Speak [ phan ]

By phanci

" we're friends right? well, you can't really tell me otherwise anyway, which is probably why we're friends... More

Speak [ phan ]
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
epilogue
note
SEQUEL! (kidding)
bonus chapter: before

chapter twenty two

53.3K 2.8K 10.3K
By phanci

***

Dan stands frozen for a second, processing Phil's words.

Every part of him wants to say yes, but he is frozen. He's never even had a girlfriend before, or a boyfriend for that matter. Long story short, Dan has never been liked by anyone.

But now here's Phil, right in front of him, his blue eyes warm and shining with hope and despite all the pain in Dan's life, he feels so happy and light he could float away.

So Dan just nods, and doesn't stop until Phil pulls him into a massive hug. He squeezes Dan so tightly he's struggling to breathe, but Dan still doesn't want Phil to ever let go. He's wanted Phil for so long and now it's finally happening.

"So... What now?" Phil asks, finally pulling away from the hug, "are we boyfriends? Lovers? Soul mates? Dating? Friends with benefits?"

Dan smiles widely at Phil before writing 'dating' in the air, laughing silently and Phil's own grin widens even more. Phil moves closer to Dan, so that they are face to face and Dan can see how bright and oceanic his eyes look from this close up.

"Does dating mean I'm allowed to kiss you?" Phil asks, his face inching closer to Dan's own, waiting desperately for an answer.

Dan doesn't nod, he just puts his lips against Phil's, his hands tangling in his jet black hair while Phil has grabbed onto Dan's shoulders. This moment is the most alive Dan has ever felt, his heart is beating so fast and his body feels like there's a fire burning inside.

[ an// #danisonfire lol ]

He doesn't pull away, he doesn't care about air, who needs air when kissing feels like this. Dan has been missing out for his whole life if kissing was like this, he gets why couples make out all the time.

God he doesn't want to let go of Phil.

"Dan," Phil breathes, finally pulling away, breathing heavily, "oh my god... That was.. I-"

Dan looks at Phil, still panting. Who knew kissing used that much energy? If it's exercise, then fuck Dan will have a six pack in no time because he just wants to keep kissing Phil.

He wants to keep that feeling inside of him and never let it go.

"I've wanted to kiss you for so darn long," Phil says, finally catching his breath, "I would've done it way sooner if I knew it felt like that."

Dan nods in agreement, his eyes drifting to Phil's lips. How is he going to be around Phil without wanting to kiss him, or hug him, or both.

"Do you want to keep playing?" Phil asks, nodding back towards the game, but he secretly wants to keep kissing Dan.

Dan shrugs and they sit back on the couch again, side by side. But now Dan can't concentrate, and neither can Phil, they're both too aware of each other. All the love they'd saved up for each other is starting to flow out and they can't stop it.

"If I win, I win a kiss, yeah?" Phil suggests as they just begin a race, to which Dan nods in agreement before crashing straight into an obstacle.

Needless to say, Dan loses the race and Phil gets his kiss. And they don't seem to stop. They end up kissing on the couch instead of playing, but that's okay with both of them. They can play video games anytime, but now, they have each other.

Dan wants to stay in this moment with Phil forever, because right now he finally feels happy again.

***

"Maybe we shouldn't tell my mother yet," Phil says as they walk to school, hand in hand, "she'd then probably ban us from sleeping in the same room due to uh... Y'know. She already knows I'm bi. Do you want to take it slow in public though? Or I could like, totally write your name in the sky in a heart."

Dan laughs silently, rolling his eyes at Phil. Dan manages to text back a reply with one hand, because he doesn't want to have to let go of Phil's hand.

Dan: would you mind if we went slow? I've never dated anyone before...

"Sure," Phil says, squeezing Dan's hand gently, "I'll keep it to holding hands. I can't believe that we're actually like, dating."

Dan: well you haven't even asked me on a date yet. What is this? You're so rude.

Phil laughs when he reads Dan's text. "No, I haven't," Phil agrees, pausing on the pavement and turning to Dan, "so Dan, would you like to accompany me for a trip to a cafe this afternoon on a date?"

Dan: no.

Dan: jk yes, but only if Harry Styles is there as well though.

"Sorry, it will only be me there," Phil says, fake pouting at him, "but I'm just as sexy right?"

Dan: I guess you'll do then. ;P

"Well I guess we have a date after school now, so we are indeed dating," Phil says proudly, "now I want a kiss before I have to go a whole day without one from you."

On the corner before school, Phil pushes Dan against the wall of a building and presses his lips against his. Dan feels the same race in his heart and fire inside as the last time, and they all too quickly have to pull away.

"Damn this day is going to be hard," Phil whispers, stepping away from Dan, "why are you so kissable?"

Dan smiles at Phil, and he leads Dan on towards school, his fingers still laced with Dan's own.

"You're mine and I want everyone to know that when you're ready," Phil says, squeezing his hand yet again, "I never want to let go."

Dan: you're so cheesy.

"I know, but you love it," Phil says, "I'm sorry, I can't help it. I think it's you that brings it out in me."

