Strike Team Demigod [Percy Ja...

By straightouttaarrows

------------------------BOOK 2 IN THE DEMIGOD AVENGER SERIES------------------------ (if you haven't read the... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1 - Training, Threatening and Five Minutes Before Capture the Flag
Chapter 3 - You look awfully healthy for someone who's supposed to be dead
Chapter 4 - Why are there two of you?!?!?!
Chapter 5 - We've kept an eye on you two. (That's not creepy or anything)
Chapter 6 - From SHIELD to STARK Towers
Chapter 7 - Dreams of the Past
A/N: PLZ READ!!
SNEAK PEEK: Life in Avengers Tower
Chapter 8 - Other Segal and The Barton Household
➳➳➳ Lock Screen Tag ➳➳➳
Chapter 9 - Snowball fights interrupted by a certain Director of Fury
Chapter 10 - From a farmhouse.....to another farmhouse.
Chapter 11 - Anxiety and Fire people who want to kill us..........lovely
Chapter 12 - Do you want me to keep eating it?
<<---- Handwriting Tag ---->>
Chapter 13 - Interrogated by an Insane Individual
Chapter 14 - The Real Mandarin
➸➸A-Z Tag and Shoutout!!➸➸
Chapter 15 -It's Recruiting Time Again
Chapter 16 - The Big Fight...and I get a new glove
Chapter 17 - Breaking in the Recruits and The Potato Gun Mark II
FOR GODS SAKES STEVE DOESN'T LIKE THAT KIND OF TALK!!!
Chapter 18 - Blizzard and Last Minute Changes
Chapter 19 - You call that running? (PLUS A LITTLE CW RANT: NO SPOLIERS)
Chapter 20 - Well, this is awkward
Chapter 21 - Netflix and.....yeah, that's really about it
Chapter 22 - Taking a Trip Down His Memory Lane
MARVEL FANFIC AWARDS
Chapter 23 - You Again....
Isn't a chapter but still important **PLEASE READ**
Chapter 24 - Have you ever been on the run before?!
Chapter 25 - She only acts like she knows everything
Chapter 26 - "Specimen"
Chapter 27 - I Jinxed It......Whoops
Chapter 28 - I don't remember giving any of you an address + SNEAK PEEK
Chapter 29 - Uhh...I know who the hell Bucky is??? But I don't think that helps
Chapter 30 - Fitz indirectly saves our lives
Chapter 31 - Can't kill you if you're already dead
Chapter 32 - My Dad...isn't who I thought he was
A/N: 16k & 500 votes!!!! + Q/A maybe???
Chapter 33 - "We're okay,"
Epilogue
NEXT BOOK IS POSTED!!

Chapter 2 - Capture the Flag Part II and Fury's Interuption

1.4K 47 9
By straightouttaarrows

Connor POV:

I crouch in the woods, hidden from the brush around me. Capture the Flag started about fifteen minutes ago and I'm stationed at the edge of our territory, my sword and shield at the ready waiting for Lexi's signal. Once she comes here the plan is to sneak to the opposing team's side and grab the flag, while the rest of the team defends and puts on a show. Turns out, Percy and Annabeth are good at that.

"Keep monolouging like that and the red team is going to know our entire plan." Someone whispers behind me. I turn around to see Lexi crawling over to me with a smirk, her mask and hood on, and quiver strapped onto her back. I look at her confused as she gives me a slight peck on the cheek, making me smile.

"You were talking out loud again." She explains flipping up my hood and pulling my mask on.

"Ew love, get away from me." A voice says behind Lexi.

"Tressa! Be nice!" Another voice says.

"Really?" I groan at Lexi. "The twins?"

Lexi gives me a look. "Come on, Annabeth thought they might be useful and they are some of my closest friends here!" I groan again and look back toward the twins.

"Nice to see you too Shield Boy." Tressa sasses me before turning back to her sister. "Okay Olivia , but just because they love each other doesn't mean they have to go shoving in front of everyone's face. Yeah, sure! They might be everyone's OTP besides Percabeth but news flash! You need to learn to get a room!"

"Tressa, they are people, they can do what they want. Besides, whenever something like that happens, everyone just ships them harder." Olivia counters.

