Canter Cove: Start Again

By proteus912

More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 3

33 2 0
By proteus912

Ally knew that something was going on between her brother and his wife, Jade.

Cody and Jade Davidson had been arguing like there was no tomorrow, and they had only recently made up.

But, only weeks after their arguments, they were all lovey dovey again and Ally really wanted to know what was going on.

She knew that Cody would have said that nothing was going on and that was because Ally knew her big brother. He didn't tell her the real reason why he and Jade had argued so badly a few weeks ago, and Ally didn't have a clue what was going on.

But she knew one thing for sure.

Cody and Jade had well and truly made up and they were completely in love again.

Ally knew another thing as well.

Jade's fashion sense had changed since the arguing. She had now been wearing more flowy tops and baggy jumpers when usually, she would have worn more fitted clothes that flattered her figure.

It was strange to see her in the clothes she was wearing now, and Ally couldn't figure out why her fashion sense had changed to drastically.

Ally put that out of her mind, though, as she got out of bed to make herself some breakfast. Mondays were never a good day for her, and she always hated having to go to school.

Ally said good morning to her two cats; a tricolour named Stella, and a ginger at named Tiger. Ally adored her cats, as did Jade, but Cody hated them. He said they were pricks and he just hated them in general. So he hated Stella and Tiger and he didn't like them being around all the time.

"Come on, buddy," Ally heard her brother say when she sat at the table for her breakfast. She then stood up with her toast and made her way to the small hallway that led to her room, and also Cody and Jade's room. She then smiled when she saw Mason trying to crawl again, and he was getting a little better. But he still cried with frustration and it was quite cute.

"Don't you think it is mean to let him get so frustrated?" asked Ally when she stood next to her brother.

"Maybe," replied Cody, "but it is the only way for him to learn, and if I pick him up, he will just give up."

"But look at his face; he's crying," said Ally as she put her toast in her mouth and when to pick up Mason.

Cody then stuck his finger down the back of Ally's pyjama shirt, just below her neck, and pulled her back, "not so fast, bubba," he said, "let him learn."

"You are such a mean dad."

"Don't I know it."

Ally then slumped back down on the table while Cody kept encouraging Mason to crawl. Ally watched as he picked himself up again and tried with determination to crawl over to his father who had now crouched down, asking him to come. Mason crawled a couple of steps before he commando crawled the rest of the day to Cody. He then stuck his head between his hands once more, announcing to Cody in body language that he couldn't do it.

"Good boy, mate," said Cody as he picked his son up and place him in the highchair. He then opened some baby food and handed it to Ally so she could have fed Mason.

Ally took the baby food, seeing as she had finished her own breakfast, and she started to feed Mason. So, she opened the baby food and stuck the spoon in, getting a spoonful of mashed up apple.

"Ewww!" she exclaimed.

"What?" asked Cody.

"Is it supposed to look like poo?"

Cody snorted.

"What?" asked Ally.

"Poo? Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"Well, maybe it looks like poo, but it is edible poo, so make sure he eats it."

Ally nodded and then she attempted to give the spoonful of mashed up apple/poo to Mason, and he decided to have a little bit of fun and muck around. He didn't open his mouth and he fussed around a bit as Ally tried to feed him the food.

Ally then looked at her brother, "he doesn't like it."

"Well," replied Cody, "you did call it poo in front of him."

"So?"

"So, he is learning words."

Ally groaned.

"Show him that it is good," said Cody.

"How?" asked Ally.

"Eat some."

"That's disgusting."

"The sacrifices we have to make."

Ally groaned, and then she took a spoonful of the disgusting food.

"There, Mason," she struggled, "nice."

That was disgusting.

Ally gagged.

Ally then dipped the spoon in once more, and she tried to feed Mason again. But Mason still fussed around, and he even pushed the spoon away with his hand.

"Cody," Ally whined at her brother, "he won't do it."

Cody then walked over and he placed his coffee on the table before he took the spoon from Ally with the food on it.

"Here, buddy," he said, "it's good."

Mason looked away from his father.

"Mason," said Cody, "look at me."

Mason didn't make eye contact with his father.

Cody then tickled Mason on the cheek, "look at me, mate."

Mason giggled as he was tickled and he finally looked at his father. So Cody tried to fee him some food, but he still didn't take it.

And then Cody did something that happened.

He made his eyes wide as though he was excited, and he pointed to the roof, "ooh, look!"

Mason fell for the little trick as he looked up to the door, and his mouth dropped open. Then Cody was able to stick the food in his mouth, and Mason swallowed it, looking satisfied.

