Dark Like Me 2: Game of Desire

By Autodidact90

Sirrah Winters now having been accepted into the college of her dreams; North Carolina State University; has... More

Chapter 1: Reminiscing
Chapter 2: My Girls
Chapter 3: College
Chapter 4: Friends
Chapter 5: Beat
Chapter 6: Trouble Brewing
Chapter 7: Melt Away
Chapter 8: Minded
Chapter 9: Don't Wanna Deal
Chapter 10: Fate
Chapter 11: True Gossip
Chapter 12: Only Choice
Chapter 13: Opportunity
Chapter 14: Lights....Action
Chapter 15: Mixing
Chapter 16: Deva Vu
Chapter 17: Gentle Feelings
Chapter 18: Cheated
Chapter 19: Confrontation
Chapter 20: Fault?
Chapter 21: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 22: All the Days
Chapter 23: Surprises
Chapter 24: Sight Unseen
Chapter 25: Support
Chapter 26: Romantic Air
Chapter 27: Disaster
Chapter 28: Alchemy is back
Chapter 30: Head in the Clouds
Chapter 31: College to an End
Missing Anything? Appreciation

Chapter 29: Yearning

216 13 0
By Autodidact90

The whole Kimber Berry thing had me quite shaken. I had never spoken to anyone like that before, especially over a guy. I decided to skip the 5 am yoga class and go to the 8:00 pm class tonight, instead. I needed to reflect on a lot of things; I guess I should have gone to the 5 am class. I touch the necklace Shiriki had given me yesterday to solidify our relationship, I smile. I hadn't smiled so big in a long time.

"Are you coming to breakfast with us, Sirrah?" Visellia asks me.

"Yeah." I get up and put on my red and blue Nike jogging suit with blue Nike sneakers. I follow Visellia to her car. Visellia had been looking kind of down lately and I have been meaning to talk to her about it, but with the Shiriki ordeal and the Andy thing, I hadn't had many people to talk to.

Shiriki catches up to me. I turn around to him and we embrace each other. Oh, what does my father know about Shiriki? All I know is that he makes me so happy. And that is all that matters. Visellia looks at us with a delightful smile, her wishes answered.

"I was almost late." He huffs.

"Don't worry. We are still waiting on Cayne and Rory." Visellia says leaning against her car.

Shiriki nods and holds me by my waist. I begin to chew on my bottom lip, trying to figure out if I should confront Shiriki about his ex or wait.

Just as I am about to confront him, Visellia snatches me from his grasp.

"When were you going to tell me about you and Shiriki?" She asks me in a whisper.

"We just got together yesterday. When you had gotten home, I was knocked out." I inform Visellia, not whispering. It's not a secret. I am sure half the campus knows.

Visellia lets me go, "Really now?" she arches her brow.

"I will tell you about it later," I promise her.

"Alright."

I stand back by Shiriki. He smiles at me and I place my head on his chest and smiles brightly. I have thought about a lot of things, but the main thing is introducing Shiriki to my family. Especially my father.

"I need to talk to you," I muffled in his button up shirt. He smells like that Cool Water cologne he got from the secret Santa a year ago. I know because I was the one that gave it to him. He never knew it, he doesn't know it, and I like to keep it that way.

"About what?"

"Kimber Berry," I tell him lifting my face from his shirt.

The color from his handsome face drains. "What about her? Is she causing trouble with you?" He bombards me with questions. I couldn't answer them, he was asking them so quick without missing a beat.

I can feel his aggravation energy radiating through him towards me. I am not sure if that is a normal thing to be feeling. Maybe, right now was not a good time to bring that up. I think to myself.

"We can talk about it later," I ask trying to take back what I had said. I didn't want to ruin this outing with talks of that girl.

"Yes. I am having a great day so far. I have a beautiful girlfriend, great friends. So, I don't want to talk about her right now." Shiriki grins rubbing my back.

"Told you they did not leave, Cayne." Rory scolds Cayne as they walk towards us.

"Well, I did not want them to leave and you were moving so slow." Cayne teases Rory.

Rory sighs and rolls her eyes at Cayne, "Alright, let's go."

We all pile into Visellia's Impala and drives off.

We all get out once Visellia parks at an Ihop a few miles from the college. Seated by a waiter, we choose a booth and a different waiter takes our orders for drinks and food once we all decided on what we wanted to eat. The waiter goes to fill our orders.

"I seen Alchemy, Sirrah." Rory tells me.

I look up from playing with Shiriki's fingers. "Really?"

"Yeah-."

"She's fine as hell." Cayne jumps in.

I raise my eyebrows at that statement a little shocked that Cayne would say something like that. Or even express his interest in someone other than himself.

"Not that I would know," Cayne meeks says.

"What's she doing here anyway, Sirrah?" Rory asks me.

I shrug my shoulders, "She said she is here to check on Andy; her sister. That's it."

"Hmm?" Rory hums in thought.

