A Map of His Songs [Edited]...

By EvangelineLanae

More

A Map of His Songs [Edited]- 1D Liam Payne
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 12

28 2 1
By EvangelineLanae

Chapter 12

The moment Mr Johnson dropped Cassie off at her home, she immediately went to the side table where her mail should be.

“Mum, I’m home!” She shouted while frantically searching through the mail. Finally she found it. She ripped it open as fast as she could without completely destroying the letter.

Dear Miss Cassie Williams,

I am happy to tell you that you got the internship. You were by far the most qualified and show not only knowledge of the fashion industry but also a passion that is hard to come by, I don’t even think I was that passionate about it at that age. Anyways, I’d like to have a casual meeting with you to personally give you the lay down of what’s to happen and how we do things. If you can meet me on Thursday around one for coffee, that’d be spectacular.

I hope to be hearing from you soon and look forward to working together.

Caroline Watson

Cassie screamed, making it hard for her mum to not come down and investigate.

“Cassie, what happened? I was in the bath.” Her mum said coming down the stairs in her towel.

“Mum, I got it! I actually got it! I can’t believe I actually got it! Ahhh!”  Cassie started jumping in circles while shrieking.

“That’s great and all Cass, anything else?” Her mum said impatiently. 

“She wants to meet me on Thursday! The Caroline Watson wants to meet me on Thursday!”

“That’s nice. Now it’s nice seeing you after the month, but I have to go. I love you darling and congratulations.” Her mum said before going back upstairs.

Cassie didn’t waste a second, she ran up to her room and called Lyla.

“Hello welcome to the amazing hotline.” She greeted.

“I got it!” Cassie shouted. “Lyla, I got it!”

“Oh my goodness, congratulations Cass.”

“Thanks, I am meeting her on Thursday.” Cassie explained.

“Brilliant, so I guess this will mean I won’t be seeing you for a while.” Lyla said sadly.

“Yea, but we knew this was happening, around the time I leave, you’ll be going to uni with Bradley. And I’ll be in London for a bit, meeting large sorts of famous people and designers.” Cassie started to day dream.

“So have you told Jesse yet?” Lyla asked.

“No, not yet, I literally found out five minutes before calling you. He is next though.”

“Well that’s good, I hope he takes it well.”

“Me too, well I bests be off, I’ve got lots to do.” Cassie said.

“Bye love, and congratulations again, I know you’re going to be fantastic.”

“Thanks.” Cassie said before hanging up.

Cassie unpacked her things and loaded the washer with her dirty clothes.  By the time she was done, her mum had started dinner. After dinner Cassie showered and went to bed, the exhaustion of the summer events have taken a toll on her.

The next day, Cassie decided she needed to tell Jesse so they organized to meet at his place at noon. When the time came, Cassie knocked on his door, Jesse opened it looking so happy. He immediately engulfed her in a hug. 

“Cass, you’re back!” He said.

“Hey Jess, how have you been?” Cassie said before pulling out of the hug.

“I’ve been better, but it’ll be fine now that you’re back.” He said grinning then pulled her into another hug. “:I’ve missed ya Cass.” He said into her ear. 

Cass did the same but her heart wasn’t in it, not when she was about to break the news to him.

“So do you want to just chill and watch a movie or do you want to go out somewhere?” He asked.

“Can we just stay here? Is your mum or dad here?”

“No, they went out to some luncheon with my dad’s boss.” They walked over to the lounge where all the movies were neatly organized on a bookshelf. “So what are you in the mood to watch?”  He asked looking through the bookshelf, movie-shelf. “My sister managed to leave a couple of her Disney films, but she took The Little Mermaid.” He said grinning at Cassie knowing that was her favourite Disney film. 

“If it was anyone else but Julie, I might have harmed them.” Cassie joked. “Where is she by the way?”

“She’s over at Lily’s for the weekend so of course she thought she needed everything of vital importance she considered every toy and favourite films vital.” He chuckled. “So we can settle for Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, or Toy Story.”

“How did she leave Toy Story?” 

“She says Sid freaks her out too much.” Jesse grinned and looked at Cassie knowingly. “Wonder where she got that idea from.”

Cassie grimaced. “Okay so that is partially my fault but in my defence when I told her I was like twelve and hadn’t seen the movie in a while but all I really remembered was Sid. The movie has strongly grown on me though in six years.”

Jesse laughed. “I still can’t believe you were better friends with my sister before me, we were in the same classes even.”

“I’m sorry but back then you just seemed so well dorky…” Cassie admitted.

“So Beauty and the Beast it is my fair lady?” Jesse joked.

“Sure thing kind sir.” Cassie replied playing along.

Cassie sang every song during the film and giggled at all the cute parts, she didn’t notice but Jesse was mostly staring at her during the movie. Not in a creepy way but admiring way, he truly loved Cassie and he was always scared she’d find someone better, more of a match for her. Despite their differences he managed to love her so much, he hoped it would be enough for years to come. 

When the film ended, Cassie looked at Jesse, like really looked at him: his dirty blonde hair that was a tad long and just touched past his eyebrows which lead to his stunning, warm brown eyes which she couldn’t resist.

“Jesse I have something to tell you.” She finally said.

“What is it?” He asked.

“I got a letter from Caroline Watson, I got the internship.”

“Really that’s fantastic!” He said enthusiastically. “I’m so proud of you Cass.” He said pulling her into a hug.

“Thanks! I’m really excited. I can’t believe I got it.”

