The Royal Scandal (editing)

By ZafArielZul

Fay Lara just didn’t care. The fact that the totally kissable guy she had just physically abused was actually... More

Chapter 1 (edited)
Chapter 2 (edited)
Chapter 3 (edited)
Chapter 4 (edited)
Chapter 5 (edited)
Chapter 6 (edited)
Chapter 7 (edited)
Chapter 8 (edited)
Chapter 9 (edited)
Chapter 10 (edited)
Chapter 11 (edited)
Chapter 12 [The Young and the Restless]
Chapter 13 [Kiss and Tell]
Chapter 14 [Royal Treatment]
Chapter 15 [Play Charade]
Chapter 16 [The Date]
Chapter 17 [Masquerade]
Chapter 18 [Happy 100th]
Chapter 19 [Conspiracy]
Chapter 20 [New Year's Soiree]
Chapter 21 [Bouquet of Red and White]
Chapter 22 [Aiden Storme, Alex Stockholm]
Chapter 23 [Prom & Graduation]
Chapter 24 [Senior Year]
Chapter 25 [Prom & Graduation II]
Chapter 26 [Three Simple Words]
Chapter 27 [Please God, No]
Chapter 28 [Baby Steps]
Chapter 29 [Wedding Night]
Chapter 30 [The Perfect Honeymoon]
Chapter 31 [The Ex]
Chapter 32 [Crazy for You]
Chapter 33 [My Royal In Law]
Chapter 34 [To Be, Or Not To Be?]
Chapter 35 [I'm Sorry but I Love You]
Chapter 36 [London Adventure]
Chapter 37 [Broken Hearts]
Chapter 38 [The Goodbye]

Chapter 39 [The Beginning and The End]

60.5K 1.5K 339
By ZafArielZul

My roommate is the world biggest jerk39

Chapter 39 [The Beginning and the End]

5 years later…

The clank clank clanking sound of five inch high sling back peep toes Manolo Blahnik made was simply music to my ears. After a few hours flight from New York to Claymore however, I was ready to kick away my shoes and dipp my feet into a hot bath. With my luggage in tow I made my way from the arrival gate of Claymore International Airport along with other passengers. While other people mile around waiting for those people with a placard with their name on it, I wasted no time and headed straight to get myself a cab.

While I waited for a car a few heads turned my way, fingers pointed and hushed whispered were heard. It had been made public worldwide that I was engaged with the crown prince of the country, for five years now. For a while I gained unwanted notoriety, it was unaccepted that the engagement was to be dragged that long. I was used to have my picture plastered all over tabloids and papers but that was the first time I was ridiculed and scorned.

The saving grace of the situation had been when the Queen stepped out and commented over the ordeal. Her approval was all I needed and apparently, what the tabloids needed before another scandal between Aiden and me erupted.

There were too many to name: once he was spotted kissing a Bulgarian model, I was photographed with Ryan exiting a London nightclub and countless others including when we took a short break three years ago.

Shaking away memories I dug into my handbag fished out a dark sunglass and settled it over my eyes. a quick glance and I found that I was being photographed. Over the course of time plus due to the fact that I was living overseas my popularity had dwindled. But every time I come back home I can never escape the lens of paparazzi. So a girl had to be prepared: if I was going to end up in tabloids I better look good in those glossy pages.  After waiting for a few minutes, a cab stopped right in front of me and the driver got out.

“Where to miss?” a middle aged man greeted me with a tip of his cap.

“Dominicane Suburban?”

“Sure thing.” He offered to take over the charge of my trolley and pointed over to his red and white Claymore city cab. I smiled gratefully and made my way to the cab, opening the door and slid inside. It was drizzling outside, welcoming the arrival of fall. The September air was cool and the interior of the car was warm.

Suddenly a bottle of water was offered my way. Looking sideways I realized that I was sharing a cab with another passenger. I took off my sunglass to have a better look at the man sitting beside me. He was handsome, dressed in casual wear of t-shirt and jeans lounging at ease beside me. His dark hair quaffed and gleamed and sensuous lips curled into a slow dazzling smile.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I don’t realized this cab had been taken.” I said, raking my hair with my fingers. It seemed that I was worn-out from that flight more than I realized.

“That’s fine. I don’t mind sharing.” He said with a hint of smile. The friendly glint on his eyes shone warmed me inside out. Despite of my exhaustion I found myself smiling.  

