The Epidemic - Book one

By thestoryteller123

We stopped running and took cover behind a run down building. I turned to Cal and he was laughing. I knew one... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter One

239 10 1
By thestoryteller123

It all started out as a normal day ...

" Viv come on ! " My mom yelled from the stairs.

" Ok I'm coming !" I grabbed my book bag and stomped down the stairs.

" It took you that long to look like that ?" My mom said motioning to my jean shorts and T - shirt.

" Yes mom " I said not wanting to talk about it.

" Well come on Gabe has to be dropped off at the day care at eight today and I have to get some stuff done today. " She said grabbing Gabe's carseat and walking out the door Gabe shrieked when he heard his name. He is nine and a half months old and he looks exactly like my father. He has dark brown hair and big green eyes. While I have dark brown curly hair that never obeys a flat iron, and brown eyes like my mother. My hair is not long but not short either it's just Enough to put up in a pony tale which is how I always wear it with the exception of a party or formal dinner.

.......

" Bye mom , I am spending the night over Glenn's house tonight " I said giving Gabe a kiss on the cheek and hopping out the car and running towards my best freinds Alex and Glenn, not waiting for her answer.

" Hey guys so are we still going to the party ? " I asked as we started walking into the building.

" Yeah, I told my mom I was spending the night at Glenn's house " Alex replied all excited.

Glenn's parents were out of town she said they went to D.C for business or something they were going to take her but she said she had a big test which was kinda true because we are taking finals. So she told them she could just stay home since they will only be gone for two days. Jessica Vickson was throwing one of her annual end of the year parties and she finally invited us. Probably because Alex is the junior president and Glenn is the captain of the cheer squad.

" So when the party is over we will just go back to my place " Glenn said.

" Can't wait till tonight !!!" I yelled making everyone in the hallway look at us like we were crazy but I didn't care.

........

" Miss Carters please answer number three on the review packet " Ms. Harvey the American government teacher said.

I looked at Glenn who gave me the " I told you to stop day dreaming look " Alex wasn't in this class with us she had AP government instead.

" I think the answer is the fiscal policy " I said unsure.

" No, that is incorrect miss Carter's pay attention this time or you will get a detention ! "

" Now, Mr. Homles please give us the correct answer. " she turned to Calvin who just got transferred five months ago from north Carolina. Every girl here is literally drooling over him but he doesn't seem to care at all, we've talked a little but nothing major.

" What ! Huh oh um Russia ?" He said as he shot up from his "Nap".

" Wrong again, since it seems that the class can't focus triple homework!" She said.

Everyone groaned and looked at me and Cal scowling and cursing, I mean it's not my fault she picked on the two students that never pay attention.

" You are dismissed " She said returning to her desk as the bell rung.

" Mr. Holmes and Ms. Carter's please stay after " She called just as I was going to walk out the door. I could pretend I didn't hear her and go to lunch but I think that would just get me in more trouble.

" Yes Ms. Harvey " I said turning back in the room at the same time Calvin was walking to the door which made him bump into me and drop my books.

" I'm sorry " he said bending down at the same time as me which made us bump our heads together, which really hurt.

" Oww and it's fine " I said taking my books from him as I got up I got a real good look at him. He was Hot with a capital H. He was mixed or a swirl I think he had a light brown complexion and light brown curls all over his head. He also had dark green eyes that looked almost black. He was physically in shape, I think he is on our track team, as I was looking at him he was looking at me with a smirk.

" Stop checking me out already " He said his smile getting bigger which exposed his white teeth and made my heart beat a hundred times faster.

" You wish cutie " I said deciding to play it cool which I think I failed at.

" Will you two stop flirting " Ms. Harvey said looking at us with a stern look.

" He was the one flirting " I said pointing a finger at him which he returned with a smirk.

" Pointing is so rude, I think you should give her detention Ms.Harvey. "

" Will you two come to my desk and stop it before you both get detention NOW !!"

" So much for stalling " I said under my breath which got a smile from Calvin.

