!" Shouted Sirius.

Theia turned around, not expecting the shaggy haired boy to be bounding after her with the other Marauders in tow.

"Yes?" She questioned, taking in their smiling faces, especially Sirius who had never smiled at her before.

And it hit her like a ton of bricks because it was the kind of smile that melted your insides. It was pearly white and beautiful so beyond comprehension that Theia found it hard to think for a moment.

What the actual fu--

"What you did back there for Lily," Sirius started.

"Was really brave," James continued.

"Extremely admirable," Peter said giddily.

"And I think we all judged you much too quickly," Remus finished. Even though he was the nicest to her of all of them, he was always rather careful in front of any Slytherin.

Theia just stood there utterly speechless because the last thing she expected was to be getting complimented by four Gryffindors.

Especially these Gryffindors in particular.

They had all hated one another for some time, for the mere reason that she was in a house where all dark wizards and witches were born out of.

The one house that held blood above all else, and she understood why they hated her.

But now, as they talked to her as an equal, she felt extremely pleased with herself because she was finally doing something right.

"She's my best friend," she explained to them. "I will always be around to protect her,"

"That's awfully Gryffindor of you," joked James.

Theia smiled, "I'm starting to think that, perhaps, that isn't a bad thing,"

Sirius just watched the girl he had grown up with and practically hated for most of their Hogwarts career.

She had always been beautiful, in that regal patriarchy, pureblood way. With sharp features, and cream white, blemish free skin, she had been the envy of many girls.

And he had always resented her, because he too thought she was arrogant and insufferable. Along with cowardly, and just like his family.

Just too perfect for her own good.

But for some reason, he was starting to view her in a different light. He could finally see that she was trying. She was trying to break free and do good, and even though he had got the 'do good' part down he had yet to break free. He felt drawn to her in that sense, because they both knew what it was like to live in a world filled with hatred and greed.

They both knew what it felt like to oppressed every single day of your life, and going home felt like a ton of bricks sitting on top of their chests-- suffocating.

They both knew what struggling to fit in, in a world that they didn't belong in felt like. They both knew what it felt like to be different and withdrawn and utterly alone with the people who had raised you.

He respected her, he realized.

"It's really not. Gryffinor's are the best," Peter told her.

She laughed, and it sent odd feelings inside of Sirius. He really liked her laugh, and he hated that he did.

"Ok mates, I'm off to bed. I've had enough of Slytherins for the day," and he was back to his old self, just as Theia had begun to think that perhaps they could get along after all.

Theia rolled her eyes and waved off the boys, walking in the opposite direction.

And she was smiling, more than she ever had before.

▫️▫️▫️

Marcie was pouting the entire morning, as Theia and Lily had sat with her at the Ravenclaw table.

"Why do Ravenclaws have prefect duties with Hufflepuff, I always miss out on the good stuff," she sighed.

"You didn't really miss out on anything," Lily assured her.

"Except Theia blasting Rabastan into smithereens, and Sirius actually being nice to her," Marcie pointed out.

Theia cringed, instantly regretting telling her brunette friend any of the occurrences that happened the night previously. "You honestly have to bring that up every hour, don't you?"

Marcie shrugged, "I'm just in shock, I'll get over it eventually."

"Not soon enough," Theia muttered.

"I'm sorry you got detention," Lily said.

"Stop apologizing, it's not your fault Rabastan's a sodding bloody g-"

"I must say, I'm loving your newfound colourful word choice," Lily grinned.

Theia blushed. "Sorry, he brings out the worst in me,"

"Here, here!" Marcie agreed, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

Both Lily and Theia gathered their books to head off to DADA, and she was entirely grateful that Slytherins and Gryffindors had classes together.

"See you," both girls said to the Ravenclaw.

"Cheers!"

The two girls walked out of the Great Hall together, swerving around other students until they reached the door.

Both girls taking their seats, the pulled out parchment and their quills, taking the notes already written on the board.

"Lily love," a swooning voice came which could only belong to one person.

"Toerag," she greeted civilly, but she hadn't forgotten the day before and still mentally cursed him for the boils she had received.

"I'm truly sorry about yesterday, perhaps I can make it up to you," he told her, running a hand through his perpetually messy black hair.

Theia almost felt sorry for him, because anyone could see the look of desperation and longing in his hazel eyes.

"Potter, just as I have done to your many other offers, I am going to have to decline,"

Theia watched as his face fell but it was instantly back into a smile, and then she realized something.

As arrogant, incorrigible, and irritating James Potter could be, Theia could see the affect that Lily's constant rejection had on him.

The poor boy truly was mad for her best friend.

"I will never give up my darling Lily, to this I swear!" He announced rather loudly and took a seat at the desk behind them which also held Sirius Black.

Theia quickly did a double take, and blushed when the grinning boy caught her looking. Usually the boys sat on the opposite side of class, why on earth did they have to choose to sit behind them today?

"You've got to be joking me, I've truly gone barmey," she muttered.

