I'll Protect You (Original Ve...

By orangechicken

Whoever wished they could live the life of royalty deserved a punch in the face. Meet Park Sparrow, a feisty... More

Author's Note
Introducing Park Sparrow, Princess of Cimeria
Introducing Logan Cross, intellectually gifted and a prodigy agent
The princess and the totally and completely unnecessary bodyguard
Have good taste in ties; kings like that
The poor decisions of Logan Cross
Serenaded with the beautiful Call Me Maybe
A not-so-friendly game of hide-and-go-seek in the city
Studying abroad equals Not in Cimeria
B.E.F.L: Best Enemies For Life
Sweaters are appealing. Not shoulders.
Welcome to Cimeria; and keep off the dragonlilies
The Greeks have their gods, we Cimerians have dragons
The destruction damage of a white shoe
I'm the Short Demon Loser from Hell, not Gorgeous
Don't be late for dinner.
There's a Code:Red--and there's a Code:Zero.
Mission:Impossible; Park Sparrow is secretly Ethan Hunt.
You need a poker face lesson from Lady Gaga.
Confessions of an iron-heart princess.
It's a happily never after, at least for me.
A duet isn't complete without sparks flying.
ADHD dreams of dragons and monsters.
Quoting song lyrics? I really need a therapist....again.
The princess, the knight, and the wizard all hate each other. That's not good.
I'm going to have nightmares about Tropical Paradise
Two is better than one. Especially as back-up.
CSI: Investigation--Paradise Coffee's Special Edition
I used to love story time--until I found out that I had amnesia.
Where's the assassin when you really need him?!
I hereby declare you Witch!
Betrothals sound more magical in a fairy tale.
High Frequency Sound Wave of Shut The Hell Up
We're star-crossed haters, Sunglass Dude and I.
The royals fight fire with fire.
Nothing good ever comes out of Advanced Chemistry
The secret life of sitting in a hospital, and witnessing a miracle happen
Once upon a time: Archer Sparrow's mysterious and danger-filled life version 2.0
Like Taylor Swift says--No amount of vintage dresses gives you dignity
I heard the Grim Reaper is bad luck; unfortunately, he gave me a boat ride
I'm a walking contradiction--yes, like the song.
Liar, Liar, but my pants aren't on fire
Wake up and smell the coffee--Park Sparrow will always be better than you
Lemon chapstick is beyond amazing
Nightmares that sound more like the first five minutes of a horror movie
I know what a stock market is, dammit!
Taking pictures with Santa and the elves.
You can't offer revenge--that's playing dirty!
Cookies and presents: Park's therapeutic care for traitors
Useless autograph? My signature is worth five hundred dollars on eBay!
Arsonage is a rather grim subject. For Sparrows? It's a regular debate topic.
The Order of the Dragons aren't very orderly at all. Trust me.
Introducing Flynn Darkwood: the boy who ran away
A how-many-miles-did-you-just-say hike during the storm of the century
I set fire to the rain--no, no, I didn't mean to do it literally!
Have a little more faith in my survival skills, people.
Alright, who came up with the idea to put seven noble clans in one room?
Trading secrets in Drageryian Hall.
Epilogue

I Legolas You.

410K 6.5K 2.6K
By orangechicken

Park

My birthday was in four days. Thanksgiving was tomorrow, the 22nd of November, and two days after that, I would become eighteen.
I'm such an old crone.

To many teenagers around this vast world, it meant freedom. Adulthood. The ability to take charge of yourself and to be taken seriously (not all the time, but more than when you were sixteen). You were off to college or finishing your senior year (unless you were a genius and graduated early).

To me, it meant that if Archer didn't figure out his case soon, my father would be coronated and he would sign my name down as the crown princess.
                It also meant another thing, but I couldn't speak about it. I couldn't even bring it up to escape my throat. I felt like Ariel from The Little Mermaid who lost her voice. Because I've barely spoken the whole time Archer was talking about his game plan.

"You look like you're contemplating death," Archer finally sighed, looking at me with a pointed look. "You can't avoid talking about this. You can't avoid everything, Sparrow."

"Watch me."