“That’s very kind of you.”

“Its no problem at all.” He replied. At that point he leaned close and threw his hands around me, almost pulling me into his lap and tipped my head back. Before taking my lips, he whispered into my ear and melted my insides.

“Welcome home baby.”

The cab driver lumbered inside once he had hauled my entire luggage into the trunk. Adjusting his rear view mirror and with a cheerful tone he asked, “Where to this time Prince Aiden, Sir?”

“Dominicane Suburban please, Mitchell.” Aiden replied.  

“You got it.”

Five years had come and gone since my first week in London and now I had come home. This time, for good. There had been some rough times in those five long years but thankfully we made through each ordeal and in the end, I kept coming back to him and him to me.

I had done what I had set out to do: after finishing my studies at St. Martins I interned at Gloria Dunn Designs and after that, with the House of Dior. I began my small affordable line of women wear in my own studio apartment. I have not yet managed to own a boutique yet but I wanted to open one soon in Claymore. Aiden had served in the military for two years as part of his duty to his country. He was discharged not more than a month ago. I sneakily eyed the chiseled line of his jaw and grinned having liked what I saw.

“So,” Aiden began and took my hands, “when are you gonna put on a white dress for me or do I have to haul you down the aisle?” I laughed out loud garnering a smile from the cab driver.

“What kind of proposal is that?” I teased while I watched Aiden took a sapphire diamond ring and slid it into my finger. It was my ring that I had left in his bedroom light years ago.

“You’re gonna say yes anyway so why bother with all the fanciness?”

“You’re unbelievable Storme.” I cupped his face and drew him for a lingering kiss.

“So, is it a yes or no?”

“Yes, jerk!” I giggled and we kissed again.

“So there’s going to be a wedding soon eh Prince Aiden?” Suddenly the driver cut in and both of us smiled.

“Yes Mitchell, spread the words.” Aiden declared.

“Finally!”

We had ourselves a spring wedding inside the St. Judas Abbey, located in the center of Outer City of Claymore. From there we headed to the White Castle for the reception. It was not a simple wedding, the word simplicity were thrown out of the window when you were going to marry the crown prince of the country. I was definitely feeling premarital jitters when I woke up that morning, so much so that I had to remind myself that I had actually wed Aiden before. But still anxiety pulsated within me, even more so when I finally arrived at the abbey. What if I stumbled walking up the aisle? What if I stuttered pronouncing my vows? What if nervousness prevails and I decided to flee?

Aiden would kill me if I were to do that.

But eventually, I did walk down that aisle and I did recite my vows, silently thanking God because I did not even stutter once. And with a kiss from Aiden at the altar, my worry melted away.

“You look magnificent.” He whispered following the kiss. Shortly after we were declared husband and wife. I was again, The Princess Fay Lara Storme, Duchess of Amaryllis.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

We had occasional fights since our vows just like other couples. Like the one we were having that night.

The Beginning…..

If Aiden was all smiles before, chatting away and pleasant - now in the stretch limo - the silence was palpable. He was resting his head on the seat, clearly exhausted. I was the same - who would thought that greeting honored guests, sipping champagne and making small talk all night would be so tiring?

But I could not keep my eyes closed for long for I would go searching for Aiden, I cannot stop myself. He looked almost human. And in state of serene sleep he looked even more so - he was relaxed. There was no sarcastic sneer coloring his lips.

"What are you looking at?" he shot suddenly, his lids opening slowly. Aiden rubbed them with his knuckles before looking at me again.

"Nothing." I shot quickly looking anywhere but him.

"Cant keep your eyes off me cant you?" he went on. "You've been looking at me all night, when you think that I'm not looking." He was on a roll, adding to my humiliation.

Jerk!

"I did not!" I demanded as my gut shifted. How did he notice that I had been looking at him? And here I thought that Prince Aiden was so full of himself - he would never notice anything else but him.

He thought that the world revolves around him, everything was about him - well at least he thought so. And unfortunately he was right on every account. He was the centre of the universe. I am married to the Crown Prince of Claymore and he is the biggest jerk on the planet...

And how did I get myself in this mess you ask?

An invitation from Alex for a yacht party in honor of his engagement to Victoria arrived this morning. Mary Sue and Josh are going to be there as well and I have not met them for so long. It was annoying how Josh kept shipping Mary for their annual honeymoon, keeping my best friend out of my reach. I wanted to go but Prince Tyranny here would not hear it. Like the other day when I wanted to go to Loraine’s baby shower, he did not let me go as well. Granted that Loraine lives in another country now but she is one of my best friends! I had let that one slide but not this time.

