Not Set In Stone

By lover-of-fandoms

Daughter of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, that's who Ria Rider was known as. She was expected to be a perfect lit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Descendants 2 Sequel
What If?
Z-o-m-b-i-e-s

Chapter 18

8.5K 259 77
By lover-of-fandoms

The remainder of my Sunday afternoon was pretty dull after I left the four of them at the picnic table. I headed back to my room as Ben came running back in and out of, asking me which socks looked better with his outfit for tomorrow. He was a complete mess and I just left the door unlocked so I wouldn't have to get up every five minutes.

While Ben was having a meltdown that only I had the privilege of experiencing, lucky me, I was also getting ready picking out my outfit. A long light purple dress was what I finally decided to pick out. I was working on picking out a pair of shoes to match with it when both Ben and Evie came barging in. This was about the tenth time in this hour that Ben has been in my room, so having Evie here as well was something fresh to see. Hopefully she wasn't coming to me with a problem because I'm really not in the mood for dealing with anyone but myself right now. I was already helping Ben with his crisis but add Evie onto that and no. I'm done.

"Ria, please tell me if this looks okay," Ben panted since he's been running back and forth for the past hour from his room to my room.

"It looks perfect Ben, get it off though before you get it all sweaty. Evie, what did you need?" I asked as I was in my closet looking for shoes.

"I figured you and Ben needed help but it looks like Ben's completely ready for tomorrow. What are you looking for? Shoes, accessories, a different dress? I can help with anything!" She offered as Ben said his goodbyes and rushed out of the room closing the door behind him. Dear god, who decided to make him king?

"Actually yes, Evie that would be great! I'm wearing the dress laid out on my bed that Delta better get her butt off of," I said walking over to Delta to move her off of my dress before she did something to mess it up. "If you could help pick out shoes that would be great! I'm ignorant when it comes to knowing a thing about fashion," I told her and she just smiled.

"That's alright, that's why you have me! I'll look for you," she stated as I remember that I actually had a finished drawing of her. Along with the one of Carlos and I was starting a sketch of Mal shortly after that.

"Thanks and this is for you," I told her handing her the drawing and her face lit up. "I haven't gotten around to the evil princess love story yet but don't worry I will," I remember that I promised that I would a few nights ago. Everything is just getting so hectic that I can't even remember what I promised people. It's a miracle that I'm not failing all my classes.

"This is beautiful and don't worry about the story. You and Carlos showed me that our parents statues don't define us. Thank you again for the picture!" She beamed as she went digging through my closet after placing the picture on my dresser. "Voila, the perfect shoes."

Evie placed the shoes on my bed next to my dress and they were perfect, there was no denying that. "Thanks Evie, these will work perfectly," I told her as she looked at the rest of my closet.

"No problem, I'm going to make you a dress in the next week or two, you know it make up for the drawing. Plus every girl needs a new dress every once in while," she stated as she wandered around my room and looked like she wanted to say something else but nothing was coming out.

"Are you okay? Like everything that happened at family day?" I asked and she shook her head no. At least I figured out what needed to be spoken about in one go.

"Do I look evil? Like if you didn't know me and I was just walking through the halls, would you think that I was wicked? Is it me?" She asked me her smile completely gone as we sat down on the edge of my bed. She looked to me waiting for my answer as if I had all the answers to her problems.

"Honestly no, to me you look like a girl that knows she's beautiful, has amazing fashion sense, and isn't afraid to show that she's smart as well. Evie, the only thing that even associates you with being a villain is your mother. Once people get past that, they'll see you for the beautiful princess that I see you as," I truthfully told her and I knew that the biggest issue that she wasn't addressing was about Doug.

"You think I'll find my prince, like Mal did?" She questioned and I nodded.

"They may not be your stereotypically prince like Ben, maybe a cute little son to a dwarf," I hinted at Doug and she looked at me confused.

"Doug? You really think so. What about what you just saw not too long ago?" Evie asked and I just laughed.

"Please, if you don't think he loves you, you're blind. The moment he laid his eyes on you, I could tell that he saw you than more than just your mother's daughter. I don't know what that was about though, you'd think he'd be stronger than that and not care what Chad said to him. Don't let that stop you two from becoming a thing, see if he apologizes because I really think he will if you give him time. Trust me, I know a lot about love except when it's my own. Just be glad, you're not cursed like I am," I told her placing my hand on her shoulder as she gave me a small smile.