"What?" Asked Lily who had been too busy writing notes to even notice what had went on.

"Look behind us,"

Lily narrowed her eyes and quickly turned around. Her face turned an embarrassing shade of red more out of irritation than anything. "Godric," she mumbled. "What did I do in my past life to deserve such punishment?"

Theia blinked, "What're you on about?"

"Muggle thing,"

She nodded, realizing that she will never understand muggle terms.

"Good morning, class." Professor Grooters greeted.

Professor Grooters was a tiny man, with a shaven head and yellow coloured eyes. He was the new teacher this year and though brilliant, wouldn't make it into next year.

"Good morning, Professor," the class said in unison.

"Today we will be getting into the new chapter of werewolves,"

Theia didn't notice the looks that the Marauders exchanged.

"We will begin with book work, however, I want you all to do it in groups so turn around to the table behind you and begin,"

Theia and Lily groaned.

"I must've bloody murdered someone in my past life," Lily said.

"Why's that?" Asked Theia.

"Because I have the urge to do it again,"

James eyes widened at her statement. "You wouldn't,"

"I'm mulling it over, but perhaps I will spare you from my wrath if you can manage to keep quiet for the next hour," she told him.

"You're not going to share answers then?" Sirius grinned.

Lily glared at him, "I was under the impression that this was a group effort,"

"Is that what he said?" Sirius responded, feigning innocence.

"Gryffindors," Theia muttered, rolling her eyes.

"The feeling is mutual Gaunt," he grinned. "I can't wait for detention tonight, it should be rather eventful wouldn't you say."

"I don't know, I've never had a detention you twat."

James and Sirius both look at each other, sharing a surprised look.

"Your life is rather boring I take it," James joked.

"Sorry I don't consider detention a fun extra curricular," she told them.

"You see, that's where you have everything mixed up. Detention isn't the fun part, it's what leads to the detentions that are fun," Sirius pointed out.

"Like snogging in a broom cupboard?" She retorted dryly.

He smiled a bright, dazzling smile. "Precisely."

Lily scoffed and muttered under her breath, something about two insufferable prats. Theia couldn't agree more, even though she was enjoying the fact that she was having a somewhat civil conversation with the two marauders they were still two perverted little gits.

But they were definitely not as bad as she once thought, and maybe just maybe she could get through their detention later that night without killing anyone.

________________________________

       McGonagall stared at them with a sharp glare which could probably cut through steel. Clearly this wasn't her first time dealing with the Marauders as they all just grinned widely at the older woman, but Theia was all too new at this and she felt rather intimidated.

It was exactly 6 o' clock and surprisingly to her, the four Gryffindor boys made it in time. Probably because of Remus who she knew was always punctual to anything. Even to Professor Slughorns annoyingly posh events.

Professor McGonagall sighed deeply, and Theia could've sworn that she seen the woman's lips twitch up into a ghost of a smile.

Because even if they all were incorrigible at times, Theia could see why everyone adored them.

Yes, they were all pranksters and  could take it to the next level, but they all stuck together even in bad times. They had brotherly love for one another which just radiated Gryffindor loyalty. They were funny, rash, blunt, and caring all at once-- not to mention incredibly brave.

All their characteristics were honourable and when they got older, Theia had no doubt that they would all make great Aurors or ministry workers.

Perhaps she was going crazy.

"Tonight, you will be cleaning up the entirety of the transfiguration classroom. I want it in tip top shape by 9 o' clock," The older woman eyed their wands poised in their hands and the cheeky looks on the boys faces. "And I will be taking your wands," she added.

Theia groaned internally because as she looked around the dusty classroom she knew that this would take forever especially without magic.

As they all handed their wands over, Professor McGonnagol looked Theia in the eye. "Keep an eye on them will you?"

Theia was taken aback by this. Did she really believe that the four Marauders would listen to anything she would say, or did she know that this was going to be an interesting night for all of them?

"I'll try?" She promised, not really knowing what she was getting herself into.

Once the older witch left, slamming the door shut behind her, James Potter and Sirius Black turned towards their two other friends.

"Well lads, fancy seeing all of you here," joked Sirius.

Remus rolled his eyes at his friend's unimpressive joke before taking a feather duster from the desk.

"I don't understand muggles," Jame's said, eyeing the contraption with curiosity. "How do they even get by without magic? It must be dreadful."

"I'm sure they don't know what they're missing out on," said Theia, dryly, "But perhaps instead of looking at it, you should put it to some use."

"I agree with Jame's." Peter stated. But Theia knew that Peter Petigrew was the type of person who would agree with anyone with the popularity levels of James and Sirius.

"Brilliant," she mumbled.

She picked up a similar contraption to James and began working on the bookcase near the door of the classroom, far away from the boys.

They had been somewhat civil to each other but she didn't want to ruin that knowing that they could be quite fickle.

About halfway through she felt someone breathing down her neck and quickly turned around. She jumped away when she saw Sirius grinning madly at her.

