Young Justice: The Mimic Cont...

By Kai-shiro

⛔ EDITING IN PROGRESS ⛔ "WHOO! I can't wait for more!! " - @Lizardgurl "Best story on wattpad by far!"... More

Showdown in Big Metropolis (Updated)
Interview With The Superman (Updated)
The Killing Question (Updated)
Welcome to Mount Justice! (Updated)
Talking Robots and Canaries
To Beat A Canary Bird (Updated)
Super(Man) SLAM!!
You Can Bank On Superman
The Vengeance of Kid Flash
The Anti-Climatic Amazon
Unofficial Membership
Training With the League (Updated)
A Mission With Artemis
A Mission With Artemis - Part II
A Mission With Artemis - Part III
Post- First Mission Drama
A Mission With Zatanna
A Mission With Zatanna - Part II
A Mission With Zatanna - Part III
Witch Boy Hunting
Teekl's Favour
Something To Be Seen
Savage's Mimic Contingency
Agamemnon Contingencies
Justice League Incarnate
Goodbye Desmond
SHAZAM!!
Eventual Betrayal
Gifts and Goodbyes - Part One
Gifts and Goodbyes - Part Two
Gifts and Goodbyes - Part Three
PART III - The Broken Robin
Phase Two
Clipped Wings
The Fall of the Hawks
Super-Rage!! (Updated)
Evil Will
Unite the Seven!!
Pilot Fish
Green Rage Monster!
Silence is Golden
Dethroned
Mercy For The Magician
The Magician's Tale
Abbe Faria
Date With Desmond
Dance With The Devil
The Magician's Tears (Updated)
Merciless Mind
Not Broken
Breakout
Everyone For Themselves
An Android, Archer and Angry Clone
Really Gone...
A Super Gamble
Back to the Bat Cave
Knightfall Protocol
Tranquilizer's, Illusions and Trickery
Disturbing Rumours and Fulfilling Romance
The Mimic Discovery
Omega
A True Mimic
Epilogue - Not For The Gods

One Hero Away...

1K 31 3
By Kai-shiro

METROPOLIS - November 12th

9:55PM

Superman had been beaten so badly by AMAZO, he could barely stand. Combine that fatigue with the Kryptonite rays coming from AMAZO, and he knew that it was a recipe for disaster.
He fell to the floor, his vision beginning to blur as he looked at the unconscious Flashes and Artemis.
"Is this the last thing I'll see..?" he asked himself. "My friends falling before me..?"
AMAZO marched over to him, it's mercilessness radiating colder than the metal it was made from.
"Goodbye, Man of Steel..." Ivo's voice laughed.
AMAZO lifted it's foot just above Superman's head.
Superman sighed with defeat and looked at the rest of the unconscious Team.
"Goodbye, guys..." he whispered.
Then, AMAZO's foot came down-

But there was no pain. No sensation of being killed.

Completely confused, Superman forced his eyes open and saw a sun-shaded silhouette standing above him, slowly crushing AMAZO's foot in his pale hand.
"Seriously Ivo?" the silhouette laughed. "You made this robot after ME?!"
Superman recognised that voice.
"DESMOND?!" he exclaimed.
But Desmond ignored him and tore AMAZO's left foot clean off before he spun around and kicked it into the air, the resulting collision of Desmond's foot sending shockwaves surging along the ground, kicking up debris and parked cars into the air.
Desmond looked back at Superman coldly.
"Do me a favour and stay here." he half asked, half ordered. "Let the bog boys duke this one out..."
Superman looked at him with a stunned, bloodied face.
"Thank you..." he said.
Desmond scoffed and smiled, walking over to where AMAZO landed.
"Don't thank me yet..."
And before another word could be spoken, Desmond launched himself into the air.