"She spoke!" Archer snorted, putting down his pen. He really shouldn't sketch out his plans with a pen. What if he messed up? You're always supposed to use a pencil, and then outline with a pen. Then again, this was Archer I was speaking about.

"Look, you know what you need to do. So instead of sitting here and throwing a silent tantrum about a decision you agreed to, get up and get what I need. And take Darkwood with you, I think he's gone crazy."

Alec was currently sitting on the couch, watching reruns of Gossip Girl, almost on the brink of tears as he watched Nate and Blair together, while Chuck stood outside the door. He was screaming and clutching his pillow, furiously denying what was happening in front of his eyes.

I think he lied about the reruns--I think this was his very first time watching Gossip Girl.
        I looked at Alec and rolled my eyes--thank the lords my grandmother didn't marry his grandfather or else I'd be related to this freak.

"Call the house phone if you need help," Archer said as I stood up.

"Like I need help," I scoffed, walking over to the couch. Archer shouted something about my shoulder and I scowled. He was never going to let me live that down. Man, I really shouldn't have gotten shot.

"Let's go," I said to Alec, who was indeed on the very edge of tears as the episode ended.
               "I hate this show," Alec rasped, running his fingers through his black hair. "I can't believe people actually like it."

"Then you wouldn't mind me spoiling everything? Gossip Girl is actually--"

"I'M NOT LISTENING! LA LA LA LA!" Alec shouted, running away from me so he could go get changed. Normally, I would've chased after him, shouting at the top of my lungs every possible heart-stopping event from that show. But the thought of what I was about to do shut down my humor for a while and I plopped down on the couch, my pink ear buds turned up pretty high while blasting mopey Taylor Swift music.

Actually, I wasn't--I was listening to Korean pop music for some reason. Zen must've downloaded all these songs (one hundred and fifty, to be exact.)

After a few minutes, Alec emerged, wearing a dark blue hoodie exposing his black t-shirt. Darkwood had no variation of colors from his wardrobe at all--he only owned one brightly colored shirt, and that's because he accidentally dyed it pink in the washer. He was busy rolling the hem of his too-long dark jeans over a pair of grey sneakers when he caught me glaring at him.

"What?"

"You have no variation whatsoever, it irks me," I said. Alec and I were going to go say goodbye. Minnie, Zen, and Vincent knew I was leaving soon, but they were always in the loop. No, James, Josh, and Mark (even Sophia was coming) didn't know that this was probably the last time I was ever going to speak to them.

Logan knew, though. He was supposed to come with me, like a bodyguard should. I felt bad, though. I would be taking him away from all his friends and family and forcing him to stay by my side while it killed him every day.  

I pointed that out to him. He ignored me.

"Besides, we're not going only for a goodbye," I said, hopping off the couch to meet him at the door. I wore a white sweatshirt over a pair of shorts which were over thick black tights. My feet were snug in my favorite brown combat boots. My neck was protected by a grey wool scarf and my long dark hair was capped by my blue beanie.

Ever since the attack last week, news had leaked out (exclusive only to Paradise--thank the stars for that) about the princess being hidden in Paradise. The only reason that the social media hadn't learned was because of my father. They were all too scared of his threat--let's face it: my father would actually sue them if they dared defy his orders.

No one recognized Alec, which kind of deflated his ego just a bit.

"Yeah, yeah. We need to get something," Alec muttered. He had gotten the keys and unlocked the silver car. "Are you sure want to do that though? I mean, you could always take--"

"I'm sure," I said, firm on my decision. The drive to Paradise Coffee was quiet and tense. Alec concentrated on the road, afraid to interrupt my train of thoughts. I felt so bad for him--all week he had been trying so hard to cheer me up, telling me jokes, suggesting things for us to do. Archer as well. It's hard to take your mind off when you spend your last week in the house you're never going to spend another week ever again.

Archer was staying longer than we were. Father said he would be safer out of Cimeria. He was visiting for Christmas though, but he needed to lay low until he sorted out his whole I-Didn't-Actually-Kill-Someone-When-I-Was-Thirteen business.

