Chapter sixteen

• Dedicated to Key, Lillie, Lily

Gahhhhh, hey guys! Long time no read! hahaha :3

So I've finally found some internet, thank the heavens! lol This chapter is short and mostly sweet, just like yours truly ;) On another note: I want to thank each and every one of you who has supported me, I've noticed Tethered has recently gotten a lot more love and it makes me feel soooo freaking loved! Thank you guys soooooo much!!! <3

This chapter is dedicated to my sister Keyauna, my cousin Lillie, and my friend Lily (The Lily from California haha) I don't know what I would do without you guys' support! I love ya'll to bits! <3 ;3

Chapter sixteen

                “Wake up, you drunk bastard!” I huffed, poking Teddy in the chest.

                He had seemed to have fallen asleep within the small time frame of two minutes. Which undoubtedly pissed me off, I went to poke his chest again but he reached out and grabbed onto my finger before I could gab him.

                “I’m not sleeping”

                I rolled my eyes and snatched my finger out of his grasp.

                “Well, I’m waiting” I urged.

                He sighed and peeled open his eyes, his face held an expression that could only be one of hesitance.

                “Alright, fine” he said with another sigh.

                It was silent as he seemed to be gathering his bearings, I was steadily growing impatient.

                “Hmm, okay so do you remember how Terra said our mom’s were best friends and we grew up together?” he angled his head so he was looking down at me.

                I nodded.

                “Okay, well when we were around thirteen her mom got really sick and so when she finally went to the doctor she got diagnosed with diabetes, she tried not to make a big deal out of it and brushed it off…she didn’t take her insulin like she was suppose to and ended up having a stroke, it was horrible” he paused and swallowed hard.

                I stayed silent, knowing that whatever he was going to say next was going to be unpleasant.

                “She flat-lined in the hospital, they attempted to revive her but it didn’t work… After that my parents took her in since she seemed to have no one else-”

                “What about her dad or other family members?” I asked cutting him off.

                He shook his head.

                “He was never really in her life, he took off when she was only four years old and as for other family members…Terra’s family is odd, they only look out for themselves and tend to distance themselves from their own fucking family. It’s the craziest fucking shit I’ve ever witnessed”

                I nodded and waited for him to continue.

                “Anyway, Terra had seemed to be adjusting to living with us pretty well and everything was going fine until the next year when Terra comes home with some guy clung onto her out of the blue. We were so shocked that no one said a word, we just stared at them. She finally explained who the guy was, said his name was Jesic, and she was his tether. The guy was like twenty-five years old and Terra was only fourteen at the time so naturally my parents weren’t down with her just moving out with some guy she just met off the street, tether or not; but Terra wasn’t hearing it. She packed her shit and dipped out and that was the last I saw of her until like a month or so later…” he took in a shaky breath before continuing.