"Not so bad, hey, buddy?" said Cody.

Cody then dipped the spoon in the food once more and then offered it to Mason. Mason took it with no hesitation and, pretty soon, the whole serving of baby food was finished, and Mason's belly was full as he was placed in the lounge room to play with his toys.

"Not so hard, was it, Ally?" Cody smirked at his little sister.

"You're hid dad, so you know what to do," replied Ally.

"And you have watched me do it all the time. You should know what to do."

"Well, I don't."

"Well, you do now."

Ally groaned, and then she went to her room to go and get dressed for the day. She looked in Cody and Jade's room and she saw that Jade was seated on the end of her bed, slightly hunched over, and clutching her stomach at the same time. Ally was worried, so she knocked on the door and when Jade noticed that someone was there, she quickly straightened herself up.

"Are you alright?" asked Ally.

Jade nodded with a smile (that was clearly forced) as she stood up. She looked as though it hurt her a bit, and Ally wondered what was wrong.

"I am fine, Ally," said Jade.

"Are you sure?" asked Ally.

"Yes, I am."

"Well, can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"Why are you wearing that?"

Jade looked herself up and down as she looked at her nightie, "what's wrong with this?"

"Well, I know you only wear it when, you know, have sex with Cody," replied Ally.

"Then put two and two together, bubba," said Cody as he shoved past his sister at the door.

"Every night?" Ally's jaw dropped to the floor, "practically since you made up?"

Cody crossed his arms over his chest and smirked at Ally, "and here I thought we were being discrete about it."

"Ewww! That's disgusting."

"It is, but it is good. Now, go and get dressed."

Not wanting to hear anymore of that, Ally then headed to her room to get dressed. She was now running a little late. All the feeding of Mason and talking with Jade of what could have been wrong held her up a bit, so she needed to hurry up if she wouldn't be late for school and Cody wouldn't be late for work.

...

When Ally was dressed, she brushed her teeth and hair before she headed out of her room with her school bag. She walked past Cody and Jade's room and she saw Jade bend over a bit as she held her stomach again.

"Are you alright, babe?" asked Cody as he placed his hands on his wife's shoulders and looked her in the eye.

Jade took a few breaths before she straightened herself up, "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

Ally wondered why there was so much concern in her brother's voice right now.

Jade nodded, "completely," she insisted, "let's go, otherwise we will both be late for work, and Ally will be late for school."

Cody nodded and Ally noticed he kept an eye on Jade as she went to collect Mason, seeing as she was the one taking him to day care. And even Ally kept an eye on Jade and she followed both her and Cody out to the cars.

As Cody drove Ally to school, he looked at his little sister.

"I am not going to be able to pick you up tonight," he said.

"Why?" asked Ally.

"I am working until five tonight, and your lesson has been cancelled, remember?"

Ally wasn't happy that Cody had to cancel his lesson tonight seeing as he had to go into the city to look at a horse with his Uncle Ryan. He wouldn't have been back in time for the lesson so it had been scheduled again and Ally couldn't help but noticed her lessons had been rescheduled a lot lately.

And it was just annoying.

"Yes, I remember," said Ally, "so I will just walk home."

"You can call Jade if you want," replied Cody.

Ally felt bad for Jade and she didn't want to have to ask her to pick her up.

"No," Ally insisted, "it's fine. I will walk."

Ally then got out of the car when she arrived at school and she hoped that the day would have been a quick one. Ally just wanted to speak to her friends about what was going on so when she went to her first class of the day, French, she kept looking at the time every five minutes until the bell rang.

And at the end of class, the bell finally rang and the girls went their separate ways to go and get their recess food. They all then met up with one another once they had their food and they went to find a place to sit. They decided to sit on the tables by the year ten portables and when they were seated, it was time for Ally to talk.

"Something is going on with Cody and Jade," said Ally.

"I thought they were over the arguing," replied Ella.

"Yes, they are, but there is something more."

"Like what?"

"Well, Jade's fashion sense has changed."

"To what?"

"She's wearing flowy clothes."

"What else?"

"Cody and Jade have been very lovey dovey since they made up."

"Well, the answer is easy, and I am surprised you haven't worked it out," said Ella.

"What is it?" asked Ally.

"Jade must be pregnant again. It is obvious."

"Why?"

"She's wearing flowy clothes; she and Cody love each other so much all of a sudden. It is obvious."

"They would have told me. They told me when they found out about Mason."

Ally listened to what Ella said, but she couldn't believe it. She was sure that Cody and Jade would have told her sooner. They would have told her as soon as they found out if they were having another baby or not. She knew that her brother and Jade would never have done something like that, so she didn't want to believe Ella right now.