We parked in front of Paradise Coffee. Everyone was already there (except for Logan), gathered around in the middle. Quickly, Alec and I got out and walked in. The sweet smell of cappuchinos and pumpkin pie wafted around me.

Elijah smiled happily at us. His coffee shop had become ten times as busy when more agents swarmed into the town, and they made his shop their base. Which made it harder for Elijah to stop by. He did so at nights (in the dead of night actually).

Alec and I went to Elijah first so I could say goodbye to my cousin. He barked orders at Macie, who jumped up and down happily when she saw me, waving like a maniac before carrying out her manager's orders.

Elijah left the counter to crush me in a tight hug. "I am going to miss you so much, my darling barista! You were so fabulous all these years! Now who am I going to talk to about the newest Vogue magazines?"

I laughed as Elijah set me down. "Archer will listen. He'll punch you in the face but he'll listen."

"Honey, I need this face perfect and unflawed if I'm going to get any guys to have interest in me," Elijah joked. Then his face grew somber and his blue eyes softened considerably into a familiar gaze. I would miss my cousin so much.

"You're not even saying anything and I'm about to cry," Elijah suddenly choked. Sure enough, fat droplets of tears began rolling off his face and he backed away, palm to his mouth as he tried not to look at me. "Don't look at me, I'm hideous," he hiccuped, daintily wiping the tear drops from his face. He sniffled.

"And Alec, how can this be? We've only just met!" Elijah surged forward to crush Alec's ribs into pieces with a loud, heart-breaking sob. Needless to say, heads turned.

"Eli, you're attracting attention," I muttered.
Elijah let go of Alec, even more tears present on his face. "You two were my best workers."
"Hey!" Macie yelled from the storage cabinet. That girl had amazing ears, I gotta say. 
Elijah excused himself to get back to work after reminding to give my family his love.

"Who says that anymore?" Alec asked as we headed towards our group. 

"Says what?"

"Give them my love. That sounds it's coming from a Jane Austen book." he cleared his throat. "Victoria, darling, do give my love to your mother. You are such a darling child, oh my. I do hope to see you for tea this afternoon, we have much to converse about!" And he proceeded to laugh haughtily.

"No, you sound like an idiot," Minnie corrected, overhearing Alec's ridiculous impersonation. "Jane Austen has impeccable literature usage and much more in-depth conversations than--"

"Minnie, have you ever heard of mocking something?" Zen asked. "They're supposed to sound less intelligent than the original work because we're making fun of them."
Zen was standing besides a sitting Minnie, who then backhanded his stomach. He choked on his hot chocolate.

"I've never seen Elijah cry, though," Mark noticed. He was sitting besides Josh, who was focused intently on his game of challenging Soduku.

"Are you serious?" James and Josh scoffed at the same time.

"I was in here when he started crying because one of his favorite T.V show characters had died. The guy was bawling his eyes out," Josh commented. "So what did Park tell him?"

I met Vincent's eyes from across the small table everyone was crowded around. He smiled happily when he saw me. I still felt bad from what he saw last week between Logan and me. I knew that he had liked me, which was why he was so enthusiastic about the betrothal.
              I had apologized when he had come over one day to check on me. And Vincent, being Vincent, forgave me completely, saying that he couldn't have expected me to be heads over heels for him when we barely spoke.

Alec and I exchanged a look. Telling them in such a crowded place would be a sure way to attract attention. Suck it up, Park, the voice in my head chided. This was your decision so you've got to go through with it.

I took a deep breath. "Everyone....Alec and I are moving."

I met the astonished stares of the Player Trio, the surprised look of a Sophia Misser, and the sad expressions of my best friends. They knew how much I enjoyed life here. They showed the sadness that I was trying hard to hide from everyone.

Then, the uproars came: 
"You can't move!" 
"Why are you moving?!" 
"Where are you moving to?"

Mark asked the last question, his expression curious. Then Alec started laughing when I remembered that Mark didn't know that I was the princess of Cimeria.

"She's the princess of Cimeria, that's why," scoffed Josh just as I opened mouth to tell Mark the truth.
"That's my secret to tell, you blabbering hag!" I protested. Mark surprised us by laughing.