Lexi rolls her eyes at the sisters. "Tressa! Olivia! Zip it right now."

Tressa ignores Lexi and continues to ramble on about ships again so Olivia groans and slaps her hand over Tressa's mouth.

One of the patrolling Ares kids looks over at our direction as we crouch in the bushes but after a tense second walks away.

Tressa swipes Olivia's hand away and Olivia gives her a seriously look. "See this is why I don't trust you."

They continue to go back and forth until an idea pops in my head. I look over at Lexi who has her bow drawn and is peering across the creek.

"Lexi! I got a plan!" I whisper-yell to her.

"Really that's a first." Tressa says.

"Oh shut up. I need you and Olivia to go over there and distract the other team. Fangirl, create a diversion, use your Hermes skills to steal something, whatever. Just keep them off of us."

"Why us?" Tressa asks. Lexi coughs into her arm, **cough** "biggest fangirls in camp" **cough**.

"Oooooh I get you. Put how am I supposed to get all worked up to distract them enough." Tressa asks.

Lexi and Olivia share and evil look and whisper something in Tressa's ear. Her eyes goes wide and she grabs Olivia's hand and storms to the other team, making a ton of noise that draw the team's attention away from us.

"What did you whisper in her ear?" I ask as we quietly work our way to the other team's side.

"Cliffhangers. Nasty cliffhangers. Then the TV show was canceled." Lexi whispers dramatically as we climb toward the red team's flag. I chuckle softly and sneak up to the two guards by the flag. I hear Tressa and Olivia's voices that and end up drawing the guards away and leaving the flag in the open. Well that was easy.

"Shush!" Lexi says as she grabs the flag. "Someone is going to hear us!"

"I was talking out loud again, wasn't I?"

"Pretty much. So the scenic or exciting route?" She asks, playing with the flag in her hands.

"Definitely exciting."

She smiles and sprints noisily into the woods, alerting the surround red team that we were hear. However after a while of running, the red team starts to gain on us. I think Lexi notices because as she runs, she forms an ice path in front of her and jumps right in it, speeding off past the demigods. Taking a deep breath i follow her down the path, almost ice skating past everyone. Trees and forest whiz by and behind me the path melts, making sure no one can follow us. Everything's going pretty good, until the ice path ends right before the creek that divides the two teams. And I face plant in the dirt. My luck.

Lexi pulls me up and laughs, her hood and mask down. We both grab part of the flag and shove it in the air. Chiron calls out, "THE BLUE TEAM WINS!" and everyone goes crazy. Percy puts Lexi on his shoulders and we race of to camp together. Annabeth leads the rest of us back to our cabins and we wash up for dinner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lexi POV

That was incredible! I haven't had this much fun since SHIELD training!

Percy carries me back to our cabin and throws me on my bed laughing. "Dang Lexi, you are a lot heavier than I remember."

I laugh harder, "Gee thanks Seaweed brain." We continue to tease each other until a faint buzzing interrupts our laughter. Confused I walk over to my phone and take a look. Director Fury. Hmm..strange.

"Percy go take a shower before dinner, I'm gonna take this." I advise. He nods and pokes me in the side, getting a resulting squeal from me.

I calm myself down and answer the call. "Hello?"

"Enjoying your little break Carson?" Fury's voice says.

"Oh wow, you actually wanted to check on us Director Fury?" I say into my phone smirking. "That's a first."

"You two are the most powerful SHIELD agents we have, I have to check on you. Believe me it's not like I want to." He responds.

"Why thank you." I respond flatly. "And don't let Romanoff hear you say that. There is a reason you are calling me right?"

"Unfortunately. Something has come up for the two of you."

"Are they missions sir?" I question, walking out to the cabin's little balcony that has a view of the entire sound.

"Somewhat. You have some missions lined up. Connor has a project that requires his skill level. He's going to be working with some of SHIELD's top minds and was specifically recruited by Alexander Pierce."

"What's his project?"

"That's classified."

"Isn't everything?"

Silence on Fury's end. "Ok fine." I say. "When do you need us in."

"You have more two days to wrap up there. Then you can come in. Be back to New York by Monday."