...

At the end of the day, Ally collected her things, went to homeroom and then walked home like her brother asked her to. It wouldn't have taken her long to walk home from school and seeing as she decided to speed walk, she would have gotten home quicker. So, she knew it would have only taken her about fifteen or twenty minutes to get home which wouldn't have been too bad.

So, Ally said goodbye to her friends and then she sped walked home, making it to the lifts in record time. She made her way up to level thirteen and went to her room to get changed, and then do her homework for the night. But the apartment was strangely quiet when she got home, and it was strange because Mason should have been making a nuisance of himself and Jade should have been with him.

Ally made her way to Cody and Jade's room to see if Jade was home, but when she looked in, she couldn't see her. She then walked through the walk-in wardrobe that led to the ensuite and she saw Jade sitting on the floor with her legs pressed tight against her body, her arms keeping them in place.

And poor Jade looked as though she was in so much pain, and Ally had never seen her cry the way she was now.

"Jade?" said Ally as she bent down to Jade's level, worried, "what's wrong?"

Jade looked up at Ally with a tear streaked face, "you have to call Cody," she said.

"Why? What's going on?"

Ally was so worried about Jade.

"Please, Ally," said Jade, "call Cody."

Ally nodded and said nothing more as she pulled her mobile out to call Cody for Jade.

And he soon answered.

"Hey, Ally," he said, "what's up?"

"It's Jade," replied Ally, worriedly, "something is wrong."

"What do you mean?"

"She's crying and hunched over in the bathroom. I think she is in pain."

And that was when Ally heard Cody drop the F bomb on the other end of the phone. Now she really wanted to know what was wrong.

"I'm coming," said Cody.

"What's going on?" replied Ally, "where are you?"

"I'm at the ranch. I'll be home in ten minutes. Just stay with Jade for me."

Ally the looked at Jade, and she asked her to ask Cody if he would pick up Mason, and he said he would. Ally then put her phone away and she wished that she knew what was wrong with Jade. She wished that Cody would have hurried up and gotten home as well because she was really worried.

It was not good at all.

...

"Jade!" Cody's voice boomed through the apartment.

Ally got up from the bathroom and went and got Cody. He said he had left Mason with Cleo, who lived on the top floor of the apartment block, and Ally knew that all he wanted to do was be with his wife right now. He probably didn't want to have to worry about Mason, either, when it was clear that Jade had to be worried about.

"Jesus Christ, Jade," said Cody as he raced to his wife's side, letting out a string of swear words as he did.

"You have to get me to the hospital, Cody," replied Jade.

"I know."

Cody then picked up Jade bridal style and Ally was so shocked when she saw the blood on the floor, and some also on Jade's clothes.

"C...Cody...what's...what's wrong with her?" Ally stuttered.

"She's pregnant, Ally, and I think she's losing the baby," replied Cody.

"W...what? When did this happen?"

"Later, Ally. We have to go."

Ally said nothing more as she followed her brother and Jade out the door with a shocked look on her face.

How did she not know that Cody and Jade were going to have another baby?

How did she not know that they were even trying for one?

And why didn't Cody think about telling his little sister?

Ally expected to have all of those questions answered.

And they would have been answered tonight.

But now it all came to Ally.

It was just like her friends said.

Jade had worn all those flowy clothes to hide that she was pregnant. And because it was her second pregnancy, she would have shown earlier, so being however far along she was, she must have wanted to hide it.

And even though she was ashamed to admit it, Ally was a little mad right now. It would have been nice for Cody and Jade to not keep this from her, and clearly, she was wrong. They had kept it from her. Ally was a part of the family as well, so she figured that she had ever right to know what was going on.

She hated the fact that it had been kept a secret from her.

...

Cody took Jade to the hospital as Ally sat in the car in silence. Jade was taken by a nurse when they arrived, and Cody and Ally had to wait outside. Cody slumped in the chair outside of the room with his head in his hands while he waited to hear some news of his unborn child.

And Ally sat next to her brother.

It was clear she had a number of questions that she expected to have answers to.

"I have some questions," said Ally.

"That doesn't surprise me," replied Cody.

"Can you please answer them?"

"Depends."

"Please?"

"Just ask your questions, Ally."

It was better to get it over and done with.

"Were you and Jade planning for another baby?" asked Ally.

"No," replied Cody.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were having another one?"

"Because Jade said that she wanted to wait and tell everyone at twelve weeks."

"How far along is she now?"

"Twelve weeks."

"You could have told me."

