No Ordinary Love

By OgNina

His kisses brought life back to Zayra and it sparked a hunger she couldn't contain. She matched his rhythm un... More

Chapter 1: Daddy's Home
Chapter 2: Miles Away
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chpater 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104

Chapter 20

60 5 0
By OgNina

***NOT EDITED***

Ryan was dedicated to the band. He showed up after school everyday. Emily insisting they finish their homework first before spending three hours straight practicing everyday. Sometimes Ryan stood back and ate dinner with them.

"Zayra, tomorrow, can you guys come over to my place?" he wiped the sweat from his face with a towel.

"Umm sure. We'll be there after school."

"I'll drive you guys, you can tell Emily not to bother picking you guys up from school.

"Cool, see ya later." she continued to put the instruments back in their place.

Ryan of course had his own car. Being the rich child of rich parents, it had its perks. Such as the sweet truck that was given to him as his Senior gift. All he had to do was maintain his 3.0 gpa. After that, he was expected to go to college and possibly work with his father.

He was used to having everything and anything. Everyone around him giving in to his whims. He was the youngest child of three. All boys. His father a proud father made sure they didn't want for nothing.

Music lessons, sure.

You want to join baseball, of course.

Then he met Zayra. She was feisty and demanding. She didn't budge an inch and she always told him straight out what she thought of him.

He liked her.

He was getting used to being around her. She was exciting and sad and broken and beautiful. A deadly combination for him. He knew she had a boyfriend an older rich boyfriend from what he gathered.

It didn't matter to him. She didn't show any sign that she liked him more than a friend.

He sighed, the party was in less than two days and he still hadn't convinced Zayra to play with them. He was nervous. He knew he had talent, he know Josh did too, especially now with Zayra but having her around guiding them helped out a lot. He felt like superman playing for her. She saw his talent in her eyes and that made him want to be better.

He was serious when he told her she made them better.

"Zayra, what are your plans for Xmas?" he began to help her out.

"Oh I'm going to Peru."

He looked down at his feet, he knew what was in Peru. Josh had vaguely explained her background to him.

"Nice." he said tightly.

"What about you?" she looked at him, noticed his mood change.

"Uhm, home." he shrugged.

"You don't sound excited."

He twisted his mouth. "I love my family don't get me wrong, it's just that it's always the same you know. My brothers come down with their wives and their kids and tease me about girlfriends and stuff."

"Why don't you take a girlfriend." she had seen him with numerous of pretty girls in school. Ryan was a handsome guy. Dark hair and eyes, light skin. He was tall and wiry, muscles showed definition. She knew he worked out, something a drummer needed to do to keep his stamina.

"I don't have a girlfriend." he looked at her suddenly.

"But you have a lot of girl friends. Why not ask one of them over."

"I was going to ask you."

She paused and looked at him squarely. "Ryan, you know I have a boyfriend."

"Yes." he hissed, he didn't need to be reminded. "I was just hoping you'd be there for support."

"Oh...I see." she smiled at him. "Sorry kid, I have plans. Next time."

He nodded. "Okay, I'll hold you up to it."

"Just give me an advance notice. My card is full for the next few weeks." she winked at him, making his gut churn with butterflies.

He needed to get out quick.

"Cool. I'll see you."

"See you." he slowly walked away, turned again and watched her continue picking up the room.

*********

It was the night of the party and they were a ball of nerves. Including Zayra and she wasn't even performing. They had gotten better over the past few days. She saw their drive. Josh had began to lead and Ryan follow, even though Ryan was the better musician.

They had decided on the five songs to play for tonight and just in case a few more.

The party was at restaurant they had booked for their anniversary. It had a dance floor and an area for a band/DJ to set up. They were supposed to open up for a band that covered mostly The Door songs. The parents favorite.

Angie walked up to them as they began to move the equipment. Ryan brought his drums from home and his amp. Josh brought his guitar and secretly brought a violin hoping, no praying Zayra would join. He was super nervous. This was their first gig and he didn't want to suck.

Zayra noticed the violin and shook her head.

"Hey guys, thanks for making it." Angie's green eyes sparkled.

"Of course, well thanks again for letting us do this." Ryan quickly said smiling. "You know Josh and Zayra right?"

She nodded, she had Zayra for a couple of classes. "Yeah of course. Hello." she looked at Josh and smiled, her color changing.

Zayra caught this.

"They're excited to play for your family."

"We're excited too. You can set up over there. We'd like you guys to start after dinner is that cool?"

"Yeah don't sweat it."

Ryan said as he walked toward the area she pointed at. Angela Vance family and Ryan's had been friends for almost 10 years. He pretty much had known her his whole life. Her family had a produce company that distributed around the world. They were what Ryan's family would consider new money.

"Would you like something to drink?"

"yeah sure." Josh said.

"I'll be right back." she bit her lip.

Zayra decided to like her.

"Hey can you tell me where the ladies room is?"