"What! And if we say no?" I ask, surprised by our deadline.

"You don't." Fury responds and hangs up. I sigh, dismayed and tempted to chuck my stupid phone into the sound. However I suppress the urge and climb onto the railing and sit atop it, swing my feet in the summer-soon-to-be-fall breeze. Part of me wants to stay back in Camp and pretend SHIELD didn't exist. But the other part of me knows that's wrong and selfish. The world depends on SHIELD and the Avengers. I can't stop just because I need a break. Plus I think after a while, I would probably get bored and want to go back as well. Which is saying something since Camp never used to be boring.

Then out of no where, muscular arms wrap around me and the familiar smell of sweat, metal and books wafts through the air. I lean back into him, closing my eyes.

"You alright Lex?" Connor says, staring out into oblivion, rubbing circles on my hands.

"SHIELD needs us in by Monday." I groan

"What? I thought he wanted us by Friday? And I thought we were moving in to Stark Towers the week after." He responds surprised.

"Well apparently this takes precedence. Aegis, when did our lives get so complicated?" I say, looking up at him.

"Well, Silver Arrow, they did when we accepted Fury's offer." He responds, a smirk playing at his lips. "Plus, we are demigods, when is our lives not complicated?"

"Oh shut up, that was rhetorical." I weakly laugh.

"Lexi, look at me." He says and I gaze up into his stormy gray eyes. "Our lives are probably going to get really messed up, I've got this feeling about that.Then again are Avengers after all. But no matter what happens, we're good. I promise I'll try and be there for you when I can if I'm not working and Fury isn't actually breathing down our necks.I love you. And I realize this might be an empty promise but-" I smile cup his face with my hands and kiss him, successfully interrupting him. I pull away and get lost in his eyes. "I love you too." He smiles and moves forward kissing me lightly. I kiss back, slowly, savoring each moment. We're SHIELD agents after all. We don't know if we'll make it to the next day so we savor what we have while we still have it. One of the perks of being an Avenger I guess. Got to live life to the fullest. We pull away to a cough and turn over to the source, shocked.

"Ahem, can I not go in the bathroom and walk out to this," Percy jokes, gesturing at the two of us wrapped in each other.

"Look who's talking, who's to say that Percabeth doesn't have the same issue either." I tease him, relaxing back into Connor again, who makes a very comfortable cushion.

"Haha. What was the phone call for?" He asks.

Connor and I look at each other and then back at Percy. "It's classified." We say at the exact same time.

He smiles, "You know what? Forget I asked."

"But, we are going to have to leave on Monday morning." I say.

"What! But its Saturday?! I thought you had more days than that here?" Percy exclaims.

"We did, " Connor says.

"Until our Director decided to cut our visit short." I finish.

"Well that sounds like fun." Percy says.

"Oh yeah its a joy. But don't tell anyone we are leaving Perce." I ask, looking around to make sure no one is listening.

"What? Why?"

"Because these are orders directly from Fury. No one should know about them. The only person you should tell is Chiron." Connor says. "I know the secrecy stinks but there's nothing we can do about that."

"Well in that case," Percy says. "Lets make the most of tomorrow while we still can."

Hey hey! Nerdy_Girl here!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for the late update. I got really behind on my homework and I just had to take a week to work on all of that. Really sorry guys, will try not to do that again.

So vote, comment if you liked this part and follow me if you haven't already!

I'll see you guys next week!

Stay Nerdy,

Nerdy_Girl :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 43 20
(SPOILER WARNING- SPOILERS FOR ALL OF THE MARVEL MOVIES LEADING UP TO CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. SPOILERS FOR ALL BOOKS BEFORE THIS ONE IN THE TRIO...
155K 6.4K 38
Everything changes in the blink of an eye. One minute I'm having the time of my life with a new family, and the next, I am six feet deep hollow of em...
10.3K 178 52
Elisabeth, Libby, Rogers, though being younger, always took it upon herself to look after her often sickly elder brother. A fight in an alley brings...
38.3K 1.5K 25
❤︎✧Clintasha romance novel✧❤︎ Book 1 (Completed) Teenage years + Romanogers and Buckynat moments ( I'm just borrowing the characters from Marvel and...