"Oh please, Carlos broke this curse for you. So what you've had a few screw ups with guys, I mean Jay told me about Christopher Robin Jr, that had to suck, but hey it's not your fault he was gay," she stated which really wasn't helping the situation at hand.

"Thanks Evie, that makes me feel so much better," I answered sarcastically but just laughed it off with her shortly after.

The two of us sat around and chatted, that was until Audrey came in making the atmosphere very unwelcoming. She looked to Evie and gave disgusted look. "What's she doing here?" She sneered as Evie was getting up.

"I was just leaving because I'm clearly not welcomed here," Evie responded not wanting to start a conflict of any sort as she grabbed her picture thanked me again for it and left.

"You know your grandmother ruined everything. I hope you're happy," I told her hanging my dress up until tomorrow and she grinned at me.

"I am. It's about time people stop pretending that they're anything different from their parents. I mean look at us. We're basically our parents," she remarked as I rolled my eyes.

"Tell that to my non glowing hair. We're not our parents. People actually like Aurora," I retorted and she gasped. I don't see why she's so surprised when I insult her. I am the master at comebacks and puns, this is just a known fact about me.

"Knock Knock," Jay stated coming in as he saw that Audrey was sitting on her bed and both of them were completely unfazed by the other.

"What are you doing here thief?" Audrey questioned him and Jay just showed her a toothy smile.

"Oh please Audrey, you know you're in love with me. You just can't help yourself," he teased as Audrey laughed.

"You have got to be joking, me with you? That'll be the day," she stated as Jay just shook his head.

"So in denial, you'll come around. No one can resist these muscles, isn't that right Ria?"

"Don't make me kick you out," I threatened as someone else was knocking on the door. "Oh my god, who now?" I whined as Trinity opened the door.

"Hey Audrey, could you help me pick out my outfit for tomorrow?" She asked sticking her head in and Audrey jumped out of her bed ready to get the heck out of our room as quickly as possible.

"God bless." I sighed plopping down on my bed as Jay sat down with me. "What are you here for?" I asked him, honestly just wanting time to myself for a while.

"No reason, I'm just super bored. Carlos was freaking out about what happened today so I told him to go to Mal," he told me and I punched his arm. "Ow, what was that for?"

"You idiot, you should have sent him to me. He's the only one that I actually want to be speaking with right now," I explained to him as he put a hand over his heart.

"I'm hurt."

"Shut up you dork, you know it has nothing to do with you. Seriously though, did you want to tell me something or what?"

"Actually, I wanted to talk Audrey but Trinity whisked her away. Do you think I have a shot with her? I mean, she's a drama queen but man is she a looker," he told me and I faked gagged.

"Are you serious? Do you not remember what happened literally hours ago? You still want to get with that," I questioned him and he nodded.

"Look, I haven't hook up with a girl since Felicite Facilier and we weren't even a couple. She likes me even if she won't admit it to anyone. How could anyone resist me?" He asked flexing his arms and I just rolled my eyes.

"Trust me, I can. Come on, I have to get ready for tomorrow. Go flirt with Audrey or better yet don't. Honestly anyone in this whole school would be better than Audrey. Why not date..." I said giving him a push off my bed thinking of girls in our school.

Erika is gay, Mairi is just like her mother not wanting a guy at all, Melody would destroy him with his personality he has, Jane Darling, I don't see Jay liking her or the other Jane. I thought about the other girls as Jay looked to me awaiting an answer.

"I'm waiting. Who do you think is the perfect match for me?" He asked with a smirk on his face as he saw that I was struggling to think of an answer.

"I don't know. I just know it's not Audrey and it's not me. That's all I can tell you," I told him pushing him out of the room as Mal looked like she was ready to come in.

I was ready to flip out with Ben bugging me, Jay being a bother just by existing, and now Mal. If it wasn't for Evie I'd be a total mess right now. I mean hours ago they didn't even want to be bothered. "Ria, can I talk to you or is this a bad time?" Mal asked nicely and I knew this was something important to her. If it wasn't, she wouldn't even both talking with me.

"I can talk but Jay needs to leave," I told him and he just laughed.

"I'm going. I'm going. You need to take a chill pill. See you later Maria Fitzherbert," he stated intentionally trying to piss me off. Mal shut the door behind her and sighed as she laid down on Audrey's bed.

"Are you alright Mal?" I asked only knowing the moody and sarcastic side of her. I didn't know what to expect when she was having a mental breakdown.

"Ben really likes me, doesn't he?" She asked as she looked towards the ceiling and I didn't understand why she was so bummed about everything.