"Sure, I'll take you." she walked with Zayra in silence.

"Soo, how long have you known Josh?"

And so it begins, thought Zayra.

"Not long, a few weeks. How long have you known Ryan?"

"For ever it seems. Our parents are friends." she gave her a small smile.

She nodded.

"So are you part of their band?"

"No, I'm their music teacher."

"Oh, wow really. That's cool. I wished I knew how to play an instrument."

"Well if you want to learn, let me know, I give lessons." she had went inside a stall and was talking to her from behind the door.

"Well I'll think about it." she said hesitantly. "I'm not really that good."

"It's okay. I have tons of patience, you should have seen Ryan and Josh."

She walked out and washed her hands.

"Do they practice at your house?"

"Well it's Josh's house really. I know you know I'm staying there." she looked at her eyes.

She gave a small shrug. "It's none of my business."

"No it's not."

She looked up at her suddenly but saw Zayra's smile.

"Well if you don't mind adding another one to your roster, I would love to check you guys out first."

"Sure, we're practicing again on Monday after school. You're welcome to come over."

"I don't want to intrude." she shook her head. They walked toward the refreshments.

"Nah, it's cool. I'm so tired of only male companionship. I need another girl around."

Angie smiled at that. "Okay. You have Music with Christensen as your last class right?"

Yeah." Zayra made a face.

"My friend Moira told me she has you for that class. She says you're brilliant."

"Ha!" she made a face. "Come on, I think they're thirsty." she nodded at Ryan and Josh who stared at them.

They made their way back and handed the drinks to them.

"Ryan, have you seen my parents? You should say hi. It's too bad your parents couldn't make it."

"No I haven't seen them yet. They said to tell them hello and congratulations. They should be back from San Francisco tomorrow. I think they might stop by with their gift."

"Well I'll let them know you're here. If you guys need anything else let me know." she smiled at the three but kept her gaze longer on Josh before walking away.

He was oblivious.

Zayra snorted.

"What?" Josh looked up his blue eyes confused at her face.

"Nothing." she shook her head. "Are you guys ready?" her smile slowly spreading.

"It would be better if you played with us Zayra." Ryan looked down at her. He was much taller than even Roman.

"Nah, you'll do fine." she squeezed his cheek. This was out of her comfort zone. But the look he gave her made her feel like he needed encouragement.

He stiffened. He had noticed she was a bit reserved with affections. He thought it was because of her loss.

She quickly removed her hand. She didn't feel embarrassed exactly just taken aback.

"Zayra. You think we're ready?" Josh broke the awkwardness.

"Yes. I wouldn't have said so." It was the truth, she heard them perform and practice everyday, finding their rhythm together. They were ready for their first gig. With more practice they would only get better and better and in this Zayra had faith.

********

The party was a lavish display of money. Sure they looked happy and all but it was more of an excuse to have a party than a celebration. She noticed that both of Angie's parents liked to drink.

They were a bit older than her parents and noticed their music choice was eclectic. Leaning more on rock music. They were already tipsy when it was time for Anomaly to play. That was their band name.

Zayra shook her head.

She saw them tuning their instruments, their face showing fear and anxiety. Zayra's heart began to beat faster. She knew they could be great but now they needed encouraging.

"You guys will be great." She looked at the two, eyes serious.

They nodded, feeling pumped.

They placed themselves in the center. Angie was in the center of the floor with one of the microphones introducing them. Zayra stood close by, she saw some of the members of the other band, flock to see them play.

Zayra saw Josh's eyes twinkling with anxiety. She knew it well. The first song was B B Kings The thrill is gone. Zayra had drilled them with the tempo and rhythm. Every detail dissected for them to see not only mentally but emotionally.

The way she spoke about Music was intoxicating she made you love it even more. He began to strum his guitar, his body tense. The audience quiet, leaning in anticipation. He turned to Zayra for help.

Shit he was going to choke!

He looked at her, playing he was supposed to start singing.

But he just played.

Zayra quickly grabbed the violin, she huffed and positioned herself next to him. He gave her a grateful nod, but when he was supposed to sing, he didn't.

So Zayra did.

The thrill is gone

They cheered

The thrill is gone away

Loud

The thrill is gone baby
The thrill is gone away
You know you done me wrong baby
And you'll be sorry someday

Some people jumped up

The thrill is gone
It's gone away from me
The thrill is gone baby
The thrill is gone away from me
Although I'll still live on
But so lonely I'll be

She began to play the violin, her body turned sideways now, she was able to see Ryan's mouth agape. He had never heard her sing before. It was raw and soulful yet subdued and soft.

"Your turn Josh, you got this." She whispered.

He began the second part.  His voice showing a distinct sting. His voice gritty showing vulnerability, it fit the song.

When the song was over everyone cheered impressed. They were not expected to do so well.

The second one was a bit more upbeat.

