Forced + Arranged = Love Marr...

By Mubashra55555

Saud and Maria don't want to get married. Saud is an angel in his parents eyes but what they don't know won't... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9

Chapter 8

260 10 2
By Mubashra55555

*= = = = = PLEASE READ BEFORE READING THE CHAPTER :-) = = = = = *

Hey guys I'll try and keep this short because I know you have been waiting for sooo long to read the next chapter. I am sorry for such a late update. I was very busy with exams and stuff and just before exams even started my laptop broke and I only just got it back a couple of weeks ago so bear with me, there is more to come. Enjoyy :)

*= = = = = THANKS FOR READING :-) = = = = = *

Chapter 8

Maria

This can't be happening, I think. This can't be happening. I shut my eyes tightly and open them again only to discover I'm standing in complete darkness. No I can't do this right now. My hands are trembling.

"Please God let this be a horrible dream." I whisper, clasping my hands tightly, under my chin.

No matter what I do I can't stop what's going to happen next. I know what is coming and I can't stop it. My mouth is dry and I feel like I can't breathe. My heart beat becomes more rapid I don't move. I'm so scared, I can feel my heart beat getting faster and faster and that's when the images come flooding back. That was when I stopped struggling, I gave in, reliving the worst day of my life.

Saud

Just when I think things can't get any worse I get proven wrong. I stand there in the darkness shocked at the turn of events. I am such an idiot I should not have touched Maria. But I just couldn't help myself. If anyone had walked in at that moment, this situation would have gone from bad to worse. But when I went over to apologise to her, she was crying, she looked so vulnerable. I wanted to do everything in my power to just make her smile, especially since I was the reason she was so upset. Dammit to be precise it's not even my fault. I sigh, if only she would just listen.

I hear Maria gasp; oh shit I hope she's not afraid of the dark or anything. She sounds like she's struggling to breathe. Crap. What am I supposed to do? What if she's having an asthma attack? Hoping she won't attack me, I cross the short distance between us easily tentatively. I reach out and feel her hair, I grab her shoulders.

"Maria, are you ok?" I say to her.

Shit, she's trembling really badly. She is shaking so bad I'm surprised she's able to stand. Not knowing what else to do, I shake her hard, trying to get her to talk but there is no response. Come on Saud think. What could be causing this? If she was struggling to breathe she would have called for help, I think. So it can't be an asthma attack. Wait a minute is she scared of the dark? Yes that has to be it, I think, trying not to panic. Maria needs some-one and right now I'm the only one here so I need to help her.

I put a hand on her cheek, I'm surprised she hasn't pushed me away or slapped me yet. Something is seriously wrong. I need to calm her breathing, she is hyperventilating the last thing I need is her fainting on me in the dark. Holding her face in both of my hands I step closer to her.

I stop as I feel something bump against my chest. I think it's her hand. I reach out and confirm my suspicions. Her hands are in a fist, they are so cold. I hold them tenderly, rubbing gently to get them warm. I am standing close to her I can feel her body quivering. I feel like shaking her and telling her to snap out of it. But I know it is not that easy. I move my head closer to her right side; I can feel her hair against my cheek. It is so soft, it feels like silk. It smells even better. I brush my nose against her hair and inhale her scent.

I whisper reassuring words into her ear, it doesn't seem to make a difference but I continue to do it anyway. I don't know how long we stand there, so close together, but finally she starts to relax in my arms. I breathe a sigh of relief. Thank God that was scary.

"Maria are you ok?" I ask gently rubbing her back. I want to comfort her and make all her nightmares go away, I think. Wooahh where did that come from? I shake my head, to clear out the stupid thoughts that are beginning to cloud all the sensible thoughts.

If there were lights in the room I would have noticed, but in the darkness I only realise she is crying when I feel Maria's tears soak my shirt. She has her forehead against my shoulder. I hold her tighter.

"It was ... my fault. Please .... do something. Please why won't he open his eyes" She mumbles in between sobs.

"Everything is going to be ok. You're going to be ok. I'm here, don't worry, darling" I whisper softly into her ear.

But nothing I say seems to make a difference. It's like Maria is not herself. She continues repeating that it was all her fault.

