Tethered

By LordoftheBres

"The girl is mine" he all but growled, motioning with a tilt of his head towards me. In that moment I knew e... More

Tethered
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen

Chapter nine

15.3K 633 98
By LordoftheBres

Hey guys! I've finally finished the chapter! Woohoo! Sooooo, this chapter is dedicated to orangeraindrop because she totally motivated me to finish this chapter and plus she's just really awesome! Like seriously, she's the reason I have way more veiws now haha If you like Blaire's spunkiness you should really check out her story, How to Save a Life, Felicity is totally badass lol I really owe you a cyber hug, girl! :) <3

Chapter nine

On my way out I snatched up one of Teddy’s hoodies, knowing it was freezing cold outside. Once in the car I wipe away a couple of stray tears and make sure to swipe my snot away with the sleeves of his hoodie. Then I was off, honestly not knowing where in the hell I was going. I had no money on me, I had no real friends that would let me stay the night, I was hopeless.

After driving around aimlessly I found myself parked outside of Fevah’s house. Pulling the keys out of the ignition I attempted to take calming breathes, not that it worked. What was I doing? I shouldn’t be here. Those thoughts didn’t stop me though, because I soon found myself on Fevah’s front porch pacing back and forth in front of their door.

When the porch light came on I froze, my heart nearly pounding it’s way out of my chest. Next the door swung open and I fought with myself not to just run back to the car and speed off. I didn’t want to bother them.

“Blaire?” came a confused groggy voice.

Too late now.

So there I was in Teddy’s oversized hoodie, head lowered, and nose stuffy. I wondered how crazy I looked to a sleepy Glanda. I looked towards her and shot her an apologetic smile. I could feel my face flushing in embarrassment.

“I’m sorry, Glanda. I didn’t mean to wake you up I-” I didn’t get to finish.

Before I could say another word I was wrapped up in her arms. This just made me cry all over again. Glanda comforting me made me think of my mom and how she wouldn’t do anything like this because my parents thought of me as a traitor now. If I thought about it too much it would probably drive me into depression or some shit. So I tried not to dwell on it too long. 

“Let’s get you to bed, honey” Glanda murmured, ushering me into the house and up the stairs.

I ended up in Fevah’s room. After Glanda tucked me in and kissed my forehead, like I was a child, she left me to sleep. She hadn’t asked me any questions, not one. And for that, I was glad. I didn’t feel like explaining my complicated relationship with Teddy. With a dejected sigh I hugged one of Fevah’s pillows and forced myself to sleep. The sweet smell of Teddy along with Fevah’s cologne mingling, lulling me further to sleep.

*****

                Knock, knock, knock.

                I scrambled up from the bed and allowed my mind to piece together why I was in Fevah’s room. Oh, yeah. Teddy’s an asshole, I’m a bitch, and Glanda’s the mother I’ve always wanted. Wiping the drool from the corner of my mouth and rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

                “Come in” I call, noticing how scratchy my voice was.

                The door swung open to reveal a distressed looking Glanda. I hopped up from the bed and made my way to her. Not liking the way she was wringing her hands nervously. Before I could ask her what was wrong she spoke.

                “Blaire, there is someone here for you”

                I froze, my face draining of color, as I took in what she said. Someone here for me. Ugh, can I not have one freaking day alone, just one?

                Nodding I brushed pass her, making my way downstairs to my imminent doom. With a groan I stop at the front door and look over my shoulder.

                “Thanks for letting me stay the night, Glanda” I call out to her before stepping out the door.

                As soon as I was out the door I was being snatched up roughly, not that I’m surprised.

                “Give me the keys” is all he says.

                I dig in his hoodie and hand them over, not even glancing at him. He was not getting a response out of me besides the cold bitchy kind. He tugs me off the porch and to my car, which I see Devin is in the drivers side. I don’t say anything about it, even though I’m itching to cuss him sideways, for rubbing my car in my face. He opens the passengers side door for me and I climb in, strapping in my seatbelt and eyeing the oh so interesting floor board. He stood there holding the door open for a minute. I know he was staring at me, but I kept my eyes on the floor board. I also know he was waiting on me to flip out on him, insult him, argue with him. That wasn’t going to happen.

                With a sigh, he shut the door and made his way over to his car. Little bitch.

                “Look, he’s really sorry, okay? He told me what happened and I swear he didn’t mean anything by it; he was just drunk and angry. He’s just frustrated, alright? You should have seen him this morning…I’ve never seen him so scared, he thought you had ran away” Devin tells me, trailing my car after Teddy’s.

                I let this new information soak for a while, picturing Teddy close to tears and for some reason I felt just the teeny tiniest bit guilty. I shake it off though.

                “How did he find me?” I ask after a while.

                He shrugs and makes a sharp turn. I glare at the side of his face.

                “I don’t know, the bond? Or just a good guess” he answers, turning up my radio to drown out the awkward silence.