AMAZO laid in a pile of rubble, small bits of wiring sending small, blue sparks dancing along the rocks.
"AMAZO?!" Ivo snapped into the microphone. "What's the matter with you?! GET UP!!"
AMAZO slowly got to it's feet, but then fell back down.
"You infernal android!!" Ivo yelled. "GET UP!!!"
"Oh, come on Ivo..." a voice said below them.
AMAZO moved it's head forward and saw Desmond slowly rising over the edge of the building, his arms folded with a smug smile.
"You ought to treat your creations more nicely..." Desmond said. "Do you want to make poor AMAZO cry?"
"I'll deal with you in a minute..." Ivo's voice spat.
"With what?" Desmond scoffed. "You're robot had it's leg and wiring damaged. I'm not scientist, but I'm pretty sure that means AMAZO isn't going anywhere..."
Suddenly, AMAZO's hand lashed out, barely missing the side of Desmond's head.
"No cigar!" Desmond taunted it.
With a heavy whirring sound, AMAZO twirled onto it's side, kicking it's ruined legs up at Desmond, but completely missed him and gave Desmond the opportunity to grab it.
"You know, Ivo..." Desmond said with a blank expression. "I've been wondering...Does killing a robot modelled after me count as suicide..?"
Ivo's voice growled angrily. He didn't like being mocked.
"Food for thought. " Desmond shrugged.
But before Ivo could snap back, Desmond had already lifted AMAZO and thrown him over the edge of the building.
Just below them, Artemis and the Flashes began to stir. Artemis was barely conscious, but suddenly woke up when she saw AMAZO falling towards her.
Before she could cry out, Desmond suddenly appeared in front of her, his hand tearing through the Kryptonite reactor in it's chest.
"Sorry..." he said without looking at her. "Misjudged the distance..."
He punched AMAZO back into the air and flew up after it.
And when he did, he clapped his hands, only once.
But once was enough.
As soon as Desmond's palms met, a loud bang echoed throughout the whole block, surging through the air, sending cracks through the brick of buildings and smashing every glass pane, light and object in the district to nearly nothing.
The shockwave cleaved AMAZO clean in half, like AMAZO was hot butter.
It's torn fragments scattered along the sidewalk, raining small, smouldering fragments all over the Team, who had to cover their ears.
"How's that for a standing ovation?" Desmond laughed.
"Damn you!!" a voice yelled from behind him.

Desmond turned around in the air to see Ivo standing there, his wrinkled face contorted with rage as he reached into the side of his sweater.
He pulled out a small revolver and held it up at Desmond's chest.
"Oh come on..." Desmond scoffed. "You aren't seriously going to try that are you?"
Ivo yelled and pulled the trigger...
...But the bullet immediately bounced off of Desmond and hit Ivo in the arm, making him scream in pain.
"Well, that was a stupid idea now wasn't it?" Desmond said flatly.
Ivo fell to the floor with loud groans of pain as Desmond walked over to his dropped gun.
"Walk it off..?" Desmond said. "You'll get over it..."
He picked up the gun and emptied all but one of the rounds.
"No hard feelings, Ivo...Well, at least from me. Savage is pissed!"
He aimed the gun at the screaming scientist.
"See ya."

Desmond was about to pull the trigger, when suddenly, a large and angry figure leapt up over the building and threw his arms around Desmond, pointing the gun at the ground.
Superboy.
"Oh, you again..." Desmond said to him. "Isn't a giant, crushing bear-hug from behind a bit kinky?"
Before Superboy could reply, Desmond slammed his elbow into Superboy's ribs, making him grunt with pain.