I want to call for help and demand that someone open the door. But I am too afraid to let Maria go. She acts all tough but in my arms, in this state I can't believe how fragile she is. This girl is going to drive me crazy. Just as I am debating whether I should seriously go get some help before this situation takes a turn for the worst, the lights come back on. Phew! I feel so relieved. Maria seems quiet and much more relaxed now that the lights have come back on.

"See I told you everything would be ok." I tell her.

All she does is move closer to me, if that is even possible. She rests her forehead on my shoulder. She hugs me so tightly, as if she's afraid I'm going to disappear into thin air.

"Maria, are you okay?" I ask uncertainly.

I am not sure what to do, so I rub her back gently to comfort her. I know I should just let her go before someone walks in and gets the wrong idea, but at the same time I want to keep comforting, even if it is for a few moments. I want to know what is going on in that head of hers. What is she thinking?

"I'm ok as long as you're here... I thought I lost you" She whispers.

I don't know what to say. I have no idea what she is talking about.

Maria

I half open my eyes to the light but only get that far before the wonderful masculine smell of wood, spices and herbs hits me. I breathe a sigh of relief, resting my forehead on his shoulder. I welcome the feeling of safety and security. I don't want to stop feeling like this. I hug uncle Adam tighter when he asks me if I'm ok. He sounds a bit different. But I ignore that and tell him I'm ok because I know what he's like, always worrying about me. I'm so glad he's ok I was so scared I thought I lost him. When I tell him this he becomes stiff, which is very unlike Uncle Adam.

I step away from uncle to look up at him. When I do all my hopes are shattered.

Standing before me is the same arrogant Saud, except he is wearing a shocked, serious expression on his face; he seems unsure how to react when I take a step back. I turn my head away from him, I can't even look him in the eye I'm so embarrassed.

Oh my God he probably thinks I'm a freak. How am I supposed to explain myself to him without sounding like a complete nut case?!

I can't look at Saud, so I start pacing back and forth. I have never felt so embarrassed in front of some one in my entire life. I know if I think too much into this I'm going to make an even bigger fool of myself. So I launch straight into it.

"Look...um... Saud... I'm...uh..." I clear my throat, great going Maria, I tell myself. Well I'm not exactly sure how to continue it's hard without knowing how he's reacting to what I am saying. Oh my God and now I'm having an argument with myself, in my head! I roll my eyes. Ok Maria, you can do this, big deep breath, in and out. You've got this.

"Okay what happened earlier, can you just make sure that stays between us?" I ask Saud quietly.

"Maria, look at me" he says roughly.

"I can't" I whisper.

When he doesn't respond I know he is angry. He must think I'm angry I am not. I don't know how long I stand there; I can feel his gaze on me. He continues to stare at me.

Finally I look up at him. And I thought I was stubborn. Guess I just met my top competitor.

"Happy?" I can't help but make the snide remark.

"Very, now can you explain to me what just happened because for a minute there I thought I was going to have to call your family and all hell would break loose" Saud states calmly. I can tell he is trying to contain his anger and remain calm by the way he has clenched his jaw so tightly.

I swallow, suddenly feeling very nervous now. How do I explain to him about the fear I haven't even had the guts to face up to myself?

When we fear things I think that we wish for them ... every fear hides a wish ~David Mamet

*= = = = = THANKS FOR READING :-) = = = = = *

I hope you enjoyed this chapter I have so many ideas for the ones ahead I just need to get Maria and Saud out of the attic! lol I decided not to do a song for this one because I can't really think of one that goes with this chapter but if you have any suggestions let me know and I shall consider them :) Let me know what you thouhgt of this chapter I hope you're not getting bored!!

Please vote, comment and fan

Thanks for reading guys :)

xxx

*= = = = = THANKS FOR READING :-) = = = = = *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 48 71
when the food is free has a group chat SHIPS INCLUDED: -two hands two stans (obviously 1) -stapoldy (obviously 2) -mentioned past tacobell -(later on...
342K 11.4K 31
Yuu Sakamoto, just your average high school kid. Well, until he got into an accident and lost his life. But then G0d decided to give him an option to...
41.9K 333 7
Viewer discretion is advised !!
2.8K 149 16
Marriage is about equality . But here Meera is a final year students and an introvert as the name of friends she has only her family. She is most c...