                We don’t talk anymore after that, just listen to his stupidly loud screamo music until we pull up at Teddy’s. I hop out of the car eagerly, Devin’s driving is beyond reckless.

                “Don’t flip shit on him, okay? He’s had a rough morning, buttercup” Devin calls from the car, before backing out and speeding off.

                “What an idiot” I mumble, making my way into the house.

                Teddy is already here, so I ready myself for whatever he’s about to throw my way. He’s sitting in the living room, head in hands. I don’t know what to do so I just stay in my spot near the doorway. I fiddle with his hoodie sleeves to distract myself from the awkward and tense silence going on.

                “I was wondering where that went” he said randomly.

                I had no clue what he was talking about and since he hasn’t even looked my way I couldn’t even guess.

                “What?”

                “My hoodie” he answers, still not looking at me.

                I make a move to take it off but he’s up and pressed against me before I could even comprehend what was going on.

                “You can wear it” he whispers.

                Oh boy. I’m in trouble.

                I stay silent and stare at his broad chest, not daring to look up into those dangerous dark eyes of his. I don’t know what he’s playing at but I don’t like it. I swallowed loudly.

                He pressed himself closer to me, slyly wrapping his arms around me. I stayed still, stiff as a board. He nuzzled my neck, making my heart go spastic.

                “I’m so sorry, Blaire” he whispers against my sensitive skin.

                I shiver and huff out a surprised breath, he was effecting me more and more each day. This sucked ass. I don’t respond to his apology though.

                “I know I hurt your feelings and I’m sorry. I didn’t mean most of what I said, especially when I called you…out of your name. I was just angry and frustrated and taking it out on you. Just please don’t run off like that again, I thought you had…” he trailed off and tightened his hold on me.

                “How did you find me?” I ask, my voice flat.

                “I know you better than you think I do”

                I snort and mutter a ‘yeah right’ under my breath. But apparently he has super sonic hearing.

                “You crinkle your toes in your sleep, you don’t drink the milk when you’re done eating cereal, when you think nobody is around you like to watch cartoons, you never-” I cut him off by covering his mouth with my hand.

                I glare up at him, taking in his features for the first time today. His face was still paler than usual and now he had faint dark shadows beneath his eyes, but he still looked handsome. Whatever, I’ve seen better.

                “Okay, I get it. You’re creepy and know a lot about me” I say, removing my hand from his mouth.

                “So do you forgive me?” he asks, looking desperate.

                I think over all the bull crap he has just fed me and wonder what would happen if I don’t forgive him and just bitch him out. But, to be honest, the begging and physical attention he’s giving me has softened me up some. And I’m tired of this whole push and pull routine we have going on. I’m tired of everything. I just want to go back to bed.

                “Whatever, I’m sleeping in your bed” I say, shoving him away and heading to his bedroom.

                “Whatever you want, love” he murmurs from somewhere behind me.

                Once in Teddy’s bed I drift off again, knowing that I had went way too easy on Teddy. I groan and want to punch myself in the face. Why did I make it so easy for him? Why did I let him butter me up? And why in the hell did I suddenly like the fact that Teddy knows the little things about me? No, no, no, no. Something was wrong with me, I would never allow myself to feel these things freely. Nope. Something was seriously wrong and I didn’t like it. Not one bit.

*****

                The following day I wasn’t too surprised when I got an angry phone call from Fevah. It was a given. I figured Glanda would have called him up and told him what happened. To say the least, the call didn’t go over well. He seemed to already be annoyed with me for not keeping in touch, and as he told me that it really hit me in the face. It was already starting and I hadn’t even noticed. We were growing apart.

                Needless to say, I got all defensive like always and said something along the lines of ‘a phone works both ways’ and that seemed to just piss him off further and to top it all off I refused to tell him why I had showed up at his parents house at the crack of dawn bawling my eyes out. He was livid, not use to me keeping things from him. Even though I felt like crap about keeping him out of the loop, I refuse to tell him I came to his house crying all because Teddy hurt my feelings. That would be one disastrous conversation and he would definitely accuse me of liking Teddy and I just couldn’t handle that.

                He eventually gave up, saying ‘If I find out that bastard has hurt you and you’re keeping it from me Blaire, it’s not going to be pretty’. He ended the call shortly after, muttering that he loved me but hanging up before I could say it back. Well, I guess I could have went about that a better way. Too late now.

                What was left of the day went by as it always did, uneventfully. I did find out that Teddy worked with his dad. They did stuff with home and building designs, architect stuff, I guess. Teddy had told me this as I watched him make us dinner. I don’t know how he figured out I was wondering what he did as a source of income but he just stood there in front of the stove, blabbing on and on about this and that. And what was most disturbing was that I found myself sat on top of the counter listening intently to what he was telling me. Of course I pretended to be more interested in my chipping nail polish than whatever the hell he was talking about, but I doubt he cared either way, he was probably just happy I was sitting near him and not blatantly ignoring him.