"I'm not that gullible, guys. I know that the rumors going around Paradise are just rumors. There's no way Park is the princess. Nice move, though, dying your hair brown. Gives you more credibility."

Of all the times Mark decides to be the most gullible guy in town, he chooses now to be realistic?

Mark noticed the exasperated looks everyone was giving him. Even Vincent, the kind and friendly one, rolled his eyes. Vincent Van Hastings rolled his eyes. That, my friends, is a sign from the gods.

"Mark Garretteson, fifth placement on the seasonal finals, may I present to you: Princess Park Mai Elizabeth Sparrow, daughter of William and Giselle Sparrow, second placement on the seasonal finals, and future crown princess of Cimeria," Alec declared grandly, using large gestures and swooping bows to emphasize my title.

Everyone laughed hysterically at the comedian standing besides me, except for Mark, who turned as pale as a ghost when he watched me. "Are you really the princess? This isn't one big prank that you're all trying to pull on me?"

Alec then grinned wickedly and opened his mouth to scream, "PSY--" 

I clamped my hand over his mouth, trying to look as truthful as I could. Which was difficult because my natural look is a trickster. "Would I lie to you, Mark? Don't answer that. I'm telling the truth. I swear on my life that I am the princess of Cimeria."

"So you're not a runaway experiment that's hungry for the destruction for the world?" he asked.

"Well, I don't know about that--" Alec cut in, chuckling at the glare I sent him. So what if I had tendecies of a mad man sometimes? There's no need to point it out.

"Why are you moving back?" James asked again, irritated that no one paid attention to him. James was one of the egotistical boys I had ever met--he and I used to hate each other.  It was strange to think that I was closer to him than any of those boys (who were a certainly a good deal kinder to me). I was going to miss James Mayfield and his temper tantrums, his reality-TV worthy life, and his loyalty to his friends and me.

I was going to miss the silent periods of Josh and his habits of blatantly pointing out my true self (I talk about myself like I'm some emotionally damaged fictional character who has a hidden alter ego that's her true personality--this moving away thing is getting to me) in front of Logan. 

I was going to miss Mark and his gullibility, his fear of the fake stitches on my arms, and his intense fear of Alec Darkwood.

"It's safer," I said, shrugging.

"What's safer?" a voice said behind me. We all turned to a see a late Logan, looking like he just rolled out of bed. He wore a slim fitting gray jumper (one from the closet I had bought him for the summer--don't ask me why I bought winter outfits for the summer) over dark jeans that had the hems rolled over his dark red sneakers. The collar of his white t-shirt could be seen poking out from his neck.

He'd been spending as much time with his friends as possible, so I hadn't seen him a lot. I was on lockdown, and Alec and I spent our hours watching Kim Possible on our TV.  

Logan smiled when he saw me and went to stand by my side. Then he seemed to have caught sight of Vincent and steered away from me, choosing an empty seat besides Sophia. He was carrying a cream colored gift bag with orange tissue paper sticking out. He caught me looking and kicked it under his seat, away from my sight.

Was it just me or was he blushing slightly?

Sophia turned her nose the other direction when he sat down, her eyes suddenly teary.  

Logan had made it official that they weren't together after the incident. She had accepted it without tears. Then proceeded to call me and bawl her eyes out that her first love didn't love her anymore. I tried to convince him to get over me and go back to Sophia--he and I weren't supposed to be together after all.

But he refused to listen to me, saying that it would be unfair for any other girl, and that he wanted to be with me as a friend as well. 
            Which gave me the hunch that Archer had been talking to him a bit too much.

"Park's moving!" Mark said. "Did you know about this? And she's the princess of Cimeria!" 

Logan laughed slightly and ruffled his friend's hair. "I knew. Actually, I'm going with her."

That caused the biggest uproar yet--mainly from his friends. Zen and Minnie looked surprised that I was taking him, and Sophia was looking at me a knowing look, shaking her head in disapproval. Feeling like a child, I stuck my tongue out at her in response and looked away. She didn't know how hard this choice was for me.  