I wanted to Alex’s yacht party and that had sparked this argument we were having. It was ridiculous. He was being ridiculous.

“Aide…” I scooted over from my seat to sit next to him. Aiden flinched at my touch but I made a quick grab of his hands. I was determined to get myself on that yacht and have a good time with my friends and Aiden was coming with me.

“No.” he snapped. “We can’t go and that’s final.”

“Why not?” I whined. I let go of his hands and move on to execute plan B. all night he had been avoiding me. After that close up with the press, Aiden had stayed clear of me whenever he can. My palm landed on his thigh and under my caressing palm I felt Aiden shudder. 

“Why do you have to be a big bully all the time Storme?” Aiden grabbed my hands before I manage to drift down lower.

“You know why we can’t go.” He persuaded. “The party is on a yacht sweetheart.”

“I won’t wear heels, I swear.” I raised my hand and placed it above my pumping heart. “Baby I promise… please? Now can I go?” I pouted my lips and bat my eyes prettily. Finally Aiden sighed and I clapped my hands to celebrate my victory.  

“No high heels, promise?” he repeated the agreement and I bobbed my head up and down.

“Cross my heart and hope to die.” I cited the age old chant. Aiden narrowed his eyes in disapproval and jacked his brow showing displeasure.  “Oops, I mean, if I broke the promise… you can… ah, punish me anyway you like.” I bargained again and Aiden grinned.

“I’ll take your Manolos away.” He said and I began to shake my head frantically.  

“Not my Manolos.” Those shoes are my pride and joy. No one is touching them, not even my husband. “Not my shoes… or my clothes.”

“Then what can I take?” he grumbled to my amusement. I moved closer to him and snuggled to his warmth. A sly smile tugged the ends of my lips as I suggested,

“Hm… you can take my heart?”

“You’ve already taken mine too, love.” Aiden reached and circled an arm around me. “It has to be something else.”

“I’ll make you coffee for a whole week?” I tried to negotiate again and at this Aiden smiled and tipped my chin stealing a kiss to seal the pact.

“No heels.” He repeated the agreement and I grinned triumphantly.

“No heels.” I leaned into him and our lips met. Caressing his nape idly I stared into his blue eyes before leaning into his chest and closed my eyes contently.

“I love you Aiden.”

My husband wrapped his arms around me holding me secure and kissed me on top of my forehead. He must have been exhausted as well. With a whisper he replied,

“I love you too sweetheart.”   

There was a reason why Aiden was so reluctant to allow me to go to Alex’s party. No, he isn’t jealous of Alex anymore. He hasn’t for years now. Actually, he was worried. It is going to be a yacht party after all. He cannot have me walking in my precarious high heels.

Because I was two months pregnant.  

The End.

9.31pm, Malaysian time

27.07.2011

Zafariel Aii

**********

OMIGOSH!!!! 

this is the last chapter of My Roommate you guys! my first finished story ever, in the history of forever! im so excited and sooo sad *sniffle* i hoped that you guys had fun reading this because i have had so much fun writing it! after 1 year and 27 days, i've finally finished this!! 

thank you thank you thank you for reading this till end guys! thank you for the votes and comments! you guys are sooo awesome.... so to commemorate the last chapter, please leave me your comments!!! please please please, tell me what do you think of the whole story now it had ended. 

many thanks to, Twilighter14 and Aishah Bukhari who had been awesome enough to edit my stories and of course my fans who are amazing!! 

Ariel Aii

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 26K 22
"I will chain you up and keep you in my bedroom forever. The only one who you will ever love is me. You are mine Ella and nobody, not even God can ch...
389K 14.6K 36
Ever wonder how your supposed best day of life will turn into a lifelong nightmare. Two people, two different worlds yet bound by the same emotion, "...
Hukum's Wife By v_ragini

Historical Fiction

62.2K 531 9
HELLO EVERYONE THE BOOK IS UNDERGOING EDITING! add it to your reading lists and stay in touch, I'll republish after editing the story In the realms...
5.6M 229K 60
Hell freeze over when a forever bond was damned upon his head. Relationship and women in general were the last things on his mind. Interaction betwee...