The Hunter's Queen (ICS Book...

By winterstarfire

Vincent Shaw is defeated, half-dead, and broken in more ways than one. A powerful werewolf now in exile Vince... More

Author's Note
Encyclopedia of the Supernatural
Prologue
Chapter One - The Hunter's Savior
Chapter Two - The Alchemist Saves The Wolf
Chapter Three - The Hunter Awakens
Chapter Four - Nicholas Storm
Chapter Five - Sleeping Arrangements
Chapter Six - Pleasure at the Hunter's Command
Chapter Seven - The Wolf Feels Regret
Chapter Eight - Temper's Flare
Chapter Nine - Fighting the Pull
Chapter Ten - Giving in to Temptation
Chapter Eleven - Taking the Pleasure
Chapter Twelve - Scheming Mystic's
Chapter Thirteen - Nicholas Tracks Down a Witch
Chapter Fourteen - The Wolf and the Alchemist Converse
Chapter Fifteen - How to Pleasure a Wolf
Chapter Sixteen - The Hunter Meets His Past
Chapter Seventeen - The Wolf Wakes
Chapter Nineteen - The Hunter's Mistake
Chapter Twenty - The Past Burns
Chapter Twenty-One - Sleeping With a Wolf
Chapter Twenty-Two - The Alchemist's Pleasure
Chapter Twenty-Three - Evelyn the Wolf Rider
Chapter Twenty-Four - The Hunter's Claim
Chapter Twenty-Five - Nicholas Reaches the Edge
Chapter Twenty-Six - The Best Day Ever
Chapter Twenty-Seven - The Hunter's a Big Tease
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Nicholas Finally Gets His Way
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Her New Best Day Ever
Chapter Thirty - His Worst Day Ever
Chapter Thirty-One - Evelyn the Meek is Dead
Chapter Thirty-Two - The Demon Kings Revenge
Chapter Thirty-Three - Scheming Mystic's
Chapter Thirty-Four - The Pack
Chapter Thirty-Five - Submission
Chapter Thirty-Six - Nicholas the Death Bringer
Chapter Thirty-Seven - A Revelation
Chapter Thirty-Eight - The Ascended
Chapter Thirty-Nine - The Face of True Madness
Chapter Forty - Redemption
Chapter Forty-One - A King Among Wolves
Chapter Forty-Two - The Hunter's Queen - End
The Mercenaries Dark Desires - Book Three Excerpt
Bonus Chapter - A Very Wolfy Christmas

Chapter Eighteen - Nicholas and Betrayal

87.8K 3.5K 439
By winterstarfire

Nicholas and Betrayal

Nicholas stood over the werewolf. The wolf had turned back to human form, lying limp and gasping for breath as his blood pooled in the grass. The gash to the werewolf's chest was deep; Nicholas had stabbed him directly through the heart.

He could tell the wolf didn't possess the strength to come back from such a wound. The werewolf's face was a reflection of agony, his eyes bleak and unseeing.

Glancing up Nicholas' eyes met with Grace the Enchanted. He stared directly at the witch. Never breaking eye contact he swung his sword, slicing off the werewolf's head and ending his torment.

Grace's eyes widened. Nicholas sheathed his blades, his point made.

Kicking the head aside he walked casually up to the witch. He knew Grace wouldn't dare use her magic against him. The witch knew she didn't stand a chance, and she would never risk the life of her familiar in a foolhardy attempt to stop him.

Grace backed up against the door, her familiar wrapped around her shoulders and hissing at him. He ignored the beast, a smirk on his lips. "Grace."

She held up a hand in submission. "I dinna lie, Nick. I truly thought Vincent was dead."

"I know. Which is why you are still alive." He glanced at the carnage around him. Vincent had gone berserk when the other werewolf had threatened to take that small blonde female from him. "Who was the girl?"

Grace swallowed. "I donna know."

His eyes shot back to her face. He wagged a finger at her, shaking his head. "Now you're lying to me," he chided, his tone low and dangerous.

She pursed her lips in defiance, holding her head high.

Nicholas wondered if Vincent had any idea of just how loyal the witch was to him. His eyes flicked to mark on her neck. It was covered by her collar, but he knew it was there. Left by a mate she'd lost long ago. "I know you feel affection for the wolf. Your motherly concern will be your end."

"Go tae hell."

Nicholas appreciated her tenacity. He knew she was afraid; she would be a fool not to fear him. And she was a pretty thing, her bright green eyes full of wisdom and fire. It would be a shame to kill her. His tone softened. "We've had some good times, Grace. Don't make me hurt you."

She gave a cold laugh. "Fuck off. I know full well how many woman you've bedded. You dinna even remember me at first. You care nothing for me. Your heart is cold and black."

He frowned. He couldn't deny her words. When he'd first approached her for information he'd had no memory of her. But she had certainly remembered him, and Grace had been none to happy to see him again. "You're right, it is. So I'm sure you can understand how protective I am of those few I care for. You will tell me what I want to know, Grace. It's up to you if we do this easy."