His friends were begging for him to stay (or, in Mark's case, asking why he was leaving in the first place), and Logan's attentioned was fixated on his raucious friends. I watched as James kick chairs out of his way to pick up Logan's cuff, demanding him to stay, while Josh turned off his phone and got on his knees to beg him to stay.

The day went on after the Player Trio subsided their tantrum when their fearless leader assured them he was going to visit. Conversations were struck. Alec and I were the quiet ones--that was different. What happened to the brazen and confident Park, who participated in conversations that she didn't even belong to? What happened to Alec, the smart aleck that ticked everyone off?

It must be the moving-vibes. But we needed to get something accomplished and there wasn't a single way that I could possibly suggest this without getting Logan's suspicions up.

Suddenly, Zen said, "Who here has the best signature?" 
I wanted to kiss Zen.

Minnie instantly fished out a ballpoint pen and signed her signature on a brown napkin. She finished with a flourish and proudly displayed it to the group.
             I could kiss the both of them.

Zen signed it next, followed by Sophia. Joining in, I took the pen and scribbled my long signature. Then James, then Alec, then Josh. Mark glanced at the signatures, his face falling. Then he shrugged and scrawled down his named. Vincent happily signed his signature, the most graceful looking one besides Minnie's.

Then we all looked pointedly at Logan, whose golden eyes narrowed. "I don't sign my signatures for nothing." 

"Come on!" we all protested at the same time. We pleaded and groveled and sold our souls--I'm kidding, we didn't do that. But in the end, all of our rowdiness caused him to give in, signing the last empty space of the napkin with his name.

"You happy? This was pointless," he grumbled. I knew why he was so angry--XYZ agents were trained not to give their signatures out unless it was absolutely necessary, due to cases of forgery.  

Another fifteen minutes passed when Zen took the initiave to leave, saying he was too tired. My two hours were almost up, anyway, indicating that Alec and I should leave soon.
Right after Zen took Minnie out of the shop, Mark excused himself. Followed by Josh and James. Vincent left right after them, wishing us a goodnight.  

I gave Alec the GO signal and he left, slipping something into his jacket. Logan was busy on the phone, speaking to his father about Thanksgiving tomorrow. Sophia took her chance to grab my arm and pull me away from the table.

"Whatever you're doing, it's going to hurt him," she said the moment we were in the girl's batheroom. It was only a single bathroom, and I'd never imagined myself in this scenarior. With Sophia Misser of all people.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said defensively.  

"Yes, you do. You know exactly what you're going to do, and you know how much it's going to hurt him. Why don't you talk to him about it, Park?" Sophia pressed. "Park--"

"I have to, Sophia," I said. "This was my choice, and it's the best one." When her face fell and she shook her head at me, I took her shoulders and smiled kindly. I felt like a big sister all over again, and the feeling was weird. Maybe it was she was a lot shorter than me.

"Don't worry about him. He's a big boy and he can take care of himself, alright? Logan will be fine," I said. Sophia sighed, shaking her blonde head, disagreeing with my words.

"He loves you, Park. There's no way he's going to be fine with what you're going to do," she said. "He's going to go through every day and be reminded of the girl he lost."

There was a knock on the bathroom door, and Alec's voice came through. "If you ladies are done crying together, I have what you need, Park.

I shot Sophia a sad but encouraging smile. "Don't get kidnapped, alright? It was nice not hating you, even if it was such for a short amount of time." I left the bathroom, where Alec handed me a thick letter containing all I needed.

"You're sure that you did it right?" I asked Alec with a worried glance. "Archer said the letter will only be permitted if the--" 

"It'll work," Alec said. "Will he be giving you a ride or..." His voice trailed off as we both looked back to where Logan sat by hiself.  

"I'll ask him," I said. "Go cry over Chuck and Blair some more."

Alec sent me a dark look and threatened to kill me if I ever told anyone that. Me? He should be more worried about Archer telling people.  

I waved goodbye to the murderous looking boy before making my way over to Logan. Once again, his face lit up when he saw me. I felt so bad--he still shouldn't feel this way for me, and yet I did nothing to shoot him down.