" Now that I finally have your attention I would like to make you two a proposition " She said with a smile, I knew it was bad because she never smiles.

" What ? " I asked totally confused.

" The school needs volunteers for the clean up on Saturday this week with school ending and the janitors leaving today the school needs people to clean. I will raise your grades one letter if you volunteer. " She said not even looking at us just grading papers.

" Why us ? " Calvin asked.

" Because you are failing " She said slowly like we were dumb and unable to comprehend.

" Oh ... Well I'll go only if you do too " Calvin said turning to me. Why was he saying that I mean there were going to be other kids here it's not like he is going to be alone or anything right ?

" Umm ... I guess ? "

" Okay great take these forms fill them out and bring them in Friday " She said pulling out two yellow forms that said volunteer on the top in bold letters.

" Okay " We both said at the same time which caused us to laugh.

" So are you going to Jessica's party ? " He asked as we walked to lunch, the halls were empty lunch had already started.

" Yeah, you ? "

" Yeah, heard its gonna be awesome I've never been to one of hers before " he explained.

" Well stay away from me okay because when I'm near you I end up getting hurt " I said rubbing my head.

" Don't be such a baby !" He said holding the door to the cafeteria for me and laughing. Everyone turned to look at us some with hate probably from last period and some with jealousy, others with wonder.

" Well don't get stage fright Vivian " he said pushing me inside which caused me to jump at his touch but he didn't notice and just went to get some lunch. I went to my friends table they were all giving me smiles. This could only be so good.

" What ? " I asked as I sat down next to Alex.

" We didn't know you and cutie were going out !" Glenn said laughing.

" We do NOT GO OUT ! " I yelled and everybody including Calvin and turned around to look at us AGAIN and when he saw me he smiled and I couldn't help but smile back, this of course only added to my situation.

" Sure looks like it from here " Alex said laughing. I frowned.

" Whatever, Mr.s Smith " I said knowing Alex and Glenn are crushing on the twins Roy and Ray who are in our grade.

" Thats not fair you know I like Ray " She said picking at the schools lunch which was pretty good for a private school.

" Yeah, you all know me and Roy are star crossed lovers " Glenn said laughing.

" Did he ask you out ?" She said.

" Nom, ewww "

" Oh stop your seventeen get over it and its not gross to go out with some one you like either. " She said teasing me.

" I ... DON'T .... LIKE ... HIM. " I said through gritted teeth obviously they don't understand.

" Fine, fine we get it you don't like him " Glenn said apologetically.

" Well Glenn me and you are going to have a blast tonight because the twins will be there ! " Alex said still giddy.

.....................................

" We look awesome ! " I said standing in front of Glenn's mirror. I was wearing a short but not too short black dress and black heals. Alex did my make up which was light and natural. I decided to leave my hair down and since it was already curly I didn't even try to flat iron it. Glenn was wearing a ruffled white shirt that was off the shoulder and a mini black skirt. She had on a little bit off of blush and bright red lipstick along with some black heals. Alex wore a short flowing red dress with a little ruffle at the bottom and red heals. Both of them put their hair in buns and wore hoops. I wore my diamond studs and Alex's makeup was very dramatic.

" No we look hot, the boys will be here in ten minutes " Alex said.

" What boys ? " I asked.

" Calvin, Roy and Ray offered us a ride and I told them to pick us up at nine " She said with a smirk.

" Really, and you didn't think you could have told me Calvin was coming with us " I said annoyed I could have did a little more to my hair or something.

" Oh I really thought it was only the twins but they said that they were bringing Calvin when they texted me a couple of minutes ago " She said looking sorry.

" It's ok I just want to be warned when he is coming " I explained.

" Oh please stop fighting it you know as well as I know that you like him " Alex said grabbing her jacket.

" I already tol- " I was cut off by the door bell ringing.

"I 'll get it " I said walking down the flight of stairs the whole time the person was ringing the door bell like crazy.

