Hanging With the Senior Boys

By OutOf_Love

Alexis Spencer has just started freshman year, and is trying to balance five things: 1.) Keeping good grades ... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
Final Chapter
Hanging With the Senior Boys REVAMPED

VII

4.7K 116 37
By OutOf_Love

"Serena's been so busy with Jack, she can't function," Claire said.

"Don't be so bitter," I said.

She threw her head on the table, "I wouldn't have to be if I wasn't so ugly."

"Don't even lie like that Claire. You know that you aren't ugly."

She laughed, "I know, but we're both still single, so something must be wrong."

"That sounds so desperate Claire."

"I am believe it or not. I am d-e-s-per-ate."

"Why?" I said laughing with her.

"Because I don't want to go to the Valentine's Day dance all alone. Homecoming was cancelled, so that was the only excuse for not having a date there."

"Why can't you just go with your friends? Plenty of people do it."

"Well the only friends I have are you and Serena, and she's going with Jack, and you're just you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're just a friend. It's not the same."

"You are making too big of a deal about this Claire."

"I just wanted to be cool. And date a really cute guy, and show off at the dance. You know, live the Hugh school dream."

"You are such a cliché."

"And? It's the way I was born."

"You'll find someone eventually Claire, just wait. I'm not even looking, and I know I'll find someone."

From the right corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of Levi, effortlessly gliding through the lunchroom crowd, on his way to me.

"It looks like Levi is coming over here," Claire said.

"I know," I said, "I wonder why?"

I was bit prepared for Claire, Serena, Mom, Dad, or anyone else in the world to know about the situation that happened last night.

"Hey Alexis," he said with a smile, "Hey Claire."

If she hadn't been scared of pure embarrassment, I believe that Claire would have fainted in that very second.

"You wanna come over to my table. We have enough room for both of you," he finished.

Just as he finished Claire answered, "Yes."

She already accepted, so I only stood up and followed her. She nudged my arm with her elbow as he faces ahead, walking in front of us.

"Oh my gosh," she whispered, "I love you so much right now."

"You aren't still obsessed with Dewy after what I told you are you?"

She only kept walking, eager to complete her dream of meeting her schoolgirl crush. I couldn't share the same feelings with her considering my moment of surrealism came the first day I met Levi up close and in person. She flipped her hair as she sat down.

"Hey," the members greeted.

"Hi," Claire said smiling involuntarily.

"Hey you guys," I said.

Levi took a seat next to me.

"How's freshman year going little freshman buddies," Dewy said, "still drowning in homework?"

"As always," I said.

Two nods came from the lunatic to the other side of me.

"That's the thing," Levi began, "since we're seniors we don't get as much. Most of us are actually done with school but want to walk at the end."

"Let's rephrase that," Jasmine said, "Levi doesn't have a lot because he isn't in any honors or ap classes. Some of us aren't basic."

"Oh that's what it means huh?" Levi cracked, "I'm basic."

"Come on guys leave him alone, he's already passed calculus." Guy said.

"And that's all," Jasmine said.

"Well I've already gotten accepted to where I want to go, so I don't care anymore honestly."

"Where do you want to go?" I said.

"Michigan State University. Track and field scholarship."

"Haven't you heard that you're never supposed to go to college in the state you live in?" Dewy said.

"No. Don't you think that myth's a little stupid."

"It's not a myth though, it's true. You just don't do it because you'll be too close to home, and you'll never feel free."

"I don't know about that," Lily said.

"Same," Sydney agreed, "Me and Katie are going to MSU too. Where is she by the way?"

"Damian is in the hospital I know that, but I don't know about her," Dewy said, "She wasn't in first period."

"Damian's in the hospital?" I said.

"Yeah, he got his appendix removed," he said.

"I love the school pizza," Claire said.

My head slowly turned to see her stupid face grinning.

"Are you serious?" I said with my eyes, tilting my head sideways.

"I like the pizza too," I said aloud.

"It's pretty cool," Dewy said, "but I like the tacos more. Do you?"

If only I could tell her to use her words while not being mean. A cat, most likely Cheshire, yanked her tongue for a good ten days before it let go.

"Yes siree," she said, "that's my second favorite school food item."

I couldn't recall the last time was when I heard a human say the word item.

He chuckled at her passion for him, being obvious to anyone, "You're pretty cool kid."

He only wanted to make her jump over the edge.

"Thank you," she said.

Lunch then ended. I walked with Levi and Dewy to French.

"She likes me doesn't she?" Dewy said.

"I don't know," I said.

"It's pretty obvious," Levi said.

"That's cute. Little freshman crush on the old guy. I wouldn't be caught dead liking a freshman though. It's weird."

"Not really," Levi said, "it's not that big of a difference."

"It's enough to look bad though. An adult dating a kid. We're just about eighteen man, how would I look making out with basically a middle schooler. It's sick."

"I guess."

* * * *

"What if everyone thinks like that?" I said.

"Who cares?" He replied.

"I do, and I know you have to at least a little," I said.

"No I don't, and neither should you."

"I just can't help it. I mean did you hear how he sounded? He sounded purely disturbed."

"Disturbed?" He said laughing.

"Yes disturbed."

"You're over-thinking it. It's not that serious at all."

"I guess."

The phone slipped from my hand and onto the floor, "Hold on."

Once it was reintroduced to my hand I spoke again,"My phone just fell out of my hand."

"Is it broken?"

"No."

"Good. Now you can't stop talking to me."

"Stop, you're too cheesy."

"Not as cheesy as a grilled cheese."

"Stop."

"Okay. So Lexi, what college are you going to?"

"I don't have a clue truthfully. I just pick colleges that everyone knows when people ask."

"You should come to Michigan State with me."

"But when I get there, you'll be a senior again."

"Ha, clever."

"What time is it?"

"Like eleven."

"Wow is it really?"

"I know, we've been talking forever."

"Well I should go to sleep. See you tomorrow Levi."

"See ya Lex. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I tucked the phone under my pillow, and let my head rest back against the fluffy structure, giving my neck comfort after the endless day.

"Who was that?" Mom said, opening the door.

"Mom?" I said, confused as to why she was listening in on me.

"Who were you talking to?"

"My friend."

"What friend? Is it a boy?"

"If it was?"

"Alexis Spencer. Don't be sarcastic with me. I know you were talking to that boy Levi. Just like I know you were alone with him just this past weekend and didn't tell me."

"Why do I have to? He's a cool guy, and nothing has happened. We're just friends."

"Friends don't go to dinner Alexis."

"Ugh."

"Listen. He is too old for you, and I expect you to know that yourself. The only reason he could be flirting with you would be to get into your little innocent panties, and afterwards he'd treat you like a stranger."

"Mother."

"It's the truth. Deal with it. I only want you to be happy, and it's not gonna be with him. I'm just trying to tell you before anything else really gets started."

"I'm going to sleep."

"Please listen."

"Okay Mom."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 393 53
Eighteen year old Alexis begins college with her mind set to face her studies and be on her best behavior but almost immediately she resumes, she fal...
483 155 30
Ever read that story where the bad boy dates the nerd because a dare or bet? Well, in Lexi's story, it's the other way round. Alexis Hill is forced b...
254 0 24
Caitlin Sanford shows you HOW to get through senior year of school living in a small town filled with parties, sports,love triangles, difficult paren...
90.3K 6.1K 85
✨COMPLETED✨ I took a few steps before I stopped to face him again. "Jay?" I said, barely above a whisper. "Hmm?" "I love you. You know that right?" I...