                Being stuck in the house all the time, twenty-four seven, really does a number on you. I mean, I must be so out of it that I’m actually accepting Teddy’s company. Like what the fuck is wrong with me? I must be super desperate for some, no any, type of attention. I make a mental note to keep in touch with Fevah so I won’t go crazy or break down and do something stupid and he won’t be as pissed anymore so that’s always a plus. I just need to hurry before my phone gets cut off because my parents obviously aren’t going to pay the bill anymore and I’d rather die than ask Teddy. What to do, what to do?

                “Who taught you to cook?”

                Silence. It takes me a minute to understand that it was me who just asked that question. When I figure this out, I want to knock the hell out of myself. Where did that even come from? Like I care who taught him to cook. I gulp and look over at him to see why he’s so quiet and hasn’t answered my stupid question.

                He has paused in the middle of chopping up some tomato’s for our tacos. His bright white hair is damp from working over the stove and now falling in his depthless black eyes. I watch as he turns his head towards me, looking at me full on. My mouth instantly goes dry. His face is blank but his eyes say it all. He’s confused and happy and wary. I break our eye contact and go back to inspecting my nails. I hear the sound of chopping on the cutting board again.

                “My mom and...my friend Terra” he says after a long and awkward silence.

                I noticed two things as he said this. One, he paused. He paused before deciding to include his so called ‘friend’. Two, he sounded unsure calling ‘Terra’ his friend. Interesting. I narrow my eyes at him as he chops up lettuce.

                “Terra?” I question, raising a brow.

                “That’s what I said” he says, trying to put an end to my questioning.

                Like that will ever work.

                “Is she a childhood friend?”

                “Yes” he sighed, giving in.

                “Is she from around here?”

                A nod.

                “Is she still around?”

                Another nod.

                “So exactly how much did this ‘Terra’ teach you?” I demand, using my fingers to air quote her name.

                I watched as his lips settled on a sly smile. Not good, not good at all. He placed the knife down in the sink before walking towards me, his eyes locking with mine. Something about the way he suddenly became territorial, slowly but surely closing in on my personal space, had my stomach clenching in fear and anticipation. I sat there frozen as he placed his hands on my knees and opened my legs. He took another step and bam, he was in-between my legs. I suddenly felt lightheaded. I attempted to slide back but he gripped my hips, sliding me closer to him. My inner thighs were now grazing Teddy’s hips. I placed my shaky hands against his chest and gave a weak shove. Nothing happened.

                “It’s okay, Blaire” he whispers softly in my ear.

                My body trembles. I flush bright red at this and glare at his chest. Why, why, why?

                “What’s okay?” I mumble, deciding to play along.

                His thumbs find their way beneath my shirt and begin to rub achingly slow circles against my skin.

                “To be jealous” he says softly.

                I stiffen and go over what he just said. Jealous? He thought I was… oh god.

                “I-I I’m not jealous!” I squeal, which is so not helping my case.

                “Well, you sure don’t seem to approve too much on someone you’ve never met before” he counters, seeming to enjoy this.

                I narrow my eyes at him, thinking of an explanation as to why I didn’t like this ‘Terra’ character. When I came up blank I went with what made the most sense.

                “Well, I am a bitch so I don’t need an excuse” I shrug.

                His rubbing ceased and he seemed to go tense. He then grabbed my chin and forced me to stare up at him.

                “No you aren’t and don’t ever call yourself that again, do you understand me?” his voice was stern and deadly serious.

                I nodded, wondering how he can get so scary sometimes.

                He glares down at me for a second longer before his eyes soften and warm.

                “Good. Dinner’s ready” he says before swooping down and landing a kiss on the tip of my nose.

                He better be glad my nose wasn’t snotty today.

                He steps away before I get a chance to shove him and we proceed to dinner, pretending this whole uncomfortable thing didn’t happen, well at least I did.

                Later that night I glared up at the ceiling, thinking over what happened in the kitchen. I really didn’t understand why I had grew so defensive and got so annoyed towards someone I’ve never met and didn’t know one thing about. Well, besides that she showed Teddy his way around a kitchen. At first it just didn’t make sense but then I came to the cold hard realization. I had been jealous.

                It was like a punch to the stomach. I was fucking jealous. And what hurt the most was that this one time, just this once…Teddy was right.

                It’s not that it matters anyway because I will never tell him something as embarrassing as that, ever. It’s bad enough that I know. I just wish, whatever was starting to happen, wouldn’t. But I had a really bad feeling that this was only the beginning. Yeah, I’m screwed.

******

So do you think Blaire is going to go all cliché and be all lovey-dovey towards Teddy now?

What do you think about this 'Terra' character? Do you think Teddy is hiding something?

Do you think Blaire is going too easy on Teddy or is she still just as bitchy? haha

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! :) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...