"Mal, there's no reason to be insecure about him liking you. You're beautiful and of course he really likes you. Ben can see the beauty in everything where others can't," I told her and she grunted.

"That's not it. I'm not insecure. It's just... you know what. Never mind, forget I was even here," she mumbled getting up and leaving my room.

Weird. Something's going on and I honestly have no clue what's gotten into her. Finally though, I had some peace and quiet. Everything was ready to go for tomorrow and Audrey was nowhere to be found. Ben finished getting ready and stopped bargaining in my room.

I decided to check my phone for stories and seeing what was going to with Auradon Prep school news. Of course there were stories about the Isle of the Lost kids and most of the opinion page was negative about them. Along with that, Ben was the big talk with the coronation. He's going to be king. That's amazing and I don't think it has set in with either of us that this is actually happening. Even though I'm not his girlfriend, I get to be down on the floor with him and watch the crowning close up. I am only his best friend ever, no big deal.

Not even talking about the effects the four of them had on me personally, those four managed to bring Ben and I together even more and I'm thankful for that. Sure, I rather not have been possessed by magic love cookies but I'm past that now.

Anyways, I was finally drifting off to sleep after this disaster of a Family Day when the door creaked open ever so lightly. I let out a loud sigh opening my eyes as I saw Carlos standing there looking timid. Something was really wrong with all of them. None of them were acting like themselves, especially Carlos and Mal.

"Hey, is everything alright? Don't let what Chad and all them said get into your head," I told him as I sat up on my bed and made room for him. He just sat on the edge of my bed looking down at his hands.

"That's not it. Honestly, I've dealt with more crap with people that I actually thought cared about me," he responded, referring to his mother which just hurt to hear every time he talked about it.

"What is it then? Come on you trust me. We're dating, we're supposed to tell each other things," I told him moving next to him as I placed my hand on top of his.

"You see that's the problem...." he sighed. "Ria, I have to be honest with you because I really don't want to lose you. You've been the first person to really accept me for something more than a villain."

"Carlos, what's wrong? I promise I won't judge you. You're scaring me, is everything okay?"

"We're planning to steal the wand tomorrow during the coronation. That's the only reason we agreed to come to Auradon, in the first place. We're going to break the barrier and let everyone free," he told me as he waited for my responded looking horribly ashamed.

"Well then... Um, I don't know what to say. Gee..." Come on Ria, wwbd, what would Ben do? Ben wouldn't hate them and neither would I. They're not villains and Carlos clearly doesn't want to go through this. I mean, why else would he be telling me about it?

"Look Ria, I'm sorry but I had to tell you. I couldn't keep it in any longer. It makes me feel like this whole relationship is a lie. I didn't expect anyone to treat me like you do and I don't want to lose that. You've made Auradon such a better place and I don't want to go back to the Isle of the Lost. I don't want to be evil. I want to be with you...." he rambled as he started to tear up getting angry with himself over this whole plan.

"Hey, don't cry. Carlos look at me," I told him taking his head in my hands as tears rolled down his face. I looked deep into those puppy dog eyes of his and knew there wasn't any evil in him. "You're so pure of heart and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. You are not a villain. You are not evil. You are not your mother. You are not bad. You are great. You are good. You are hero and I'm in love with you Carlos De Vil." I kissed him ever so softly as his crying slowly stopped.

I held him tightly as I felt the hot tears hitting the back of my neck. "You're perfect Carlos, please don't cry," I whispered to him. I can only imagine his life on the Isle that caused him to be so broken and fragile.

"Thank you Ria, you've always believed I could be good. I don't want to steal the wand," he responded quietly and he backed away to wipe his eyes and he looked completely drained.

"You don't have to do anything, you don't want to do," I told him and he sighed.

"But my mother...."

"Screw her, she can't get to you here. You don't need her. She's your shackles and you've broken free of her. Carlos De Vil, you are finally free to live your life. You get to decide your life, no one else. I know that you can be good, the question is do you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.4K 2K 24
As soon-to-be King. Ben makes his first proclamation, to bring five kids from the Isle of the Lost to Auradon. Chosen among the five teens for the Is...
41.6K 1K 15
Six months, it's been six months since the prince and the princess of Auradon brought four kids from the isle of the lost over the bridge and gave th...
954 17 14
In the enchanted land of Auradon, a tale of love and adventure unfolds as Y/N, a spirited resident of the Isle of the Lost, joins her friends Mal, Ev...
24.7K 416 21
Five VK's from the Isle of the Lost have been chosen to come to Auradon for the chance to be good. What happens when the daughter of Gaston meets the...