"Everyone left," he commented, a bit awkwardly at first. He had a shy smile on his face, but he leaned closer as he propped his chin up with his arm and looked happily at me. "What do you want to do?"

"Walk around town?" I suggested, trying to seem enthusiastic. "Seeing as I'll never get another chance to do it."

Logan noticed the sad tone in my voice and obliged. He grabbed the gift bag from under his seat and walked with me out the shop. I waved a goodbye to Elijah, who blew me a kiss and pretended to wipe a tear from his face (he might not have been pretending--I couldn't tell).

Logan and I began to just walk around town, talking about the most random stuff. He asked about my childhood memories, and I had to be very careful not to mention anything that involved him. Which, now that I thought about it, was very hard. He was in almost every memory I had regained. I couldn't mention Sophia or Six either.  

So I steered the conversations towards himself. And then what our favorite things were. What we thought of the hackers that liked to play pranks on XYZ (totally not me, guys, I mean, why would I do such a thing?). What we hated about our lives. What we loved about them.

After an hour, I decided to sit down on a bench in front of brightly lit shops, my breath appearing in fog. Logan's shoulder brushed mine as he sat as well. I felt the envelope in the pocket of my sweatshirt and suddenly, my nerves tensed up. Was I ready to do this?

Before I could do anything, Logan set the gift bag between and smiled adorably, his face bright like a child's on Christmas as he pushed the bag towards me.  

"I can't see you this weekend because my father is taking me to visit the agency, so this is the only time I can give you your birthday present."

Smiling, I sifted through the glittery orange tissue paper, wondering what he could've possbily gotten me. 
         It was my jacket. The same one I had worn to save Sophia. Except, as I turned it front to back, I realized with a leaping heart that it had no holes. The jacket was back in mint condition, unworn and untarnished by bullet holes.

"Zen said you were really upset about the jacket getting holes, so I went and--"

I threw my arms around him, laughing as he nearly fell over. I didn't care that there could be eyes watching me with video cameras. I loved the old jacket, and the love came with complaints for a whole week about how it was ruined. 

His gift made me feel slightly bad for what I was going to give to him next. A part of me refused to do it, saying that it was unnecessary. But a larger part insisted that I go through with it, knowing that it would sort out everything.

"Logan, I have an order for you," I started out, my voice close to shaking.  

Logan turned let me go, an eyebrow arched. He hated my orders more than anything, but he was a good bodyguard, following his princess' demands.

"This can't be good," Logan said. "You going to order me to stay home? Quit being your bodyguard? I can't follow those orders, Park. I won't let you make me."

"You overreact too much," I snorted, taking out the envelope. "Your orders are to safe-guard this envelope with your life. Make sure no one reads it. Until Monday. Take it with you on Monday and read it. I don't care what time on Monday, but read it on that day. Alright?"

Logan looked extremely skeptical as he took the envelope slowly. He stared at it for a very long time, his brows furrowed as he pondered what could possibly be inside. I rolled my eyes.

"It's not a bomb, Logan. It isn't labeled FRAGILE. You can hold it and put it in your pocket," I said. "Well, it can be harmful in this way." I plucked the thick material out of his hand and began slapping it on his head. 

Logan laughed and seized my wrists. "That actually hurts, Park."

I grinned slyly. "Wussy." I tried slapping him with my wrists and he laughed. This felt nice--it was like we were back to being just friends again, before we fell for each other. Before Sophia came into the picture and before Vincent paid a surprise visit.

It kind of made me really sad. The sort of sad that nothing can fix. You just want to crawl into your sheets and stare at the ceiling with your music playing in your ears, with lyrics that never seemed more relevant than that moment. Where you feel a numbness deep down.  

I wondered if we could ever be this normal ever again.

* * *

The follow Monday (as Park predicted)

Logan

Park had said not to call or come by the house when he woke up. It was strange. Ten minutes after he crawled out of bed, his phone had rang, and she had ordered him not to see her. Just like she had done every day after the Wednesday of last week.

Logan was worried. Very worried. His muscles were tense as he walked to school alone, head down, his mind aching, dying to read her letter. What could it possibly be about? 