"Aye, you with your torture," she scoffed. "Then again, you learned from the best."

His features turned cold as stone. He knew she was referring to his time as a slave to Lord Ivan. The fiery demons torture methods were well known. Nicholas stepped closer to her, invading her space. He didn't say a word, allowing his demeanor to do the talking for him.

Grace flinched. "I wonder what your queen would think if she saw the real you."

"I hide nothing from my queen." It was the truth. He never hid his true self from the one's he considered family. Queen Victoria knew full well about the darkness in him.

"And does she know what you plan tae do tae me?"

His eyes narrowed. "Better to ask forgiveness."

Tears welled in her eyes. "I won't tell you. So you do what ye' want, Nick."

He sighed. She was forcing his hand. "Very well." He reached for her.

"That is not necessary." A female voice stopped him.

Fuck! He glanced sideways, glaring at the mystic. "Levina."

"Back away, mercenary," Levina ordered.

"This doesn't concern you," he snarled.

Levina crossed her arms. "Only you would be so imprudent. I won't tell you again."

His looked between the witch and Levina, debating. After a moment he stepped back. Grace released a pent up breath.

"Really, Nicholas," Levina tisked. "Even for you this is low."

Nicholas scowled at her, taking in her shining blonde locks and silver eyes. The woman was beautiful, there was no denying it, and he absolutely despised her.

Flicking a curly lock of hair behind her shoulder Levina exhaled in irritation. "You're lucky King Sebastian is one of the Ascended."

"So are you," he drawled.

"Watch it," Levina warned. "Grace happens to be a dear friend of mine. I will not have you harming her."

His fists clenched, itching for his swords. His temper was slipping. "This witch has information I require."

"Yes, regarding the wolf." Levina turned away from him. "Go deep, Grace. The Legion will come for you now."

"I know a safe place," Grace said. "I ain't about tae be in your debt, Levina."

Levina chuckled. "Consider this a freebie."

Grace nodded. The witch then gave Nicholas a scathing look before turning to head back inside.

"Wait a moment." Levina held up a finger. "Nicholas, don't you have something you'd like to say?"

That bitch. He gave the mystic a look that promised death.

Levina raised a brow. "I believe you owe Grace an apology."

His face twitched. "Go to hell."

"I've already been. It's not to my taste. However, I would be happy to send you for a century or two."

For a second he seriously considered trying to remove the mystics head. Turning his gaze towards Grace he bit out, "My apologies."

Grace's eyebrows shot upward, her eyes widening like saucers. "Well, fuck me," she mused. Shaking her head she went back inside the shop.

Nicholas glared at Levina. "Happy?"

She grinned. "Yes. And you should be ashamed."

"Don't think for a moment that I wouldn't follow through on my threat."

Her grin faded. "I am well aware of what you are capable of."

"You cost me a valuable lead, Levina."

"What if I told you I know where a certain werewolf is hiding?"

That got his attention. In the blink of an eye he had his hand around her throat. He slammed her backward against the door. One of his swords was in his hand and pressing under her jaw. "Talk," the word was a low growl.

She didn't even flinch, simply staring back at him. "You always were a cold-blooded killer, Nicholas."

He pressed the sword harder against her skin. "Then you know I will cut your fucking throat, woman."

"You have two seconds to back off." She was fucking threatening him!

Part of him wanted to see just how far this would go. Could he take her on? Or maybe Levina would finally end his torment? If anyone could kill him it was the mystic. His gaze racked over her, taking in the silent promise of retribution in her silver eyes. He knew death wasn't her way. She was more likely to curse him further, or banish him to some god-forsaken realm.

"One."

He lowered his blade.

Her hands smoothed down her white dress. "That's better. Now that we are being civilized I will tell you exactly where to find Vincent. However, we must tread carefully. There is a time and a place for revenge." Her eyes lowered pointedly to his sword.

"You do not command me."

"In this I will not be swayed. You are not to go after the wolf until I give the order to do so." Levina's eyes turned black. "Do not test me on this."

His dark brown eyes narrowed as he eyed her suspiciously. The mystic never gave anything without a price. "And what do you want in return?"

She tilted her head to the side, tapping her chin. "Let's just say you owe me one."

AN: I hope I am not tossing too much mystery and intrigue your way. I'm worried that maybe these last two chapters might be overwhelming??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 12.4K 35
Meet innocent Grace, a 19 year old genius who is now a doctor with the help of Mason, her mate. She is human and he is not, but she does not know it...
362 13 48
Evelina is a young witch who has just been learning her witch powers and believes that werewolves never existed before and they were killed by her ki...
22.7K 1.3K 28
Every young wolf is told of how amazing and special it is to find your mate. The other half of yourself, your opposite. No one told of the anguish a...
11.6K 333 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...