"Jade wanted to wait. The only reason you found out about Mason was because you heard Jade say his name. If you hadn't had heard, you wouldn't have known about him until twelve weeks."

"So, what were you and Jade really arguing about?" asked Ally, "and don't lie because I know now that you have been lying."

"Jade didn't want the baby when she found out she was pregnant. She told me when we were on the trip and she said she didn't want it. Of course, I wanted it, so we argued about it. But when you went to that sleepover at Kayla's place, Jade and I ended up sorting everything out, and that was when she told me that she finally wanted the baby. That's it, and you know now," replied Cody.

And Ally went silent.

She hugged her brother.

And Cody just sat there.

He didn't want any of this to happen.

...

Soon, Cody and Ally were disturbed from, well, nothing, when the doctor arrived. Cody recognised her as the one who told him and Jade back before Mason was born that he would have had to be born prematurely.

"Sorry to disturb you," said the doctor.

"That's fine," replied Cody.

"I am sorry to have to tell you this, Cody, but Jade has lost the baby. There was nothing we could do."

Cody just lowered his eyes and nodded.

He told himself to expect that. With the amount of blood that was on the floor when Cody picked Jade up, anyone could have guessed that she had gone through a miscarriage and there was no way of saving the baby.

"Jade has been asking for you. And if there is anything we can do for either of you, please, let us know," said the doctor.

Cody nodded and then he went into the room where Jade was, as Ally followed him. Cody made his way over to Jade and ran his hand through her hair before he leant down and kissed her on the head.

"This is all my fault, babe," said Cody.

"No, it's not," replied Jade.

"It is. I shouldn't have argued with you the way I did. I should have supported you and let you deal with it in your own time."

Jade sook her head, "no, Cody, it is my fault. I was the one who didn't want the baby and because I didn't and because I behaved like a spoilt brat, it has been taken away from us."

Cody didn't know what to say to that. Yes, Jade did act like a spoilt brat, but he never would have told her that in person. But he knew that it was all his fault, too, because he argued with Jade and he made her so angry. He pushed her into feeling so much stress as she tried to work things out in her own head, and it was so unfair of him to do that.

So, it was definitely all his fault.

"I want it out, Cody," said Jade.

"What?" asked Cody, confused.

"I want it out of me. Please get the doctor so I can have it taken out of me as soon as possible."

Then Cody realised what Jade meant.

"It's okay," said Cody, "you don't have to rush things."

"No, Cody, I want it out of me now. Will you get it organised for me, or will I have to do it myself?" replied Jade.

"No, I will see what I can do about it."

Cody then left the room to sort out what Jade wanted done. He didn't know what to do, say or feel right now, but he did know he hated himself, he would have blamed himself for this for a very long time.

...

Ally stood awkwardly alone in the room with Jade.

She didn't know what to do.

She didn't know what to say.

She didn't even know if she should have hugged Jade or anything.

It was different to hug Cody because of this, and she knew that he wouldn't have pushed her away.

But Jade was a different story because she was so upset.

But, nevertheless Ally did head over to Jade's side and she looked at her.

"I am sorry," she said.

"You don't have to say anything, Ally," replied Jade.

"I feel like I have to."

"Go and see where Cody is, please."

Well, that was a little rude, and Ally didn't like it.

"Don't you want me to stay with you?" she asked.

"Find him, please, Ally," replied Jade.

Jade then turned her head away from Ally, and Ally found that she wanted to cry. But she went and did as Jade asked and Cody soon arrived back with the doctor following him. And when Ally saw her brother, she felt even more tears come to her eyes and they soon just fell down her face.

Cody looked at his sister, "what's wrong, Ally?" he asked.

"It's jade. I said I was sorry, and she got angry with me," replied Ally.

"She will be like that. So will I."

Cody then walked past Ally and stood in the room with Jade and the doctor. For the first time in forever, Ally felt unwelcome in the room with her brother and his wife. Yes, they were both upset about the loss of their unborn child, but Ally didn't feel upset. Maybe it was wrong of her to feel like that, but she had no idea about the baby until now, and if she had have known about it sooner, she was sure she would have felt upset.

So, Ally just sat on the seats outside of the room and sulked because she didn't feel welcome.

She hated it.

But there was nothing she could have done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 7.1K 49
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
70.2K 2.8K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
605K 17.9K 37
[BoyxBoy] Kai Carter has been through hell and back. His parents are abusive, homophobic and don't support him financially so he has to work part ti...
19.4K 1.8K 28
"Holly, is there something you want to tell me?" Miss Adeline made me swallow the lump in my throat as her piercing eyes were staring into my soul. "...