<3 Love is for Idiots.</3

By SignThroughTheStereo

This is not going to be the same mushy, gushy, love story everyone is expecting. Like the title explains, lov... More

<3 Love is for Idiots.</3
Chapter One. The Beginning.
Chapter 2. Roomies?!
Chapter 3. Negotiations and Shopping.
Chapter 5- Hello Mama.
Chapter 6- Home Sweet Home.
Chapter 7- Practice Makes Perfect.

Chapter 4- The First Encounter.

12 1 0
By SignThroughTheStereo

*Embree's POV*

After the LONGEST shopping trip of my life through the numerous floors of IKEA, we made it home in one piece as went right to my room and dropped everything on the floor, except the bed and the dresser and bedside table, her Mini-Cooper couldn't even try to hold the woods for that stuff, so with Nic's weird, "charm" she called me, but I saw her sneakily slide the guy a $30.00, a guy there with a huge red neck truck followed us to the complex, but not to her's, we went a few apt's down, and dropped the stuff there. Now we just had to drag it all back to her actual apartment and up the stairs to our place.

I came out of the apartment with her keys in my hand and took the flight of stairs down to meet her, already ahead of me, wrapping her hair in long pig tails to load up the boards. I caught up with her and we each grabbed an end of the bed woods, and came back up and down the stairs from the apartment numerous times before finally finishing, my shirt doused in sweat, Nic's face just barely at a sweat, what the hell was that?! I plopped on the kitchen's cool tile floor and Nic followed, opening the fridge and taking out two water bottles and threw one down to me. "Thanks." I breathed and she sank to the floor next to me.

"Sure thing, it's the least I could do for my boyfriend." Se smiled jokingly and I rubbed the sweat from my face. God that was weird to hear her say.

"So,about that.. When are we going to start asking each other questions about one another? Shouldn't you know something about me to tell your parents before we go in there blind?" I looked over at her and she was deep in thought.

"I guess you're right, but I already know a little about you, you're Australian, you have no family or friends here, you have no money or house, and you have OCD. Am I right so far?" She looked down at me and I sighed, this was going to take awhile.

"Partially, but I don't think you should tell your parents that I'm free loading, lonely bum. Not something, even if I'm just a fake boyfriend, that you should tell them." I gave her a , 'seriously?' Look and she nodded to herself.

"Makes sense I guess. So then, what do you want me to tell them? I have month to hear all about you." She smiled wide and I gulped down some water.

"I don't know, I'm a musician, I sing and play guitar, my parents are still together and I'm an only child. I HATE birds and I'm allergic to Mayo." Nic sputtered a chuckle and i shot her another glare. "What now?"

"You're allergic to Mayo? Of all things?" I nodded stiffly and she shrugged. "Ok then, continue."

"I love the beach, but I can't surf.." Nic cut me off.

"Wait, your from Australia but you can't surf?"

"No, I can't surf." I remarked coldly and she shut up. "Sorry to burst your little stereotypical Australian bubble there darlin,' but not all of us surf." I smirked and she picked her jaw up off the floor. "But I can draw and make a mean Red Velvet cake." I announced proudly and sat up on the floor. "Now what about you?"

Nic tapped her Indra finger on her dimple and thought for a few minutes. "Wait, why do you need to know anything about me?" I sighed and shook my head at her.

"It'll make our story more convincible."

"Ooh, gotcha." She went back to thinking and then snapped her fingers, finally coming up with something. "I have one sibling, my family's pretty close with each other but I've always kind of been the black sheep. I can't cook everything, but I'm pretty damn good." I cut her off, it was my turn to be a smart ass.

"Wait, you're an American woman and you can't cook?" I asked sarcastically and she shot me a glare this time.

"Ha, ha, asshole." She stuck her tongue out at me and I caught it with my finger, laughing at her face of shock, not expecting that at all. I let go though and she crossed her arms over her chest again when she spoke back up. "I love cupcakes and I like art, drawing, pottery, all of it, whatever you can think of that's artistic, I can do it." She piped up proudly. I smiled and she smiled back. "I like music, so it's good you can play. My mom will love that too, anything to show off, she'll enjoy." Nic's phone started ringing, Hey, you're a crazy bitch, but you fuck so good I'm on top of it when I dream.. Her smile dropped and she reached up on the counter, tapping around with he hand till she found her phone and looked at it. "My mothers calling." She groaned and looked at me like she was asking if she should answer it. I nodded and she put her on speaker.

