Changed Fate

By esoteric918

Emily is a mother of triplets with an upcoming first birthday! She couldn't have been busier if she tried. Th... More

Changed Fate
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Author's note
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten - uneditted
Chapter Eleven -- uneditted
Chapter Twelve - uneditted
Chapter Thirteen --unedited
Chapter Fourteen - unedited
Chapter Fifteen uneditted
Chapter Sixteen - uneditted
Chapter Seventeen -- Uneditted--
Chapter Eighteen - uneditted
Chapter Nineteen - uneditted
Chapter Twenty (Uneditted)
Chapter Twenty-One (Unedited)
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five - uneditted
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter twenty-eight

Prologue

156K 4.1K 374
By esoteric918

Dedicated to Maya_2011, my editor extraordinaire. Check out her stories! They're awesome and she just started a new one!

 ---

Deep down I knew what was wrong with me.

It wasn't because I was overstressed and raising triplets without much help from their busy father. It wasn't because exercising was getting to be too much for me to do every day.

No, I knew what was going on with my body. It hadn't been that long ago that I was pregnant. I knew all of the symptoms.

My hearing and smelling senses had gotten sharper. The random nausea only solidified my theory.

I called Finn, my children's grandfather, and ruler of all packs on the continent. If they were safe with anyone, they were safe with him. I offered him an afternoon of babysitting. He took the offer just as quickly as I thought he would. It wasn't often that I let my children out of my sight, but Finn was someone I trusted.

I needed a few hours to get results and to cope with them.

Not thirty minutes after hanging up the phone was there a knock at the door. I knew it was Finn. No one I didn't know got close to this house without being stopped by the guarding werewolves. Whenever Mikko was gone on a job, this house was guarded.

My triplets were the children of a werewolf with many enemies, enemies who would leap at the chance to get their claws into them.

Finn didn't knock loudly before he welcomed himself into the house. He didn't have to. I had heard his car from down the drive. The triplets were ready for an afternoon with their grandfather.

I smiled when I came out of the nursery. The three babies were playing on the ground with an obscene amount of toys littering the ground.

"You're here quicker than I thought you'd be."

Finn smiled and offered a hug. "I'm anxious to spend some alone time with them."

I grabbed my purse and nervously tucked my hair behind my ear. "So, I'll be back in a few hours, definitely before dinner."

Finn walked past me to go to the nursery. I didn't miss it when his eyes scanned over me, looking for any indication that something might be wrong with me. "You okay?" Werewolves were notorious for being very overprotective… and nosey.

I felt the panic run through me. I didn't want Finn to figure this out before I even had results. "I'm fine. I just need a few hours." There was no hiding my nervousness from a werewolf who knew about everything.

Finn nodded once, but that didn't mean he believed me. "Don't rush. We'll be here when you get back."

I grabbed my purse and fished out the car keys to Mikko's sports car then I was out the door. I opted to leave my SUV in case Finn needed to take my babies somewhere.

When I wasn't with the babies, I could go places without any of the werewolves following me around. I needed peace and time away from the werewolf pack. I was still human and wanted to act like one sometimes.

I drove an hour away from my home to make sure that I wouldn't be running into any of the wolves that knew who I was. If any of them knew that I was buying a pregnancy test, the rumors would spread like wildfire. I didn't want that rumor to get to Mikko.

I really didn't want to have another child with Mikko.

Having another child wasn't even a thought after I had the triplets. Having another child wouldn't be convenient. It would push back plans that were supposed to happen when Mikko returned. I was supposed to go through the process of the Change two months ago, but other things got in the way, pushing back the plans of my Change.

I was nervous as I walked into the pharmacy. I didn't bother looking thought the aisles for the boxes, sometimes they were locked up. I went right up to the pharmacy counter. The older man in the white coat smiled at me. "How can I help you today?"

"Do you guys have the pregnancy tests back here?"

He smiled and shook his head. "They're in aisle two." I didn't miss it when his eyes dropped down to my left hand to check for a wedding band. That was something I knew I wouldn't get for a long time, not until I was free from Mikko.

I tried not to snap at the man for checking to see if I were married or not. It wasn't out of the ordinary for unwed women to have children. I gave him a clipped thanks and headed to aisle two.

Finding the tests wasn't hard. I grabbed a box and headed towards the checkout. As I was paying, I spotted a woman leaning against Mikko's car. I knew exactly who it was the moment I laid eyes on her.

Abigail wasn't someone I had ever gotten alone with. Prior to me meeting Mikko, Abigail and he had an arrangement for casual sex. I wasn't in an intimate relationship with Mikko, but I still felt territorial.

"Can I have this in a paper bag?"

The cashier nodded with a smile. What was it about pregnancy tests that made workers smile? Was is the panic the purchaser has? Was there an inside joke between the workers?

I took my newly purchased water bottle and paper bag and headed out to the car.

"What are you doing here?" I managed to keep the venom out of my voice.

Abigail smiled at me like she hadn't noticed the hatred. "I heard you were out here and I was in the neighborhood."

"And how did you know I was here?" I asked skeptically. "I didn't tell anyone I was coming out here."

Abigail smiled down at me. She was a good six inches taller than me, even taller in her heels. "That's the thing about newer cars, they can be tracked."

I unlocked the car and put my purchases in. I stuck the tests between the two front seats. There wasn't much storage space in Mikko's sports car. "Who told you to check up on me?"

Abigail smirked at me. "Your baby-daddy, of course, he keeps a real close eye on you and has me do it sometimes when he's not around."

"Well you can tell Mikko that I don't need him checking up on me. I can take care of myself." 

Abigail looked at the pharmacy and smiled. "And the tail you have, is that you taking care of yourself?"

