The Billionaire Casanova in L...

By Meghana_N_S

STANDALONE BOOK! No sequel "Why? I know it's not that you actually care about me. Then why? Tell me." I deman... More

Prologue-1
Prologue-2
Author's Note
Chapter 1: Job Hunt, In A Club With A Hunk!
Chapter 2: Night Night! With Him!!
Chapter 3: Silence Before The Storm...
Chapter 4: The Betrayal
Chapter 5: His Plan
Chapter 6: The Proposition
Chapter 7: What's My Decision?
Chapter 8: The Innocent Temptation
Chapter 9: Excited! But Cheated!?
Chapter 10: Bye Bye Everyone!
Chapter 11: Breakfast Blunder
Chapter 12: Busy Dizzy Day
Chapter 13: The Cure Is YOU!
Chapter 14: Love Is In Confusion!
Chapter 15: Parent Meeting!
Chapter 16: The Unnecessary Argument!
Chapter 17: Hurt!
Chapter 18: Realisation, Pleading, Truth!
Chapter 19: Under the Sky
Chapter 20: The Past in Jet and the First Time!
Chapter 21: Dream Destroyed
Chapter 22: Falling Deep into Emotions
Chapter 24: Proof!
Chapter 25: Truth is Out
Chapter 26: Is This it?!
Chapter 27: Suffer & Search!
Chapter 28: A Hard Time For Everyone?!
Chapter 29: Lost Love Found
Chapter 30: Perfect Life Struck!
Chapter 31: Unsaid Feelings!
Chapter 32: Bitter-Sweet Day!
Chapter 33: Away With Friends!
Chapter 34: Clue Unfolds
Chapter 35: Lies!
Chapter 36: A New Culprit?
Chapter 37: A Step Ahead
Chapter 38: Wedding!
Chapter 39: Secret Message?
Chapter 40: Hide 'n' Seek
Chapter 41: A Finished Chapter!
Chapter 42: A Family!
Epilogue
The Billionaire Playboy's Bride
IMPORTANT!

Chapter 23: Clearance..

104K 3.2K 108
By Meghana_N_S

Daniel's POV

Cara.... Cara....... I kept repeating her name in my mind. I miss her so much. She hasn't spoken to me since TWO weeks! I don't know how am I even surviving! She still gives me looks from her eyes saying "look at you best friend. Look what she's doing!"

I don't know why I say such things to her and then expect her to forgive me! Obviously she won't! I mean how many times will she? Right?

Natasha asked for a drink and I was taking it to her, when I heard a loud scream coming from the pool area. I guessed it was Mom. Yes! Mom is screaming her lungs out. And what I saw made me stop in my tracks. My Cara was struggling to breathe. Drowning into the pool. When I saw her getting tired and she was about to sink to the bottom. And I was just watching with horror. It then clicked in me and then I threw the glass and jumped into the water to save her.
I caught her by her hand brought her close to me by her waist. When I got out of the pool I laid her on the floor. She was unconscious! And she wasn't breathing as well...... Mom pushed me aside and pressed her abdomen and then she coughed out water! But she was still unconscious but atleast now she was breathing! Thank god! She just gave me a panic attack.

I brought her to my room and removed her wet clothes immediately. Dried her with my towel and then dressed her with one of my t-shirt that's too long for her and my boxers. I insisted on calling a doctor but Mom said she'll be fine. I trust her words since she was a doctor before she met Dad.

I was sitting on bed beside her looking at her face. So innocent...... completely away from the real world. And finally after two hours she woke up completely clueless to what happened.

"What happened? Why am I wearing your shirt? Who changed me?" She asked innocently.

I raised my eyebrows saying 'really?' And then she turned her face to the other side trying to think and her eyes widened. Seems like she remembers everything now..
Now she is glaring at me.

"You want more proof than this!?" She asked. No. Scratch that. Screamt!

But this time I had no idea what she was talking about.
"What are you saying?" I asked clueless.

"Of course! You were'nt there. I did'nt accidentally fall into pool Daniel!" She said waiting for me to understand.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked again.

"I did'nt fall. I was purposely being pushed into the pool. Or tripped?!" She said, angry again.

"You mean Natasha pushed you?" I asked when I already knew what she was implying at. She nodded and I closed my eyes. I was still in denial. I know Natasha's not the best person. She is not too good or innocent. But she knew whatever we had was just physical, no emotions. So I don't think she could do any such thing. She is not the jealous type.

But somehow every part of me wants to believe Cara. She thinks I don't trust her. I do. More than I trust myself. If there's one person who is giving me hope to live. It's her! How can I not believe her? I just don't want to give in so easily to her.