She was being so mysterious these days, calling him and avoiding to see him. Archer said not to worry, but to listen to her and stay away from the house. 

Was their house under major construction? Did they find a rat infestation?

He had gotten to school earlier than he planned, having a full forty-five minutes of free time. Now that he didn't have to wait for the princess to actually finish her cereal instead of making them having cereal olympics, he was early like he had always been before he got involved with Park Sparrow.

It was strange to think that the girl with such attitude and spunk could change his life so much. He walked past the iron gates, recalling every memory he had of Park Sparrow, smiling to himself about their old fights and arguments.

Logan took a seat on the stone fountain. He wanted to wait until after school, where he could have total privacy. But he wanted to know now.

His impatience won over and Logan dug the envelope out of his backpack, staring at the thick material in his hands.  

Ever so slowly, Logan tore open one side and tipped some of the contents out. The first to fall into his fingers seemed to be a very long letter.

She wrote him a letter? It was her handwriting, looping yet casually cursive and neat. He loved her handwriting. Many of the girls at the academy had the typical cute font writing, with the round, smooth letters that were smooshed together. Hers was fast and pretty--the handwriting of the princess.

Dear Logan, 

If you are reading this, then I am dead.

Logan's vision went red instantly. What was this? A joke? He continued reading, his vision blurry and his hands shaking.

I'm only joking--please read through this entire thing before you go destroy a city.  

If you're reading this, then the truth is that I am in Cimeria.

I'm a liar, I know. But, honestly, did you really think that I would've uprooted you from your incredibly perfect life here? You would've been leaving three friends who've always wanted the best for you, an international academy where you rule like a king, and a very nice home, if I may add.  

I can't let you do that.

I've been told I'm a very selfish person at times. But this is one of those times where I can't be selfish. I've got a kingdom to rule in the future and I want my kingdom to be safe. And you? You have the title of one of the best agents to have ever existed. You don't have to be tied down as my bodyguard anymore. Take on life-threatening missions, upstage Six (but not my brother or else you'll make him competitive and he'll sign up to take apart a nuclear bomb under fifteen minutes). Run XYZ. Maybe even join Th Order of the Dragons.

Maybe we'll meet in the future and forget the idiots we were at this time.

I sound really grown-up about this but the truth is I am crying pathetically as I type this.  

I'll miss you, Logan. Probably the most ( don't let Elijah know that). I'll miss fighting with you over the silliest things or going on rants that I know, deep down, you loved even though you told me to shut up most of the time. I'll miss doing about everything with my overly concerned bodyguard, who took his job so seriously and stuck to it longer than any other bodyguard.

And it's time for you to move on. I know you said you'd fight for me as long as you could, but  your time has come. Delete old photos of ourselves. Avoid looking at future magazines that will have my face plastered all over them. Make sure your new assignments aren't in Cimeria. Not until you're ready.

I want you to wake up and not think about how to protect me. I want you to find someone who can actually like you back with no other complications. I want you happy and living. I don't want you trailing me like a shadow while your heart gets crushed everyday.
Speaking of which, I guess I should address that matter before I conclude this oh-so heartbreaking letter.

In our first year, before you and I spoke, I had crush on you that lasted for two hours. A big crush. I thought you were really cute. I wanted you to speak to me. I felt like a tiny little girl all over again when I saw you at the academy, being greeted by so many fans.
            And then you insulted me and I hated you ever since. I hated everything about you. You were filled with hubris, floating high on the sky as you sneered down on me, shaming me for not taking my studies seriously. You were pompous, cold-hearted, with a too-good-for-you attitude that had me cracking my knuckles, thirsting for your blood.
      I'm kidding about that part.

I didn't ever expect that I would like you again, even more, after every fight and battle we've fought against each other. I just woke up one day and took a look at you, and my heart wouldn't stop falling. Maybe it's because you've got the prettiest eyes I've ever seen. Or I liked listening to you talk whenever a subject grabbed your interest. Or was it because of your habits to do gentleman-ly things, like hold the door and pull my chair? It could be because you walked with me everywhere and made me laugh, though most of the time, it was unwillingly.