Green day Hitching a Ride, had people begin to dance. Zayra smiled, watching Ryan and Joshua's anxiety lower and their ego get higher at the cheers.

Zayra lending her vocal talent on some parts. Trying to help but not wanting the spot light. Their set flew by, they decided to change the last song to Justin Timberlake I can't drink you away. Zayra figured, everyone already looked pretty plastered, it'll uplift their need to drink.

Zayra and Joshua kept a rhythm in their duet. They had never practiced singing together. Zayra never saw the need. Was she wrong. However she had worked with him long enough to know his style.

Everyone cheered, they were eating it up. Singing to the song, saluting them with their beverage. Lifting it up cheering. Zayra saw Joshua's face and knew he was hooked. He was a goner. He would become another slave to fame.

She looked at Ryan who stared at her, thanking her with his eyes and something else she didn't have time to decipher.

The night ended well. They got many people to ask for their info, promising them gigs. They stood till the party ended enjoying their moment celebrating.

Angie snuck them shots of tequila. The four stood congratulating each other. They counted to three and drank the shot, chased it with salt and lemon.

Gah

Zayra made a face, oh this shit burned. She wanted more.

Angie smiled and went for more.

After the fourth shot, Angie was trying to hug Zayra.

"You sing amazing! And you play the fffucking violin." She made a symbol with her fingers. Like ok.

Zayra laughed, feeling the effects of alcohol warming her body and muddying her brain. She had never drank.

Ryan noticed her eyes start to gloss and knew she had enough to drink. He grabbed the one she was about to pour down her pretty lips. She pouted.

Damn

Her green eyes stormy. "That's mine Ryan."

"You've had enough."

"Ok Dad!" and laughed making fun of him.

She waved him away. Something about him reminded her of Roman. She couldn't place it.

"Let's take you home."

"Ah what?" She turned to face him.

He ignored her, "Joshua come on it's time to go home." He was falling asleep on the chair.

He got up quickly and stretched.

Zayra made a face. Grabbed the shot and downed it before he was able to do anything about it.

"Ahhh" and wiped her mouth with her hand, unladylike.

Ryan mouth twisted in a smirk.

Oh yeah he was done. He was toast, he really liked her.

He only sighed and shook his head.

"Well come on" she pushed him out of her way. "Bye Angie, see you on Monday." She waved, walking to the truck that belonged to Ryan.

They drove in silence, suddenly tired.

Ryan watched Zayra eyes begin to fall close. He could hear her light breathing. She had the most beautiful lips and cheekbones he'd ever seen. She kept surprising him. Like today.

That voice!

She hid it.

Why.

He shook his head and wondered if her boyfriend knew how to really make her happy. He wished he had the chance. He sighed. They were at their house. He parked in front. Joshua bolted out muttering he needed to pee.

He gently shook her awake.

"Zayra you're home."

She opened her jade eyes and shook her body awake.

"Alright. Good night." She opened the door. He closed the door by reaching across.

He was close.

"What's up Ryan."

Her eyes curious on him.

"Uhm, I just want to say thanks again for tonight."

"Sure." She moved to leave but he still held the door.

She sighed.

"Look Ryan, I like you, but I'm telling you now. If you're thinking about kissing me, don't. I have a boyfriend and I don't think of you that way. Forget about me, focus on someone else. I'll only break your heart."

He let go of the door deflated.

Tough Love.

Zayra smiled before exciting. "I'll see you Monday Ryan."

She walked in and heard him peel out. She had wound him, she saw it in his eyes. It was for his own good. Later he'd thank her. Zayra saw the way he was staring at her was the same way Roman did.

And that made her uncomfortable.

She couldn't wait to see Roman. He made everything make sense. She smiled.

17 more days.

--------------

  A/n that's right Zayra u got a man! How do you like the group though? Trio? We'll seeeee. Stay tuned. It's going to get bumpy soon enough. 

Song choice is BB King (r.i.p) The Thrill is Gone. Love the violin part. I had to have Zayra play it. (In my head of course)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 154 40
"I fucking 𝘰𝘸𝘯 you." He hissed. "You own me in 𝘣𝘦π˜₯ and not in reality!" I insisted on my words. 𝘠𝘦𝘴, π˜ͺ𝘧 𝘡𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘣𝘰𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦π˜₯ 𝘺𝘰𝘢...
89.3K 2.2K 51
π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ π‘‘π‘–π‘“π‘“π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘›π‘π‘’ 𝑏𝑒𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑒𝑛 π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘π‘Žπ‘ π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘ π‘’π‘›π‘‘ 𝑀𝑒 π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ β„Žπ‘–π‘š. ...
19.6K 1.1K 43
She trails her long manicures nails across his jaw, moving agonising slow down to his chest. His body warming with her close proximity, heaving with...
147K 1.4K 86
"That's it, baby," he continues, his tone almost soothing, despite the filth spilling from his lips. "Take my cock. Take all of it." Baby. My belly f...