When I was shaking my head in denial and looked up at her face to say she held up her hand asking me not to speak. Her face still filled with anger. I could read her like a book. But more than anger it was hurt. As though she was tired.

"Enough Daniel.. I know what you wanna say. I can't say anything anymore. Even after all this, if you can't trust me..... then....." she tried to say something. She swallowed as if something was stopping her from saying it. "I work for you Daniel. And as you name it, I'm nothing but your Secretary or personal assistant or whatever that is.. you asked me to give you a chance. I did. But for what? What am I to you? Our relationship is not defined. It's right to mention it the way you did. It's just physical. I was a one night stand, your little fling. You don't even have to give me any kind of explanation about why you trust Natasha more than me. I should give a chance to you? It should be the other way around. I should ask for another chance if I did anything wrong. Right?" She said calmly in a sweet voice.

"What the fuck do you even mean by that?" I ask dumbfounded, of course I was practically hyperventilating. All these days, was it these thoughts that was going on in her mind? Such stupid beliefs. Not one thing! Not one thing she said was true. I held both her hands and knelt down on the floor.
"Look I know how I acted infront of you. But nothing you said is the truth. I do trust you. The thing is that I can't believe Natasha doing all this. It's hard to choose-" Oops! Wrong choice of words. Shit! Hard to choose? I'm such an idiot! And by this time, Cara was already fuming.

"Of course it's hard for you to believe. Hard for you to choose. I mean there's no comparison at all. Well for starters, I don't know how to dress up like her, like a bitchy prostitute. I'm no more rich. Like her." She said her with so much disgust as if she'd puke right now. "Oh and I don't know how to jump at every rich man I see, I don't know how to attract them like she did to you. And I don't know what magical spell she cast on you. Huh" she said rolling her eyes. I did get jealous when she spoke about attracting other rich men. Noone! Noone except me.. will be the only man in her life.

My princess is jealous. But all she saw these two weeks was that, that I was attracted to Natasha? Oh for fuck's sake. "Cara.... where did you get such ridiculously stupid idea from?" I asked half angry with her that she could even think of it. While I did'nt even glance at any women after I met her.

Her mouth was open forming an O.
"Oh so now I'm ridiculously stupid?!" She asked.

I was fed up with her now. She can't bring another meaning to every word I say. "Yes you are. You prooved it today, now." I said.

She was hurt, almost on the verge of crying. "You don't deserve me." She said softly, her words stabbing my heart hard with a knife.
"You definitely don't deserve me. Maybe I should I've died in that pool. Then you would've understood. Oh wait! You don't even care about me. I would never forgive you if our baby would've died! You don't even-"

"WHAT?!" I asked. I think I misheard her. Did she say baby? I was eyeing her suspiciously. I mean..... I stopped wearing a condom purposely. I did'nt want her to leave me. But I did'nt know the after effects wouls start so soon. I can't believe she did'nt tell me! I was still looking at her and her widened eyes confirmed my suspicion.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I asked softly as I sat next to her holding her face. I was so happy. Never in my dreams did I think that I'd be so happy to get her pregnant and so happy to be a father.
She was completely nervous. As if she'd faint any moment now. I smiled at her letting her know that it's fine.
"Really?" I asked touching her stomach now with a huge grin. But what she did next hurt me! She pushed my hand away from her stomach.

"Stop being so delusional!" She said and I raised my eyebrows at her. I hope she is not thinking about abortion or adoption.
"Stoooooopp!" She said again. "I know what you're thinking. Neither am I gonna get an abortion nor will I opt for adoption-" she said and I released a sigh of relief hearing that. But that was too soon. Her next words disappointed mea again "-I don't have to do that coz I'm not pregnant at all."

"What? Whyyyy??" I whined like a child.
"Wait a minute. Then why did you say 'if our baby?'....." I asked.

"It just came out of my mouth. Just like that." She rambled amd shrugged.

"Lieing is not your thing Cara. You really want me to believe that?" I asked giving her a serious look.

"Your Mom commented about me being pregnant her grandchild etc etc.. so I just had a doubt. I mean.. uhm... we did'nt u-use a.... any precautions.." she said softly and turned her head away from me. My Cara is too shy I thought and chuckled to myself. It's alright. There's always a next time.

"Alright... it's ok. Now come on." I stood up and held out my hand for her.

She frowned and questioned "Where?"

"To find proof" I said shrugging. She thinks I don't trust her. This is her proof to know that I do trust her more than anyone. I will give a name to our relationship.

"Proof for what?" She asked a bit curiously.