Shiriki nuzzles my hair causing me to giggle. Cayne, Rory, and Visellia eyes us.

"It's nice to see you happy, Shiriki." Rory acknowledges.

"Thank you, Rory. Been a long time coming." Shiriki says proudly placing his arm around me and I lean into his embrace.

"Yeah, especially with your ex going around telling everyone she's pregnant with your child." Cayne blurts out without a care.

Shiriki stares at Cayne in shock. I groan and place my head on the table. Visellia and Rory stares at Cayne, angrily.

Cayne looks at them as if he had said nothing wrong. "What? It's true."

The waiter brings our food and sets the right order in front of us. He then gives us our drinks and dashes off when called by another customer.

"Cayne, are you kidding?" Visellia asks picking up her knife and fork for her steak.

"No. I am not. I wish I was, though, for Shiriki's sake." He picks up his sandwich. "I heard her tell a few people about it the other day." Cayne lets the group know.

I look at my food, not hungry all of a sudden.

"What is she doing here anyway? She'd never wanted to go to college in the first place." Rory asks forking her salad.

"I don't know. Probably following Shiriki." Cayne guesses with his mouth full of the sandwich.

Shiriki shakes his head. "I will have no issue with her as long as she doesn't bother Sirrah."

I slightly smile at that and begins to eat. But, Kimber has already tried to warn me about being around Shiriki.

Shiriki looks at me and says, "Has she said anything to you?"

I look into Shiriki's eyes, "Yeah, she has."

Anger flashes across Shiriki's face, he puts his utensils down, "What did she say to you?"

"I told her that there was no need to hang around you anymore since I am back," Kimber says.

Shiriki, myself, Cayne, Rory, and Visellia looks up to see a pregnant Kimber standing by our table with her hands on her hips. I rub the bridge of my nose, there was nowhere I could run since I was the one by the wall. I hadn't want to withdraw into myself so bad, until now.

Kimber stands there with her hands now under her belly, looking at us.

"What is this crap about you spreading rumors about you being pregnant with my child?" Shiriki asks not really wanting to yell and make a scene in the restaurant.

"Because remember four months ago? You came over to my place to talk about us?" Kimber asks. When he did not answer, she kept on, "You told me how much you loved me and we fucked all night long."

I squirm around in my seat, quite uncomfortable at the information that I am receiving. The others are just looking like they cannot believe what they are hearing. I bite my bottom lip. Four months ago? What? My mind blurts out, the thoughts almost hit my lips, but I manage to keep that at bay.

"You know that's a lie, Kimber." Shiriki all most yells out.

"Why don't we go outside and talk?" Visellia saying paying the tab.

We all head outside to continue this debate.

I am pacing back and forth, trying to figure this all out. Visellia is leaning against the pillar. Cayne and Rory are standing next to me. Shiriki and Kimber are looking at everything else, but each other.

"Kimber. . . what we had was over at least 2 years ago now." Shiriki says in a calm manner.

"Ha." She laughs in his face. "This baby is yours. You are going to take care of me and the baby. Because, I didn't do this by myself. Four months, Shiriki."

"We did not. I did not." He now yells, letting his frustration get the better of him.

I jump at the sound of Shiriki's voice.

"Yes, we did, Shiriki. You know it. Or is it because your little chocolate drop is over there and you don't want to admit you had a taste of this? Is that why you don't want to admit it?" Kimber asks folding her arms over her chest.

Shiriki looks at me, "No," He turns to Kimber, "Because it didn't happen. I am not going to admit to something that I did not do."

Kimber scoffs, "Fine, but you are going to take care of the baby and me."

Shiriki walks over to me. "Not til I get a blood test and whatever is needed to prove that baby is mine. Until then, you better get my brother to take care of it along with your other three kids you have."

Kimber's face turns blood red with fury. "Your brother ain't shit. He left me." She screams across the parking lot.

"I am sure he saw what I saw in you before he got in too deep with you. But, marrying you is too deep."

"You know, Kimber." Visellia jumps in.

Kimber turns to Visellia.

"You know if you treated Shiriki right you'd have all you wanted." Visellia ensures Kimber.

"Oh, please." She turns to me. "Did Shiriki tell you about his little romances with Rory and Visellia?"

I shake my head and looks to Shiriki for some kind of answer to what Kimber is telling me.

"Yeah, I did that. But, they rejected me. I move on." Shiriki admits.

Kimber scoffs, "Whatever." She walks away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 138 40
|Complete| After a holiday of many hook ups, many drunken nights and very bad decisions, Olivia has successfully ruined all her relationships with he...
91 0 23
With Sofia's senior year in university coming to a quick end, she is uncertian of what the future holds. With her best friends, the twins, Jason and...
121K 8.1K 28
After the incident in high school, Cobie Evans has been avoiding the popular guys like the plague. It's until the day she sends a wrong email to her...
559K 9.8K 33
The ultimate test to fight for something worth fighting for... The perfect son meets imperfect girl. The life of Eighteen year old highschool quart...