I Knew You Before We Met

By lykisses

"What a brilliant idea, Bonnie. Now his friends saw us with it." I shook my head. "Hey, don't try to pin this... More

Chapter [1] New Girl
Chapter [2] Smarty Pants
Chapter [3] That's Social Suicide
Chapter [4] I Stole A Harley
Chapter [5] Hide Me from the Bad Boy
Chapter [6] My Flat Tire
Chapter [7] Triple Dog
Chapter [8] Diner Buddy
Chapter [9] Homecoming
Chapter [10] Pair Up
Chapter [12] First Loves
Chapter [13] Halloween
Chapter [14] Three Amigos
Chapter [15] Sherlocks
Chapter [16] My Knight
Chapter [17] Tips For You
Chapter [18] High Road
Chapter [19] Memories
Chapter [20] Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Chapter [21] Say It Ain't So
Chapter [22] School's Out
Chapter [23] The Last Day
Chapter [24] Clay Bishoff
Chapter [25] Get Your Head in the Game
Chapter [26] Oh Boy(s)
Chapter [27] What in Tarotnation
Chapter [28] Him
Chapter [29] Birthday Girl
Chapter [30] Roses
Chapter [31] Hide Me (Again)
Chapter [32] Double Dates
Chapter [33] Reunions
Chapter [34] Flashbacks
Chapter [35] Shook
Chapter [36] 1 4 3
Chapter [37] Want You Back
Chapter [38] Hold On
Chapter [39] Interesting
Chapter [40] Too Good at Goodbyes
Bonus Chapter: Prom
Epilogue

Chapter [11] Working Woman

118K 4.3K 1.5K
By lykisses

Chapter Eleven:

"Mom, Dad." I sat between them on the couch.

"Yes?" My mom replied turning her attention away from the television to look at me.

"Your hair looks beautiful today did you do something different with it?" I looked at her hair in awe.

"Nope." She shook her head.

"Oh." I said. I turned to my dad. "Dad did you do something to your hair? It looks ama-"

"I'm bald." He cut me off. "What could I possibly do to it?"

I sighed in defeat. "OH."

"What is it you want now?" He laughed.

"Well if you must know. My car for the past lifetime has constantly been having problems and it's been driving me crazy. I broke down once, dad." I informed him.

He raised his eyebrows. "But it's working now right?"

"Well yeah but..erm"

"But that's all that matters." He nodded.

"Okay? But what if it ends up breaking down at night and a murderer comes out and kidnaps me and tries to kill me and I end up on a episode of forensic files." I stated.

"I'd say he'd bring you back home because you would've talked him to death." He chuckled at his own joke.

"Mom. Dad." I pouted, quivering my bottom lip as I gave them both puppy dog eyes.

They looked at each other, communicated strictly through their eyes.

"Okay fine." My dad gave in.

"Yay!" I stood up.

"BUT." He interrupted my celebration.

"But what?" I sat back down.

"Only if you get a job. Whatever money you make in the next few months we'll double it and then you can trade your old car in and get a newer model." He informed me.

"Seriously?" I asked in disbelief.

"That or deal's off." He held his hands up before putting them back down.

"Where am I suppose to find a job?" I asked.

"Lucky for you, the new restaurant down town is having open interviews today from noon to four this evening." My mom told me.

I looked at the clock.

3:14 pm

"Gotta go." I rushed from the couch up the stairs. I could hear them laughing in the background.

I rushed upstairs and took a quick shower. I decided to wear black pants along with a pink blouse and paired it with a black blazer. I decided to just wear some black flats. I wasn't trying to really dress up. I put my hair in a sleek bun and ran downstairs, out of the house and into my car.

By the time I got there it was three fifty five. "Thank God I made it." I said to myself.

I walked inside the restaurant, "The Cruise" and it was really nice. It was a grille so a bar was set up along with the dining room. There was a pool table near the side entrance. Some lights were bright and some were dim which made the scenery relaxing. Music played in the background and there was a nice crowd here tonight.

I found a manager and talked with them and they escorted me to a small booth where my interview was going to be.

After the interview, I felt pretty confident about how it went. "Hi, how are you?" A lady about middle aged asked me.

"I'm well thank you. How about yourself?" I smiled.

"Just fine thank you.." She sat down in front of me. "Well." She placed her hands on the table, interlocking them as she smiled again at me. "Looks like you've got the job!"

I was internally shrieking.

"Thank you so much." I grinned. I reached out to shake her hand and she did.

"You are so welcomed! The team leader will be right over to give you some information, okay?" She said.

"Yes m'am."