"To proove that Natasha's the culprit behind all this" I said happily waiting for her to jump in my arms. But instead her face fell. Even the slight smile she had on her face vanished completely.

"Let's go" she said and stood up pulling my t-shirt she was wearing. Wait I held her by her arms.

"What?" she asked with the same hurt face.

"Stop lieing and tell me what's got you bothered again" I asked with a serious face.

"Nothing.... you still want a proof right? You still don't believe me.." she shrugged and smiled sadly looking at the floor trying to hide the fact that she is hurt.

"Do you not even understand the meaning of a single word I said? I said we'll find proof to proove that Natasha's the culprit! Not that I don't trust you. I do trust you. And that's why I'm with you. It's not easy to get rid of Natasha and her family so easily. The Bloomwood family is definitely not so innocent to accept everything so easily. I did believe you. But I was'nt ready to accept the fact that my once best friend could do this. That she could fall so low. You do know that I was supposed to be married to Natasha right?" I asked and she nodded so I continued "It was'nt just a marriage. But it was a merger deal. But then I cancelled the marriage deal coz whatever Natasha did.. I just can't handle cheaters. And she did just that. She always had a slight crush on Nick. And Nick wanted to proove to me as well that my fiance.. I mean ex! Was also a lying cheater. And I just can't handle cheaters. I cancelled the marriage, they cancelled the merger. And now after so many years they've again agreed for the merger. We should solve all that first. I'll speak to Dad about it. I want proof to show him. Dad really wants this merger to happen but I myself am not happy with it. I have this gut feeling that they have another hidden motive" I said.

Her face held shock!
"Wow! I did'nt know..... and Nick? I mean you never speak out..." she said and all I did manage was to give a slight smile. I'm really not good at this talking stuff. I always say something I won't mean. Caroline was smiling as well but looking at my small smile she frowned and went back deep into her thoughts. God! I have to really bring her back from her thoughts and keep her away from it. Seriously! They are like virus. So infectious, so dangerous!

"Cara... what now?" Good things is that she can't lie. She's very bad at it. And I can find out easily coz if I ask two or three times she'll tell me everything. Not much of a problem.

"Is this all because... because I mentioned about the baby. That's why now you trust me?" She asked again with tired eyes almost ready to cry.

"No! Stop thinking so much Cara. It is what it is. What I said is true. You don't have to think about something that I did'nt say, that's irrelevant or something that isn't even connected to what we are talking about. It's not because of the baby and besides you're not even sure" I said and she nodded, smiling at me.

Caroline's POV

All his words are so sweet. I don't even know (As he said) from where do such ridiculously stupid thoughts enter my mind.

He hugged me by side and almost carried me. We were walking out of the door that led to the back gate. Proof? Where is he taking me? I thought. But again Daniel interrupted my thoughts.

"So sweetheart. Don't forget we still need to confirm the baby" he winked and was so happy to talk about the baby. I could sense it in his voice, see it in his eyes. And I thought he'd get angry and throw things at me.

"Yeah. I know. But I still don't think there's a high possibility." I said...
Lie! Complete lie! I was silently freaking out about the baby. I just told that to calm myself.

"Whatever! Anyways we're getting married soon." He said and grinned mischievously... he is hiding something from me. But then I realised what he said. He said it so calmly as if he did'nt say anything at all.

Only word that left my mouth was
"WHAT?!"

************************************

Alright guys.
First! Again... sorry for the late update.

Two... I wanted to ask you all a real question.
How many chapters do you think I should do?
Quick reply please.
Please leave your suggestions in the comment box.
I really love reading all your comments.
Those are the one that really motivate me into writing more.

Ok.. bye guys. I think I'll go
3 more assignments left..
And I'm sooooo addicted to Wattpad.

Please VOTE and COMMENT!

THANK YOU. LOVE YOU EVERYONE.!

Oh and thanks again. I never thought I'd get 100+ likes for a single chapter or followers.
But I really appreciate all your support. Really really thanks! :*

************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503K 13.5K 37
"Get away from me."I took her soft hands from my chest and pinned them on the wall.I closed the gap between us but our lips didn't meet.She looked in...
733K 25.2K 65
"You found me as a kid. Now let my adult self grow old with you..." --------------------------------------------- "We'll marry as soon as we meet aga...
549K 13.1K 32
[Completed] Highest ranking :- 29 boss 35 business 163 boss 128 hot 238 hate 234 marriage Warning : there are many grammatical errors in the novel re...
1.4M 47.9K 21
"You- Are- Mine Jayda... All mine.. No- one else's." Conrad panted through the hard kissing and touching. That did it for me. I peeled off my shirt...