“Oh you know that’s a lie, Cass. You haven’t been worried one bit, you’re the most qualified intern that knew about it.” He said smiling at her.

“Well, ok so that may be true.” She smiled. Jesse didn’t say anything instead he kissed her, short but showed his emotions. 

“So was that all you wanted to tell me?” He asked.

Cassie hesitated. “No, I have a meeting with her Thursday.”

“Oh well that’s cool. When do you actually start interning her?”

“No clue, but she said in the letter she’ll explain everything on Thursday.” Cassie explained.

“Well congrats babe.” 

Thursday

After hours of nerves attacking her, Cassie was finally ready and calm enough to see Caroline Watson. It was about time because it was now five before one and Cassie was right outside the coffee shop. Cassie walked in and ordered before sitting down at a small table near a window.

When the bell above the door went off again, Cassie stopped breathing. She was here. Caroline Watson walked in and ordered the coffee and looked around the shop before laying eyes on Cassie. Caroline walked, well it was more of a strut, over to Cassie.

“Hi, you’re Cassie Williams?” She asked holding out her hand to shake.

Cassie nodded and stood up then took her hand shaking it. “Yes and you’re Caroline Watson.”

“Yea I am. So how about we sit down and chat?” She asked. Cassie nodded and they both took a seat. “So how long have you been interested in fashion?”

“Well forever really, I’ve never even considered doing anything else. I’ve been into clothes as long as I can remember. My mum always says I was always more into clothes than other girls my age, I pretty much always independent on dressing myself.” Cassie said.

“Do you pay attention to labels or anything like that?” Caroline questioned.

“Oh heavens no. if I did my mum would be broke. I focus more on the quality a name can always be sewn in.” 

Caroline laughed. “I like your attitude, girl. Most other girls who applied thought knowing labels was a huge plus in the application. So wasn’t anyone can know Chanel, Gucci, Prada, and whatnots. But it is rare they pay attention to the fabric and how it’s put together.”

“Exactly, they think they know everything just based on the money their parents have. It seriously gets under my skin.” Cassie complained.

“Yea, as you can see I agree with you, which is one reason you got the internship. I am about to go on tour with one band I’m working with, but due to other clients I needed help. You would go on tour with the band as part of their crew with me. I will be leaving quite a lot around the middle of the tour which is where you come in. The band I’m currently working with are pretty down to earth and nothing like the other applicants. Another reason you got it, I know the members well enough to know they will get along fantastically with you.” Caroline explained.

“Well that’s fantastic! I was worried I’d be dealing with a whole bunch of snobs.” 

“Yet you still applied? That takes dedication girl.” Caroline laughed. “Are your parents okay with you going on tour starting in December?”

“I have talked with my mother about it and she is completely fine with it, I am of age and she respects my decisions.”

“You’ve got a good head on your shoulders Cassie, I’ll give you that.” Caroline chuckled. “Well you’ll be going through all of the UK, the states, Australia, and New Zealand with the band until it ends early July. Until the tour starts in December, I recommend you get a flat in London since that is where my office is and you’ll be coming there frequently. Is that a problem?”

“Not at all, I was considering doing that anyway just to be closer to the fashion scene.” Cassie replied.

“Well then that works out perfectly. So when you’re with me in London, we’ll be designing the overall look we want the band to have while on tour and order the pieces we want.” Caroline explained. Cassie nodded taking in every word Caroline was saying. “After that we will be doing all the necessary alterations and modifications while we are still in London. You following?”

Cassie nodded again. “But shouldn’t we have a time to get their measurements? I’m sure you already have them on file, but bodies can always change.”

“That’s absolutely right. Before we order the pieces, we’ll get the measurements. Thanks for reminding me.” Caroline wrote a note down in her planner before turning her attention back to Cassie. “Well then in December once we go on tour, we will be responsible for making sure the outfits are still in good condition as well as making sure the boys get dressed on time for concerts and get the correct outfit for the outfit change or during breaks.” Cassie took a deep breath, this was a lot to take in. “I know it is a lot to take in, but you’re a natural, I can just tell.” Caroline smiled.

“Thanks, I’m just worried I’ll screw up and ruin the show for them.”

“Hon, don’t sweat it. If something happens to screw up, either it’s barely noticeable or only we can tell, either way, it is not much of a big deal. Other than the fact that you feel awful.”

“Well, that’s reassuring.” Cassie said sarcastically.

“It probably isn’t but it was meant to state the fact.” Caroline said. Just as she said that her phone beeped. “Well that’s my cue, work calls. I’d like you in London no later than the start of September. The sooner you’re there, the better. But I imagine you’d like to pack everything and say your goodbyes.” Caroline stood up. “It was nice officially meeting you Cassie, and I look forward to working with you and seeing you soon.” Caroline lightly hugged Cassie then exited the coffee shop.

Cassie sat back down and put her hands on her head. ‘This was really happening. I really was given the chance to follow my dreams and make a big name for myself, something everyone has deemed impossible’ Cassie rushed out of the coffee shop and ran into the street and screamed out of joy, probably scaring every citizen walking by. Cassie apologized to everyone yet no one in particular before rushing home, ready to tell everyone she knew the news. This was such a surreal experience, yet it was her reality now. 

A/N: Well, it is finally here to all my readers that have kept up with the story. I hope you enjoy and please note I am pretty sure I'll be getting updates out faster after this. So yay! Please share this story to all your 1D dedicated friends and also please vote, comment or fan/follow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 6 28
192 2 1