"Hey darling! I was just out shopping with my friend Martha, and she had to leave to tend to some family things and I realized when I was coming home that I'm in your area and I was thinking you and I could maybe get lunch and catch up before the dinner!" She sounded very perky, and yet it reminded me kind of Nic this morning.

Nic moved the phone from her face and formed a fun with her fingers as pretended to shoot herself in the face. "Kill me." She mouthed and I chuckled. Her mom must have some super fuckin' sonic hearing because she piped back up.

"Is there a boy there?" She sounded in awe. Nic covered my mouth with her hand and sighed.

"Yes mother, it's my boyfriend that I was telling you about." She tried sounding happy.

"Oh now you HAVE to come to lunch with me! Bring him! I'm dying to meet this mystery man young lady!" Nic sighed and I raised my eyebrows at her, wondering if ah was, indeed, going to take me.

"Fine, where are we meeting you? We might need to shower and change though, we're moving things in the house." Her mom squealed happily and they hung up. Nic growled at me and I stood up, helping her up with me. "You couldn't just stay quiet for a little longer?? Jesus Em!" She groaned as walked past me to her room, slamming the door to change. I shook my head at her and went to the bathroom to shower.

.......//....//...... 

*Nic's POV*

Stupid Em.. Can't keep quiet for a God damn minute! I never wanted to see my mom at the dinner, and now I have to see her at lunch. I bet she's going to criticize my hair again.. Last time I saw her, it was bright pink and she said I looked like a marshmallow Peep. I can't even imagine what she'll think of my "boyfriend." God help us..

After I laid out a nice 'perky mother approves' outfit, I walked out to make sure that Embree was out of the shower before I walked into the bathroom. It was awkward enough to see him in a towel, I don't think I want to see him naked.. I walked over to his room and knocked lightly. "Em?" I called. The door opened and he looked at me.

"Yeah?" He asked. I smiled softly.

"Just making sure you're out of the shower." I turned to walk away.

"Hey Nic?" He called. I turned back. "Does this look okay?" He asked, gesturing to his outfit. I looked at his clothes. A tight, muscle-y white v-neck showing off his lovely muscles, leather pants, and he carried a matching leather jacket in his hands. I smiled and nodded.

"Perfect!" I sang and walked to the bathroom.

I turned on the music on my phone and sat it on the bathroom counter and climbed into the shower and let the warm water I gulf me while I sang along to, "Part of your World" by, The Little Mermaid. I used the wonderful, color-holding shampoo. I scrubbed the soap into my scalp and rinsed it out. I shaved m legs and armpits and then washed my body.

When I was done, I got out, dried off, blow- dried my hair, straightened it, and styles it so that my bangs were pulled back nicely and held in place with a bobby pin. I put a light pink beanie on and walked out in my towel to get dressed.

I walked into my room and shut the door. I glared down at my outfit and pulled on my strapless, skin colored bra and yellow underwear, I reached down and pulled on the monstrosity that was my outfit. I slid on white sandals and walked out. "Ready?" I called to Embree.

((Alright! So what do you guys think so far? We're interested in comments and advice!:) lets us know. Comment, vote, follow and we'll be sure to return the favor!))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 167 80
Natilee. That's me. I'm 17 and as much as id like to say I'm normal, I'm probably not. I'm like every other 17-18 year old, except I don't smoke po...
1.6K 53 39
"I don't know what kind of girl you think I am Greg" I mumbled. I was not the kind of girl who slept with guys on a whim. I wanted him, but not enoug...
Mila By ~Lala~

Werewolf

31.4K 1.5K 41
Mila Silva turned 18 years old a year ago and works in the kitchen with her mom at the packhouse and when Mila at school her mom works at a Diner tha...
1.1M 35.6K 25
I let out another silent whimper as I curled up tighter into myself. When will he stop this time? I already gave up wishing that he would finally kil...