"If I have to say 'I always kick your ass first' again, it's going to become a cliche..."
And when Superboy looked up, he saw a small, green powdered substance in his hand, one that made his body ache and sting.
Oh no.
Before Superboy could dodge, Desmond blew the dust into his face, making Superboy cough violently before staggering back-
-And falling over the ledge!
Superboy began to fall, but Flash quickly ran up the side of the building and caught him.
But when he brought him back down to the ground, the Kryptonite was already starting to take effect. Superboy's eyes were bloodshot and watering and he was bleeding out of his ears and nose, not to mention the fact he was coughing violently.
"Guys..." he said to the Team through his gasps. "I'm so sorry..."
Kid Flash ran to Superboy with a worried face.
"Calm down, man!" he said quickly. "It's OK! You need to save your strength!!"
Robin and Zatanna finally came out from the tunnels they were caught in, both of them rushing straight over to Superboy.
"Superboy," Robin said to him. "Put this around your mouth!"
He reached into the side of his utility belt and unfolded a small device with an oval shape in the middle of it. When Superboy put it into his mouth, his coughing began to stop.
"That will stop the Kryptonite from entering your system too quickly, but it won't stop it permanently! We need to get him back to the Cave and fast!"
Flash nodded.
"Don't worry Robin!" he said. "Fast is what I do best!"
But when he picked up Superboy, a loud bang went off from behind Flash.
A gunshot. Straight in the direction of Flash's spine.
Flash's legs immediately buckled under him as he screamed out in pain, dropping Superboy onto the ground. When he fell, they saw Desmond standing behind Flash, the barrel of Ivo's gun smoking.
"I don't think 'fast' is a word that suits you anymore..." Desmond said bluntly. "Or any KIND of lower body movement for that matter..."
Kid Flash's eyes went wide with horror. Desmond just shot him in the lower spine, which meant one thing...
"YOU BASTARD!!" Artemis screamed at him. "You've paralysed him!!!"
Desmond shrugged.
"Well, technically the bullet tearing through his spinal cord did that, not me..."
He laughed to himself as he put his hands into his pockets.
"But even better, do you all know what this means?"
He pointed at Superman.
"Superman is now the ONLY active member of the Justice League!! The Mimic Contingency is just ONE dead hero away from my plan being complete!!"
Everyone looked at Desmond with fear and horror as he smiled smugly.
"Why?!" Robin exclaimed. "Why do all this?!"
Desmond rolled his eyes.
"This again?" he asked. "Well, since you DID bring me back to life, I guess I could answer one question.."
He cleared his throat.
"Savage made the plan, I'm enacting it, but someone else who gave the green light..."
"Who?!" Robin snapped. "Tell us! He'll be dead when we get a hold of him!!"
Desmond smirked at him.
"You can't kill him if he's already dead..."
Robin looked at him with confusion.
"And Dick, you REALLY should be more careful with how you talk about your mentor..."
Robin's blood froze.
"You mean..?"
Desmond's smirk couldn't grow any wider.
"That's right...It was BATMAN!!"
Everyone looked at him in horror, especially Superman.
"That's impossible!" Superman yelled angrily. "Batman would never have done such a horrible thing!"
"Au Contraire, Man of Steel..." Desmond chuckled. "It was his wish that I complete the Mimic Contingency. Shame tat I had to tear a hole through his chest before he could see it come to fruition..."
Robin growled at him.
"You're lying!!"
"It doesn't matter what you think, Dick..." Desmond said to him. "I'm telling the truth."
But then he went quiet and opened up the barrel of the gun.
"Now if you could all just dump Superman there and let me complete my plan, that would be wonderf-"
But before he could finish his sentence, Superman roared with rage and slammed himself into Desmond, sending him flying down the street.
"GO!!!" Superman ordered the Team. "I'll hold him off!!!"
Robin nodded in agreement as he pressed a button on his gauntlet. Within a few seconds, the Bio-Ship appeared, it's howling engine filling the air.
But Flash looked at Superman with worry as Artemis and Kid Flash carried him to the Bio-Ship.
"But Clark!" he cried out. "He'll kill you!!!"
Superman shook his head and looked at him firmly.
"That's a risk I'm going to have to take, Barry..."
In the distance, the Team could hear Desmond getting up.
"GO!!!" Superman screamed at them. "Get out of here NOW!!!"
And with sad faces, the Team entered the Bio-Ship. It quickly turned invisible just as Flash reluctantly shut the doors, tears flooding down his face.

With a brave, but distraught and fearful face, Superman calmly walked to Desmond, like a man who had chosen to walk to his doom with dignity.
"You were the one who ordered me to be booted out of the Team, Superman..." Desmond spat. "How fitting that you are the last one to die..."
Superman said no words. He simply flew at Desmond with an angry yell, his bloody fist held aloft.

Batman was involved in creating Desmond's plan?!
The last act of the Dark Knight was one of betrayal?!
Flash has been paralysed?!
The Team is now helpless?!
The WHOLE Justice League has been defeated?!?!?!

The story is now back to where Chapter One started!! :D
With Desmond reigning triumphant over the Justice League, what will happen next?! :D

Find out in the next chapter! :D
 Be sure to vote and comment your feedback so far :D
What do YOU think will happen in the last few chapters before the fanfic's thrilling conclusion!? :D

I say this now, with complete assurance: YOU will NOT want to miss the next chapter...
ALL will be revealed...

- Kai-Shiro :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 5.7K 38
When The Day arrives for four young heroes, Stormwind, an unknown 13 year old superhero, wants nothing more than to find out how these heroes operat...
28.4K 1.8K 13
» Book 2 In The R Series « All is unicorns and gumdrops after the battle with Joker and Deathstroke! Dick has given up the hacking life and in turn r...
859K 13.4K 108
Hey Guys! So this is a Young Justice one shot book. It also features the bat boys and other members of the DC universe. I'm open to requests! It can...
185K 10K 33
First fanfiction that I ever written so sorry if it absolutely sucks!please tell me what you think and please vote if you like it :) What if Bruce W...