Dan: it's okay, you're my cheesy loser.

Dan: who doesn't even like cheese anyway you weirdo.

"And you wouldn't have it any other way. Cheese tastes bad though," Phil says, making a face at Dan as they walk through the school gates, "by the way, I can't wait for this afternoon."

Dan nods, and they stop by to get their books from their lockers before heading back outside towards where they usually sit with their friends in the morning.

Dan and Phil both can't stop grinning as they sit down at the table with all their friends. Louise knows straight away, seeing the way her two friends have a dreamy, love struck look in their eyes

"Oh. My. God!" She exclaims, her eyes widening in excitement and joy at the two, "you're together?"

"Um..." Phil stammers, blushing a deep red, glancing at Dan for permission to tell and Dan nods, squeezing his hand, "yeah, we are."

"Aw! That's so cute!" Louise grins, looking at the two of them, "you're both so adorable. I think you even beat Zoe and Alfie for cutest couple. You suit each other so much!"

"Hey!" Alfie protests, putting an arm around Zoe, who giggles and leans into him, "we're cute too!"

"I know, but look at them," Louise says, gesturing to Dan and Phil, "they're straight out of a romance movie or book."

"We don't really want the whole world to know though," Phil says, looking seriously at the few at the table, "and I'm mainly talking to you Caspar."

"If I spill I promise it won't be on purpose!" Caspar says defensively, smiling cheekily at Phil, "I'm just not good with secrets."

"Don't think of it as a secret, more as just not shouting it out like you did when Alfie and Zoe got together," Joe laughs, patting Caspar on the back, "that was a day to remember."

"Shut up guys," Caspar says, looking down with a sheepish grin, "I don't mean to."

"We know you don't Caspar, that's why you're still our friend," Phil says, laughing at him, "you know though, Alfie and Zoe were dating two months before you found out for that reason."

"What?!" Caspar asks, shocked, "how did I not know?!"

"Because we didn't want the world to know," Zoe laughs, leaning to her left onto Caspar's shoulder, "but we love you Caspar!"

"Well, I promise to try my best not to tell everyone Dan and Phil," Caspar says, looking at them, "I will try."

"Thanks Caspar," Phil says, squeezing Dan's hand tightly and smiling at him, "we really appreciate it."

Dan gives him a forced smile back, although he should be over the moon that all their friends are okay with them being together, he can't help but feel like Phil is answering for the both of them.

He knows that he can't exactly talk anyway, but they've stopped looking at Dan, instead when they ask something, they turn to Phil. Dan is becoming invisible, and although he should just skip over it, part of him is terrified that soon they'll stop seeing him.

Just like last time.

***

The cafe Phil takes Dan to is a local one in town.

It's small and industrial themed, with many hanging, large light bulbs or light fixtures. It has large, old wooden tables and metal chairs with a jar of plants in the middle of each table. It looks like it's straight out of a photograph.

Phil orders for them, sitting at the table and their drinks come not even five minutes later, Dan a hot chocolate and Phil a chai latte.

They make small talk over text, just like they usually would when put together, but Dan's head is more occupied with replaying his day today inside his head.

"Are you okay Dan?" Phil asks finally, frowning at Dan opposite him, who is obviously distracted.

Dan nods, forcing a smile at Phil, but his mind is far elsewhere. During the day, nobody spoke directly to Dan, it was always to Phil and Phil always answered for the both of them. It was all too familiar. It was just like before - he's scared he's slipping away.

Phil nods, either believing him or he'll just bring it up later when they're back at home - he always does one of the two options. Phil takes a sip of his drink and starts rambling about some random animal facts that he learnt today.

Dan tries to listen but he is distracted by the cafe door opening, and two guys walking in, one vaguely familiar one and one that Dan knew all too well.

The vaguely familiar one has pale, pastel purple hair flicked up off his face and thick, black rimmed glasses. The other is more familiar, his short, curly brown hair, his cute smile and his bright, blue eyes. It's Troye and Tyler.

Dan freezes, he hasn't seen Troye since he left that school. He can't look away though, his eyes follow Troye walking and sitting at a table four meters away from where Dan and Phil are currently sat. And then, what Dan was dreading happens;

Troye's eyes meet Dan's.

And Dan's heart stops.

************

an// hey, I know it's shorter but I wanted it to end there. Sorry for the short wait but I had exams for school. But they're all over now, yay! thanks so much for reading. #soznotsoz for the cliffhanger.

What are your thoughts on Troye coming back? On Dan's worries? On phan finally uniting?

The fluff is starting but I'm not very good at writing it so sorry in advance lol. Update hopefully within a week! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 923 16
"Depression is like a war, you either win or you die trying' Trigger warning
2.7K 239 17
Phil is a YouTuber. Dan is a normal guy. High school has brought them together and apart. This is a story about the awkwardness of crushes, YouTube...
11.2K 1K 15
{I lost him a while back, but I didn't realise until it was too late. Until he was gone for good.} TW for depression, suicide, and lots of existentia...
1.8K 44 15
I love you so much. WARNING: SMUT