I looked back at the pharmacy to see two big, fit guys standing there, looking around aimlessly. It looked like they were waiting for someone. "They could be anyone."

She shook her head. "This place is known for rogues. They like to stop by and say how close they got to Finn, like it gives them some street cred." Abigail rolled her eyes at the thought of rogues. She had never liked them. They cause trouble everywhere they go. Abigail liked order and rules. They kept everything stable and peaceful. I could tell from Abigail's voice that she detested rogues.

"They don't know who I am." I stepped into the car, ready to get in and leave this place behind. "I could be anybody."

Abigail shook her head and smiled at me. "But you're not just anybody. Most wolves know who you are by your face, Emily. No one wants to offend or hurt the mother of Mikko's children. It's an effective death sentence. The smart rogues know exactly who you are."

I turned to look back at the two rogues, who were now looking right back at me. "Now they seem interested."

Abigail nodded. "Yeah, we should go."

She hopped into the front passenger side as I started up the car.

"Where's your car?" I asked, but I didn't pause as I pulled out of the parking spot. Abigail's car wasn't my problem.

Abigail looked back at the men. "I ran here. I stole these off a clothesline."

"Classy," I muttered as I went towards the freeway.

Once we were well on our way home, Abigail relaxed. "You really shouldn't go off on your own, even if you can."

I shrugged my shoulders once. "I need fresh air ever so often."

Abigail kept a close eye on the mirrors to make sure we weren't being trailed.

"You're still worth a lot to rogues. Even though you shrug it off and he won't admit it, you're important to Mikko."

***

We were maybe ten minutes away from Finn's house when Abigail remembered about the paper bag between our seats. I had been hoping that she would forget about it, but I hadn't counted on it.

I knew she was going to be a snoop and look for it. I kept a hand on the wheel as I grabbed the bag in her hands.

She smirked at me. "What did you buy that you don't want me to see?"

I tried to tug the bag out of her hand, but she kept a good grip on it. "It's none of your business."

She pulled the bag towards herself. I couldn't compete with her werewolf strength. The bag ripped and the bottom of the box was exposed.

She gasped. "You think you're pregnant?!" She smiled her evil, knowing smile. "Is it even Mikko's? Everyone knows you've hated him since he's was back."

I threw a glare at her before turning my attention to the road. "It's none of your business either way, Abigail. You should keep your nose in your own business or it'll get you in a lot of trouble someday."

She scoffed. "Knowing secrets keeps me from getting in trouble."

I pulled off the highway into a rest stop. I took the bag from her and got out. She was behind me quickly.

"What are you doing?" she asked as she followed me into the bathroom. "Those rogues could have followed us!"

"I'm taking one to find out." I threw the brown bag at her. "Hold this."

She threw the empty, destroyed bag into the trash can with a muttered, "bitch."

"Name calling isn't nice." I locked the stall and opened the box. I wasn't going to take a test. I was just going to fool her.

I dipped the testing end into the toilet before sitting down and pretending to take the test. I came out with the test while it was processing and washed my hands.

Then the test was ready. "It's negative," I said, showing Mikko's spy the results on the strip. Now she had nothing to report to him. She probably wouldn't even tell him about this little incident.

Abigail's smirk went away. I wasn't a fool to think it was that she lost her bet. Werewolves always hoped for babies in their pack. A false alarm or a miscarriage affected the whole pack. Abigail was saddened that she wouldn't get another child in her pack.

She nodded once, and left the bathroom. I knew somewhere underneath her hardened exterior was a being with great humanity, but that didn't matter to me. She was always so mean and that was never going to change between us.

She wanted Mikko and I was just the road block to her. So long as I stood my ground, she would never have him.

I dropped her off at Finn's after an uneventful ride. I got back to the house much sooner than I had planned. Finn's car was gone, which meant so were my babies. I was instantly on my phone, calling him. "Before you freak out," he started, "they're fine. I've decided to give you a break and take them for the night. You have the whole night off."

I took a deep breath. "Are you sure that's what you want?"

He chuckled. "They're my grandchildren, not hardened criminals, Emily."

"I know but, they can be a handful."

"I'm good with handfuls. Enjoy your night of peace." He hung up before I could say anything else.

I did need the break. Abigail trailing me to the pharmacy ruined the plans that I had.

I grabbed the one test that was left and went into the bathroom.

I was so glad that Mikko wasn't here to witness me taking a pregnancy test. I know he had been talking to his father about changing me, but all that, came down to this test.

I was practically jumping up and down I was so nervous. How in the world could Mikko, a werewolf, manage to get me pregnant… again? There's no way he could get me pregnant, not again. It was hard for werewolves to have babies.

One more minute… I sat down on the sink, eyes glued to the pee stick. I'd have to go shopping if this was a positive test. I'd try to hide it the best I could.

The test beeped. The word pregnant displayed.

"No fucking way!" I yelled, thankful that I was alone in the house. At least if there were werewolves around the house, they wouldn't know what I was yelling about.

I shook my head. I had just stopped breastfeeding last month. The period I was supposed to have was late. No period for me for another 9 months…great.

I'd have to tell Mikko his plans of changing me, when he got back just after the triplet's birthday, was going to have to be put on hold. I'd still have more than months to go after that anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189 13 12
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ Nyomi is a wolf from the Black Moon Pack. On her 8th birthday is when she got her wolf. On the same day, her mother disappeared...
81.7K 4.2K 39
Book 2 Clara Casey Troy - second born of triplets along with her mother, the mother Luna of wolfs and her father of all alphas. Clara has grown up in...
64 0 24
With the death of another family member, how will it affect the new path of motherhood that Taylor is on. Finding new enemies, new threats that pose...
2.6K 30 55
Completed. Mystic Falls 2030. Hope has attempted yet another spell to bring her family back to life, and it seems that she managed, without knowing i...