" I said I was coming !" I yelled as I opened the door to find Calvin standing there hand still on the door bell.

" Opps didn't hear you freckles " He said smiling as he walked past me in the house.

" Don't call me that and where are Roy and Ray " I asked checking him out, he was hot, but this nick name stuff has to stop.

" Their in the car and they sent me in to come get you guys freckles. " He smiled using that name for me.

" Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that ? "

" I think it fits you just fine freckles " He said Giving me a once over. " And you look nice tonight " He said winking. Ok was he hitting to hard on me or what ? And where are Alex and Glenn ?

" Well thank you and seeing as you gave me a nick name it is only right to give you one Cal " I said smirking.

" No one calls me that but my mom " He said looking at the ground. Guess I didn't think of that.

" I'm sorry I didn't know " I said apologizing. He started to laugh.

" What's so funny ?" I asked wondering why he has all of these mood swings.

" The fact that you believed that for a second " He said bending over in laughter.

" You are unbelievable " I said with a huff. How could I believe something so stupid.

" What's all the noise down here ? " Alex asked as she and Glenn came downstairs.

" Nothing " We both said at the same time which caused us to laugh, we really have to stop doing that.

" Mmm Hmm , where's Ray and Roy ? " She asked looking behind Calvin like they were going to magically appear.

" In the car, are you guys ready or what? Girls take forever to get ready. " He said looking at his watch and pretending to be annoyed.

" Whatever Mr. rude " Alex said opening the front door as we all walked out.

.....

" Wow her house is huge, well not as big as mine but huge. " Alex said as we pulled up to a four story mansion that had music pumping out of it already, there were kids in the front lawn dancing and taking while holding a red cup with a mysterious drink in it probably alcohol.

" Are you guys ready to party or what ? " I said getting out the car we all walked right into the house. People were on the couch making out. Others were dancing on each other. Others were passed out on the floor already. I wonder if we're late.

" Go find some seats me and the guys will go get some drinks. " Calvin said looking me.

" Ok " I said and followed the girls around the dark house till we found a couch a couple of chairs that weren't being used.

" Where are the boys ? " I asked Glenn and Alex but they just shrugged their shoulders. I got up to go find them-they were in the kitchen having a shot contest.

" Calvin you are suppose to be getting us drinks !" I said getting annoyed.

" Will you calm down freckles and have a drink ?" He said pouring me a drink of something and handing it to me. I was cautious before I drunk it though I mean I've only drunk a couple of times and that was at my cousins sweet sixteen party.

" Wow, your a drinker aren't you " he said after I drunk it all down. It burned my throat so bad tears started to form in my eyes.

" Oh no I didn't mean to hurt you Viv " he said seeing the tears in my eyes he pulled me away from the table and back to where the party was. I couldn't say anything because my throat still burned. Roy and Ray went to go find Alex and Glenn.

" I'm sorry about that freckles " he said giving me a hug which I gladly took. I felt a heck of a lot better with his strong arms around me. Then another song came on.

" Could I have this dance " He said holding his hand out for me. I took it and we slowly danced to a song that I couldn't remember for the life of me it wasn't even slow it was a Kesha song I think and everybody else was dancing faster than us but I don't care and I don't think he does either. My head was on his shoulder as we swooned everything was perfect until I heard a familiar voice calling my name I jerked my head up to find my mom calling my name. BUSTED.

..................................................................................................................

PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE COMMENTS .

THANKS :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324K 9K 50
Ryan was holding my arm and with other arm he was ready to pull my sleeves up again. I immediately held his hand. "Please please do..don't" I tried...
48 14 13
The world is ending. The Earth is painted with the blood of humans. Only zombies and monsters roam the lands now. But in the last standing building...
5K 380 32
‼️****MATURE CONTENT****‼️🔞 Book One (1) I covered myself immediately but his hands were just as quick as he pinned my wrist. How could he be so cal...
1K 76 15
A virus has swept across the entire country, its origin unknown. Seven young adults, whose fate has bound them together, must find a way to escape th...