In class, Gigi and I had turned in our project. Although we got the assignment Monday and it was due Friday, we turned it in today (Wednesday) because it was extra credit if it was turned in early and we all know I needed it. However, I noticed that Skylor and Avery didn't show up for class. But I mean, it's not like I care, obviously.

"Hey Brett, are you going to the Halloween thing Friday?" I asked. Sitting back in my normal seat.

"It's supposed to be crazy this year." He winked.

I raised my brows. "How do you know? You're new?"

He raised his hands in surrender stance. "Yeah, I was trying to be enthusiastic." He laughed. He saw the straight expression on my face and thought to cheer me up. "Oh come on we're gonna have a good time there Ivy. Think of the squad." He chuckled.

I laughed. But my laughter stopped when the door peered open.

There they walked in, Avery and Skylor. But something that really made my stomach turn was the fact that her top was on backwards.

Maybe I was just looking too hard? I guess I'm the only person who actually noticed because the rest of the class was talking and Mr. Danforth was taking some papers to the office.

"You know this is a school, right?" I said in disgust.

"I'm out of my mind right now, but feel free to leave a message." He leaned back in his chair, hands behind his head.

I rolled my eyes.

"Oh my gosh you got a job? That's so cool! Where?" Bonnie asked with much curiosity.

"The new grille downtown, The Cruise." I smiled.

"That's so awesome. When do you start?" She asked, taking a bite out of her strawberry cake.

"Today." I replied.

"Wait, are you working Friday?" Jonah furrowed his eyebrows.

"No, I don't work Friday's apparently." I shrugged.

"Sweet." Jonah nodded.

I went home and took a quick shower and put my work uniform on, which consisted of a shirt that said "The Cruise" in small letters on the top left corner and a pair of blue jeans and black shoes.

I walked outside to my car and started it up.

The battery light came on.

Is there a red dot eternally resting on my head? Does my forehead say "Kill Me" because that's how I felt.

I got out and closed the door. My mom and dad were both at work. Jonah was at work and Bonnie doesn't even have a car yet.

I sighed and began walking. I thought to myself I could probably catch the bus. I was almost at Chase's house since he lives a couple of blocks down from me.

But then I saw his white car and him walking from the house.

"Just keep walking, he won't even notice you." I muttered to myself.

"Ivy?" Skylor raised his eyebrows.

I raised my eyebrows too. "Yes?"

"Well, judging by you walking, I presume that the screw up fairy has visited you again?" He smirked.

"I'm out of my mind right now, but feel free to leave a message." I mimicked what he said to me earlier. I turned back around and walked off.

"Oh come on, don't be a baby." He chuckled.

Even though he's so irritating, somehow he managed to always pull me back in. I hated that. I tried to act like he wasn't getting to me.

But I continued walking, my arms folded.

He caught up with me. "Where you going?"

"Work." I bluntly stated.

"What? You have a job?" He scoffed.

"Yeah I do. Is that hard for you to believe?" I rolled my eyes.

He was quiet for a moment. "Well let me take you."

"I'll walk." I assured.

"Either you let me take you or I'm gonna follow you to work and stay there for the whole night."

"You're bluffing." I shook my head.

"Try me." He stated.

I stopped and stared at him for a moment.

The car ride was pretty quiet. I was looking out the window most of time. But my curiosity got the best of me and I eventually blurted out my thoughts. "You know, if you and Avery wanted to do something, it should've been in the comfort of your own homes."

Skylor turned and looked my way for a moment. He looked confused, "What are you talking about?"

I reminded him of when he and Avery came into class late today.

"Oh, that. She was in the guidance office with me. I mean she got out before I did but she waited until I left to walk to class." He replied. "What'd you think happen?" He looked at me again. I saw a tug on the corner of his mouth but he was trying to hide his amusement.

"Well, I saw her shirt was on backwards so I just assumed..."

I can't believe I just accused him of that. It was so embarrassing.

"So you were jealous?" There was a smile on his face now.

I didn't want him to think I was jealous and I didn't know what to say so I just changed the subject.

I cleared my throat. "Here it is." I pointed towards my new job site in the distance.

When we pulled up in front of the restaurant, he looked at me incredulously. "This is where you work?"

"Yeah, why?" I shrugged.

"Well. Seems like I'm going to be seeing a lot of you." He winked.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned.

He pointed at the large marquee the name was engraved in. And when I really saw it. I felt like I was getting ran over by a bus.

"The Cruise."

You've got to be kidding me.

"Looks like you work for me." He smirked impishly.

«❤️»

[VOTE/COMMENT/LOVE]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 78K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
754K 20.9K 38
I wrote this when I was younger so it has really bad grammer. Read at you're own risk. I'm slowly....very slowly editing. #48 In Teen Fiction Februa...
47.9K 720 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...