I'm driveling.
My point is, I wasn't supposed to like you. This whole romance thing between us (or whatever it is--Zen says it's worthy of a Korean drama) wasn't supposed to happen. I don't know what you saw in me that made you so adamant on staying by my side. But for the rest of my life, I'll be happy knowing that I've "L" word a boy that fought harder than angels against demons to stay by my side, even if it was last minute.

I can't say the "L" word. I can't write that down. I'd have to say it in person and since that isn't happening....I Lord of the Rings you. No, that's too long. I Legolas you. Perfect!

I wish this wasn't happening, Logan. I wish that I could replay that night of the incident a thousand times and more. Where I would wake up, and you'd be right there, protecting me from any harm. But it can't happen. One day, you'll find someone else that you'll protect. And it won't be me.

It's time for me to say goodbye. And to let go. I wish you the best of luck that a Cimerian can come by. I'll pray to the dragons every night that you'll be safe. And I hope I won't ever see you again, because honestly, even if you move on, I'll still Legolas you.

With lots of Legolas,
Park Sparrow

P.S. Alec says you should be in love with him now because he's the one who convinced me to write this letter as a sort of goodbye gift. That and the gift basket he sent you. It has chocolate.

Logan couldn't see right. That was it? She lied to him, and all he got was a gift basket and a goodbye letter? She couldn't do that--he was still her bodyguard legally! The only way he could be removed was if one of them filed for a withdrawal letter.
A feeling of horror crept through him as another form fell out of the envelope. He gingerly unfolded the flaps. He knew what it was instantly. But his eyes scanned right to the bottom, where his consent, along with the princess', was signed. It was his signature, with no flaw whatsoever.

No. This couldn't be happening. Park couldn't have been cruel enough to do this to him. Did she not have the guts to tell this to his face?
No, this was just a joke. Logan brought the letter to his face again, rereading it with hurried eyes.

It's time for me to say goodbye.

But I don't want to say goodbye, Logan thought miserably. I don't want to let you go.

-----------------------------------------------

Heads up! *throws this sad chapter at you and laughs because I'm pretty sure you're all holding knives at the moment to go and destroy me*

First announcement--I'm sorry for such a long wait. I just didn't find the right way to wrap this story up. I mean, after all they've been through, this is going to be how it all ends.

PSYCH. Um, no, everyone, this is NOT the ending. To be honest, I'm gonna give this the max of FIFTEEN chapters left. MAXIMUM of FIFTEEN. That's around when the story's gotta end. THAT'S when you say goodbye to Logan, Park, and everyone else you've fallen in love with.

Some of you seem to be getting impatient with me. I'm sorry, I know this story seems to be dragging now. But I NEED Park to have a showdown with her enemy. I need events in the future that will wrap up the whole shebang.
And, since you're all unbelievably confused as to whether Park will end up with Logan or not, hahahahahahaha I'm not telling you.

Stay tuned for the next chapter. Unless you all hate me still and/or getting bored with the story. I won't hate you.
On another happier note, I just want to thank all my followers/readers for helping my story reach 1 Million. I honestly didn't think this story would make it so far, and it's made me incredibly happy (:

Have a wonderful summer, and I will see you next time!

P.S--the song on the right is in Korean, but I found one with Eng. subs. And it's a beautiful song--one of my favorites. As well as the drama it was in--City Hunter. I had so many feels for that drama I'm still not okay.

Fun fact: Park's name came from the actress Park Min Young--and all you Koreans who watched this drama would know that was Na Na!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 585 103
Aurora opens her eyes only to feel the agonising pain in her body. That is to be expected when there has been an accident. It's excruciatingly painfu...
40.4K 1.2K 26
Princess Aurora was kidnapped as a child and thrown into the brutal world of pirates and slavery. Many years later she is rescued by the handsome Pri...
81.5K 4.5K 52
Ice flooded my veins as the realization of who he was hit me. It must have been evident on my face because the man in front of me let out a dark laug...
19K 647 14
Princess Ariana has been in love with her best friend Coby since they were little children. The only problem is, he has always loved her as a sister...