"Sorry didn't mean to frighten you," he said.

"Of course not," she responded, folding her arms across her chest. "Can I help with something, Black?"

"I thought we were past all of those formalities, you can call me Sirius from now on."

She quirked an eyebrow. Was he being serious?

"Pardon?" She asked, just making sure she had heard right.

"I'm not going to say it again, Theia. I'm just saying maybe it's time we start acting nicer to one another,"

"That's a laugh," she told him. "After, what, five years of unjustified hatred towards me and all of a sudden you want to act civil?"

He flinched at her tone, because perhaps he had been rather harsh to her for the past few years. But in his mind everything had been justified because she was the one who started acting like a pompous brat.

"Yes actually." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Look, maybe I was too quick to judge. I've seen what Rabastan puts you through, and I see that you're trying. Which is really all that matters." He told her, and his tone was so sincere she found it difficult to doubt him.

And she really wanted to.

"Really?" She said, unsure. Because you never really knew with Sirius. Sometimes he was charming and lovely but other times he could be dreadful and harsh. There were two very different sides to him and it was like Theia had to walk on eggshells with him.

"Really." He promised.

"Okay," she stated finally.

"Oi, Sirius, Theia! If you two are done flirting we could really use extra help around here. McGonagall will be back in two hours," James shouted.

The two looked at one another and Theia held out her hand. Sirius eyed it warily before grasping it firmly. "Not friends, but not enemies?" Theia asked.

Sirius smiled and simply said, "Friends."

Two hours later the transfiguration room was better than it was but as good as it could get. Honestly, they were teenagers not bloody miracle workers.

"Although I'm surprised I hadn't heard one complaint out of any one of you, I am very impressed with your good work. I was half expecting to come back to a war zone." McGonagall told them.

The Marauders grinned knowingly at the older witch who just narrowed her eyes at them in return.

"Are you sure they weren't any trouble?" Professor McGonagall questioned Theia for the tenth time.

"I'm positive," she assured her. "Believe me, I'm just as surprised as you are."

James put a hand over his heart, and feigned hurt. "Wow Theia, I'm wounded you would think so lowly of us."

Theia wanted to say something like bugger off or sod off, but with McGonagall standing right there she thought it best not to.

"Well, off to bed. Hopefully I won't be seeing you under these circumstances again Ms. Gaunt, sorry I can't say the same for you gentleman."

With that, they all bid her goodnight and walked out of her office into the dimly lit corridor.

"She loves us," Sirius stated.

"That's arguable," Remus retorted.

"Moony, why do you have to be so negative. Is it your time of the month already?"

Theia noticed Remus turn a dark shade of red before glaring heatedly at Sirius. "You're a bloody tosser,"

James and Peter both sniggered at his remark.

"So Theia, Halloween is next weekend. Are you going to the Hogsmeade trip?" James asked.

"I'm not telling Lily to go with you," she said immediately, already knowing where he was going with that statement.

James frowned. "She's never going to date me is she?"

She eyed him carefully, taking in all of what he was. He was not as tall as Sirius or Remus but not nearly as short as Peter. He wasn't as built either, he was actually rather slim but in an endearing way. Theia could see what girls saw in him, because he had boyish good looks. Ones that made you look twice because you didn't get the whole picture at first.

And she wondered why Lily never really went for him, but honestly already knew the answer.

"You're rather persistent, it can be off putting," she admitted.

"Really?" He questioned, his eyes greedy for more information.

Theo squirmed uncomfortably, "Maybe you should just give her some space."

"Why, so some other bloke, like Snivellus can sweep her up, no way!"

She could've snorted if she weren't so ladylike. "Lily would never go for him, he's a friend to her and nothing more,"

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because if she really wanted to be with him she would be," she explained.

Which was true, because practically everyone knew that Severus was in love with the redhead. Despite the fact that she was muggle born or a Gryffindor, but Lily never really gave him any indication that she would ever like him more than a friend.

He was hopelessly in love with her and she just didn't reciprocate the feelings.

James simply nodded, taking in the information but something told her, that he wouldn't be taking her advice seriously at all.

"Well, we'll be off then," Remus smiled politely at the Pureblood witch. "Goodnight."

She watched as three boys  made their way back, having said their goodbyes to her and saw one lingering not too far behind.

"Well this was fun," Sirius said, his stormy grey eyes captivating her in a way that made her stomach twirl. "See you tomorrow, Theia."

She smiled brightly at him, extremely ecstatic that they were finally getting along. "Good night, Sirius,"

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying this story so far. It's kind of like my baby LOL. I'm trying really hard for it to be interesting and well written so forgive me for taking a bit to update. I kind of want it to go by rather quickly seeing as it takes place in their 5th year and I still have year 6, 7 and after years to get through because there WILL be a sequel which I'm sorry excited about that will be an OC x George Weasley.

And yes, it will be Theia and Sirius kid.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1M 18.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
330K 19.1K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
461K 16.6K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...